Sign in to follow this  
Gouz41

Who do I keep? Megatron or Matt Forte?

I'm in a PPR league that lets you keep one player from the previous year. I have both Megatron and Matt Forte and hold the 7th pick. Who do I keep? Thanks for any advice.

I don't know Gouz. RBs like Forte are pretty scarce, but then again so is Mega. Look around and see who else is being kept, as that will help you ascertain which position is the thinnest going into the draft. My gut says Forte is the call.

I remember letting mega go back in the pool a few years back because he was out with a ankle or hammy for several games. I know RB's get hurt too, but I would keep forte then get a WR... D.thomas or Dez could be the better WR. With the Dallas D i could see Dez being the man and DT having Peyton. Not sure mega will be the top guy

Forte, although if possible try to trade either one for a draft pick.

Why would you trade a top 4 player for a draft pick? That doesnt make any sense. You would lose a ton of value, a TON of value by doing that.

Keep forte because he may be the top rb this year.

Someone being the top guy doesn't matter.

It's about fielding good weekly lineups and not busting on early picks.

I'm considering him vs Lynch-Murray at 6 currently.

Assuming top 4 and Lacy go.

I'm in a PPR league that lets you keep one player from the previous year. I have both Megatron and Matt Forte and hold the 7th pick. Who do I keep? Thanks for any advice.

Forte

Why would you trade a top 4 player for a draft pick? That doesnt make any sense. You would lose a ton of value, a TON of value by doing that.

because your still keeping a top 6 or 7 player and most likely getting a great pick or really good picks in return

to the op I'd keep CJ. Forte will struggle to make the top 10 this year.

Best answer by far. Forte is pretty consistent with yards and Rec, and his TDs will rise with no Bush at goaline, Detroit has Tate, and two rec RB's and CJ hasnt had a good TD productive season in a few years.

because your still keeping a top 6 or 7 player and most likely getting a great pick or really good picks in return

to the op I'd keep CJ. Forte will struggle to make the top 10 this year.

You mean trade forte and then keep calvin? This isnt allowed in my keeper leagues.

You mean trade forte and then keep calvin? This isnt allowed in my keeper leagues.

It's not your keeper league... and yes, that was the idea, trade one and keep the other.

I'm curious are you saying no trades before the draft?

It's not your keeper league... and yes, that was the idea, trade one and keep the other.

Its not your keeper league either. How do you know his league allows trading in this manner?

I'm curious are you saying no trades before the draft?

In my keeper leagues yes there are no pre draft trades. The point though isnt about all trades, its about trading assets away for picks and then keeping a different player. That is a practice that should never be allowed in a keeper league, or at least not allowed once the season has ended.

I had graham, mccoy, dthomas on one team. Should i be allowed to trade each of those guys for a round 1/2 pick? Hell no. It ruins the integrity of the league.

If teams want to do in season trading for draft picks thats a different story, and i know a few leagues that do allow it.

To answer the question, you keep Forte. WR is deeper

To touch on the trading, my keeper leagues have always allowed trades. It lets teams with tons of good keeper options get some picks for them and allows weak teams to acquire some better keeper options. promotes a little bit of parity.

Last year In a league where we keep 3, I traded my 2.2 pick for Charles and a 5.10. I then traded Julio for a 3.1 I kept Charles, Megatron and Matt Ryan.

I guess not all leagues allow this but if his does, I would gladly try to trade Calvin. He won't make it to pick #7 so why not try to get something for him? Even if its an extra 3rd or 4th.

To answer the question, you keep Forte. WR is deeper

To touch on the trading, my keeper leagues have always allowed trades. It lets teams with tons of good keeper options get some picks for them and allows weak teams to acquire some better keeper options. promotes a little bit of parity.

Last year In a league where we keep 3, I traded my 2.2 pick for Charles and a 5.10. I then traded Julio for a 3.1 I kept Charles, Megatron and Matt Ryan.

I guess not all leagues allow this but if his does, I would gladly try to trade Calvin. He won't make it to pick #7 so why not try to get something for him? Even if its an extra 3rd or 4th.

Did the other owner have to still forfeit the pick charles was supposed to be? or can you trade every person on your roster for a few rounds better than they are going for and then keep separate players?

It doesn't make sense if you can just trade away all your assets and then keep different players. I could trade away Vereen for a 5th, Luck for an 8th, Garcon for a 4th/5th, Bush for a 4th/5th, Spiller for a 5th, and then still keep Mccoy and Foles.

Did the other owner have to still forfeit the pick charles was supposed to be? or can you trade every person on your roster for a few rounds better than they are going for and then keep separate players?

It doesn't make sense if you can just trade away all your assets and then keep different players. I could trade away Vereen for a 5th, Luck for an 8th, Garcon for a 4th/5th, Bush for a 4th/5th, Spiller for a 5th, and then still keep Mccoy and Foles.

in this particular league keepers are just keepers. you keep 3 as your first 3 rounds and everyone is required to keep 3. Think of the MFFL league you just joined where each team was required to keep a 'franchise player'.

Trades really only happen when one team has a surplus of perceived keepers and another team has poor keeper choices. In the league I used as an example, there were probably 5 total trades of which I was part of 3. The owner who traded me Charles was the stacked league champion and was keeping Peterson, Martin and Brees. I could have kept Charles, Calvin and Julio but QBs are at a premium (QB flex league) and I wanted to keep Ryan. the team i traded Julio to was the last place team and in serious need of keeper quality players. Giving his 3rd for Julio gave him a better keeper and still allowed him to use his 1st on the top remaining player.

It really helps parity in that league.

If other owners want to keep players like Vereen, Bush and Spiller then sure, why not?

trades are made before keepers are due. No one in their right mind is going to give you a pick for Vereen if they don't plan to keep him.

If other owners want to keep players like Vereen, Bush and Spiller then sure, why not?

trades are made before keepers are due. No one in their right mind is going to give you a pick for Vereen if they don't plan to keep him.

If that's how you like your league then I guess I understand. Is our keeper league like that? I think it adds an unfair advantage to a team that was already good the previous season and allows them to keep drafting top talent. We try to give a small advantage to the teams at the bottom to promote some parity.

If that's how you like your league then I guess I understand. Is our keeper league like that? I think it adds an unfair advantage to a team that was already good the previous season and allows them to keep drafting top talent. We try to give a small advantage to the teams at the bottom to promote some parity.

yikes, sorry i was comparing our MFFL league to show keepers didnt have a round associated with them. In MFFL the franchise keeper is just a keeper free of charge. As for trading in that league, i don't think its allowed.

but my home league that I used as an example is not the only league I am part of where trading is allowed prior to keeper announcement.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I happen to think parity is promoted even more by allowing the 'have-nots' to acquire better keepers.

In the Julio Jones example, the owner i traded with would have had to draft Julio with his #1 pick. Instead, he got Julio for a #3, and was able to draft a top player at #1. I benefited by adding another 3rd round pick but thats really a 6th rounder talent wise. Sure it helps but looking at it from his end, wasn't it worth a 3rd?

Maybe it only works for parity because we don't have retarded owners who would trade away their 1st rounders for marginal keepers. :dunno: i could see how that would fock with parity.

yikes, sorry i was comparing our MFFL league to show keepers didnt have a round associated with them. In MFFL the franchise keeper is just a keeper free of charge. As for trading in that league, i don't think its allowed.

but my home league that I used as an example is not the only league I am part of where trading is allowed prior to keeper announcement.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I happen to think parity is promoted even more by allowing the 'have-nots' to acquire better keepers.

In the Julio Jones example, the owner i traded with would have had to draft Julio with his #1 pick. Instead, he got Julio for a #3, and was able to draft a top player at #1. I benefited by adding another 3rd round pick but thats really a 6th rounder talent wise. Sure it helps but looking at it from his end, wasn't it worth a 3rd?

Maybe it only works for parity because we don't have retarded owners who would trade away their 1st rounders for marginal keepers. :dunno: i could see how that would fock with parity.

I guess the only experience I have with trading in keeper leagues are the stories two brothers from my other keeper league tell me. I always ask them whey they allow the trades when people keep making stupid deals.

I guess the only experience I have with trading in keeper leagues are the stories two brothers from my other keeper league tell me. I always ask them whey they allow the trades when people keep making stupid deals.

i can see where there is a fine line. Actually, I am in another league where there are 10 keepers and we have one owner who had built a pretty stacked team and he keeps it going by pawning off his older guys and people keep giving him 1st rounders in return! these are older players he would have to cut otherwise. Its not awful because with 10 rounds in the books its 100 players kept so there ends up being the top rookies and then just a few marginal guys with 6th round ADPs available

but in the 3 keeper league there are always good 1st round players available. and when trades go down i cant ever think of a case where a 1st round pick was exchanged. every trade seems to benefit both parties.

Wow... this is a long thread for such an easy question to answer.

OP... who do you have ranked higher... Forte or CJ? Keep that guy.

(hint: it should be Forte)

Forte. While megatron is a badasss he does have a few things stacked against him. The lions are leaving the passhappy offense of old and are committing to the new OC's run heavy plan. Golden tate will soak up the underneath routes and act as a true #2 meaning that stafford will not have to force the ball megatrons way. Ebron is going to get his catches also.

thanks for all the responses guys. There are no trades in this league so that won't be an option.

Keep Forte then. With one keeper, it's pretty simple... who would you draft first? There's your keeper.

Best answer by far. Forte is pretty consistent with yards and Rec, and his TDs will rise with no Bush at goaline, Detroit has Tate, and two rec RB's and CJ hasnt had a good TD productive season in a few years.

Why would his TD's rise without Bush? Bush only scored three TD's last season and they weren't vultured TD's. He was in on the entire series. Those three would have gone to any of the backups on the roster as a RB has to be spelled from time to time. Bush only had 61 attempts for the entire year and they were not goal line attempts. Most of them came in the 4th quarter when Forte was done for the day.

As for someone saying to trade one of the players; It makes sense. You cannot keep them both, so why not try to trade for a better draft pick with one of them? I would keep Forte, but offer CJ up in trades to every owner and see if I couldn't improve my draft slot in one of the rounds, even if it were only a mid-round selection.

The way Trestman uses his RB's, it's an absolute guarantee, barring injury, Forte finishes in the top 6 backs in ALL PPR formats. This is one thing I hate about message boards. People post stupid crap without knowing what they are talking about. Look at Trestman's history, including last season. I posted last pre-season to look at Trestman's history as he has ALWAYS had two top ranked WR's on his clubs along with a top 5 ppr running back. I was damn near blown off the board by negative comments. Well, you saw where Forte, Marshall and Jeffery finished the season and Bennett didn't do so badly either.

I'm going against the current. Megatron.

Why? Its ppr so that is edge right off the bat to Megatron. Megatron is a TD machine and though Golden Tate might take a TD or two this is the first time in his career he has a decent 2 WR... yes, Titus Young and Broyles were the 2 WR lol... so coverage will not be so one sided... ie. no triple team TD catches.

Forte has had injury history nothing kills a season faster than a hurt 1 RB. Chi offense is more pass happy helped his ppr but not sure it will help his TDs with a legit WR/TE combos.

The only red flag is new Lions offense but Peyton Manning coach + Aaron Rodgers coord sounds awesome. If your league score long plays it is more rightly so cause I can see Megatron leading the league in that. I consider Forte a top 4 RB and WR is deep but at 7th you can get decent RB.

You got a good problem either way you be happy with your choice yes WR is deep but Megatron is a big drop off from next guy... like Dez got injury history. Health and production hard to go wrong.

I'm going against the current. Megatron.

Why? Its ppr so that is edge right off the bat to Megatron. Megatron is a TD machine and though Golden Tate might take a TD or two this is the first time in his career he has a decent 2 WR... yes, Titus Young and Broyles were the 2 WR lol... so coverage will not be so one sided... ie. no triple team TD catches.

Forte has had injury history nothing kills a season faster than a hurt 1 RB. Chi offense is more pass happy helped his ppr but not sure it will help his TDs with a legit WR/TE combos.

The only red flag is new Lions offense but Peyton Manning coach + Aaron Rodgers coord sounds awesome. If your league score long plays it is more rightly so cause I can see Megatron leading the league in that. I consider Forte a top 4 RB and WR is deep but at 7th you can get decent RB.

You got a good problem either way you be happy with your choice yes WR is deep but Megatron is a big drop off from next guy... like Dez got injury history. Health and production hard to go wrong.

I'd say PPR is actually an edge for Forte, not Megatron. All WRs (starters) catch the ball, not all RBs do. Oh, and Drew Brees' coordinator, not Rodgers.

Forte. RB are more valuable than WR.

You can still probably get Johnson at 7 if you want him that badly, and even if you wait until the 2nd round with your pick you could still get a top flight WR.

I would be tempted to take Calvin. Forte isn't a bad pick but I wouldn't be surprised if he has a little drop in production from last season.