Sign in to follow this  
edjr

barry bonds passes babe ruth

:banana: ALL ALONE IN second place with 715 :banana: :thumbsup: :banana:

Fixored. :thumbsup:

I must give credit where credit is due. Excellent job :banana:

His enormous cranium makes it difficult to see the game. :thumbsup:

when did second place become anything special ?

Red Sox? 86 world series? Owned?

Red Sox? 86 world series? Owned?
that was something to be proud of ?

im not gay enough to claim i owned you ....

The best left-handed HR hitter in history!

When he can hit more home runs in a year than an entire team, we'll talk. :lol:

The best left-handed HR hitter in history!

Between me and Bonds, I'm the better non-steriod using HR hitter :lol:

BONDS 715

ruth 714

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

that was something to be proud of ?

when did second place become anything special ?

no one thinks the 86 series was anything special? :blink:

715 WOULD normally be a big deal...

but considering the person cheated to get it..its pretty ho-hum...

ginats fans are trying to build it into something, but its clearly not a big deal to many...the more Bonds does, the better he makes pujols and arod look...

Does this mean that ESPN will get off Bonds' jockstrap until he gets to 750 or so?

If so, way to go Barry.

espn is trying WAY too hard to make this a monumental deal..but they are in bed with Barry..thats why..

McFarlane paid WAY too much for the steroid enhanced home runs that Mcgwire and Sosa hit..someone is going to pay WAY too much for 714 and 715 also..

with a new commish..these marks will be highlighted in pink and rightfully ignored...

715 WOULD normally be a big deal...

but considering the person cheated to get it..its pretty ho-hum...

ginats fans are trying to build it into something, but its clearly not a big deal to many...the more Bonds does, the better he makes pujols and arod look...

Whether you support Bonds or not, I don't understand why celebrating 715 has become a point of contention. Other than mentions on the news and a countdown banner on the outfield wall, was there a huge celebration when Ripken passed whoever was currently second on the list? Any other instance that I'm forgetting where moving into 2nd place stopped the game for speeches? If I'm not mistaken, Karl Malone is #2 in all-time scoring. Many that consider themselves sports fans couldn't tell you that, and they sure as hell couldn't tell you who he passed to get there.

Yeah, I know, 714 has always been a hallowed number, but it's 2nd place (now 3rd), and a long way from the record. Not celebrating has little or nothing to do with Bonds. It's a controversey created by the media and people on message boreds.

Whether you support Bonds or not, I don't understand why celebrating 715 has become a point of contention. Other than mentions on the news and a countdown banner on the outfield wall, was there a huge celebration when Ripken passed whoever was currently second on the list? Any other instance that I'm forgetting where moving into 2nd place stopped the game for speeches? If I'm not mistaken, Karl Malone is #2 in all-time scoring. Many that consider themselves sports fans couldn't tell you that, and they sure as hell couldn't tell you who he passed to get there.

Yeah, I know, 714 has always been a hallowed number, but it's 2nd place (now 3rd), and a long way from the record. Not celebrating has little or nothing to do with Bonds. It's a controversey created by the media and people on message boreds.

It's a media-manufactered milestone. ESPN benefits greatly if they promote a happening as being a big deal.

In our local paper, it was simply the headline of the baseball page, on page four of the sports section.

it is the ONE rare stat where 2nd has a mythical feel...

hank IS the HR champ..but until he passed it..it was always 714..everyone who follows baseball knows that number..

like 300 wins..3000 strikeouts..even if thats not #1..its still celebrated, at least on the local level...

a lot of the aaron generation never saw Babe swat 3 in his last game to get to 714...

a lot of todays kids never saw aaron get 715..

sadly for us, the symbol for our generation is a cheater..

had that been griffey jr getting 715, we'd all be celebrating a great achievement and rooting him on to get to 755...

not so with barry..anyone who pulls for barry doesnt truly like baseball...

BONDS 715

ruth 714

:doublethumbsup: :blink: :first: :wub:

no one thinks the 86 series was anything special? :wub:

no. It was an embarassment if you were a Sox fan. Now '75 was a respectable second place but the '86 series while exciting was one of the worst played series in history.

no. It was an embarassment if you were a Sox fan. Now '75 was a respectable second place but the '86 series while exciting was one of the worst played series in history.

That belongs to the 2004 Yankees in the ALCS :pointstosky:

CH :ninja: KE

Pay no attention, edjr...

They are just a bunch of haters :pointstosky:

Pay no attention, edjr...

They are just a bunch of haters :ninja:

:pointstosky:

Between me and Bonds, I'm the better non-steriod using HR hitter :pointstosky:

Funny. Bonds is a cheater plain and simple and he does not deserve to be thought of as the best left handed home run hitter. The guy CHEATED folks.

Funny. Bonds is a cheater plain and simple and he does not deserve to be thought of as the best left handed home run hitter. The guy CHEATED folks.

Like you've never cheated in your life! Tests, IQ test, games, besides the are "Preformance enhancing drugs", they are designed to enhance preformance, not to cheat! :banana:

I think Bonds would have been better off retiring.

Bush used to own the Rangers, the issue of steroids and baseball is a hot button in this administration. Even McGwire had to tiptoe around to avoid perjury.

Factor in the medias general dislike for Bonds as a person and its easy to see MLB letting Bonds get close to Aarons record, then finding a way to hammer him legally. I don't think we've seen everything there is to see to the Bonds case yet. MLB waited for an opportune time to get Palmeiro, mostly for his finger pointing during that hearing. Now hes out of baseball.

MLB needs the one big 'hit' to prove its war on steroids is legit ( and get the government out of its business). If Bonds had retired, they probably would have let it all go. But now hes a big fat target for him.

Bonds is a jerk most of the time, but recently hes right, the government and MLB is going to come after him and they all know it.

Bonds could hit 760-780 and I wouldn't consider him the best left-handed home run hitter.. Bonds had 200 more games and nearly 1000''s more AB's...

As a hitter, Ruth kills Bonds in nearly every statistical category. HR/AB's, RBI's, Avg, OBP. .SLG, heck even triples...All of Barry's great speed and Ruth still legged out 50 more tripples then Barry.

And this is with the Juice, Barry can talk all he wants, only the most stubborn fans would argue he was a better hitter then Babe.

Bonds could hit 760-780 and I wouldn't consider him the best left-handed home run hitter.. Bonds had 200 more games and nearly 1000''s more AB's...

As a hitter, Ruth kills Bonds in nearly every statistical category. HR/AB's, RBI's, Avg, OBP. .SLG, heck even triples...All of Barry's great speed and Ruth still legged out 50 more tripples then Barry.

And this is with the Juice, Barry can talk all he wants, only the most stubborn fans would argue he was a better hitter then Babe.

:thumbsdown:

Ruth is the best home run hitter of all time, period. Aaron and Bonds may have more, but they both have/had the benefit of more games per year, being a hitter their entire career (Ruth's didn't play 100 games in a season until his 6th year, due to being a pitcher), and Bonds obviously has the benefit of steroids.

I can respect Aaron, and accept Bonds, but Ruth is the premier home run hitter.

I agree.

I rank Ruth only behind Rob Deer :thumbsdown:

:thumbsdown:

Ruth is the best home run hitter of all time, peroid. Aaron and Bonds may have more, but they both have/had the benefit of more games per year, being a hitter their entire career (Ruth's didn't play 100 games in a season until his 6th year, due to being a pitcher), and Bonds's obviously has the benefit of steroids.

Well in accepting Bonds you are a better person then me...

On a side note, I more then respect Aaron, his stats are amazing.

23 Years 	3,298 	12,364 	2,174 	3,771 	624 	98 	755 	16 	2,297 	1,402 	293 	1,383 	21 	121 	32 	328 	.305 	.374 	.555

Yeah he played more games then either, but 3771 hits...Almost 2300 RBI's. 305 average and to top it off he played during a very polarized time in a America. He handled the situation with more class and dignity then I can imagine. IMO Hank Aaron is everything that is right about baseball.

I agree.

I rank Ruth only behind Rob Deer :o

Bah, Rob Deer couldn't hold Gorman Thomas stir-ups. Hell Gorman might have knocked himself out against the outfield wall more then Deer hit HR's. That was worth the price of admission.

Ruth>Williams>>>>Aaron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Some other players>>Bonds>>>>>some other hall of famers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>regular all stars>>>>>>>>>>>today's player.

HTH

well, lets look back and see how the roid thing has paid off....

IF they had stayed clean..i WOULD consider bonds one of the best..he has 715 homers and 500 sbs for heavens sake..thats insane..but knowing he used steroids, forget it..

the clear helped bonds pass ruth..you see how his body is reacting NOT on the clear..he'd have been broken down 2 years ago...

mcgwire was able to get the single season hr title..

sosa went from a sb goof to a beloved figurine in chicago for awhile..

palmeiro kept piling on quiet good seasons....

you cant suck, take roids and become great..you need the talent and these guys had it..they may have been HOF guys without the clear or roids...

roids got them closer to the records..and in some cases, past the record..but it left them further from the HOF and baseball...

you think st louis or the cubs will invite mark or sammy to their old timers games? they SHOULD...but fans dont forget too easily..

fail all you want..buckner focked up in the 86 series..but he had bad knees..it kills him to this day that the ball stayed down on him..but he didnt cheat the game or the fans...he doesnt deserve as much as grief and these players dont deserve this much praise..

of course bonds will pass pee tests now..hes clean...

i still think bonds couldve been remarkable at an older age..hes THAT good..but he ruined it by cheating..he will take it to his grave...

stormin gorman thomas... :thumbsup: ask him about ANY old game and he will talk your ear off..mention the game that he played for the mariners :lol: when roger had 20 k's and he'll remind you that he took clemens out of the yard DEEP to center...

well, lets look back and see how the roid thing has paid off....

IF they had stayed clean..i WOULD consider bonds one of the best..he has 715 homers and 500 sbs for heavens sake..thats insane..but knowing he used steroids, forget it..

the clear helped bonds pass ruth..you see how his body is reacting NOT on the clear..he'd have been broken down 2 years ago...

mcgwire was able to get the single season hr title..

sosa went from a sb goof to a beloved figurine in chicago for awhile..

palmeiro kept piling on quiet good seasons....

you cant suck, take roids and become great..you need the talent and these guys had it..they may have been HOF guys without the clear or roids...

roids got them closer to the records..and in some cases, past the record..but it left them further from the HOF and baseball...

you think st louis or the cubs will invite mark or sammy to their old timers games? they SHOULD...but fans dont forget too easily..

fail all you want..buckner focked up in the 86 series..but he had bad knees..it kills him to this day that the ball stayed down on him..but he didnt cheat the game or the fans...he doesnt deserve as much as grief and these players dont deserve this much praise..

of course bonds will pass pee tests now..hes clean...

i still think bonds couldve been remarkable at an older age..hes THAT good..but he ruined it by cheating..he will take it to his grave...

stormin gorman thomas... :thumbsup: ask him about ANY old game and he will talk your ear off..mention the game that he played for the mariners :lol: when roger had 20 k's and he'll remind you that he took clemens out of the yard DEEP to center...

wtf?