Sign in to follow this  
phillygrrl08

Who is on your DND list?

I see a lot of people taking Bell in the first round in ppr. His injury came late enough in the season I'm not taking him. Avoiding Freeman and Charles as well. Too expensive for the risk. Plenty of late round healthy starters, like Jennings and Gore. Woodhead can be had in the 7th or 8th round. I'd rather fill my top spots with WRs.

Thoughts?

If the price is right I'll draft anyone.

• Like 2

I see a lot of people taking Bell in the first round in ppr. His injury came late enough in the season I'm not taking him. Avoiding Freeman and Charles as well. Too expensive for the risk. Plenty of late round healthy starters, like Jennings and Gore. Woodhead can be had in the 7th or 8th round. I'd rather fill my top spots with WRs.

Thoughts?

Jennings and Gore? Yuck. Jennings is so damn overrated and only has a few good games a year. Gore is ancient, though I thought he would have been more irrelevant last year. In tough match ups I'm no sure he can hang.

Jennings and Gore? Yuck. Jennings is so damn overrated and only has a few good games a year. Gore is ancient, though I thought he would have been more irrelevant last year. In tough match ups I'm no sure he can hang.

RBs just drop like flies. I have a hard time spending early picks on a position that is so ripe for serious, season ending injuries. Last year I took Marshawn with my 2nd pick and was saved for the season by DWill.

• Like 1

I won't touch Freeman. No way does he do what he did last season. His ADP is insane for a guy who compiled the majority of his stats in a 5 game stretch, then averaged a paltry 3.7 ypc average the final half of the season. If he fell to the 3rd, I would consider him, but not in the first or even mid 2nd. I think he's going to burn some owners this season.

Guys I am still contemplating, but unsure of; Matt Forte - I do not like the Jets line. At all. If Fitz isn't back, he's not getting drafted by me. He will play three solid defensive lines in his division, and he's not getting any younger. Will he still get the receptions? At his ADP, I'm not willing to risk it right now. Not until I see him in the preseason or the Jets make some line improvements.

Carlos Hyde - They will try to run, but Hyde has a ton of questions. Can he stay healthy? Can he run on the Rams, Cardinals or Seahawks? I expect his ADP to rise during the preseason, likely pushing him out of where I would be comfortable selecting him. I try to go best player available when drafting, and unless Forte and Hyde fall down the board a bit, I won't draft them.

I'm with you mostly. I got burned by Marshawn at #2 overall in a NON PPR 14 teamer that I somehow managed to still win.

Heck my other top RB Lamar Miller sucked for half the year too.

I like some of those old guys at their ADP. It's a week to week game. Rbs on decent teams will score some points.

Wait... How is Jennings overrated? Isn't going after the 8th round? I don't see how a starting RB available that late is overrated.

anyone running in the Belicheck offense.

Belicheck plays the RBBC and will feature a different RB almost every week.

Dion is draftable, but I'd not want him as a starter for reasons stated above and injuries.

Dont even know why anyone would have a list of players they won't draft.

Never know how a draft will go .

Everyone that I think has the ability to get me another fantasy football title I'm in .

In Gore's favor, 2014 showed that when Luck and the IND offense is clicking, RBs like Bradshaw and Herron can find themselves elevated.

Wait... How is Jennings overrated? Isn't going after the 8th round? I don't see how a starting RB available that late is overrated.

Ok 8th round isn't where overrated guys usually get drafted. I still think that is overeating him because his ceiling is so limited. In the past he always seems to be the value running back everyone is after. Last year he had 1,159 total yards. Not bad, but then he had 4 total touchdowns. I don't know how you can rely on a guy like that as a starter. You will be getting beat by the person who took a higher ceiling running back who is tearing up the league while you played it safe with Rashad Jennings.

Now if you did make it to the playoffs last year with him, he did finally start to pull his weight with solid numbers. His week 17 start doesn't really count which was his best. Before the fantasy playoffs started he had one game over 11 points in ppr format. Just not a guy I am willing to start.

Charles HAS to have a higher ceiling than that. Plus he is going in the 2nd round. I don't think the 2nd round receivers are so good that they cannot be passed on to take a solid running back.

Do Not Draft (at this time)

-Chicago Bears Running Backs

-Baltimore Ravens Running Backs

-New England Patriots Running Backs (in a perfect world I'd love RB on a great team, but this team is laughable how they roll their backs)

-Ronnie Hillman

-Andre Ellington

-A QB before round 3

Over-rated receivers I don't expect I'll take

-Ted Ginn Jr

-Mohammud Sanu

-Quintin Patton

-Reuben Randall

-Nelson Agehlor (unless he is MUCH improved)

-Markus Weatan (living in Pittsburgh I am not sold on him and he's flying off boards. I am taking a flier on Coates in the last round)

Two other super stars I am cool on...Dez Bryant and Jordy Nelson. Don't get me wrong, I'd love either one IN THE RIGHT spot, but Dez is tracking top 5 and Jordy top 10. I don't agree with either. Dallas is going to pound pound pound the ball...Dez wil get his numbers, but I can name 10 receivers I think will score more. Jordy is a risk/reward thing...31 years old, coming off major knee injury? His claim to fame is that breakneck speed. If he's the same Jordy he's a stud, but we won't know until we know. Thus, I'd let someone else take the gamble and I'll pick Brandin Cooks instead.

For the record I do like Randall Cobb on a comeback year.

• Like 1

Dont even know why anyone would have a list of players they won't draft.

Never know how a draft will go .

Everyone that I think has the ability to get me another fantasy football title I'm in .

for the most part I agree.

I move players down my list if I dont like something about them. If I REALLY dont like something about them I move them down the list further.

generally these type of players I rank in a position that if they actually fall that far I'd be dumb not to take them (even as a backup to my backup)

usually that works out to being the same as a DND, but occasionally it doesnt.

if a player was low on my list to begin with and then other issues come up, then yeah, I'll put them on the DND list. but in those situations the upside is quite limited to begin with, so if other issues come up why risk a pick on them if there is really no potential reward?

Why would you waste the time of making a dnd list . Just dont rank them .

Don't see a need for a list .

Ok 8th round isn't where overrated guys usually get drafted. I still think that is overeating him because his ceiling is so limited. In the past he always seems to be the value running back everyone is after. Last year he had 1,159 total yards. Not bad, but then he had 4 total touchdowns. I don't know how you can rely on a guy like that as a starter. You will be getting beat by the person who took a higher ceiling running back who is tearing up the league while you played it safe with Rashad Jennings.

Now if you did make it to the playoffs last year with him, he did finally start to pull his weight with solid numbers. His week 17 start doesn't really count which was his best. Before the fantasy playoffs started he had one game over 11 points in ppr format. Just not a guy I am willing to start.

Charles HAS to have a higher ceiling than that. Plus he is going in the 2nd round. I don't think the 2nd round receivers are so good that they cannot be passed on to take a solid running back.

Jennings will not be anyone's RB1. In most cases he's going to be a RB3 and maybe a RB2. I'll take a team's starting RB as my RB3.

My do not draft guy is Jimmy Graham. I don't see him returning from that injury well.

Jennings will not be anyone's RB1. In most cases he's going to be a RB3 and maybe a RB2. I'll take a team's starting RB as my RB3.

My do not draft guy is Jimmy Graham. I don't see him returning from that injury well.

The OP specifically used Jennings as an example of a late round starter over Charles. I stated why he would be a poor option as a starter imo. As a backup he is fine. Starter, no.

The OP specifically used Jennings as an example of a late round starter over Charles. I stated why he would be a poor option as a starter imo. As a backup he is fine. Starter, no.

Got it. I wouldn't want him as my starter either.

here are some of the serviceable, later round RBs I can get instead of Bell and Charles, both of whom aren't a year out from serious, season ending knee injuries and are going in the first:

CJ

Hill

Duke

Woodhead

Gio Bernard

Jennings

Gore

Ivory

I'm not risking a first round pick on Bell or Charles when I can get these guys later.

here are some of the serviceable, later round RBs I can get instead of Bell and Charles, both of whom aren't a year out from serious, season ending knee injuries and are going in the first:

CJ

Hill

Duke

Woodhead

Gio Bernard

Jennings

Gore

Ivory

I'm not risking a first round pick on Bell or Charles when I can get these guys later.

Charles is going in the 2nd as of now

After the 8th beer there is a need for a list.

I'm a big believer in DND lists. Lots of research goes into potential DND list guys for myriad reasons.

I've started my list this year with Jordan Reed amd Rob Gronkowski. Very real possibility they will be on the board for me. Not drafting those guys.

• Like 1

I have touched on this before but Its always worth mentioning again. I think a DND list is good and I dont believe in "everyone has value". Hear me out and bear with me. There is another factor when picking players aside from the usual expected output or projections. That factor is the detriment to your team if you are starting them and they falter. Now, everyone has bad games. 50% of the top 12 guys at wr and rb will bust or get hurt. But there is that nagging feeling of being forced to start a guy because he was taken so high.

Allow me to use CJ anderson last year. He was hyped as the guy in Denver. I personally had him on my dnd list just as I famously did Montee ball the year he ruined peoples teams. I know in denver, its always "the other guy" who breaks out. so last year I avoided CJ and drafted Hillman late. Meanwhile the Anderson owner played him week in and week out getting 3 points or whatever from him. Why? Cuz he was an early pick, he must get on track soon right? Gotta happen. Then when he does have a good game, he says "See! CJ is back!", then starts him another 3 weeks and gets poor production. This is the outcome I want to try and avoid. Maybe I will be wrong, as we all are, but if I am right on a guy, he wont be on my team and I wont feel the urge to start him based on draft status.

I also had Toby Gerhart on my dnd list that one year. How many people started him multiple weeks in a row waiting for him to get on track? I aim to avoid these situations so I am not saying to myself "Man, I knew this guy would suck but I took him anyway cuz the value was so good!" Screw that.

After the 8th beer there is a need for a list.

I'm a big believer in DND lists. Lots of research goes into potential DND list guys for myriad reasons.

I've started my list this year with Jordan Reed amd Rob Gronkowski. Very real possibility they will be on the board for me. Not drafting those guys.

True.

anyone who drafts in a league where it's often a big piss up should know that when you're hammered, you arent gonna remember anything if its not on a list.

Do not draft is usually code for I'll never draft them because they're going way too high for me to considerate it.

Do not draft is usually code for I'll never draft them because they're going way too high for me to considerate it.

Will some have said they have a real do not draft list .

I have touched on this before but Its always worth mentioning again. I think a DND list is good and I dont believe in "everyone has value". Hear me out and bear with me. There is another factor when picking players aside from the usual expected output or projections. That factor is the detriment to your team if you are starting them and they falter. Now, everyone has bad games. 50% of the top 12 guys at wr and rb will bust or get hurt. But there is that nagging feeling of being forced to start a guy because he was taken so high.

Allow me to use CJ anderson last year. He was hyped as the guy in Denver. I personally had him on my dnd list just as I famously did Montee ball the year he ruined peoples teams. I know in denver, its always "the other guy" who breaks out. so last year I avoided CJ and drafted Hillman late. Meanwhile the Anderson owner played him week in and week out getting 3 points or whatever from him. Why? Cuz he was an early pick, he must get on track soon right? Gotta happen. Then when he does have a good game, he says "See! CJ is back!", then starts him another 3 weeks and gets poor production. This is the outcome I want to try and avoid. Maybe I will be wrong, as we all are, but if I am right on a guy, he wont be on my team and I wont feel the urge to start him based on draft status.

I also had Toby Gerhart on my dnd list that one year. How many people started him multiple weeks in a row waiting for him to get on track? I aim to avoid these situations so I am not saying to myself "Man, I knew this guy would suck but I took him anyway cuz the value was so good!" Screw that.

While true, I wasn't about to draft Toby in the early rounds. My expectations of him were extremely low. If anything I would have taken a flyer on him in the later rounds. But I let other people be dumb and draft him early essentially wasting their 2nd or 3rd round pick

Will some have said they have a real do not draft list .

Once players start flying off the board and your left with a 5th or 6th round pick and you're wondering if you should take one guy or the other, the DND list comes in real handy.

Coaching changes, injury risk or recent injury return, personnel changes, schedule, division defenses....all get factored into me putting what looks like a very good player on a DND list. It's saved me. Once they go on the list I don't waffle since the research work has been done.

Wish I had CJ Anderson on my list last year! I did have Toby on there the year he was all the preseason rage.

Just finished my high stakes league draft, went bpa and ended up with David Johnson and Lamar Miller with my first two picks. Chose from the ninth spot.

Not crazy having Edelman and E Sanders as my starting WRs. I am screwed at TE.

Very deep at RB. Have Forte and JStew.

I know you are all fascinated. Resume life.

Just finished my high stakes league draft, went bpa and ended up with David Johnson and Lamar Miller with my first two picks. Chose from the ninth spot.

Wow. Not the route I would have went. I have a feeling you will be wishing you went receiver where you got Miller. Actually I would be trying to make deals now to get Cooper, Alshon, or Cooks for him. Forte is more than fine as your rb2.

Wow. Not the route I would have went. I have a feeling you will be wishing you went receiver where you got Miller. Actually I would be trying to make deals now to get Cooper, Alshon, or Cooks for him. Forte is more than fine as your rb2.

No trades in high stakes. Yeah, should have gotten Cooper instead of Miller. Everyone was going big on WRs. After I took Johnson, the next five picks were AJ, Dez, ARob, Keenan Allen, and Jordy. Thought one of them would make it back to me.

No trades in high stakes. Yeah, should have gotten Cooper instead of Miller. Everyone was going big on WRs. After I took Johnson, the next five picks were AJ, Dez, ARob, Keenan Allen, and Jordy. Thought one of them would make it back to me.

Did you get a top QB at least? That's a rough top two receivers. Love djohns though.

Did you get a top QB at least? That's a rough top two receivers. Love djohns though.

Yeah Rodgers and Palmer.

That's what is funny. Here I preached about WRs and ended up with blah, and RB rich.

May be the outlier here, but I actually like your draft. Drafting fads come and go, but BPA is always best policy. Johnson and Miller are an excellent combo, and Edelman is rock solid. Sanders is a little more dicey, but he has been a consistent weekly producer. Rogers and Palmer are a top notch pair. Having Forte and Stewart waiting in the wings is exactly what one needs with the RB injuries that will inevitably occur.

Drafts can be deceiving. I think it will work out for you if any of your WR depth pans out, and if you can field a decent TE.

Dam you had your draft early

May be the outlier here, but I actually like your draft. Drafting fads come and go, but BPA is always best policy. Johnson and Miller are an excellent combo, and Edelman is rock solid. Sanders is a little more dicey, but he has been a consistent weekly producer. Rogers and Palmer are a top notch pair. Having Forte and Stewart waiting in the wings is exactly what one needs with the RB injuries that will inevitably occur.

Drafts can be deceiving. I think it will work out for you if any of your WR depth pans out, and if you can field a decent TE.

Thanks--hope you're right!

Dam you had your draft early

I'm doing one more high stakes draft the Weds before the season starts. Thought this would be interesting, not knowing injuries, etc. and with one FAAB waiver period before week 1.

While true, I wasn't about to draft Toby in the early rounds. My expectations of him were extremely low. If anything I would have taken a flyer on him in the later rounds.

This is exactly what I try to avoid. Taking a guy because he fell and is a great value even though he is on my NO list. Instead of taking a flyer on a guy I feel will bust, I would rather chance upside on a lotto ticket or talented part timer. Yes I do understand that if I'm wrong, I missed out on a good deal.

This is exactly what I try to avoid. Taking a guy because he fell and is a great value even though he is on my NO list. Instead of taking a flyer on a guy I feel will bust, I would rather chance upside on a lotto ticket or talented part timer. Yes I do understand that if I'm wrong, I missed out on a good deal.

Piggybacking off this:

I tend to try and avoid guys like this as well. The thing is, often what happens is the groupthink starts throwing keywords such "breakout" and talking about how a guy is going to suddenly perform like a star despite mediocrity throughout their career. Then you begin to wonder, ok, what am I missing and perceiving value becomes murky.

Very seldom do I actually blackball a player completely, but that's partially also due to me always trying to have multiple ways I can go with any given pick. I hate backing myself into a corner, forcing myself to draft a position and choosing between muck and dung. While I haven't run into it a lot in early MFL10's...I feel like as the zero-RB theory gets more and more usage this year, it's going to lead some teams into making some very uncomfortable decisions in the middle rounds.

I think you're posting this in the wrong thread.