Sign in to follow this  
MurOh

Tim Hardaway

ESPN just played a clip of Hardaway on Dan LeBatard's show and asked him what he thought about gays in the locker room. He said he's homophobic and at one point said "I hate gay people." He won't have to worry about getting a job with ABC or ESPN. You think ESPN will replay this at all during the week?

ya know what? I'm totally ok with him hating gay people. Last I checked, he's entitled to his opinion.

You know, for one this whole, "marginal NBA player comes out of the closet" story has been rendered moot because word is he's writing a book. Now it's one thing if the big fruity bastard is coming out because he's taking a personal stand or something important...but the reality is that if he were a superstar he would still be in the closet. At least that's the thought that leaps to mind on hearing about his book deal.

For two, I am getting more than a little tired of the righteous indignation that people are wearing like a cheap suit every time something like this happens. Like the recent actor on TV who uttered a slur against gays - big focking deal. He's going to lose his job over it? My god - what has the world come to.

Why is it that we've become this bleeding heart nation of pvssies? Must we cater to every minority group that strongarms politicians with a vote, regardless of how not normal they are?

Yeah, I said it - gay isn't normal. Sorry if that offends anyone, but I am just not progressive enough to consider butt sex between men to be "normal" - in fact, I find it to be a far focking cry from "normal".

Back to the basketball player, they interviewed a bunch of players immediately after he came out...makes for great ratings to stick a microphone in the face of an NBA player, model citizens that they are, and ask them how they feel about homosexuality. And the irony is that the majority of responses were pretty advanced, if less than eloquent. The harshest response prior to Hardaway's was a guy saying, "so long as he's a good teammate and an honest person, I don't care what he does off the court - long as he doesn't bring his gayness around me."

I thought that was pretty normal and not bigoted at all. He's saying, in a nutshell, each to his own and mind your own business. But since that was the "worst" they had, they kept playing it over and again, and using it for talk radio banter.

So now we've got Hardaway - good for him if he hates Gays. That's his right. And you know what? I'm pretty sick of people treating me like *I'm* the assh0le for thinking that it's ok for Hardaway to hate gay people. Hell, I'm not particularly fond of them myself - I tollerate them because I'm not a bigot, but I pretty much feel exactly like the guy who said that he's ok with him so long as he keeps his gayness away.

Hrm...maybe I am a bigot - I thought I was apathetic and tollerant.

And hey, it's better than saying that I think gays should be beaten to death with a hammer? :banana:

:banana:

I used to like him...what an ass.

you like Hardaway's ass that much? :mad:

do me a favor and keep your gayness away from me, ok?

thanks. :banana:

didn't even need to "fix" it. 

:lol:

ya know what? I'm totally ok with him hating gay people. Last I checked, he's entitled to his opinion.

do you want to be my valentine

Yeah well, even if Tim was employed by ESPN/ABC all he would get from that is a slap on the wrist as long as he said he was sorry.

The black guy Washington who is apart of the cast on Grey's Anatomy got away with it when he called his gay co-star a ###### at the Golden Globes last month. The negro should've been fired and if a white guy on the cast made the same reference he did in front of millions...he'd be gone.

I used to like him...what an ass.

So you dont like him anymore because he doesnt agree with you on this particular topic? He has a right not to like them just like you have a right to blow them. How "tolerant" and open minded you are. Anyone see the irony here?

I never understood why anyone would have a problem with gay people. Like Louis CK said, unless they are on your front lawn blowing each other, who are they harming.

"God damn you fagggots!!! Always blowing each other when I am trying to mow the lawn."

I never understood why anyone would have a problem with gay people. Like Louis CK said, unless they are on your front lawn blowing each other, who are they harming.

"God damn you fagggots!!! Always blowing each other when I am trying to mow the lawn."

I dont have a problem with them personally, I'm not a fan of how over the top alot of them seem to be. That very sarcastic, flamboyant attitude gets on my nerves and I cant seem to figure out how they get that "gay accent". Im sure you know what i mean by that.

People arent allowed to go around beating up gay people but they still have the right not to like them if they choose.

espn :mad:

it's pretty focking ridiculous that espn is always trying to be the moral compass for the world these days. oh and i'm sure the coverage this story gets doesn't have anything to do with who published amechie's book.

Guys it is not cool to say you hate people. Man if somebody came out and said I hate black people or used the N word they are cast out of society. Look what happened to Kramer after his hate talk.

I think you just have to look at whatever part of society you are if someone starts throwing words around like hate in reference to your group or how you identify yourself it is going to piss you off.

Tim gave his opinion and that is his opinion and he is entitled to it. But hating anybody because they are black, gay, muslim, white etc. is just wrong.

Hate someone for what they think or say. Like say if you wanted to hate Tim Hardaway now or Football Scooter or some of the other idiots who have posted this thread supporting that hate go for it.

Hell hate me if you disagree. But base your hate on knowledge of that person and not a stereotype or apply that hate to a group.

Yeah, I said it - gay isn't normal. Sorry if that offends anyone, but I am just not progressive enough to consider butt sex between men to be "normal" - in fact, I find it to be a far focking cry from "normal".

What about buttsex between a man and a woman?

Cincinatti Bowtie?

Cleveland steamer??

How "normal" are these?

:first:

I'd say that most of us just don't care about hom0s. Those that do -- gocolts, haggard, foley -- are usually closet pole smokers themselves.

Life's too short to hate anybody because of who they are attracted to. Unless you are reeeeally insecure....

.....or a closet hom0 yourself

What about buttsex between a man and a woman?

Cincinatti Bowtie?

Cleveland steamer??

How "normal" are these?

:first:

I'd say that most of us just don't care about hom0s. Those that do -- gocolts, haggard, foley -- are usually closet pole smokers themselves.

Life's too short to hate anybody because of who they are attracted to. Unless you are reeeeally insecure....

.....or a closet hom0 yourself

Spoken like a true phag. :wacko:

I feel safe when my boyfriend holds me in his arms. I let down my guard and let him into my stinkhole because he is everything I want in a man. Please, everybody, let's all get along. Life is to short to hate someone who likes to smoke cack.

I could care less what homosexuals do, but it does annoy me that people (i.e. Hollywood) try and make it seem "cool" to be gay.

This is going to ruin my day of listening to ESPN radio. Can't wait for Dan Patrick to get on his soapbox.

This is going to ruin my day of listening to ESPN radio. Can't wait for Dan Patrick to get on his soapbox.

no doubt that they're going to devote at least the rest of week to this story.

Here's my take on this:

1. An athlete should be able to say that he wouldn't like having a gay teammate and that he is uncomfortable with it without ANY criticism from the media. It's ridiculous how the media attempts to imply that everyone must embrace h0mosexuality.

2. LeBatard called Hardaway a "homophobe" and a "bigot" after the above statements were made.....he was later proved right in this case, but he pulled the homophobe & bigot cards out awfully quickly as the national media and ESPN in particular tend to do.

3. Hardaway jumped the shark when expressed his "hate" for gay people. He's entitled to that stance, but I think it warrants a stern response. It was a bigoted remark. It expressed hate for a person based upon sexual behavior. It is one thing to disapprove or even be disgusted by hom0sexual behavior...quite another to allow that to turn into hate for the person.

4. ESPN's attempts at defining morality for everyone started back around 9/11 and it hasn't stopped since. Tim Hardaway says he hates gay people and I think less of him for that statement, but it's not front page news. Everything else he said up until that point was fine. But, LeBatard was attacking the idea that he was uncomfortable with a gay teammate. Why is that so morally wrong? It's not wrong to be uncomfortable with something. If Hardaway had cut his comments short, it still would've gotten air from ESPN because if an athlete doesn't celebrate h0m0sexuality, he gets labeled in this PC culture.

Hardaway's latter comments are indefensible. Hate for other people serves no positive purpose in this world. His initial comments, however, were honest and shouldn't be attacked, IMO.

Here's my take on this:

1. An athlete should be able to say that he wouldn't like having a gay teammate and that he is uncomfortable with it without ANY criticism from the media. It's ridiculous how the media attempts to imply that everyone must embrace h0mosexuality.

2. LeBatard called Hardaway a "homophobe" and a "bigot" after the above statements were made.....he was later proved right in this case, but he pulled the homophobe & bigot cards out awfully quickly as the national media and ESPN in particular tend to do.

3. Hardaway jumped the shark when expressed his "hate" for gay people. He's entitled to that stance, but I think it warrants a stern response. It was a bigoted remark. It expressed hate for a person based upon sexual behavior. It is one thing to disapprove or even be disgusted by hom0sexual behavior...quite another to allow that to turn into hate for the person.

4. ESPN's attempts at defining morality for everyone started back around 9/11 and it hasn't stopped since. Tim Hardaway says he hates gay people and I think less of him for that statement, but it's not front page news. Everything else he said up until that point was fine. But, LeBatard was attacking the idea that he was uncomfortable with a gay teammate. Why is that so morally wrong? It's not wrong to be uncomfortable with something. If Hardaway had cut his comments short, it still would've gotten air from ESPN because if an athlete doesn't celebrate h0m0sexuality, he gets labeled in this PC culture.

Hardaway's latter comments are indefensible. Hate for other people serves no positive purpose in this world. His initial comments, however, were honest and shouldn't be attacked, IMO.

:shocking:

Spoken like a true northern Wisconsin hillbilly :wacko:

Still spoken like a phag. :shocking:

You should have came to one of the shows last weekend. I was only like an hour away from you (Rockford, IL and Milwaukee).

When I was watching Sportscenter last night and they put the interview on they gave a bit of a warning that what you're going to hear will be surprising. When LeBatard started his question I thought Hardaway was going to come out and say he was gay.

I'm sure Sportscenter will beat this to death, but if it cuts into Nascar time, I'm all for it. :shocking:

Here's my take on this:

I'm not reading all this, i hate people who ramble

Spoken like a true phag. :thumbsdown:

Hey, donhaas looks very masculine in his salmon-colored shirts.

Still spoken like a phag. :wacko:

You should have came to one of the shows last weekend. I was only like an hour away from you (Rockford, IL and Milwaukee).

It's going to take a little more for me to voyage to the Camaro Capitol/Armpit of America or the decaying, declining, crime-ridden city where Fonzie used to live.

The terrible thing is that you have to pass through the greatest city on earth to get to either of these places, yet no comedy gigs. :wall:

http://www.madisoncomedy.com/index.php

send your "agent" this link...

I will bring a crowd and we will laugh no matter how unfunny you are. :thumbsdown:

Whether you share his opinion or not, you have to think this guy is a complete idiot. He's in a PR-driven bidness. I'm sure the 'mos could care less what he thinks, but this idiot just shot himself in the foot in terms of getting any endorsement deals ever again.

Look, you're not a construction worker, you're a representative of your team and the NBA. Yes, everyone has a 'right' to an opinion, but when you have a job like that - or any publicity driven job - STFUP and keep it to yourself.

Gotta wonder if maybe he was drunk or something.

Whether you share his opinion or not, you have to think this guy is a complete idiot. He's in a PR-driven bidness. I'm sure the 'mos could care less what he thinks, but this idiot just shot himself in the foot in terms of getting any endorsement deals ever again.

Look, you're not a construction worker, you're a representative of your team and the NBA. Yes, everyone has a 'right' to an opinion, but when you have a job like that - or any publicity driven job - STFUP and keep it to yourself.

Well, the interview was initially about something totally different- LeBatard threw that in at the last minute. But, no argument on your point. If he's looking to continue making money via endorsements, it showed some real stupidity.

Again, though, I think it's ridiculous that LeBatard took him to task on his opening statements- it should be o.k. for a person to express that he wouldn't generally like having a gay teammate. After that, however, LeBatard didn't have to do anything...Hardaway's words kind of told all.

I'm pretty sick of people treating me like *I'm* the assh0le for thinking that it's ok for Hardaway to hate gay people.

Actually, I think that's pretty far down the list of reasons people think you're an asshole. Just sayin.

Isn't Tim Hardaway retired? He doesn't represent anyone but his own ignorant ass.

Isn't Tim Hardaway retired? He doesn't represent anyone but his own ignorant ass.

Then go ahead, hate away! :thumbsup:

Hey, donhaas looks very masculine in his salmon-colored shirts.

Nothing looks masculine in salmon color. Even male salmon look prissy.

Hardaway is a bigot and was exposed as such. If you are a bigot, then they won't generally hire you for work as a broadcaster. This can be a kiss of death in that regard, although there are certainly exceptions.

You folks can say that he has a right to say that all you want, but the reality is that if I said that during a board meeting, I would be on my way out the door or at least in HR hell.

There are certainly situations where political correctness has gone WAY too far. This is not one of them.