Sign in to follow this  
D'ohmer Simpson

Phillies

that was a hilarious win last night :shocking: Muts get a 2 run homer in the 9th to tie it only to give it away in the bottom of the 9th on a dribbler by Abreu. :rolleyes: only thing that would have made it better is if Billy Ragner was the pitcher who threw it away like that :rolleyes:

The Phils have been the worst "small ball" team in baseball for years. They strand runners, strike out alot, rarely draw walks, don't use their speed well, etc. Finally they are starting to look like a team that can score runs without relying on the longball. I'm not sure if the pitching is good enough to get them into the playoffs, but I like this team much better than last year's version.

Also, Howard should be batting cleanup.

It is bad news for anyone that supports the firing of clueless buffoon Charlie Manuel.

that was a hilarious win last night :shocking: Muts get a 2 run homer in the 9th to tie it only to give it away in the bottom of the 9th on a dribbler by Abreu. :rolleyes: only thing that would have made it better is if Billy Ragner was the pitcher who threw it away like that :rolleyes:

Call him Ragner because he left your sh!t orginization? Oh that's priceless.

Wagner is a little b1tch. He's making $10.5M a year - he should get over his persecution complex and STFU.

Whaaaaaaagner! :rolleyes:

Actually i call him Ragner because he's been crying like he's on the rag crying about how nobody likes him in Philly. waaaa, waaa, waaaa. and of course, i can't forget about him blowing those 2 Astros games last year either.

Actually i call him Ragner because he's been crying like he's on the rag crying about how nobody likes him in Philly. waaaa, waaa, waaaa. and of course, i can't forget about him blowing those 2 Astros games last year either.

They've said the fans at the game were merciless :wub:

I don't care what Thome is doing in Chicago, that was a great trade that they made in the off-season.

They've said the fans at the game were merciless :banana:

:wub:

Bonds and now Ragner, good week.

love how the bullpen is close to the fans, they can really let him hear it.

The Phils have been the worst "small ball" team in baseball for years. They strand runners, strike out alot, rarely draw walks, don't use their speed well, etc. Finally they are starting to look like a team that can score runs without relying on the longball. I'm not sure if the pitching is good enough to get them into the playoffs, but I like this team much better than last year's version.

Also, Howard should be batting cleanup.

And have 3 lefties in a row?? Thanks, but I'll pass. The lineup is just fine how it is, now that Charlie moved Utley to 2 and Rowand to 6.

And have 3 lefties in a row?? Thanks, but I'll pass. The lineup is just fine how it is, now that Charlie moved Utley to 2 and Rowand to 6.

Charlie = Coach of the Year :ninja:

Phils are bringing Cole Hamels up

News: MLB.com reports that Phillies phenom pitcher Cole Hamels has been called up from Triple-A and will start Friday at Cincinnati. To make room for Hamels, the Phillies will move Ryan Madson to the bullpen. Hamels made three amazing starts for the team's Triple-A squad, striking out 36 batters in 23 IP with one ER. "You always need pitching," said manager Charlie Manuel after Hamels' third outing. "When someone is pitching that good, it's just a matter of time until he ends up in the big leagues. ... I'm all for anything that can help our club."

Analysis: There's a lot of hype around Hamels, but consider this: The moment we learned about Hamels being called up, all of CBS SportsLine.com's Fantasy experts went on a tear through their own Fantasy leagues to pick him up. If we're dying to get him, then you should be, too. Start him immediately in all leagues and hope that the stuff he had in Triple-A will come with him to the major-league level.

Phils are bringing Cole Hamels up

Nice :ninja:

Now let's just hope our bats don't go silent when he starts :banana:

fock wagner. he's oneof the only phillies who really didnt catch much flak from the fans or media (in comparision to the other players) while he was here (until he blew a crucial game against the astros the last week of the season), and keep in mind where just one game out of the playoffs (where were the mets exactly?)

then he turns down the phillies deal to sign with the mets, which i have no problem with. his life, his choice, do whatever you think is best. but once he signed that contract with the mets he went out of his way to rip the franchise (said something to the effect of"the phillies arent commited to winning, even though they've finished better then the mets for a few years now, at least since '01) and goes out of his way to rip the fans. it was unnecessary, so fock him.

i'm happy that for the 7 saves he already has this year, he's already blown 3 save attempts this year, which is the same amount of blown saves he had all of last year.

Sure they're getting killed right now, but I didn't get to chime in earlier so B)

:ninja:

I guess nobody has told the Mets that the Phillies are better.

:angry: did you see that catch Rowand made in the 1st :mad: broken nose, needs surgery, could be out a while. what a great great catch though. it saved 3 runs which essentially won them the game last night.

3 games back :banana:

:angry: did you see that catch Rowand made in the 1st :mad: broken nose, needs surgery, could be out a while. what a great great catch though. it saved 3 runs which essentially won them the game last night.

3 games back :banana:

I didn't see it originally, but caught it on the news. Incredible catch indeed! Poor guy, you would think he'd learn to put his hands or arm out, rather than stop his momentum with his nose :mad: Great play and a great addition to the team. Hopefully he doesn't miss to much time.

Phils are on a tear!

did you hear how Rowand requested they add padding to CF? they ordered extra padding, it arrived Tuesday but wasn't set to go up until the road trip (today). pretty ironic.

still, awesome catch. Rowand is the man in CF.

did you hear how Rowand requested they add padding to CF? they ordered extra padding, it arrived Tuesday but wasn't set to go up until the road trip (today). pretty ironic.

still, awesome catch. Rowand is the man in CF.

Great pic on the back of Philly News. There's an article about the padding too..

As soon as he arrived in Philadelphia after spring training, Rowand identified the metal strip that crushed his nose as dangerous. He got the team to order padding for the strip. Ominously, during batting practice yesterday he pointed out the strip again to teammates.

The padding arrived Tuesday. It is scheduled for installation while the team is away on their trip.

That didn't happen in time to save Spike's face.

He's tough

As the medical staff ran across the field, Rowand saw the blood streaming from his body, from a cut across the bridge of his nose and from both nostrils.

"Squeeze it, Mick," he said. "Squeeze it. Harder."

"I ain't squeezing it harder. It's broke," Billmeyer said, avoiding the pooling blood that fell, said Abreu, "like rain."

"Squeeze it," Rowand said in a nasal growl.

Billmeyer squeezed.

Hamels makes his anticipated Major League debut against the Reds. The Phillies' prized left-hander is coming off three dominating starts with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, in which he compiled a 0.39 ERA. He was selected in the first round of 2002 First-Year Player Draft.

I watched this guy pitch and man o' man does he look like Steve Carlton out there. Same form, everything.

:thumbsdown:

Watch him start bouncing balls off the turf à la Rick Ankiel

:thumbsdown:

Just nerves at first!

Unfortunately, weather.com is calling for a 90% chance of rain during the game. Hopefully it's just a brief shower and I can spend my Friday night drinking beers and watching Hamels roll thru the Reds lineup.

Great article on Rowand is today's NY Times.

Rowand

Unfortunately, weather.com is calling for a 90% chance of rain during the game. Hopefully it's just a brief shower and I can spend my Friday night drinking beers and watching Hamels roll thru the Reds lineup.

Great article on Rowand is today's NY Times.

Rowand

When the Phillies' top pitching prospect, Cole Hamels, was promoted Wednesday, he took a leisurely jog alongside Rhodes and Rowand.

They were preparing him for the race.

:rolleyes:

Watch him start bouncing balls off the turf à la Rick Ankiel

I'd laugh my ass off if the Reds lit him up like a x-mas tree.

So far he's thrown more balls than usual but still :(

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA

C Hamels 5.0 1 0 0 5 7 0 92-51 0.00

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index...%3dolney_buster

can anyone with espn insider access this article and paste it? interested to see what they say about abreu to the yanks...

Basically says that Gillick was offering Abreu up all off season and the Phils may not ask for the Yanks "top" prospects if they were willing to take the 30 million contract off the Phils hands. Also said if they are on the fence about acquiring Abreu they can talk to Bowa and see if they should go for it.

I was at the game Thursday night, section 110......you could hear Rowand hit the fence, he didn't let up on the ball at all, just a great catch. The best catch i've ever seen, especially considering it was a scoreless game, the bases were loaded with 2 outs. Rowand owns Philly now, and if they make the playoffs this year, everyone will point to that one play. Next up, Hamels debuts by giving up one hit to the Reds on Friday night, and tonight, Lieber almost throws a 1 hitter. Rowand has jumped started the whole team, Phillies have won 12 of their last 13...not bad, not bad at all.

Only 2 games back! :blink: