Sign in to follow this  
football_scooter

A homer's warning about the SF backfield

I've been saying for a while now that I thought Barlow would be the starter and Gore would get a significant number of carries resulting in RBBC..

Just listening to local sports radio, and this was somewhat confirmed by the Niners' beat writer.

Asked how the backfield is shaping up, he stated that Barlow is atop the depth chart as the starter. He expects Gore to get substantial work as he has a lot of talent, but Nolan and Turner have serious concerns about his workload considering he had offseason surgery on both shoulders, and he's already had both his knees repaired.

It was reported that Barlow's had a major attitude change, and that coaches & teammates believe he could win the job outright and see as many as 300+ carries behind a significantly improved line.

The gist of it is that RBBC is likely, but Barlow could win the gig outright. And if not, there's little chance of Gore winning the job because of concerns about his durability.

Mark your cheat sheets appropriately - Gore, IMO, is getting WAY too much love in fantasy circles this preseason, and is being drafted ahead of Barlow in nearly every draft I've seen. I think this is in error. Inside information seems to confirm this.

Good stuff. It makes me think that Barlow might be a nice grab in the middle of the draft. I love spare parts.

Also Scooter, you love all things LJ if I recall correctly. I've got pick #1 in a redraft, and a yet to be determined pick in a new keeper. I've got incurable manlove for LJ after the way he produced for me last year (7th round!) What do you make of recent events as they relate to him? My faith has yet to be shaken.

Couldn't you have done this AFTER my Gore trade offer to Clash of the Titans?

But seriously, as much as I love my Niners, I don't understand why so much hype in the fantasy world for the "worst team's" players.

Players like Gado and Cedrick Houston are not getting any attention here guys!

As a 9er fan. I can also say that Barlow always have a good attitude in TC. He's always in great shape. He's always doing what the coaches ask. Then he gets on the field asnd sucks. I have no inside information. But I do have hitory on my side. Baarlow will not be starting after our bye week.

With that said. It's also very possible Gore won't finish the season healthy. So As much as I like Gore. He might as well be named Fragile Frankie.

If you are to take a 9er RB. It should be Gore. He might not help your team until week 8. And it might be for only 2-4 weeks. Still better than Barlow. Barlow shouldn't be drafted just because he's the starter. He sucks. It would be like drafting Kordell Stewart because he's starting.

I might be in the minority, but Barlow has more ability than Gore. Does he have heart, probably not as much but Norv will make the SF RB productive.

Last I checked, a RB needs his shoulders...If barlow is there in the 9- 11th round...I might take the bait again.

4th or 5th RB on a fantasy squad

Also Scooter, you love all things LJ if I recall correctly. I've got pick #1 in a redraft, and a yet to be determined pick in a new keeper. I've got incurable manlove for LJ after the way he produced for me last year (7th round!) What do you make of recent events as they relate to him? My faith has yet to be shaken.

Off, topic, but looking at his #s in games Roaf missed last year when Padre was out, LJ was still a beast. IMO TGonz (and by association TGreen) will see reduction in stats - whereas LJ will continue to be a beast.

He is the clear cut #1 overall on my cheat sheet in every league format I am in, and I would not be shocked to see the vast majority of teams who select him with the #1 pick win their leagues this year. 2000+ and 30 TDs are well within the realm of possibility, and in PPR leagues, the screens will be icing on a very tasty cake.

As a 9er fan. I can also say that Barlow always have a good attitude in TC. He's always in great shape. He's always doing what the coaches ask. Then he gets on the field asnd sucks. I have no inside information. But I do have hitory on my side. Baarlow will not be starting after our bye week.

With that said. It's also very possible Gore won't finish the season healthy. So As much as I like Gore. He might as well be named Fragile Frankie.

If you are to take a 9er RB. It should be Gore. He might not help your team until week 8. And it might be for only 2-4 weeks. Still better than Barlow. Barlow shouldn't be drafted just because he's the starter. He sucks. It would be like drafting Kordell Stewart because he's starting.

Not only could I not disagree with you more, but I lose a lot of respect for people who isolate a player and blame them for their performance when the player was not in an situation where he could have possibly had success.

Barlow, when put in a position to succeed has excelled. The reason he received the contract he did was his 5 ypc average, coupled with a unique combo of power, elusiveness and speed. But of course, that was with a capable QB (Garcia) and receiving threats (Owens/Lloyd) along with a decent O-Line and above average D to keep them in games.

The last few years, Barlow has had no such opportunity.

And like others, I strongly disagree that Gore is a better back than Barlow. Power-wise, Gore is superior, but with his injury history, that style of running is not conducive to him getting more than 5-10 carries a game and staying healthy. The games he had more carries were the games he was injured (seperated both shoulders, two separate occasions). Coincedence? :huh:

Again, I'm not saying Barlow is the second coming, or that he'll be setting records any time soon, but he's really gotten a crappy deal the last 2 years - he was poised for a huge year when he became the starter but the team around him imploded.

You seem to be a victim of the very Gore hype that I referred to when starting this topic.

:lol:

I might be in the minority, but Barlow has more ability than Gore. Does he have heart, probably not as much but Norv will make the SF RB productive.

Last I checked, a RB needs his shoulders...If barlow is there in the 9- 11th round...I might take the bait again.

4th or 5th RB on a fantasy squad

:(

I also will take a shot in the 8th-9th as a #4 or flex back - especially in WCOFF format. PPR favors Barlow as he is an above average receiver. And on a team desperate for targets for ASmith, I think they'll count on Barlow a lot to make catches out of the backfield. He can be very dangerous in open space.

And I think all this talk of "heart" is misguided...Barlow isn't lazy and doesn't lack heart. Barlow ran behind the worst O-Line in football for a team that won nothing, coached by a lame duck Erickson, and had a D so bad that they constantly played from behind. "heart' shouldn't even be in the equasion, IMO.

Off, topic, but looking at his #s in games Roaf missed last year when Padre was out, LJ was still a beast.

Against the Raiders, Bills, and Texans. :huh:

Not only could I not disagree with you more, but I lose a lot of respect for people who isolate a player and blame them for their performance when the player was not in an situation where he could have possibly had success.

Barlow, when put in a position to succeed has excelled. The reason he received the contract he did was his 5 ypc average, coupled with a unique combo of power, elusiveness and speed. But of course, that was with a capable QB (Garcia) and receiving threats (Owens/Lloyd) along with a decent O-Line and above average D to keep them in games.

The last few years, Barlow has had no such opportunity.

And like others, I strongly disagree that Gore is a better back than Barlow. Power-wise, Gore is superior, but with his injury history, that style of running is not conducive to him getting more than 5-10 carries a game and staying healthy. The games he had more carries were the games he was injured (seperated both shoulders, two separate occasions). Coincedence? :huh:

Again, I'm not saying Barlow is the second coming, or that he'll be setting records any time soon, but he's really gotten a crappy deal the last 2 years - he was poised for a huge year when he became the starter but the team around him imploded.

You seem to be a victim of the very Gore hype that I referred to when starting this topic.

If you read my post I stated that Gore may only last 2-4 games after he's named the starter.

As for Barlow, last year he was in the better position than Gore. He had a healthy line to start the year. He had the more experienced QB in Rattay. Gore outgained Barlow last year on less carries. Not to mention when Gore wass given a chance he had a patch work offensive line and a struggling rookie QB. Barlow was put in a better situation than Gore and Gore succeeded.

Now for Gore's injuries, he put them off until after the season. He out rushed Barlow with 2 bad shoulders. So how does that ake Barlow better than Gore?

I've been saying for a while now that I thought Barlow would be the starter and Gore would get a significant number of carries resulting in RBBC..

Just listening to local sports radio, and this was somewhat confirmed by the Niners' beat writer.

Asked how the backfield is shaping up, he stated that Barlow is atop the depth chart as the starter. He expects Gore to get substantial work as he has a lot of talent, but Nolan and Turner have serious concerns about his workload considering he had offseason surgery on both shoulders, and he's already had both his knees repaired.

It was reported that Barlow's had a major attitude change, and that coaches & teammates believe he could win the job outright and see as many as 300+ carries behind a significantly improved line.

The gist of it is that RBBC is likely, but Barlow could win the gig outright. And if not, there's little chance of Gore winning the job because of concerns about his durability.

Mark your cheat sheets appropriately - Gore, IMO, is getting WAY too much love in fantasy circles this preseason, and is being drafted ahead of Barlow in nearly every draft I've seen. I think this is in error. Inside information seems to confirm this.

Scooter, Not to be stepping on you but Barlow have never had more than 250 carries in a single season. His average yard per carry have declined from 5.1, 3.4 to 3.3. There is no way in hell Barlow will get 300+ carries this season unless SF offense does a huge turn around. Both Gore & Barlow combined for only 303 total carries last year. Unless Gore falls to a season ending injury early in the season, there is no way, no how Mr. Barlow will get 300+ carries and become a top 15 back in this league.

The stats don't lie...

Gore averaged 4.8 yards per carry on 127 carries while

Barlow averaged 3.3 yards per carry on 176 carries.

It might be the other way around. Barlow might win the job early in the season only to lose it by week 4.

Barlow, when the Niners were good looked like the next Edgerrin James. When they sucked, he sucked.

I think Barlow is a very talented player, prolly a little more prototype size/speed than Gore. Gore has great cutback ability and looks like he can brak a long run like anyone.

I see RBBC with Gore being more in the 3rd down role, plus some carries in other downs.

60/40 split either way. Barlow will likely get the looks in the red area.

I will not get Barlowed again............I will not get Barlowed again............I will not get Barlowed again............ I will not get Barlowed again............I will not get Barlowed again............

Repeat as necessary.

At some point I believe that Gore will win the starting job. They have given Barlow every opportunity. Draft Gore and handcuff Barlow later in the draft.

At some point I believe that Gore will win the starting job. They have given Barlow every opportunity. Draft Gore and handcuff Barlow later in the draft.

I would not waste a pick on handcuffing Barlow.....JMO

Only if your roster goes 50+ deep w/o IDP.

Football Scooter... its nice to be back and hear that you have become somewhat congenial in this thread...

I could not agree with you more... the niners did implode with the loss of Garcia, Owens and Hearst and that Barlow has been the sad recipient of negative fantasy footballers hatred...

Now, if Alex Smith could get online along with V. Davis and A. Bryant as capable receivers and the additions at the oline to include Larry Allen, Barlow could have a very nice season

I didnt draft him and he went undrafted in our league but i still have him in the back of my mind on the WW...

yeah this just means pretty much stay away thi is the 49ers we are talking about.. So taking a risk on either one of these players is really not worth it. So Barlow gets 250+ carries at 3.7 ypc and 3 td's

Any member of the 49ers offense is a horrible fantasy option until they get a competent QB. Stay away from them all. :banana:

Scooter...its good to see you actually sharing honest information with the masses, as opposed to all that misinformation Im so used to seeing from you. :( Your take on the Green/Gonzalez situation with Roaf potentially retiring is brutally honest, which shocks me a bit because Id expect you to resist that notion for atleast a week, but on that subject, I am hearing that Roaf really isnt retiring......that he's likely just holding out and missing some ugly camp days. I think you may end up OK with those Chiefs afterall...........

oh, and ........

I will NEVER be Barlowed and Gored....

I will NEVER be Barlowed and Gored...

I will NEVER be Barlowed and Gored....

I will NEVER be Barlowed and Gored.....! :(

Football Scooter... its nice to be back and hear that you have become somewhat congenial in this thread...

I could not agree with you more... the niners did implode with the loss of Garcia, Owens and Hearst and that Barlow has been the sad recipient of negative fantasy footballers hatred...

Now, if Alex Smith could get online along with V. Davis and A. Bryant as capable receivers and the additions at the oline to include Larry Allen, Barlow could have a very nice season

I didnt draft him and he went undrafted in our league but i still have him in the back of my mind on the WW...

I couldn't agree with you more. The Niners running game this year will depend on the success of the passing game. Last year, the defense couldn't care any less about Alex Smith and his WR core of butterfingers, so all they did was watch where Fred Beasley was lead blocking and attack there.

Now with the addition of Vernon Davis and *cross fingers* Eric Johnson being healthy again. The TEs should be able to open up the offense a lot more and allow Gore and Barlow to attack and increase their YPC from last year.

If memory serves wasn't Gore the 3rd down back last year? Also I do believe runs on 3rd and long are easier than that on 1st and 10.

Having said that, Gore looked quicker to the hole and had better vision that Barlow but I also thought Barlow ran very hard last year. I actually think the RB spot is one of the few positions for SF with some talent. I think they have improved and I think Nolan will get it going but I think this year will be very up and down. I can see them being much improved and competitive but still not very good. A year from now I think we will see a decent team. If I had to chose one I'd go with Barlow, but I'd probably rather take a chance on someone else this year. Now next year I think whoever the RB is will have some good value.

Love the info and will certainly use it if any of my leagues lead me down that path.

If you read my post I stated that Gore may only last 2-4 games after he's named the starter.

As for Barlow, last year he was in the better position than Gore. He had a healthy line to start the year. He had the more experienced QB in Rattay. Gore outgained Barlow last year on less carries. Not to mention when Gore wass given a chance he had a patch work offensive line and a struggling rookie QB. Barlow was put in a better situation than Gore and Gore succeeded.

Now for Gore's injuries, he put them off until after the season. He out rushed Barlow with 2 bad shoulders. So how does that ake Barlow better than Gore?

You have your opinion, and I have mine. Rattay sucked eggs. Gore had a couple long runs - helped his average and total #s but they were in garbage time against 2nd string defenses.

You go on and blindly look at stats though...I watched the games and I'm telling you they both had crappy opportunity and neither was a blinding success. But pound for pound, Barlow is a better back and moreover he's healthier.

Barlow, when the Niners were good looked like the next Edgerrin James. When they sucked, he sucked.

I think Barlow is a very talented player, prolly a little more prototype size/speed than Gore. Gore has great cutback ability and looks like he can brak a long run like anyone.

I see RBBC with Gore being more in the 3rd down role, plus some carries in other downs.

60/40 split either way. Barlow will likely get the looks in the red area.

Exactly.

I couldn't agree with you more. The Niners running game this year will depend on the success of the passing game. Last year, the defense couldn't care any less about Alex Smith and his WR core of butterfingers, so all they did was watch where Fred Beasley was lead blocking and attack there.

Now with the addition of Vernon Davis and *cross fingers* Eric Johnson being healthy again. The TEs should be able to open up the offense a lot more and allow Gore and Barlow to attack and increase their YPC from last year.

Agreed.

If memory serves wasn't Gore the 3rd down back last year? Also I do believe runs on 3rd and long are easier than that on 1st and 10.

Barlow missed some time towards the end of the year and Gore served as the feature back. He outperformed Barlow.

Barlow missed some time towards the end of the year and Gore served as the feature back. He outperformed Barlow.

Barlow had his knee scoped. Gore came in played ok. Nothing spectacular.

And then we saw lots of Hicks, because Gore hurt both shoulders while "outperforming Barlow".

I would stay far away from both! Barlow is the better back if I had to choose..but I won`t choose unless it is very late in the RB pool.

Don't be fooled by Barlow again this year. Draft Gore with confidence. He may have had minor shoulder surgery in the offseason, but the guy is tough he played with those same bum shoulders last year and did well. Imagine how much better he'll be this year now that both his shoulders are 100%. I could even see Michael Robinson stepping up as the backup RB and Barlow being traded or buried on the bench.

Don't be fooled by Barlow again this year. Draft Gore with confidence. He may have had minor shoulder surgery in the offseason, but the guy is tough he played with those same bum shoulders last year and did well. Imagine how much better he'll be this year now that both his shoulders are 100%. I could even see Michael Robinson stepping up as the backup RB and Barlow being traded or buried on the bench.

:wall: :thumbsup:

Good thing we have fftoday so as not to let this original post mislead those savvy ff drafters, not that it would have anyway, but wanted to post this (below from fftoday per the AP) after having read the b.s. in this post yesterday.

Gore Impressive At 49ers Camp -- Tue Aug 1 8:41 pm --

RB Battling Kevan Barlow For Starting Spot

Frank Gore twitches his shoulders, and the sprinting safety can't ignore it. The defender bites on Gore's fake -- and the running back slips past him with ease, heading up-field for another training camp touchdown. Gore is putting on a show at the San Francisco 49ers' first workouts of the summer, repeatedly showing off an incredible athleticism tempered only by his injury history. His straight-ahead, low-to-the-ground running style thrills fans and excites the San Francisco coaches who hope they'll finally have a running game this season. Gore is in a heated competition with Kevan Barlow for the 49ers' starting job, and coach Mike Nolan doesn't have a favorite just yet. Barlow, a six-year veteran who has spent his entire career in San Francisco, isn't giving up his first-string spot without a fight -- and that's just what Gore wants. (AP)

AP reports that Frank Gore is wowing coaches and fans alike with his speed, athleticism and straight-ahead running. Head coach Mike Nolan is reportedly more pleased with Gore than Kevan Barlow at this stage as both are battling for the starting spot. Gore was more productive than Barlow last season, averaging 4.8 yards to Barlow's 3.3.

Gore has an extensive injury history, though. He had off-season surgeries on both shoulders and underwent ACL surgeries on both knees in college. Barlow also underwent knee surgery in the off-season.

Link

Good thing we have fftoday so as not to let this original post mislead those savvy ff drafters, not that it would have anyway, but wanted to post this (below from fftoday per the AP) after having read the b.s. in this post yesterday.

Gore Impressive At 49ers Camp -- Tue Aug 1 8:41 pm --

RB Battling Kevan Barlow For Starting Spot

Frank Gore twitches his shoulders, and the sprinting safety can't ignore it. The defender bites on Gore's fake -- and the running back slips past him with ease, heading up-field for another training camp touchdown. Gore is putting on a show at the San Francisco 49ers' first workouts of the summer, repeatedly showing off an incredible athleticism tempered only by his injury history. His straight-ahead, low-to-the-ground running style thrills fans and excites the San Francisco coaches who hope they'll finally have a running game this season. Gore is in a heated competition with Kevan Barlow for the 49ers' starting job, and coach Mike Nolan doesn't have a favorite just yet. Barlow, a six-year veteran who has spent his entire career in San Francisco, isn't giving up his first-string spot without a fight -- and that's just what Gore wants. (AP)

so your one blurb renders everything I said propaganda, eh? It's "BS" and I'm "misleading" people? Nice attitude - you'll go far in life being a tool.

The fact is that your article confirms my statenment that Barlow, not Gore is the current starter, despite what last season's depth chart indicates.

It's also a tip that you are using a vague statement to attempt to assert that the coaching staff either prefers Gore or that it counters what I said about Nolan & Turner's concerns. It doesn't - what they're saying is that they hope to have a running game. I too hope that they have a running game - with a RBBC backfield of Barlow, Gore & Hicks, they should.

The fact is that I didn't make up anything in the 1st post. If you're irritated because your diaper needs changing and you want to take it up with someone, call the Niners beat reporter who said it, or call KNBR, the station on which it was said.

But the fact remains that while Gore has a chance to get signifinant playing time according to Nolan & Turner, Gore will likely not be given the opportunity to get 20 or more carries a game because the coaches believe he cannot handle it physically. He's smaller and far more injury prone than Barlow.

Believe me - as a Niner fan I would like nothing more than for the hype Gore's getting to have substance. Only a complete moron would fail to recognize this - it's my team and I want them to do well. Ergo I want Gore to be the steal of the draft and rush for 2000 yards with 29 TDs. However it's simply not the case.

Again: irony. As a Niner fan telling people that Barlow would be terrible on an Erickson led team without Garcia or Owens, I caught all kinds of hell. He was a concensus top 14 pick. FFT had him 10th if memory serves. Yet I was the crazy one. Right.

Maybe that should afford me a little bit of cred when I tell you now that Barlow is the likely back you want on your fantasy team, if any. See, I also posted that I think it will be RBBC in SF, and a situation to probably avoid. But I guess people should disregard that too since I'm so misleading with everthing else.

For now you & I will simply have to agree to disagree. Meanwhile, try not to be a tool and imply that I was trying to mislead anyone. I posted what I believe from the information available to me. That day I happened to hear the writer on the radio, and I posted what was said. As mentioned - if you don't like it, take it up with him. As a fan, I say "Go Gore! He hits the hole hard and has a great 1st step..." but as a realist, I know that will happen on some 3rd down situations, or the occasional change of pace. If the line comes together and resists the injury bug, Barlow will produce this year., Gore will produce this year and when he plays Hicks will produce this year. Run oriented coach, run oriented HC, seems a natural that between them, the RBs on this team will get a lot of carries combined. Barlow will be the key recipient of that. It could go 60-40 split...but I seriously doubt that Gore will ever be "the man" on the 2006 49ers.

Again - a fan's opinion. If you don't agree that's fine but let's not go getting personal about it. :shocking:

We'll just have to see how this plays out. I drafted Gore as my RB4 in my first draft and feel confident with the selection. I've read nothing but positive things about Gore so far this offseason and am optimistic he'll have a chance to win the starting job. Whether or not it happens we'll have no clue until week 1 or shortly before, but I think he'll be given a legit chance to win the majority of carries in training camp and preseason.

Frank Gore has more talent in the whiskers he scrapes off his chin every morning than Kevin Barlow has in his entire body. Unfortunately, he has the glass constitution of Samuel L. Jackson's character in Unbreakable. Barlow couldn't even beat out a 30 something Garrison Hearst who missed two whole seasons with a knee injury. I'm shocked to find out that Barlow's best season (he still couldn't beat out a 32/33 yr old Hearst) was when he had a top 5 or 6 QB and the best WR in the league....one would hope so. Gore out performed Barlow hands down last year and he's only going to get better. I much rather take a latter round (say 8th or 9th) flier on Gore and stash him on my roster till he becomes the starter, than draft Barlow and watch him get 3.4 ypc.

so your one blurb renders everything I said propaganda, eh? It's "BS" and I'm "misleading" people? Nice attitude - you'll go far in life being a tool.

The fact is that your article confirms my statenment that Barlow, not Gore is the current starter, despite what last season's depth chart indicates.

It's also a tip that you are using a vague statement to attempt to assert that the coaching staff either prefers Gore or that it counters what I said about Nolan & Turner's concerns. It doesn't - what they're saying is that they hope to have a running game. I too hope that they have a running game - with a RBBC backfield of Barlow, Gore & Hicks, they should.

The fact is that I didn't make up anything in the 1st post. If you're irritated because your diaper needs changing and you want to take it up with someone, call the Niners beat reporter who said it, or call KNBR, the station on which it was said.

But the fact remains that while Gore has a chance to get signifinant playing time according to Nolan & Turner, Gore will likely not be given the opportunity to get 20 or more carries a game because the coaches believe he cannot handle it physically. He's smaller and far more injury prone than Barlow.

Believe me - as a Niner fan I would like nothing more than for the hype Gore's getting to have substance. Only a complete moron would fail to recognize this - it's my team and I want them to do well. Ergo I want Gore to be the steal of the draft and rush for 2000 yards with 29 TDs. However it's simply not the case.

Again: irony. As a Niner fan telling people that Barlow would be terrible on an Erickson led team without Garcia or Owens, I caught all kinds of hell. He was a concensus top 14 pick. FFT had him 10th if memory serves. Yet I was the crazy one. Right.

Maybe that should afford me a little bit of cred when I tell you now that Barlow is the likely back you want on your fantasy team, if any. See, I also posted that I think it will be RBBC in SF, and a situation to probably avoid. But I guess people should disregard that too since I'm so misleading with everthing else.

For now you & I will simply have to agree to disagree. Meanwhile, try not to be a tool and imply that I was trying to mislead anyone. I posted what I believe from the information available to me. That day I happened to hear the writer on the radio, and I posted what was said. As mentioned - if you don't like it, take it up with him. As a fan, I say "Go Gore! He hits the hole hard and has a great 1st step..." but as a realist, I know that will happen on some 3rd down situations, or the occasional change of pace. If the line comes together and resists the injury bug, Barlow will produce this year., Gore will produce this year and when he plays Hicks will produce this year. Run oriented coach, run oriented HC, seems a natural that between them, the RBs on this team will get a lot of carries combined. Barlow will be the key recipient of that. It could go 60-40 split...but I seriously doubt that Gore will ever be "the man" on the 2006 49ers.

Again - a fan's opinion. If you don't agree that's fine but let's not go getting personal about it. :first:

Not sure why you took it personally. I didn't mention anything about you personally. I only commented on my opinion regarding Frank Gore's potential and backed it up with a quote. The quote I used happens to be from the 49ers coaching staff, not some writer. If you believe everything the writers and sports talk guys say, you'll only have half-truths to base your opinions and ff decisions on. But now YOU have made it personal. Calling me names; c'mon. The way you react to things is so childish, maybe you're only 12 years old, or your growth was stunted at age 12, both socially and emotionally; well maybe more like 6 years old, emotionally. I thought the powers that be told you not to attack people, individually. People with comments like yours makes this site less than what it is and can be. :clap:

Not sure why you took it personally.

Gee, maybe it's because you called my post BS and inferred that I was misleading people.

Other than that you're just a run of the mill assclown for the latest round of insulting comments. So i believe everything I hear, eh? That's why I have the opinion I do? You know, I've been going out of my way to be nice to people for a long while around here but I have no qualms whatsoever about telling you to go fock yourself. :thumbsdown:

Gee, maybe it's because you called my post BS and inferred that I was misleading people.

Other than that you're just a run of the mill assclown for the latest round of insulting comments. So i believe everything I hear, eh? That's why I have the opinion I do? You know, I've been going out of my way to be nice to people for a long while around here but I have no qualms whatsoever about telling you to go fock yourself. :wall:

Scooter! Find the nearest phone and call your sponsor! :wall:

Quite funny actually.

On Topic:

Both are no more than a #4 even if they win the job. Both are #5s even if they lose the job.

To whoever said that Gore isnt as talented as Barlow, I offer the possibility that Gore w/out injuries gets drafted #1 RB the past 3 years. (OK maybe just after Bush, Brown, Caddy, Benson but you get my point)

Scooter! Find the nearest phone and call your sponsor! :cry:

Quite funny actually.

Hi, my name is Scooter and I'm a doochbag. (hi, Scooter [applause])

:P

On Topic:

Both are no more than a #4 even if they win the job. Both are #5s even if they lose the job.

To whoever said that Gore isnt as talented as Barlow, I offer the possibility that Gore w/out injuries gets drafted #1 RB the past 3 years. (OK maybe just after Bush, Brown, Caddy, Benson but you get my point)

Agreed and agreed. But it brings to mind the old addage, "and if my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle." - fact is that Gore has been hurt constantly since college. 4 operations - one for each knee and one for each shoulder. Having long suffered from a shoulder injury (HS football) I can say with confidence that even after surgury it's never the same - like opening a jar of pickles. Once you hear the "whoosh" of the seal being broken, you can never turn back. This alone is good reason to not expect Gore to get a heavy workload, despite his being a tremendous talent. There's a big reason Hicks is still on the team. If Barlow goes down, it will still be RBBC, with Hicks taking on a large role. Surprised no one's talking about him at all - he showed flashes of talent when given the opportunity. He is like Gore - hits the hole hard & fast and has a great 1st cut. Most homers I know love this kid.

It is unlikely that anyone really wins the job, regardless of who is listed as the starter, neither will get more than 60% of the carries. That's my homer opinion. As a fantasy manager I truly wish it were otherwise, as the Niners have done a tremendous job or rebuilding the O-Line. But as a fan I'll be thrilled if they can effectively move the chains with a RBBC. Move the chains guys, move the chains. That's all I ask.