Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Barry Bonds is now the biggest joke in MLB.

I think they're going to play 162 games this year. Why?

He was trying to say to you.

"they've only played 3 games, let me know how Bonds did after they've played 162"

162 !?!?!? Good lord. Isn't that a bit much?

Tell me about it. I used to get burnt out after about 20 games into our beer-league softball schedule.

Tell me about it. I used to get burnt out after about 20 games into our beer-league softball schedule.

You have vitamins older than me,, you must be what? 45? 50?

He was trying to say to you.

"they've only played 3 gamed, let me know how Bonds did after they've played 162"

Oh. Why would he be saying that?

I know he's not going to bat .143 with 0 home runs on the year.

I'm saying that every game that's played where he sucks, brings me joy.

I know full well that he could go 4-4 with 3 homers tonight. Then I'll be sad.

You have vitamins older than me,, you must be what? 45? 50?

Not quite THAT old, but I garantee that you were in diapers when I was tearing up little league pitching. :ninja:

No.

Personally I think baseball should have a 200+ game schedule or play year round...

It is the best sport on the planet.

No.

Personally I think baseball should have a 200+ game schedule or play year round...

Shocking, coming from you. :ninja:

Oh. Why would he be saying that?

I know he's not going to bat .143 with 0 home runs on the year.

I'm saying that every game that's played where he sucks, brings me joy.

I know full well that he could go 4-4 with 3 homers tonight. Then I'll be sad.

Not quite THAT old, but I garantee that you were in diapers when I was tearing up little league pitching. :(

I'm 33. soon (june) to be 34 :ninja:

:ninja:

oh yes...i can't believe when they were playing 142 games someone actually thought it'd be good idea to add 20 more games. :ninja:

oh yes...i can't believe when they were playing 142 games someone actually thought it'd be good idea to add 20 more games. :ninja:

They played 154 for the longest time, they went to 162 so Maris could break Ruth's 60.

They played 154 for the longest time, they went to 162 so Maris could break Ruth's 60.

Actually they increased the amount of games because of expansion...

If it were up to me, McGuire, Sosa, and Bonds' single season home run marks would all be erased. That's a white, a latin, and a black.

A latin. :(

NewbieJr.: are you my grandpa??? :ninja:

A latin. :D

NewbieJr.: are you my grandpa??? <_<

Perhaps, sonnyboy. ;)

What is the politically correct word for a mexican/cuban/spanish guy when you're not exactly sure what he is?

Perhaps, sonnyboy. <_<

What is the politically correct word for a mexican/cuban/spanish guy when you're not exactly sure what he is?

wetback

Big game for Bonds. 1 for 3 and he raises his average forty points.

Still no homers. :cheers:

Wow. There's a lot of buzz that this may be more than just a slow start.

I heard on ESPN radio this morning that there's talk around the league that Bonds actually looks like a guy who is soon to be 42 years old. He no longer is able to catch up to the down and away heat.

Still a little early to tell if it's just a slump or the beginning of a huge decline in skills, but it looks like one thing is clear....God hates cheaters. :banana:

Wow. There's a lot of buzz that this may be more than just a slow start.

I heard on ESPN radio this morning that there's talk around the league that Bonds actually looks like a guy who is soon to be 42 years old. He no longer is able to catch up to the down and away heat.

Still a little early to tell if it's just a slump or the beginning of a huge decline in skills, but it looks like one thing is clear....God hates cheaters. :mad:

Well if you heard it on ESPN radio then it must be true. :banana:

If the "buzz" is he can't catch up to the heat, then why won't anybody still pitch to him? Hence being walked 7 times in 20 AB's. :mad:

BTW, the Giants are 4-2.

Well if you heard it on ESPN radio then it must be true. <_<

If the "buzz" is he can't catch up to the heat, then why won't anybody still pitch to him? Hence being walked 7 times in 20 AB's. :huh:

BTW, the Giants are 4-2.

I hate Bonds, not the Giants.

I could care less if they finish 162-0.

Still has a .500 OBP...

The problem with that is, his weight and knees have made him a liability on the fireld. He can also no longer steal bases.

He is being paid big money for one reason- to hit homers and be a feared clean-up hitter.. He's not getting paid to draw walks. That was a great added bonus when he was hitting home runs and driving in runs.

Besides that, you'll be seeing less and less walks if and when pitchers start realizing that he's nothing to fear anymore. Many of his walks are due to the numbers he was putting up when he was all juiced up.

I also heard his head has shrunk 2 sizes to a 14, can anybody confirm this? :lol:

The problem with that is, his weight and knees have made him a liability on the fireld. He can also no longer steal bases.

He is being paid big money for one reason- to hit homers and be a feared clean-up hitter.. He's not getting paid to draw walks. That was a great added bonus when he was hitting home runs and driving in runs.

Besides that, you'll be seeing less and less walks if and when pitchers start realizing that he's nothing to fear anymore. Many of his walks are due to the numbers he was putting up when he was all juiced up.

Don't worry. When he's the DH for the Yankees next season, he'll break the record. Just to piss off racists like yourself.

Don't worry. When he's the DH for the Yankees next season, he'll break the record. Just to piss off racists like yourself.

I am racist. You finally figured me out.

It means very much to me that my white brother Henry Aaron hold onto the record.

1 for 4 with a single! More importantly, RBI number 1.

Who says you need steroids to be a big time player?

1 for 4 with a single! More importantly, RBI number 1.

Who says you need steroids to be a big time player?

He hit 3 fly balls that would have been home runs last year. :shocking:

He hit 3 fly balls that would have been home runs last year. :shocking:

Exactly.

Exactly.

I wouldn't say it's because of steroids, he went on a tear the last 2 weeks of the season last year. Don't you worry, his timing will come back and he'll start jacking balls out of the park.

I wouldn't say it's because of steroids, he went on a tear the last 2 weeks of the season last year. Don't you worry, his timing will come back and he'll start jacking balls out of the park.

No doubt. He was a decent power hitter before he took the roids and growth hormones. He was still good for 30-35 HRs a year.

Taking his age into consideration, I'd say he'll end up with 25-30 if he can stay healthy.

No doubt. He was a decent power hitter before he took the roids and growth hormones. He was still good for 30-35 HRs a year.

Taking his age into consideration, I'd say he'll end up with 25-30 if he can stay healthy.

He's already missed 3 games, so at this pace he'll play abou 100 games. I'd pencil him in for about 25 to 30 as well. Assuming of course, he doesn't get more seriously injured. I am totally expecting him to DH for an american league team next year.

Not skin color, just wrong era. I hate seeing the oldest of old records fall.

Does anyone know for a fact Hank Aaron didn't do roids? Of course not. I'm going to have to say he did.