Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

NFL Cheerleaders

Depending upon the club, pro cheerleaders make somewhere between zero and diddly to be cheerleaders.

The DCC supposedly make a whopping $50 a game.

I've been watching the whole making of the DCC thing on TV, and it's got me to wondering: Why do they do it? They bust their axx, they spend a whole lot of time outside of the games either doing appearances and/or practicing. What's the upside?

Are these girls just so insecure that they need the feedback? Who needs a damn near full-time 'job' that doesn't pay anything? Who'd take that gig?

- Don't get me wrong, they're awful pretty to look at. In the case of the Texans, that's about all there IS to look at. Still, all in all, I think they're pretty worthless to the game.

A lot of the girls have been cheering since they were little girls and it has become their passion and/or dream. I watched the Dallas cheerleader thing on E! and those girls work their asses off just to be on the team, not even have air time. All cheerleaders love attention...I was one in HS and LOVED wearing the outfit and dancing, wish got me attention. I think a lot have jobs on the side, but yes, they make little money to be able to support themselves as their sole income.

The Cowboys gals Im sure make a bit more than just their game salary though.

Thats another reason I love the Packers...we say forget pro cheerleaders...just bring in some local college or high school cheerleaders a few games here and there if you want some on the sidelines.

They make a lot of money doing Calendars and making appearances from what I understand. So I think they make a lot more money than you think.

It's mostly a resume and exposure thing to boost a modeling career.

It's an opportunity to meet a rich football player, poke a hole in the condom/lie about being on the pill, have sex, get pregnant and get married/child support? :thumbsdown:

The Cowboys gals Im sure make a bit more than just their game salary though.

Thats another reason I love the Packers...we say forget pro cheerleaders...just bring in some local college or high school beasties a few games here and there if you want some on the sidelines. The hairy legs keep them warm.

:thumbsdown:

Maybe they do it because they enjoy it. :thumbsdown:

It's an opportunity to meet a rich football player, poke a hole in the condom/lie about being on the pill, have sex, get pregnant and get married/child support? :thumbsdown:

I would tend to agree, but I recall a radio interview where a cheerleader stated that they are strictly forbidden from interacting with the players, on that rare occasion where the two DID hook up the cheerleader was forced to resign.

everything is about money? :thumbsdown:

It's an opportunity to meet a rich football player, poke a hole in the condom/lie about being on the pill, have sex, get pregnant and get married/child support? :headbanger:

Exactly, you don't think those attention whores cozy up to the players as best they can? Try to get a rich husband out of the deal? Since birth, women prey on men who can provide. When they find one, they latch on with their claws and don't let go. Some just hunt in greener pastures, e.g. NFL cheerleaders.

Jake Plummer was nailing a Bronco cheerleader last year.....

pulease, we're talking about real NFL players here. peeps who you'd recognize

I guess my point is, I just don't have any respect for anyone whose career ambitions peak at anything that involves faking a smile & mindlessly shaking pom-poms. Very little will come from being a cheerleader. It's just a bunch of insecure little attention whoores who never got past a high-school mentality. I feel the same way about Miss America and all that crap too. When they most important part of you job is how you look, how narcissistic & shallow can you be? At some point, have some respect for yourself and aim just a tad higher than fitting into the hot pants long enough to become a trophy wife.

The tryouts were brilliant. They asked one girl to a name a SINGLE current event. - And she had nothing. NOTHING.

Another one was asked who her favorite Dallas Cowboy was - nothing.

Another one was grilled on being "ungracious" - they interviewed her afterward: "I've always been grateful to the people who do things to me". - Stupid kunt didn't know "gracious" from "grateful".

How much do they supposedly make? :headbanger:

I would tend to agree, but I recall a radio interview where a cheerleader stated that they are strictly forbidden from interacting with the players, on that rare occasion where the two DID hook up the cheerleader was forced to resign.

Once she gets that NFL sperm inside her, she ain't NEVAH going back to wearing a polyester uniform.

Exactly, you don't think those attention whores cozy up to the players as best they can? Try to get a rich husband out of the deal? Since birth, women prey on men who can provide. When they find one, they latch on with their claws and don't let go. Some just hunt in greener pastures, e.g. NFL cheerleaders.

Supposed to be some pretty strong rules against "fraternizing" with the NFL players.

'Course, I imagine a NFL player could drop 30K on the table and Bimbi would drop her "LifeTime Dream" of being a cheerleader in a focking heartbeat.

I guess my point is, I just don't have any respect for anyone whose career ambitions peak at anything that involves faking a smile & mindlessly shaking pom-poms. Very little will come from being a cheerleader. It's just a bunch of insecure little attention whoores who never got past a high-school mentality. I feel the same way about Miss America and all that crap too. When they most important part of you job is how you look, how narcissistic & shallow can you be? At some point, have some respect for yourself and aim just a tad higher than fitting into the hot pants long enough to become a trophy wife.

The tryouts were brilliant. They asked one girl to a name a SINGLE current event. - And she had nothing. NOTHING.

Another one was grilled on being "ungracious" - they interviewed her afterward: "I've always been grateful to the people who do things to me". - Stupid kunt didn't know "gracious" from "grateful".

So you got turned down.. gesh let it go man.

How much do they supposedly make? :dunno:

Varies, but from zero to diddly (on an annualized basis). Yeah, you hear stories where a girl can make $200-400 for a two hour appearance. But It's not like she's making a lot of those appearances a week. The DCC girls make more than most due to their calendar, but even then, we're not talking much dinero. Supposedly, all the girls are required to have a job, be a student, or a "mom". I know girls like these; They sign up for community college every semester and quit the first time they have a fight with their boyfriend - or a really 'fun' trip comes along.

Varies, but from zero to diddly (on an annualized basis). Yeah, you hear stories where a girl can make $200-400 for a two hour appearance. But It's not like she's making a lot of those appearances a week. The DCC girls make more than most due to their calendar, but even then, we're not talking much dinero. Supposedly, all the girls are required to have a job, be a student, or a "mom". I know girls like these; They sign up for community college every semester and quit the first time they have a fight with their boyfriend - or a really 'fun' trip comes along.

My buddy's younger sister was a SeaGal for a three or four seasons, she got in the neighborhood of $25-40 per game day and then they got between $20-50 per hour for appearance fees to go to the local car dealership or grand openings of random stores.

Pretty much they do it for the fun/challenge of it all.

It's just a bunch of insecure little attention whoores who never got past a high-school mentality. I feel the same way about Miss America and all that crap too.

You're an idiot. I guarantee there are more than a few NFL cheerleaders who are more successful in their careers than you are. So, that makes you pretty pathetic doesn't it?

You're an idiot. I guarantee there are more than a few NFL cheerleaders who are more successful in their careers than you are. So, that makes you pretty pathetic doesn't it?

1. No, you're the idiot for not getting the most basic of concepts; The exception of a few proves the rule.

2. You gotta be fairly stupid if you think that you can't be 'successful' in a career and still be an insecure little attention whoore still shouting "look at me Daddy! Look at me!" well into your 30's. Maybe that's the difference - I know several beautiful, intelligent women - who are nuttier than a focking fruitcake and insecure as a 12 YO. Well balanced women don't need to - nor want to - be ogled by thousands while wearing a monkey suit - for $40.

3. Pathetic is having to prance around in a little outfit shaking pompoms and stressing over whether you pushed your axx out far enough on that last routine.

Are there a few exceptions to the rule? Sure thing. But when the actual stressors in your job are whether your make up is too heavy and whether or not you really "popped" your butt on that last move - It's pretty damn pathetic.

Interesting point of view. My daugther just turned 18 has moved to NYC to pursue a modeling career. I would've rather seen her go to college, but it wasn't in the cards. She's got the right look, height, etc, to be successful and has actually started doing well there. Good for her. Sort of.

Unfortunately, I saw first hand just how twisted a person can get when their whole life revolves around their looks. In this case, my ex was pretty twisted to begin with, but that's beside the point. Now my daughter is following in her foot steps.

Hopefully, she'll stay grounded, but I don't have high hopes for that. She has already developed a way of looking at the world that isn't entirely healthy IMO. Of course, her views are heavily influenced by her lunatic mother.

My hope now is that she pockets some cash, sees that world for what it is, gets out while she's young and goes on to pursue something else. Almost anything else really.

No can sizes, and no pics. Don't even ask.

If your wife makes you watch Project Runway, then you saw her in a blue dress modeling for the dude with all the tattoos. If you missed it, too bad. Supposedely, she's in some editorial spread for Vogue next month.

1. No, you're the idiot for not getting the most basic of concepts; The exception of a few proves the rule.

2. You gotta be fairly stupid if you think that you can't be 'successful' in a career and still be an insecure little attention whoore still shouting "look at me Daddy! Look at me!" well into your 30's. Maybe that's the difference - I know several beautiful, intelligent women - who are nuttier than a focking fruitcake and insecure as a 12 YO. Well balanced women don't need to - nor want to - be ogled by thousands while wearing a monkey suit - for $40.

3. Pathetic is having to prance around in a little outfit shaking pompoms and stressing over whether you pushed your axx out far enough on that last routine.

Are there a few exceptions to the rule? Sure thing. But when the actual stressors in your job are whether your make up is too heavy and whether or not you really "popped" your butt on that last move - It's pretty damn pathetic.

The exception proves the rule? Ah yes, yet another cliche generalization. By the same token you must agree with the statement, "minorities are poor"?

I cited some of their careers as evidence to the contrary that they're stuck in a high school mindset, I wasn't talking about them being insecure... so you're an expert on well balanced women? Based on your statements and contempt for cheerleaders, I suspect that you have some women issues, and are not well balanced yourself.

Your argument that cheerleaders are insecure because they put themselves on a stage in front of a large audience is the dumbest focking thing I've ever heard. The same argument can be made for musicians or any other perfoming artist, as well as athletes.

Their stressors go far beyond their makeup and how far their ass sticks out. Oh, I don't know, like dance routine timing.

I imagine you have contempt for cheerleaders (or something they remind you of) based on some major issues from your past you've yet to deal with. They enjoy what they do, they support the team (just as you do from the stands), and they do a lot of good for the community. Who cares what they do in their personal lives? Male athletes are notorious for infidelity; do you paint them all with the same brush?

You're a ###### tool.

If your wife makes you watch Project Runway, then you saw her in a blue dress modeling for the dude with all the tattoos.

Solid blue, or blue with pattern?

Solid blue, or blue with pattern?

Solid Blue

I'm a successful young attorney from Boston. Geek meet with your daughter? :lol:

I'll give her your number.

Are you listed under Q Lazzurus, Burt, or CurlyNight?

Interesting point of view. My daugther just turned 18 has moved to NYC to pursue a modeling career. I would've rather seen her go to college, but it wasn't in the cards. She's got the right look, height, etc, to be successful and has actually started doing well there. Good for her. Sort of.

Unfortunately, I saw first hand just how twisted a person can get when their whole life revolves around their looks. In this case, my ex was pretty twisted to begin with, but that's beside the point. Now my daughter is following in her foot steps.

Hopefully, she'll stay grounded, but I don't have high hopes for that. She has already developed a way of looking at the world that isn't entirely healthy IMO. Of course, her views are heavily influenced by her lunatic mother.

My hope now is that she pockets some cash, sees that world for what it is, gets out while she's young and goes on to pursue something else. Almost anything else really.

No can sizes, and no pics. Don't even ask.

If your wife makes you watch Project Runway, then you saw her in a blue dress modeling for the dude with all the tattoos. If you missed it, too bad. Supposedely, she's in some editorial spread for Vogue next month.

This could be obvious to say, but talk to her. You probably have but just incase you haven't, share what you wrote here and explain what that unhealthy view is vs. a healthy one, don't underestimate the effect of your words. With my Dad, even when it looks like I'm not taking his input to heart, it does get through. It might take time for it to seem like it, but it's not wasted. It does sound like she's making it. Just being part of a spread in Vogue is :banana: for an aspiring model, she has what it takes so she'll likely be in it for a while.

It's mostly a resume and exposure thing to boost a modeling career.

ding ding ding

This could be obvious to say, but talk to her. You probably have but just incase you haven't, share what you wrote here and explain what that unhealthy view is vs. a healthy one, don't underestimate the effect of your words. With my Dad, even when it looks like I'm not taking his input to heart, it does get through. It might take time for it to seem like it, but it's not wasted. It does sound like she's making it. Just being part of a spread in Vogue is :banana: for an aspiring model, she has what it takes so she'll likely be in it for a while.

Yeah, she knows how I feel about it, and was not receptive when I tried to talk to her. The situation is pretty outta hand and has been for some time. I suppose you could call us estranged. The only recent calls she's made to me were about her health insurance, etc.

For awhile, I had hoped that once she reached a certain age, and began to think for herself, that she and I could resume some sorta normal relationship. That hasn't occurred yet, and doesn't look likely while she's so closely attached to her mother. Life goes on.