Sign in to follow this  
nearbyatom

Lynch with a sports hernia

Potentially huge

Of course, Hurns supposedly has the same injury and played Thursday.

I have both he and Rawls(was lucky enough to plug him in yesterday) I honestly think Rawls is the better back at this point. Beastmode has not been himself this season.

Potentially huge

Of course, Hurns supposedly has the same injury and played Thursday.

Hurns was also ineffective. I think that there is a difference in the ability of a WR to play with this injury and a running back.

I think he is done , I never have been in postion to draft him in the past and I was unlucky enough to do so this season . Not a very skillful pick .

I think he is done , I never have been in postion to draft him in the past and I was unlucky enough to do so this season . Not a very skillful pick .

Yeah, I drafted him as my RB1.

My other gems were Alfred Morris and Justin Forsett.

The WW has been my saviour: Rawls, Karlos, Langford, CJ2K

I also drafted Peyton Manning as my QB1. Luckily, I was able to snag Rivers very late and cheap.

He has always been a safe pick. Hard to predict he'd get this injury. It was a good pick, but injuries happen.

On a more optimistic note: AD played the last 6 weeks of the 2012 season (when he was going nuts) with a sports hernia. He put up 160 rushing yards a game.

Regardless of the findings by the doctor as they relate to his potential ability to play through it, hopefully the Seattle organization will "encourage" Lynch to "sit a spell" to get fully healed.

Despite to money that Lynch is being paid, they must recognize that Rawls is their best shot at a playoff appearance. Lynch had too many touches last year, and has little to offer this season. Rawls, on the other hand, is the spark plug they need.

I cut Rawls to pick up Turbin after I traded for DMC....sighhhh

Regardless of the findings by the doctor as they relate to his potential ability to play through it, hopefully the Seattle organization will "encourage" Lynch to "sit a spell" to get fully healed.

Despite to money that Lynch is being paid, they must recognize that Rawls is their best shot at a playoff appearance. Lynch had too many touches last year, and has little to offer this season. Rawls, on the other hand, is the spark plug they need.

I don't think you can heal a hernia with rest if it needs surgery. You either play through it or get under the knife.

Sure hope the 3 teams ahead of me on the waiver wire are asleep at the wheel.

You better hope they are drunk, drugged and sleep. :lol:

I hope the 7 teams ahead of me are asleep as well. I sure can use Rawls.

You have a shot considering somebody may grab buck allen (who may be the safer pick anyway, since its not 100% lynch is done)

Also, this late in the seasons the last place teams start to lose interest and dont pick players up

Anyone who had Lynch and could have picked up Rawls but "didnt have the bench space" should slap themselves. This was an obvious must cuff situation after he got dinged up and looked like crap to start the season.

• Like 1

I'm calling my own shot. he will be scheduled for surgery tomorrow to repair sports hernia in attempts to be back for a playoff run by week 17. You heard it here first

I wish I knew something definitive before waivers late tonight.

Pete Carrol ruling Lynch out for week 12 already according to roto.

Pete Carroll said that??? That probably means Lynch will be starting next week.....

• Like 1

@AdamSchefter: Seahawks' RB Marshawn Lynch needs "a couple weeks to see how he does" and "to see if he can recover" from ab injury, per source. For now.

@AdamSchefter: Seahawks' RB Marshawn Lynch needs "a couple weeks to see how he does" and "to see if he can recover" from ab injury, per source. For now.

I saw this too. What the hell does that mean? Does he have a sports hernia or not? He was evaluated today. Wish Schefty was clearer.....

I saw this too. What the hell does that mean? Does he have a sports hernia or not? He was evaluated today. Wish Schefty was clearer.....

Does anyone feel like some of this is to justify the extension they gave him in the offseason?!

well the Roto-tards are interpreting this to mean "no surgery", at least not right now.....damn, for those of us that own both Lynch and Rawls, it sure would be nice to be able to drop Lynch for one of the waiver wire RB gems....

any Lynch owners have the balls to drop him?

Congratulations all we've done it!!!! Bring out the confetti and the celebration gifs!!!!

Rotoworld)FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports "indications" are Marshawn Lynch (abdomen) is expected to miss "about 4-5 weeks" with the hope that he's back by late-December.

Analysis: If Lynch misses only the next four weeks in this best-case scenario, that would have him back for Week 16, also known as fantasy championship week, against the Rams. Expecting him back that soon would be wishful thinking, so odds are Lynch will provide zero help the rest of the way. Thomas Rawls is locked in as the Seahawks' No. 1 running back the remainder of the re-draft season. Owners in a roster crunch can likely cut Lynch without suffering any repercussions down the stretch. Rawls has high-end RB1 upside the remainder of the season.

I'm calling my own shot. he will be scheduled for surgery tomorrow to repair sports hernia in attempts to be back for a playoff run by week 17. You heard it here first

@RapSheet: Details on #BeastMode, who is set for surgery this morning.... https://t.co/of5CeJgMkD

Called my shot

• Like 1