Sign in to follow this  
GameDay Guru

D. Johnson owners

I don't have his handcuff. My backs are pretty damn good in both leagues I have him.

DJohns

Bell

Spence ware

Djohns

Hyde

Ware

DWill

T west

Cmike

I haven't, but I am loaded at RB. I think CJ/Ellington would split touches assuming they are both healthy, if DJ went down.

I took DJ #1 Overall and didn't handcuff him for this reason. I think CJ would get 60% of the touches though. I was going to take CJ the round I decided to take Derrick Henry instead. Someone else then got CJ.

I think you won that deal , Henry was a better pick.

• Like 1

I think you won that deal , Henry was a better pick.

Man I hope so. I've got no depth at RB unless a starter goes down.

You guys are confirming my thoughts, I appreciate the responses. Roster spots are at a premium in my league and I would rather take a shot with a lotto ticket type RB.

I don't have his handcuff. My backs are pretty damn good in both leagues I have him.

DJohns

Bell

Spence ware

Djohns

Hyde

Ware

DWill

T west

Cmike

Nice list.

Check out my keeper league

D. Johnson

D. Freeman

L. Bell

Du. Johnson

T. West

C. Michael

I'm going hardcore on RBs this year. Zig while everyone else Zags.

Nice list.

Check out my keeper league

D. Johnson

D. Freeman

L. Bell

Du. Johnson

T. West

C. Michael

I'm going hardcore on RBs this year. Zig while everyone else Zags.

I could never buy into this WR craze. I'm just not ready. I could've had A. Brown #1 overall but I went RB.

Henry gives you someone that will play even if D Murray starts.

Henry gives you someone that will play even if D Murray starts.

That's the biggest reason why I took him. He will see touches but if I lose a starter early I will still be in a pickle.

i took cj2k in the 14th only because my 1st round picks always seem to flop. we added a bench spot this yr which makes it reasonable to hold on to him but he's still likely the first player i drop if i need to.

I don't really handcuff players. Why handcuff when I can get a starting back on another team who's better?

• Like 1

I don't really handcuff players. Why handcuff when I can get a starting back on another team who's better?

Amen

this x100. Gone are the days of handcuffing Priest Holmes with Larry Johnson because of RBBCs. There's no guarantee that any #2 RB on the depth chart can step in and replicate the numbers of said starter.

Plus, it's not like this player, in this case CJ?K and Ellington, have any sort of value to anyone other than the DJ owner. I'd rather take my chances on a lottery ticket like DeAndre Washington or Devontae Booker.

The only players worth handcuffing are players with known injury history such as Arian Foster, Ryan Mathews, Jonathan Stewart, etc.

But even still I wouldn't reach because as I stated earlier these handcuffs have next to no value to other owners.

Handcuff are good picks after all or most of the best starting Rbs are gone .

I handcuffed DJ with CJ. Why? One, because IF CJ goes down, I have a guy who was tearing it up last season before he got hurt and automatically becomes the starter on a potent offense. Two, because if DJ goes down and I don't have CJ and instead have, say, Coleman or Morris, I have NO RB starter unless Freeman or EE go down, which is obviously no guarantee.

CJ it totally worth a bench spot if you own DJ. Best part is you can normally get him late as other people aren't targeting CJ like they are targetting Coleman, Michael, Ware, Morris, etc...

I handcuffed DJ with CJ. Why? One, because IF CJ goes down, I have a guy who was tearing it up last season before he got hurt and automatically becomes the starter on a potent offense. Two, because if DJ goes down and I don't have CJ and instead have, say, Coleman or Morris, I have NO RB starter unless Freeman or EE go down, which is obviously no guarantee.

CJ it totally worth a bench spot if you own DJ. Best part is you can normally get him as other people aren't targeting CJ like they are targetting Coleman, Michael, Ware, Morris, etc...

But the argument to be made is what if CJ doesn't get all of the work? He only took over for Ellington after he got hurt. What if when DJ goes down you have full blown RBBC? What if DJ doesn't go down at all? Not saying he's worthless but I would wait til the very very end of my draft to even consider taking CJ?K. If someone else takes him, he'll be dropped by midseason if DJ stays healthy.

But the argument to be made is what if CJ doesn't get all of the work? He only took over for Ellington after he got hurt. What if when DJ goes down you have full blown RBBC? What if DJ doesn't go down at all? Not saying he's worthless but I would wait til the very very end of my draft to even consider taking CJ?K. If someone else takes him, he'll be dropped by midseason if DJ stays healthy.

What RBs get all the work anyway? CJ is a better RB than Ellington and he will get the GL work. It's safer it gaurantees production out of a RB spot when you could try and get two for one and end up with none.

I am more risk averse when it comes to my stud RBs and if they have a capable handcuff, I like to take it.

I don't handcuff when the RB2 situation isn't crystal clear. DJ is an example. You could be handcuffing into a 60/40 split.

It has merit when its someone like Morris to Zeke or DWill to Bell. A clear inheritance of the load.

• Like 1

Oh yea I agree with the above post , makes no since other wise .

Now let's say in a ppr league , is it a handcuff if you have lets say Hill and Bernard .

In some cases you can actually start both of them.

Not sure if that's the case in a ppr league .

I think if DJ went down CJ and Ellington would both share time , Ellington would be the third down Rb.

I don't handcuff when the RB2 situation isn't crystal clear. DJ is an example. You could be handcuffing into a 60/40 split.

It has merit when its someone like Morris to Zeke or DWill to Bell. A clear inheritance of the load.

Exactly.

The bench RBs I drafted are Tevin Coleman and Starks because I know if the starte goes down they will see at least 80% of the work. Those guys are the ones that make good handcuffs or late picks when 32 starters are gone. Plus they're likely to be pretty good each week.

Anyone who owns DJ and doesn't handcuff him with CJ and DJ gets hurt is gonna be sick that they didn't later...

He played 4 years at UNI with no significant injury history either. I'd go as far to say CJ might get hurt before DJ does. Lots of thread on those tires already and coming back from a broken leg. CJ might get hurt in practice before DJ does in an actual game.

And going back to what I said about thread on the tires and breaking his leg last year. If you think they'll give CJ a full workload after DJ goes down please pass that shet over here. I like my ganja strong.

I havnt, but I'm eyeing him on the waiver wire, and strongly considering it.

I just have to figure out who to drop.

No. Carlos Hyde is my 4th RB so he starts if David Johnson, Zeke Elliott, or LeSean McCoy get hurt or have a bye.