Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Barry Bonds is now the biggest joke in MLB.

Bonds will turn it around, he is the one of the best players ever and will get it going soon...

Sometimes you just get a bad batch of Dianabol. He'll work it out.

And MLB is better than the NFL.

Good to see that someone else understands...

:clap:

Good to see that someone else understands...

:first:

I can see saying baseball>football, but the NFL is by far the better run league. It's barely even debatable, IMO.

My point is that if Barry was white, the venom spewed against him during the homerun chase would be cut in half.

I'd argue that venom would be tripled. In today's society, some people are scared to ever accuse wrongdoing on anyone of another race due to the race card being played. And, of course, we see black people doing so, with a very recent example being the insane Congressman from Georgia this week.

If Bonds were white, all races would feel free to blast him with no ramifications.

Also, I believe political correctness is the devil.

I don't know a darn thing about baseball, but I heard that changes to SF Giants lineup this year will likely mean that pitchers will be more willing to walk Bonds than before because whoever bats behind him isn't as good as whoever batted behind him in past years.

Is that right?

I don't know a darn thing about baseball, but I heard that changes to SF Giants lineup this year will likely mean that pitchers will be more willing to walk Bonds than before because whoever bats behind him isn't as good as whoever batted behind him in past years.

Is that right?

Almost.

They won't pitch to him very often because he consumes enormous amounts of steroids and growth hormone.

Of all people in sports, Barry Bonds is second only to Iverson and perhaps TO with regard to hate earned... :D

why lump iverson with these 2 clowns? iverson never cheated in basketball or isnt the destructive, me first psychopath that TO is.

all he ever did was play lights out each and every night.

oh i forgot, iverson has <gasp> cornrows and <gasp> tattoos. god forbid :banana:

Is that right?

A local sports talk show was speculating that it would be greta if his opponents just walked him virtually every time he came to the plate, other than say tie score bottom of the ninth bases loaded. He'd have maybe 17 official ABs, 1-2 HRs for the year.

Guest Mr.T
The new term the politicians representing people of this color use is "Chocolate".

Dark chocolate? White chocolate? Details, man!

Also, Iverson came across as a punk earlier in his career but IMO has fairly matured. At least it sure seems that way to me. If I owned a basketball team I'd be more than happy to take him.

Almost.

They won't pitch to him very often because he consumes enormous amounts of steroids and growth hormone.

:thumbsup:

why lump iverson with these 2 clowns? iverson never cheated in basketball or isnt the destructive, me first psychopath that TO is.

all he ever did was play lights out each and every night.

oh i forgot, iverson has <gasp> cornrows and <gasp> tattoos. god forbid :banana:

And put out a rap album about beating women and shooting peolpe. He's a great guy, really. :first:

Dammit, the rollseyes smilie is the suck. :clap:

A local sports talk show was speculating that it would be greta if his opponents just walked him virtually every time he came to the plate, other than say tie score bottom of the ninth bases loaded. He'd have maybe 17 official ABs, 1-2 HRs for the year.

I'd go along with this. Pitchers could also aim each pitch at his knee while they're at it.

Can anyone remember an athlete who was more widely hated than Bonds?

I mean, there have been guys that are hated by certain fans of certain teams because of rivalries (Eagles fans/ M. Irvin, for example) and guys who are are disliked because of them being assclowns (Owens, Moss, Kobe, ect), but I have never in all my life rooted for a guy to blow out his knee or get shot.

Are there any other athletes who's lack of popularity even comes close?

I mean, there have been guys that are hated by certain fans of certain teams because of rivalries (Eagles fans/ M. Irvin, for example) and guys who are are disliked because of them being assclowns (Owens, Moss, Kobe, ect), but I have never in all my life rooted for a guy to blow out his knee or get shot.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Bill Laimbeer

Ralph Samson after he attacked Jerry Sichting

The Iron Sheik :cry:

Do I dislike the guy? Yes

Do I want the guy to be eaten by a shark? No

I :cry: at the people here who want to see the guy die. He probably is a liar and a cheater, but damn you people sure take sports too seriously.

Do I dislike the guy? Yes

Do I want the guy to be eaten by a shark? No

I :cry: at the people here who want to see the guy die. He probably is a liar and a cheater, but damn you people sure take sports too seriously.

because newbie has seen 30 people hate barry on a messageboard, he thinks people want him to die.

he has no idea how Hank Aaron when he was going to break Babe Ruth's record, was hated 10 times more than Barry Bonds is right now. The bleach from his frosted tips has made him think silly.

he thinks nothing mattered before the year 1995, nothing counts. He knows all, he is a sports god.

Tonya Harding.

because newbie has seen 30 people hate barry on a messageboard, he thinks people want him to die.

he has no idea how Hank Aaron when he was going to break Babe Ruth's record, was hated 10 times more than Barry Bonds is right now. The bleach from his frosted tips has made him think silly.

he thinks nothing mattered before the year 1995, nothing counts. He knows all, he is a sports god.

Dude, I watched Aaron break Ruth's record. I have vitamins at home in my cabinet that are older than you.

Where are you getting that 1995 thing?

And Kareem Abdul- Jabbar? WTF are you talking about? There might be a regional hatred toward him from your perspective because of teh Celtics/Lakers rivalry, but he's not generally hated at all.

No one hated Hank Aaron. There was a white-supremist way of thinking back then, and a handful of idiots would send him hate mail when he was threatebning the record, but it was not personal. It was white people threatening a black person. Period. It could have been any black guy. Bonds is hated both personally and because he's going to break a record.

I think George Carlin may actually be dumber than Edjr. I would have never guessed it ws possible.

I have vitamins at home in my cabinet that are older than you.

You should throw them away. They're expired by now. HTH

:bandana: :cry: :lol: :doh:

he got NO hatemail, ZERO. :cry:

Why did they hate him?

You apparently feel it was a trophy-winning comeback. Please explain. I'm intrigued......

what difference does it make WHY they hated him? You asked who was the most hated athlete.

Aaron was hated.

Jackie Robinson was too. Way more so than Bonds.

No homeruns and 0.143 ??? How many games has Bonds played?

Starting to look like a steriod withdrawl slump.

No homeruns and 0.143 ??? How many games has Bonds played?

Starting to look like a steriod withdrawl slump.

Only three games. Not a very big measuring stick, but I'm loving what I see, so far.

what difference does it make WHY they hated him? You asked who was the most hated athlete.

Aaron was hated.

OWNED! :bandana:

Aaron was hated.

Aaron was very much hated by a small percentage of narrow-minded people. I would guess that less than 25% of Americans had a problem with Aaron. (i could be wrong..i was a child). I'm sure that those 25% were zealots who made his life miserable, though.

If there was a poll, I bet that 75% of baseball fans either hate or dislike Bonds.

Robinson is a good choice. I'm sure he was very much hated.

Is this a trick question?

I'm going with 3? :bandana:

No, I really don't know. Something like 152 or so? :doh:

How many games are in a regular season of baseball?

I think they're going to play 162 games this year. Why?