Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Barry Bonds is now the biggest joke in MLB.

Does anyone know for a fact Hank Aaron didn't do roids? Of course not. I'm going to have to say he did.

I agree. Just look at his head size.

Another hitless game for Bonds.

Bonds is now hitting .174.

He has zero home runs.

He has only one RBI.

He hasn't had more than one hit in a game all year.

Wow.

He has zero home runs.

He has only one RBI.

Wow.

you're a racist for hating an a-hole, since he's black and all. :thumbsup:

you're a racist for hating an a-hole, since he's black and all. :banana:

I actually hate him a lot less, now that he sucks.

He has zero home runs.

He has only one RBI.

Wow.

The longer he keeps suckin, the harder it's going to be to come out of the slump. And the pressure will start mounting and the media will be all over him.

This actually makes baseball intersting. :banana:

When does he come to Philly this year. I would love to throw some syringes strapped to batteries at his giant head.

The longer he keeps suckin, the harder it's going to be to come out of the slump. And the pressure will start mounting and the media will be all over him.

This actually makes baseball intersting. :unsure:

That's so true.

First thing I do when I get up in the morning...Go to ESPN.com and check to see if Oakland won and how Bonds did.

It won't be near as fun if he starts hitting again. :banana:

Manny Ramirez isn't hitting either.

Could you please stop being racist, and tell us about all the players that aren't hitting.

TIA

Here's a few more...

M. Matheny

L. Niekro

M. Giles

R. Aurilia

N. Pérez

P. Feliz

S. Finley

R. Durham

R. Clayton

He is destined to go off this week because I play against him in 2 different fantasy leagues. <_<

Here's a few more...

M. Matheny

L. Niekro

M. Giles

R. Aurilia

N. Pérez

P. Feliz

S. Finley

R. Durham

R. Clayton

Cliff Floyd couldn't get a hit off his own grandmother (his words).

He is destined to go off this week because I play against him in 2 different fantasy leagues. :wub:

I played against him last week. :huh: 8-1-0. Won runs and RBI by 2 each. Thanks Barry! <_<

On a recent talk show, it was discussed that doctors believe there is a possibility that roid users actually have sharper focus and vivsion.

Sucks trying to hit a 90 mph bb without any help.

Here's a few more...

M. Matheny

L. Niekro

M. Giles

R. Aurilia

N. Pérez

P. Feliz

S. Finley

R. Durham

R. Clayton

I hate you. :lol:

Well played. :bench:

Updates? :huh:

I have to check the average. It may actually have gone up a hair. He still doesn't have a multiple hit game all year. And no homers, of course. :first:

I haven't read the whole thread, but if it wasn't mentioned before, he was hitting a ton in spring training.

So he was on roids then but stopped once the regular season started? :D

The one thing he's got going for him is that if he played for the Royals, he'd actually be helping the team with those kinds of numbers.

If you honestly think he's off steroids, you're crazy. They still aren't testing for Human Growth Hormon, which is considered to be a lot more common than roids. If he was on it before, I can't imagine that he's off now, unless he stopped because "their illegal now" or because he's so much in the public eye.

I guess I might buy that he doesn't want to chance getting caught with a paper trail now, but again, they still aren't testing for HGH.

I will say, though, when hit that really long double the other night (off the top of the fence), I couldn't help but think that he'd probably like that extra little pop that some cream might have given him. :D

04/19/2006 8:43 PM ET

Bonds fined for apparel violation

Slugger will appeal decision regarding his wristbands

PHOENIX -- Major League Baseball fined Barry Bonds $5,000 on Wednesday because of an apparel infraction regarding the size and design of the logo on his wristbands.

The Giants slugger was notified about the fine in a letter from Bob Watson, MLB's vice president of on-field operations, which he received via overnight mail upon his arrival in the Giants clubhouse at Chase Field several hours prior to Wednesday night's game against the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Bonds said that the logo complied with an earlier edict from MLB and that he would file a grievance with the Players Association Thursday to try to reverse the decision.

"My wristbands have already been changed and they're the exact wristbands I wore in 2004 and 2005," Bonds told MLB.com. "They're exactly the same. They can't come after me now if they didn't come after me in 2004. The wristband hasn't changed since 2004, so this can't be right."

Watson, when reached by telephone Wednesday evening, said he had already spoken to Bonds and would not comment on the matter because the issue was in the process of being appealed.

In question are black wristbands Bonds has been wearing that he said his apparel company designed to baseball's specifications.

Watson asked Bonds to send his office one of the wristbands, plus pictures of Bonds wearing similar wristbands in 2004 and 2005.

Watson said Bonds would be fined an additional $5,000 for each game he plays wearing the wristbands.

Bonds, who was not in the starting lineup Wednesday night for the third time in the team's first 14 games, said he would wear the wristbands inside out until the issue was resolved.

0-2 last night.

If he doesn't homer in the thin Colorado air this weekend, he just may retire.

1 HR, batting .226 THANK YOU

The sad thing is, Bonds' fans have been waiting four weeks to finally be able to post in this thread, and 1 HR and .226 is all that they can do. :doublethumbsup:

On a recent talk show, it was discussed that doctors believe there is a possibility that roid users actually have sharper focus and vivsion.

Sucks trying to hit a 90 mph bb without any help.

On an unnamed show it was discussed that there's a possibility that steroids sharpen focus & vision. Well, that's pretty damning information. :doublethumbsup:

Besides, Bonds hit plenty of 90 mph fastballs long before steroids. What he didn't do was hit low and away pitches 450 feet.

He was the best player of his era before he started hitting HR's at an alarming pace. All the folks that believe that roids tell the whole story might want to take note of how often knowledgable baseball managers are still intentionally walking the guy.

Want to bet today on whether or not he hits 30+ HR despite his wretched start?

The sad thing is, Bonds' fans have been waiting four weeks to finally be able to post in this thread, and 1 HR and .226 is all that they can do. :ninja:

Not just a Barry Bonds fan, a GIANTS fan, and its good to see him contribute to the team. Personally, I wouldn't give a damn if Barry retires without any records, or even get banned from baseball if the Giants win the World Series.

I am not a fan of Bonds, but nobody is worse than Raffy.

"I have never used steriods, period"...."I can't say it anymore more clearer than that....never"

On an unnamed show it was discussed that there's a possibility that steroids sharpen focus & vision. Well, that's pretty damning information. :D

Besides, Bonds hit plenty of 90 mph fastballs long before steroids. What he didn't do was hit low and away pitches 450 feet.

He was the best player of his era before he started hitting HR's at an alarming pace. All the folks that believe that roids tell the whole story might want to take note of how often knowledgable baseball managers are still intentionally walking the guy.

Want to bet today on whether or not he hits 30+ HR despite his wretched start?

best player of his era? only if griffey jr isn't considered to have played in the same area

Yaaaay Barry hit one! I think we need to have a series of Sportscenter segments on it over the next week or two. Maybe a two-hour ep of Bonds on Bonds.

best player of his era? only if griffey jr isn't considered to have played in the same area

Griffey Jr is a terrific player, but the discussion really isn't even that close.

Bonds career: .300 BA, .442 OBP, .611 SLG, 493 SB, 708 HR

Griffey career: .293 BA, .377 OBP, .561 SLG, 178 SB, 536 HR

In his 17 year career, Griffey has played fewer than 115 games 6 tmes; Bonds twice. Griffey hit .300 8 times, Bonds 11. Bonds has 8 Gold Gloves & is a 7 x MVP. In a remarkable 15 year span, he finished below 5th in MVP voting 3 times. Griffey has 10 Gold Gloves, 1 MVP, and has finished 5th or better in the voting 5 times in 17 years.

For sake of the steroid argument and to look at both players first 17 years, Bonds #'s are still superior:

.295 BA, .425 OBP, .600 Slg, 493 SB, 613 HR

I am not a fan of Bonds, but nobody is worse than Raffy.

"I have never used steriods, period"...."I can't say it anymore more clearer than that....never"

This guy knows what he's talking about. I wish Raffy would come back to the yard one more time so me and the other 4,000 fans can let him know how we feel.

Yaaaay Barry hit one! I think we need to have a series of Sportscenter segments on it over the next week or two. Maybe a two-hour ep of Bonds on Bonds.

What a focking joke it has become. Yesterday there were NBA playoffs and NHL playoffs. I turn on ESPN News and they have Bonds hits 709th HR in "Breaking News".(???) WTF? I wonder if "Bonds on Bonds" has anything to do with this?

I noticed that the homer was to left field.

I couldn't tell if he "went with the pitch" or just got around late on it.

It seems that his home runs during his steroids days were almost always to right field.

Griffey Jr is a terrific player, but the discussion really isn't even that close.

Bonds career: .300 BA, .442 OBP, .611 SLG, 493 SB, 708 HR

Griffey career: .293 BA, .377 OBP, .561 SLG, 178 SB, 536 HR

In his 17 year career, Griffey has played fewer than 115 games 6 tmes; Bonds twice. Griffey hit .300 8 times, Bonds 11. Bonds has 8 Gold Gloves & is a 7 x MVP. In a remarkable 15 year span, he finished below 5th in MVP voting 3 times. Griffey has 10 Gold Gloves, 1 MVP, and has finished 5th or better in the voting 5 times in 17 years.

For sake of the steroid argument and to look at both players first 17 years, Bonds #'s are still superior:

.295 BA, .425 OBP, .600 Slg, 493 SB, 613 HR

Bonds got ROBBED of another MVP when it was given to Terry Focking Pendelton :first: