lions coach arrested for dui and.....

AND DRIVING NUDE :banana:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...NEWS99/60906025

Lions assistant arrested for nude driving and drunken driving

September 6, 2006

Email this Print this By Jim Schaefer and Nicholas J. Cotsonika

Free Press Staff Writers

(Detroit Lions)

Exclusive: A Detroit Lions assistant coach was arrested twice in the last two weeks, once for allegedly driving drunk and once for indecent and obscene conduct, the Free Press has learned.

In the latter incident, a Dearborn police ticket describes the coach as “driving on public street without any clothes on. (NUDE).”

Joe Cullen, whom first-year head coach Rod Marinelli hired from the University of Illinois, coaches the defensive line. Cullen, 38, posted bond in both misdemeanor cases and was still coaching the Lions at practice Wednesday.

He walked away from a Free Press reporter who wanted to ask him about the incidents, but later the team released a statement from Cullen.

“I would like to apologize to the Detroit Lions organization, our fans, my family and friends for any embarrassment these incidents have caused. These incidents represent a mistake in judgment on my part. I deeply regret them and have learned a valuable lesson. It won’t happen again,’’ Cullen said in the statement.

Lions officials said Cullen has requested treatment.

The nudity incident happened Aug. 24 about 11:15 p.m., the night before the Lions flew to the west coast for a game against the Oakland Raiders.

Police stopped Cullen in his car, which was traveling eastbound on Michigan near Lapham Street. The ticket does not provide any other information about why Cullen allegedly was nude. The Lions said alcohol was involved.

A week later, Dearborn police again arrested Cullen, this time about 11:48 p.m. on Sept. 1, the night after the Lions lost their final exhibition game to the Buffalo Bills at Ford Field.

Court records show Cullen had a blood alcohol content of .12 after police stopped his 2006 Ford Explorer as it traveled west on Michigan near Tenny. Michigan law sets .08 as the legal limit.

Cullen, who lives in Dearborn, is scheduled to appear in 19th District Court next week on both cases..

Marinelli, asked about the arrests after Wednesday’s practice, declined to comment and referred questions to Lions president Matt Millen, “It’s a personal issue right now,’’ Marinelli said. “Matt’s going to handle it.’’

Millen released a statement later, saying, “We are obviously very disappointed. These are very serious matters that will be handled sternly and appropriately by our organization. Coach Cullen requested immediate help in seeking treatment. That assistance has been provided and a comprehensive, private program has been established for him.”

Cullen was fired from the University of Mississippi in early 2005 after an alcohol-related arrest at a restaurant. Athletic Director Pete Boone said Wednesday that no one from the Lions organization contacted him for a reference.

When asked whether the Lions were aware of Cullen's history and whether he would be disciplined for the current situation, Millen would only say, “This will be handled the same way any of these situations will be handled with a player. And that’s that it will remain confidential and private. We will respect the privacy of the person and we would expect that you respect that also.”

Cullen has also coached at Indiana, Memphis, Richmond, Louisiana State and the University of Massachusetts, where he played nose guard from 1986-1989.

Guest Davaco

if the coach is driving nude and drunk, how they they tell the players to behave?

i cant wait for another millen man march

if the coach is driving nude and drunk, how they they tell the players to behave?

I can't wait for you to kill yourself :blink:

Millen man march was pretty funny

;)

:lol:

No way this is real, right? :D

As sad as this is...it is 100% real :( ...what's worse is that he is still Coaching :dunno:

actually, this is a marinelli hire.

at least it's an entertaining story. kinda funny, actually. except for the guy getting counseling. so what is it called when you have an urge to drive drunk, naked, and expose yourself? any shrinks in the house?

great start for a first year coaching staff

We don't need any naked dudes in Detroit, we ought to trade him to Minnesota for that luxury boat captain and his boatload of nubile drunk sluts. I mean if you're going to have a scandal, have a good one.

when i first heard this story i thought either a)he was an nba player..or :bench: he had a lady in the lady in the car or c) he lost a bet with his players....

maybe he was just practicing driving a stick shift.... :banana:

That's a hell of an organization Millen's running up there.

at least is sorry for his actions. NOW put some freakin pants on bastage!

Lions Football: We couldn't make this sh*t up if we tried.

:( Browns Fan. I feel for you, but we kind of cleaned house and it is working out really well I think. Good luck. ;)

Ive been drunk a lot in my time, but never drunk enough to drive around nekkid.

This is my favorite part

"These incidents represent a mistake in judgment on my part"

Serioulsy no matter how blacked out I have been, I have never thought about driving around naked

The only possible excuse for driving around nekked is if her husband came home early, and the exit from the house was earlier than originally planned.

July 10th 2006

Steve Mariucci's front porch 3:05 am:

Mariucci: Man listen brother, I'm telling you, it wasn't me it's this focking organization. They are clueless from top to bottom and with the talent level they currently have, I bet they will actually look worse in preseason and they will end up cutting Millen's 2nd #1 pick in two years Charles Rogers. :sipswine:

Joe Cullen: No way Steve, from what I hear Charles Rogers has been "turning heads" in mini camps and Marinelli has them disciplined and in shape. Not going to happen. :chugsbeer:

Mariucci: Don't believe me? Bet me. :sipswine:

Joe Cullen: You're on. :shotgunsbeer:

September 6, 2006

Email this Print this By Jim Schaefer and Nicholas J. Cotsonika

Free Press Staff Writers

(Detroit Lions)

Exclusive: A Detroit Lions assistant coach was arrested twice in the last two weeks, once for allegedly driving drunk and once for indecent and obscene conduct, the Free Press has learned.

In the latter incident, a Dearborn police ticket describes the coach as “driving on public street without any clothes on. (NUDE).”

Joe Cullen, whom first-year head coach Rod Marinelli hired from the University of Illinois, coaches the defensive line. Cullen, 38, posted bond in both misdemeanor cases and was still coaching the Lions at practice Wednesday.

...what's worse is that he is still Coaching :thumbsup:

nude?

“Matt’s going to handle it.’’
See, nothing to worry about, Matt's going to handle it. :dunno:

Settle down you bunch of prudes. I'm sure whatever he was doing will make a great bar story.

"So I'm screwing this stripper, really tearing into her, and her husband comes home....I had to jump out the window, thank god I remember to keep my wallet and keys in the car..."

See, now he goes from freak to team hero. Unless the stripper was Kitna's wife.

Michigan Avenue at Lapham? Sounds like he was leaving BT's and didnt want to come home smelling like Eau du Stripper.

not condoning the drunk driving part

Michigan Avenue at Lapham? Sounds like he was leaving BT's and didnt want to come home smelling like Eau du Stripper.

not condoning the drunk driving part

Solid deduction! Now why couldn't this have been John L Smith?!?!?! :wall:

At least he couldn't blame this on his kid a la Cocaine Wayne.

Well, if he ends up going to trial for this, he can hope for a hung jury.

I'm not sure what the punishment for this would be, I'd have to check the penal code.