Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Honeymoon Destinations

Well, I'm getting married in October and my job is the honeymoon. I've been looking around the net and asking a few friends about where to go, all-inclusive or not, ect. We want to go somewhere in the Caribbean for 8 days / 7 nights. We thought of Hawaii, but my brother just went there for his honeymoon and her best friend did as well, so we want to switch it up. Europe is prolly out of the budget, and we want a warm weather destination, so Aspen or something like that is not in the mix. We are looking mostly for a pampered get-a-way vacation, but also want a little nightlife, watersports, scuba/snorkeling, hiking ect.

Has anyone stayed at a Sandals resorts and how was it? Which one?

Any suggestions or recommendations would help. Thanks! :pointstosky:

and before you ask........34B.

Don't discount Hawaii just b/c you know others who have done it. Hawaii is awesome and completely BLOWS AWAY the Carribbean.

Have you considered a cruise?

Have you looked at a cruise? We did the Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica) for a vacation (Hawaii was the honeymoon). We had a great time. A little bit of everything.

The only challenges to the Caribbean at that time is the weather. You may want to get the trip insurance because that is hurricane season.

You don't wanna go to Hawaii because others in your family have gone? :rolleyes: So what? Go, have the time of your life. :D

haiti is excellent this time of year, you might feel stifled unless you get eth air conditioned hazmat suit :D

You don't wanna go to Hawaii because others in your family have gone? :wacko: So what? Go, have the time of your life. :D

My brother, her best friend, and about 2/3's of everybody else I know. We thought we would do something different, but thanks for the input. :rolleyes:

Detroit is nice in the fall :D

KSB...where do you live?

I ask b/c this may make a difference. If you lived on the west coast something like Hawaii may not be a greta idea for you...b/c it is fairly inexpensive (relatively speaking) to get there from the west coast. On the other hand, if you live on the east coast, this may be your one chance for you and your wife to go to Hawaii, whereas a trip to the Carribbean might not be so unique.

It's your honeymoon...try to go somewhere special...somewhere that you may not get another chance to go to for a long time (if ever.)

My brother, her best friend, and about 2/3's of everybody else I know. We thought we would do something different, but thanks for the input. :rolleyes:

Again, who cares if others you know went? You are going for you two, no one else. I just don't get it I guess......

:D

KSB...where do you live?

I ask b/c this may make a difference. If you lived on the west coast something like Hawaii may not be a greta idea for you...b/c it is fairly inexpensive (relatively speaking) to get there from the west coast. On the other hand, if you live on the east coast, this may be your one chance for you and your wife to go to Hawaii, whereas a trip to the Carribbean might not be so unique.

It's your honeymoon...try to go somewhere special...somewhere that you may not get another chance to go to for a long time (if ever.)

East Coast......It looks like Hawaii may be the best place, but I would like to stay under 5K. We are paying for alot of the wedding as well so money is an issue. I have not researched Hawaii as much but may give it a second look now. Not sure if 5K will do it. Was it an all-inclusive resort type thing?

Thanks!

Do an all inclusive place, whatever you do.

Not for everyone.

Here's where we stayed. Very reasonable in the off-season.

East Coast......It looks like Hawaii may be the best place, but I would like to stay under 5K. We are paying for alot of the Wedding as well so money is an issue. I have not researched Hawaii as much but may give it a second look now. Not sure if 5K will do it. Was it an all-inclusive resort type thing?

Thanks!

When we went to Hawii for our honeymoon we did 10 days. Half in Maui and half in Kauai. My advice is to do Maui first, then Kauai b/c Maui is the touristy place, whereas Kauai is more the relaxing place.

We stayed at the Hyatt on both islands. The Hyatt on Maui was really nice. The Hyatt on Kauai was the phattest place I have EVAH stayed (and my mom's a travel agent, so I've stayed at some cool palces.)

They were not all-inclusives, but we did do the breakfast meal plan. The Hyatts have one of the best breakfast buffets you will EVAH eat at.

We flew 1st class (which was HUGE b/c the flight is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG), but my mom got us the upgrades for free.

I think the whole trip cost around $7K, but Mrs. DaveBG's grandfather picked up the tab...it was our present from him.

If you are serious about booking it through a travel agent, then send me an email and I will put you in contact w/my mom. She probably won't be able to save you any money, but she'll make sure you stay at nice places while staying within your budget.

The flight to Hawaii is a mother from California (like 6 hours). From the East Coast, I wouldn't even consider it unless you went first class. A cruise through the Carribean could be the ticket. Mexico is also very doable and fun. We did Cozumel which is one of the best dive/snorkel destinations in the world. We stayed at the Stoffer Del Presidente, which is first rate. Cancun is a great place if you are young and want to party.

We are doing western carribean June 11th for a 7 day cruise

belize

cozumel

costa maya

grand caymans

should be good times :first:

Not for everyone.

Here's where we stayed. Very reasonable in the off-season.

True, but on a honeymoon I think you want all inclusive. You just worried for months about the wedding, now you don't want to worry 'bout nothing.

Make sure to check out Riu Palace Cabo

We are doing western carribean June 11th for a 7 day cruise

belize

cozumel

costa maya

grand caymans

should be good times :first:

I was supposed to go there on my cruise last July. They diverted us to Eastern Carribbean b/c of hurricanes.

I was supposed to go there on my cruise last July. They diverted us to Eastern Carribbean b/c of hurricanes.

Think we should be ok in early june

We have a reff Dive and snokerl planned

caevtubing in belize

some cattermanran thing somewhere else , and one day of just relaxing on the beach

St. Lucia - Sandals Regency -@ La toc

http://www.sandals.com/main/lucia/lu-home.cfm

Free Snorkling

Free Scuba lessons/scuba dives

3 or 4 decent restaurants

kicking pool bar

water volleyball

2 other sandals on the island - all accessible (restaurants/pool/bars)

We had a blast....

Make sure you aren't in the main hotel though...get a place on the cliffs...it was awesome...private with a great view of the complex/ocean.

Long flight though with a connection in Jamaica - but I think they might have direct flights now...

St. Lucia - Sandals Regency -@ La toc

http://www.sandals.com/main/lucia/lu-home.cfm

Free Snorkling

Free Scuba lessons/scuba dives

3 or 4 decent restaurants

kicking pool bar

water volleyball

2 other sandals on the island - all accessible (restaurants/pool/bars)

We had a blast....

Make sure you aren't in the main hotel though...get a place on the cliffs...it was awesome...private with a great view of the complex/ocean.

Long flight though with a connection in Jamaica - but I think they might have direct flights now...

I agree on the island, not the resort. Stay at the Sandals Grande. It is 10x better layout and better restaurants, beaches and rooms.

Let me know if you want to see pics.

Think we should be ok in early june

We have a reff Dive and snokerl planned

caevtubing in belize

some cattermanran thing somewhere else , and one day of just relaxing on the beach

Did you plan the excursions through the cruise or on your own? I ask b/c while you might save a few $$$ booking them on your own, if you book them through the cruise then you don't have to worry about your excursion going long and the ship leaving port w/out you.

If Hawaii is the destination of choice, drop a line and would love to show you around, have a drink or two!

If Hawaii is the destination of choice, drop a line and would love to show you around, have a drink or two!

Got an extra room? :lol:

When we went to Hawii for our honeymoon we did 10 days. Half in Maui and half in Kauai. My advice is to do Maui first, then Kauai b/c Maui is the touristy place, whereas Kauai is more the relaxing place.

We stayed at the Hyatt on both islands. The Hyatt on Maui was really nice. The Hyatt on Kauai was the phattest place I have EVAH stayed (and my mom's a travel agent, so I've stayed at some cool palces.)

They were not all-inclusives, but we did do the breakfast meal plan. The Hyatts have one of the best breakfast buffets you will EVAH eat at.

We flew 1st class (which was HUGE b/c the flight is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG), but my mom got us the upgrades for free.

I think the whole trip cost around $7K, but Mrs. DaveBG's grandfather picked up the tab...it was our present from him.

If you are serious about booking it through a travel agent, then send me an email and I will put you in contact w/my mom. She probably won't be able to save you any money, but she'll make sure you stay at nice places while staying within your budget.

I mostly agree with this. Maui has more nightlife. Kauai is extremely relaxing.

Where I'd differ is, instead of going to a resort on Kauai, I'd stay at a B&B on the north shore near Hanalei Bay. Not really a lay on the beach place, but you'll have that at your Maui resort, and it adds to the relaxing part.

We did a trip thru work where we spent 4 days at such a place, then 4 days at a resort on Poipu Bay. Best vacation I've ever had. I'd recommend this for simplicity, but it doesn't offer the nightlife.

Got an extra room? :lol:

Actually do. Always got beer in the outside fridge! Open invitation to all!

We did a trip thru work where we spent 4 days at such a place, then 4 days at a resort on Poipu Bay.

The Hyatt in Kauai is in Poipu Bay as well.

Did you plan the excursions through the cruise or on your own? I ask b/c while you might save a few $$$ booking them on your own, if you book them through the cruise then you don't have to worry about your excursion going long and the ship leaving port w/out you.

You definitely save by booking them on your own, than through the cruise. If you book the same excursion, you should be okay.

Actually do. Always got beer in the outside fridge! Open invitation to all!

See you tomorrow.

:alsoIammovingsomestuffinhopeyoudontmindohandthisismywifeandheresmydogs:

:

See you tomorrow.

:alsoIammovingsomestuffinhopeyoudontmindohandthisismywifeandheresmydogs:

:unsure: :unsure: :wall: :angry: