Sign in to follow this  
Franknbeans

*** Official Miami vs. Pittsburgh Game Thread ***

This will be a tough test for both teams but I believe Batch will play well enough and the team will win one for Ben. 24-13 :sleep:

Phins win on the road

20-10

Batch tosses an INT and its returned for a TD, and Mare gets a late FG to seal the victory for Miami

Miami 17-10

I agree. Pittsburgh's score will be defensively too.

Even though Batch went 2-0 last year, look at who those wins were against (Packers, Browns).

I agree. Pittsburgh's score will be defensively too.

Even though Batch went 2-0 last year, look at who those wins were against (Packers, Browns).

and that's different than the Dolphins how exactly?

:(

It's finally here! :( :(

By the way, Dolphins 17, Steelers 14.

and that's different than the Dolphins how exactly?

:(

cause the dolphins won their last 6 games last year, and now they have Duante Culpepper thats how its different

cause the dolphins won their last 6 games last year, and now they have Duante Culpepper thats how its different

Oh.

Prediction: Pittsburgh wins with Charlie Batch at the helm, the suicide rate in Miami increases 10X.

just stirring the pot...I could care less about either team.

:thumbsup: :popcorn:

Batch had horrible stats against Green Bay because he hadn't thrown meaningful pass in an NFL game since 2001. He greatly improved in the Sunday night game against the Browns starting out 13/19 for 150 and a rushing TD before getting injured. He's by no means a great quarterback, but is more than adequate as a backup. Its amazing he's still in the league after coming out of the Lions system...

Pittsburgh got rid of the guy that throws interceptions to loose games.

FWP is gonna blow past the geriatric D line of the fins.

21-10 Stillers.

Pitt, b/c of home-field advantage. I've been to Heinz Field and I can only imagine the frenzy those fans will be in tonight. Quite inhospitable for the Fish.

I very much need a Steelers win by 6 or more.

Fantasy wise though, I have FWP, Culpepper, Chambers, and Ronnie Brown....so basically I need a high scoring game...which won't happen....Hah.

I think the dolphins steal one at Heinz field. W/ out ya boy big ben, the offense just doesn't click real well tonight. Score: 21-13.

On a side note, Chambers goes for two td's tonight as the steelers will try to shut down Ronnie.

Damn, I can't believe the season is finally here!

Pittsburgh 20-10.

I'm probably benching Culpepper and Ward.

I'm starting FWP and Pittsburgh D.

This isn't good. My opponent this week has Ronnie Brown. I don't know whether I want him to have a good game or not.

Life was so much easier when Miami's offence was bad....

Pittsburgh 20, Miami 13

Stillers O wont be so explosive, but our defense will. Brown will be good for less than 70 yards, Our Defense will dictate this one.

ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! Officially tonite!!!

I'll be watching from Fatso's Sports Garden, the greatest Sports Bar in Texas!

GO STEELERS!!!

:ninja: :cheers: :banana:

Of those six they beat Oak, NJ Jets, Buf, Ten and NE who had already clinched the playoffs. SD was the only non-suck team they beat in that stretch and they were only 9-7.

Steelers lat 4 wins were @Cin, @Indy, @Den, and Seattle in case you forgot.

Culpeppers last win against a non-suck team was November of '04.

IClight

Pittsburgh didnt beat Seattle. The team in the black and white got that victory.

I thought it was the TE that couldn't catch a cold. Or the secondary that couldn't defend an option pass that they practiced against in practice.

Wah wah wah.

IClight

I think the dolphins steal one at Heinz field. W/ out ya boy big ben, the offense just doesn't click real well tonight. Score: 21-13.

On a side note, Chambers goes for two td's tonight as the steelers will try to shut down Ronnie.

Damn, I can't believe the season is finally here!

I suppose it's possible that Chambers goes off, but it's unlikely. Ike Taylor will be shadowing him all night, similar to the way he did Chad Johnson last year (Johnson didn't score in 3 games against the Steelers).

It's probably going to be an ugly game, unless Pittsburgh opens it up early to keep the Dolphins D off guard. Watch for multiple screens . . . just a hunch, and a twist that I think Whisenhunt is planning on using more of this year, probably to better utilize Parker's quickness and open-field ability.

Oh the Seattle TE that caught a TD pass? Oh the TE that caught a 30yard Pass on the 2 yard line while being hit that was called back for a hold that on replay never happened? Oh right that guy. The Steelers sold their soul and will pay the price this season.

Back to the game at hand. Pittsburgh will have a tough time moving the ball tonight. I would be shocked if they scored more than 10 points. That being said I would expect to see Miami try and control the clock with the Run. R. Brown should look good tonight, and Culpepper will show everyone why he is a top QB in the NFL.

Pittsburgh didnt beat Seattle. The team in the black and white got that victory.

keep telling yourself that :thumbsup:

Not to re-hash it but did the officials:

1. Cause Seattle to miss 2 FGs

2. Have horrible clock management

3. Cause SA to basically disappear

4. Get inside Jeremy Stevens head

5. Throw a back breaking pick to Ike Taylor

6. Get fooled on a play everyone knew the Steelers would run

7. Give up a 75 yd TD run

8. Start out throwing to DJax in a perfect 1st drive, then not throw to him at all again.

9. Oh forget it...I'm sick of it.

Not to re-hash it but did the officials:

1. Cause Seattle to miss 2 FGs

2. Have horrible clock management

3. Cause SA to basically disappear

4. Get inside Jeremy Stevens head

5. Throw a back breaking pick to Ike Taylor

6. Get fooled on a play everyone knew the Steelers would run

7. Give up a 75 yd TD run

8. Start out throwing to DJax in a perfect 1st drive, then not throw to him at all again.

9. Oh forget it...I'm sick of it.

Preach on brother! I don't know who let's these latte sucking, rain soaked crybabies on here anyway

Preach on brother! I don't know who let's these latte sucking, rain soaked crybabies on here anyway

:ninja: :thumbsup: :doh:

Steeler O line (which has looked fantastic) protects Batch as he passes for 200 yds and 2 TD's with one pick.

Parker goes for 120 yds, 50 on one run alone, and a TD.

Miller catches a red zone TD, Wilson catches a TD on a long post pattern.

Pitt - 24

Mia - 10

No but they called a ticky tack push-off on D-Jax that took away a TD. They called Ben’s run a TD, when it was clear he needed second effort to try and push the ball over the line. If he was in why would he do that? They even reviewed it and still gave it to him. I wonder how much money that cost Ben? They called a phantom hold that took away a completion to Stevens on the 2 yard line that would have been 1st and 2 for a TD which gives Alexander 3 tries at a TD (almost a sure thing for Alexander) instead of a turnover, where they called a 15 yard penalty on Hasslebeck for a legal tackle. Give me a break. That was the cheapest Super Bowl victory of all time. And you're going to pound your chest about it?

Pittsburg had 2.5 big plays that got them the W. (I give the interception a .5, because it should have never happened without the phantom hold) the rest of the time they were totally out matched. Take away the 7 bad calls by the officials and the Seahawks win that game by 2 TDs. I know its tough to see as a homer, but the Steelers sucked in that superbowl. The Refs handed them the trophy. And because of that you will see them suck tonight, and the curse will cause strange things to happen to their players all season. It looks like the crash and abdomen is Bens payment. What will Wards be?

Pit 24

MIA 10

Miami's D scores their lone TD

Culppeper will look totaly lost against the PIT D

No but they called a ticky tack push-off on D-Jax that took away a TD. They called Ben’s run a TD, when it was clear he needed second effort to try and push the ball over the line. If he was in why would he do that? They even reviewed it and still gave it to him. I wonder how much money that cost Ben? They called a phantom hold that took away a completion to Stevens on the 2 yard line that would have been 1st and 2 for a TD which gives Alexander 3 tries at a TD (almost a sure thing for Alexander) instead of a turnover, where they called a 15 yard penalty on Hasslebeck for a legal tackle. Give me a break. That was the cheapest Super Bowl victory of all time. And you're going to pound your chest about it?

Need a tissue? Get over it. Djax definately pushed off....2 feet in front of the official. Good teams recover from bad calls and bad plays. Did you not watch the Steeler/Indy game? Seattle would have folded up in the fetal position if there were in that position.

Yes he did.. but a call that is never made. Watch any of T.Os TDs.. If you watch that play, look for the illegal contact prior to the push off. Why didnt the Pittsburg resident official who called the push off see the Illegal contact 3 seconds earlier? I wonder.

And yes I need a tissue... :(

Pittsburg had 2.5 big plays that got them the W. (I give the interception a .5, because it should have never happened without the phantom hold) the rest of the time they were totally out matched. Take away the 7 bad calls by the officials and the Seahawks win that game by 2 TDs. I know its tough to see as a homer, but the Steelers sucked in that superbowl. The Refs handed them the trophy. And because of that you will see them suck tonight, and the curse will cause strange things to happen to their players all season. It looks like the crash and abdomen is Bens payment. What will Wards be?

We heard all the excuses 7 months ago, your team got beat, get over it allready. :(

Yes he did.. but a call that is never made. Watch any of T.Os TDs.. If you watch that play, look for the illegal contact prior to the push off. Why didnt the Pittsburg resident official who called the push off see the Illegal contact 3 seconds earlier? I wonder.

And yes I need a tissue... :(

]

Watch the replays, the official went to grab his flag and grabbed that stupid bag they throw for a fumble, then he grabbed his flag and threw it. Rent the DVD and you'll see it. Or you can borrow mine.