Sign in to follow this  
Neil Rackers

Kubiak Says Lundy to Start

"Davis has 3,195 yards and 23 touchdowns in three NFL seasons. If he can't play, Kubiak said rookie sixth-round draft Wali Lundy, who has been impressive in preseason, will be the starter."

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/...ts/15383340.htm

I'd keep morency for just one more preseason game and see if this is actually the case. Then, if you're aching to pick up another FA, feel free to drop him.

"Davis has 3,195 yards and 23 touchdowns in three NFL seasons. If he can't play, Kubiak said rookie sixth-round draft Wali Lundy, who has been impressive in preseason, will be the starter."

I'd keep morency for just one more preseason game and see if this is actually the case. Then, if you're aching to pick up another FA, feel free to drop him.

Beautiful!! I took Lundy in the 13th rd :headbanger: :dunno:

Thank you for the article. That is great info. I was toying with Lundy and now I will snag him. Might take Morency too just to be safe. Live draft in 45 minutes. Thanks again.

Oye, I got Morency already, Lundy is on waiver wire, but I have no RB spots. Do you cut Ron Dayne (handcuff to Mike Bell) to get Lundy?

Oye, I got Morency already, Lundy is on waiver wire, but I have no RB spots. Do you cut Ron Dayne (handcuff to Mike Bell) to get Lundy?

yea.

2nd of all WALI'S :lol: WORD :argue:

Actually, the article cited is a bit ambiguous for me. Is Kubiak saying Lundy will be the starter for the Texans' next preseason game, or that Lundy will be the starter for Week 1? Either of those interpretations could be true given the information in the article. I agree that waiting is the best course.

Actually, the article cited is a bit ambiguous for me. Is Kubiak saying Lundy will be the starter for the Texans' next preseason game, or that Lundy will be the starter for Week 1? Either of those interpretations could be true given the information in the article. I agree that waiting is the best course.

Does it really matter? Davis has shown no ability to be able to play this year at all.

"If he can't play, Kubiak said rookie sixth-round draft Wali Lundy, who has been impressive in preseason, will be the starter."

Doesn't seem ambiguous to me.

:thumbsdown: Wali's :headbanger: World :banana:

DEFINETLY cut Dayne for Lundy....Handcuffing in Denver is pointless with the Cobb/Bell/Bell/Dayne situation.

Dayne isn't even the #2 on Denver's depth chart

Dayne's injury really hurt him...he may not make the team.

do I take lundy or J. Norwood, one player keeper league

it's my 5th RB so I guess best combo of this year and next

I drafted Morency late on Saturday then I went to pick up Lundy today and my boy beat me to it. Focker!!

Aw well. This is nothing but my biased opinion but I watched A LOT of ACC football the past few years and Lundy never impressed me at all. For my sake, I think/hope that Morency will get more carries, the goaline work, and eventually become the starter. Then again, I had never heard of him until last year, so who knows.

I would love to have some extra RB depth and could really use it but at least Im not the guy who took Dom Davis in the 2nd rd. :D

Right this minute, is Lundy MORE or LESS valuable than Ahman Green? Green looked horrible tonight...

With the #1 pick of the 2006 NFL traft the Texans select........ :cheers:

Why can't Dom Davis go on PUP list??? B)

Davis can't be placed on the physically unable to perform list because he passed the team's physical before training camp.

"If he can't play, Kubiak said rookie sixth-round draft Wali Lundy, who has been impressive in preseason, will be the starter."

Doesn't seem ambiguous to me.

Right, but Lundy could start in the Texans' next preseason game, and Morency could start in Week 1. The article does not disprove that possibility, and is thus ambiguous. Of course the article is unambiguous regarding Davis, but who cares about that? The issue is Lundy versus Morency.

Right, but Lundy could start in the Texans' next preseason game, and Morency could start in Week 1. The article does not disprove that possibility, and is thus ambiguous. Of course the article is unambiguous regarding Davis, but who cares about that? The issue is Lundy versus Morency.

Im on Morency's side in this but the article is pretty clear to me. If Davis doesnt play, which in all likelihood he wont, then Lundy will begin the season as the starter.

Davis obviously isnt playing in the pre-season so why would the article be talking about exhibitions. Its clearly talking about once the reg. season starts. And in the game on Sun. nite, Lundy started the game and played exclusively in the first several series.

I still think that Morency will start sooner or later but for now Lundy is clearly the starter. No ambiguity to it.

This is a quote from the Hoston Chronicle... Dream on Morency owners....

"They (Lundy and Morency) have played hard, and they've done a good job overall," Kubiak said. "Both are going to play, but if the season started (today), Lundy would be the starter, and Morency would play."

I say Lundy 80 % of the work Morency 20% judging on how Kubiak used Lundy in the first half of the Denver game, I think 18 Carries & 5-7 rec a game could be a reality. They threw to Lundy 5 times in the first half. One was tipped in the air & got picked one was caught for 12yds & called back for holding.

Don't forget Kubiak is a Shanny disciple. We'll see how this goes but there's certainly a possibility this plays out all year long if no DD.

"They (Lundy and Morency) have played hard, and they've done a good job overall," Kubiak said. "Both are going to play, but if the season started (today), Lundy would be the starter, and Morency would play."

OK, the Chronicle article is much better than the original Fort Wayne article that I expressed concern over.

I say Lundy 80 % of the work Morency 20% judging on how Kubiak used Lundy in the first half of the Denver game, I think 18 Carries & 5-7 rec a game could be a reality. They threw to Lundy 5 times in the first half. One was tipped in the air & got picked one was caught for 12yds & called back for holding.

LOL OMG If a coach says they're both going to play, then it's more than likely RBBC and nothing to get too excited about either one. Good luck with that Lundy owners when you start him week 1.

RBBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Even if Houston goes RBBC, you have value if you pick up Lundy in the final rounds...for trade value. Last year I picked up Willie Parker in 3 leagues because he was going to be the starter for week 1. He blew up, and I didnt even need him (he was my 6th RB in some leagues). In two leagues I traded him for premier players to teams that had RB issues. Got Hines Ward in one league, Tony Gongalez in another. Gonzo didnt work out last year, but it was still more value than a 14th round pick. target panic GMs with crappt RBs, and get value where YOU need it.

Both players have played well in pre-season opportunities. But whoever is planned to start week 1 of the regular season I would expect them to get minimal time (if any) in week 4. Starters typically don't play but a series or two the final pre-season game. This weeks game should may reveal who the actual starter is.

Aw well. This is nothing but my biased opinion but I watched A LOT of ACC football the past few years and Lundy never impressed me at all.

That's the thing with Lundy. I've watched the kid since high school, and he never appears to be doing anything special. But he does everything well, does a decent job in short ydg, can catch the ball, etc. He ended up with more TD than anyone in ACC history, playing for teams that were just ok offensively. He gets the job done.

LOL OMG If a coach says they're both going to play, then it's more than likely RBBC and nothing to get too excited about either one. Good luck with that Lundy owners when you start him week 1.

Seriously, do you see ANYONE talking about starting him week 1? Anytime you can get your hands on a starting RB after your draft, you take it. That's what this is all about. If you are looking for a RB1 or RB2 from the WW after your draft, your season is already fuked.

Both players have played well in pre-season opportunities. But whoever is planned to start week 1 of the regular season I would expect them to get minimal time (if any) in week 4. Starters typically don't play but a series or two the final pre-season game. This weeks game should may reveal who the actual starter is.

Kubiak has all ready stated neither will play in the final game. So much for that theory.

Aw well. This is nothing but my biased opinion but I watched A LOT of ACC football the past few years and Lundy never impressed me at all.

If a 4.3 ypc average and the most ever TD's in the ACC doesn't impress you at all, you have very high standards.

As a Texans homer here are my thoughts:

1) DD is done as a Texan. Kubiak is extremely frustrated with him and will not tolerate this constant injury problem.

2) Lundy will start for now because he is Kubiak's guy. Kubiak drafted him and probably wants to prove he's Shanny junior by plugging in a 6th rounder and turning him into a 1000 yard back.

BUT

3) Morency WILL get his fair share of carries. And if Lundy falters at any point in the season he could easily be the starter. At first Kubiak wasn't thrilled with his running style. But he seems to have made the necessary adjustments and from what I've seen, he's the better of the two.

So again, I think it comes down to Kubiak wanted to show off HIS 6th round pick. As for fantasy I think both are worth having on a roster and just keep an eye on the situation. I'd say by week 3 or 4 we'll know ALOT more of what will happen for the season.