Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

So much for my birthday cake...SCOTUS speaks.

Speaking of cake makers, is the below a moon landing here?

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article211644619.html

Mom ordered his vanilla and chocolate cake online with the words, "Congrats Jacob! Summa Laude class of 2018."

She would have had an inkling that something could go awry because the online receipt was flagged with the message, "Profanity/special characters not allowed." The word "" was dashed out in the form's message box.

In that form there is a box where customers can write special instructions and in that space Koscinski wrote: "My son is graduating Summa Laude" and noted that it was a Latin term for high academic honor and was not profane. She wrote, "the system is mistaking the word '' for something inappropriate vs. Latin."

You admit that because the cake was gay he refused service to the gay couple. Thank you. Good try though.

If it was a straight couple that walked in and asked the baker to make them a gay cake he would have said no to them too. How do you not understand? He didnt refuse the people he refused to make a certain product. It makes me cringe for you that you cant understand such a simple rationale.

She wrote, "the system is mistaking the word '######' for something inappropriate vs. Latin."

So is Mike's profanity filter.

If it was a straight couple that walked in and asked the baker to make them a gay cake he would have said no to them too. How do you not understand? He didnt refuse the people he refused to make a certain product. It makes me cringe for you that you cant understand such a simple rationale.

Don't worry I cringe every time you and others on here support discrimination. It's 2018. Try to catch up.

Don't worry I cringe every time you and others on here support discrimination. It's 2018. Try to catch up.

why did the gay couple discriminate against those willing to bake the cake. Why did they discriminate against this Christian baker? Why did they refuse to support his beliefs.

As ruled, tolerance is a 2 way street.

why did the gay couple discriminate against those willing to bake the cake. Why did they discriminate against this Christian baker? Why did they refuse to support his beliefs.

As ruled, tolerance is a 2 way street.

Hah.. how do you discriminate against them by using their business and giving them money?

They weren't calling for a boycott. They werent protesting outside Of their business. They wanted them to sell them a cake that they wanted and just like everyone else.

They didnt discriminate against a gay couple. People are allowed choose what they make and dont make but who they make or dont make something for. If they asked him to make a cake with a cigar on it but his dad died from cancer and he just didnt want to, he is alllwed to say no. If he refused a guy because he saw him smoking a cigar outside before he came in, discrimination. Its such a simple concept how do you not understand it?

They didnt discriminate against a gay couple. People are allowed choose what they make and dont make but who they make or dont make something for. If they asked him to make a cake with a cigar on it but his dad died from cancer and he just didnt want to, he is alllwed to say no. If he refused a guy because he saw him smoking a cigar outside before he came in, discrimination. Its such a simple concept how do you not understand it?

How one can say the telling of a protected class of people that a business will not serve them and not understanding how that's discrimination is truly baffling.

If you're making business transactions based on your religious beliefs then you need to work at a church not a public business.

How one can say the telling of a protected class of people that a business will not serve them and not understanding how that's discrimination is truly baffling.

If you're making business transactions based on your religious beliefs then you need to work at a church not a public business.

I guess you've never heard of Kosher or Halal? That shouid put your argument to rest. Thanks for playing though.

I guess you've never heard of Kosher or Halal? That shouid put your argument to rest. Thanks for playing though.

Facepalm.....WHAT?!

What are you babbling about? He refused to make them a wedding cake because it was going to be part of a gay wedding, by his own admission.

Okay, for the last time, he didn't refuse a class of people, they were regular customers of his, he refused to make a product. And it isn't a public business, its a private business.

"No, I won't make this cake because you are gay." - not okay that's discimination

"No, I won't make this cake with two c0cks touching because it makes me uncomfortable." - okay

Get it?

Okay, for the last time, he didn't refuse a class of people, they were regular customers of his, he refused to make a product. And it isn't a public business, its a private business.

It won't matter. It's still going to be discrimination.

And even you know what I meant by public business. They serve a community.

Facepalm.....WHAT?!

If I went to a Kosher butcher could I tell him to prepare the meat in a non-Kosher way, which would be against his religion?

If I went to a Kosher butcher could I tell him to prepare the meat in a non-Kosher way, which would be against his religion?

If that's a product he offers.

If you're asking him to provide a product he doesn't offer any tells you no then it's not discrimination. Holy crap dude.

If that's a product he offers.

If you're asking him to provide a product he doesn't offer any tells you no then it's not discrimination. Holy crap dude.

The baker didn't offer gay themed wedding cakes, did he?

It won't matter. It's still going to be discrimination.

And even you know what I meant by public business. They serve a community.

You're right, it doesn't. Courts agree with me.

Once a company is a corporation or goes public, there are MUCH MUCH stricter guidelines that they have to follow compared to a private local owned business. So when we are talking about something like this, you need to use correct terminology, it matters.

If it had been a Muslim Baker refusing to make a cake with the picture of Mohammad on it this entire matter would have never come up.

Glad these dumba$$es can't actually make any type of rulings that matter. Focking retards.

The baker didn't offer gay themed wedding cakes, did he?

He offers cakes that with his artistic ability can make into whatever he wants. Good luck if that's the fight you want of saying he didn't have the ability to make this cake.

That's completely different than not offering kosher products and you asking him to make it. This isn't hard.

Once a company is a corporation or goes public, there are MUCH MUCH stricter guidelines that they have to follow compared to a private local owned business. So when we are talking about something like this, you need to use correct terminology, it matters.

I explained the difference. Don't try taking and twisting my words to make yourself sound enlightened.

And no actually the courts didn't agree with you. They disagreed with the filing. Don't worry it will get fixed and theyll have to make the stupid cake. Thank goodness.

He offers cakes that with his artistic ability can make into whatever he wants. Good luck if that's the fight you want of saying he didn't have the ability to make this cake.

That's completely different than not offering kosher products and you asking him to make it. This isn't hard.

The butcher is capable of preparing the meat non- Kosher. What's the difference?

I think we can officially move cyclone into the beta b!tch category. Other than the fact that he voted for Trump there isn't a conservative thing about him, guy is a complete liberal whack job like the rest of them.

I explained the difference. Don't try taking and twisting my words to make yourself sound enlightened.

And no actually the courts didn't agree with you. They disagreed with the filing. Don't worry it will get fixed and theyll have to make the stupid cake. Thank goodness.

Why do you keep focking saying this? I thought we hashed this out yesterday? They didn't disagree with the "filing." That suggests a clerical error or typo on the complaint. They ruled that the Colorado commission that heard the complaint was biased. That's not clerical. I haven't heard that they plan on taking this back to that commission to start the process over again. I suspect they'll just be done with it. They're married and have pretty much destroyed a business due to bad publicity so there's not much to be gained at this point.

The butcher is capable of preparing the meat non- Kosher. What's the difference?

Nothing. Go ahead. Lead the charge.

I've personally never heard of a butcher refusing this though.

I think we can officially move cyclone into the beta b!tch category. Other than the fact that he voted for Trump there isn't a conservative thing about him, guy is a complete liberal whack job like the rest of them.

Yep. I could Bowl you down the street kid I'm such a beta. Don't be a bigger idiot on here than you normally are.

If a whack job they sang everyone can use a product that a business offers no matter who you are or what you are. Then I'm okay being a whack job. If you want to be a religious bigot by all means.

Nothing. Go ahead. Lead the charge.

I've personally never heard of a butcher refusing this though.

Order a reuben in a Jewish Deli. See what they tell you.

Lol, what are you talking about now? A business's structure has little to nothing to do with the rules they have to follow regarding things like discrimination when engaged in the public commerce stream. A sole proprietorship can't discriminate against protected-class customers any more than a C corporation.

BTW, the bakery is a "public accommodation" as defined in the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act. This is not even a point of contention in the case.

"No, I won't make this cake because you are gay." - not okay that's discimination

"No, I won't make this cake with two c0cks touching because it makes me uncomfortable." - okay

Get it?

Apparently false equivalencies don't matter though. :lol:

good for him. freak liberals, queers and the mentally deranged that basically represent less than 1% of population need their voice focking squashed. go be a freak in silence. their agenda is evil.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 6:43 PM, Fireballer said:

Colorado drops case:

https://coag.gov/press-room/press-releases/03-05-19

This guy just can't stop winning.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Strike said:

Colorado drops case:

https://coag.gov/press-room/press-releases/03-05-19

This guy just can't stop winning.

LOL, talk about passing the buck...

After careful consideration of the facts, both sides agreed it was not in anyone’s best interest to move forward with these cases. The larger constitutional issues might well be decided down the road, but these cases will not be the vehicle for resolving them. Equal justice for all will continue to be a core value that we will uphold as we enforce our state’s and nation’s civil rights laws.

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, talk about passing the buck...

After careful consideration of the facts, both sides agreed it was not in anyone’s best interest to move forward with these cases. The larger constitutional issues might well be decided down the road, but these cases will not be the vehicle for resolving them. Equal justice for all will continue to be a core value that we will uphold as we enforce our state’s and nation’s civil rights laws.

That's because he filed a civil suit against the state.  The state realizes there's a decent chance they lose if they pursue their case and, given the previous case was thrown out because the SCOTUS felt the state was biased/hostile towards him, he has a very good chance of winning significant damages against the state in his civil suit.  The risk/reward is simply not worth it for the state. 

29 minutes ago, Strike said:

That's because he filed a civil suit against the state.  The state realizes there's a decent chance they lose if they pursue their case and, given the previous case was thrown out because the SCOTUS felt the state was biased/hostile towards him, he has a very good chance of winning significant damages against the state in his civil suit. 

The risk/reward is simply not worth it for the state. 

What would the reward be for the state?

Just now, Baker Boy said:

What would the reward be for the state?

They want gays to be able to get a cake from any bakery they choose.  Did you really need me to spell that out?  :dunno:

43 minutes ago, Strike said:

They want gays to be able to get a cake from any bakery they choose.  Did you really need me to spell that out?  :dunno:

So their reward is forcing a private business to provide services that they don’t choose to provide?

Would they also force a Muslim baker to bake a cake in the image of Allah? 

The State’s reward is power and control over private business, that should be obvious.

Just now, Baker Boy said:

So their reward is forcing a private business to provide services that they don’t choose to provide?

Would they also force a Muslim baker to bake a cake in the image of Allah? 

The State’s reward is power and control over private business. 

While this may be the end result, it's wrong stating it is the goal or reward.  The state only initiated these actions after complaints were filed by other private citizens.  They were simply trying to enforce the law.  The law itself may have issues but given the state's hostility towards this defendant it will not be the case that determines that.