Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Lions trade Bly to Broncos for the Tater, Foster and 5th

Thats gonna be a sick secondary in Denver, and hopefully create a clear cut choice for the Denver RB situation? :banana:

Bronc's paid a steep price, but now have a 2ndary that God hisself would want to throw into. Damn.

Hate to speak ill of the dead, but replacing Williams with Bly is like replacing aluminum with gold. Excellent upgrade.

:banana:

Still seems like teams should get some kind of compensatory piick if their player is gunned down in a drive-by.

the broncos gave up too much :banana:

:banana:

... and hopefully create a clear cut choice for the Denver RB situation? :banana:

unpossible

skeletor will draft 6 RB and sign 2 more in FA if he has to. whatever must be done to Fock with us in the FF world.

Damn you Shanny :banana:

Isn't Bly getting old? It seems like he has been around for a long time.

Yeah he's getting up there. I'd rather have a 2nd rounder then Tater.

I don't know anything about foster other than he was their starting RT. Can any 'cos fans fill me in?

as an owner of both bells on my roster in a 20 team dynasty fantasy league where RBs are gold....

:pointstosky: Yahtzee :pointstosky:

take all of 07 off, KJ ;)

:pointstosky:

I just read in this morning's paper that the Redskins were interested in Bly. Oh well.

You can sure as hell bet that Foster and Bell are ecstatic to be traded from Denver.

Broncos are dropping like flies these days.

Great deal for Denver.

A fifth rounder is, basically, like signing an undrafted free agent. No big loss there. Foster is alright, but if Lepsis comes back, he wouldn't be a starter. Tatum has had three years to prove himself and simply can't keep the starters job, even when everyone in Denver wants him to be able to. He'll take on the same role in Detroit, a home run hitter, change of pace back.

Deals like this are the reason that Denver never has a bad team.

Great deal for Denver.

A fifth rounder is, basically, like signing an undrafted free agent. No big loss there. Foster is alright, but if Lepsis comes back, he wouldn't be a starter. Tatum has had three years to prove himself and simply can't keep the starters job, even when everyone in Denver wants him to be able to. He'll take on the same role in Detroit, a home run hitter, change of pace back.

Deals like this are the reason that Denver never has a bad team.

Exactly

Interesting that both of their CB's were traded for w/ RB's....

yep he thinks he cam just plug in anyone he wants back there

So far he's been right :ninja:

So far he's been right :angry:

i don't know, their running game wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire last year.

You can sure as hell bet that Foster and Bell are ecstatic to be traded from Denver.

Broncos are dropping like flies these days.

Now that they're out of Denver, they may not die, but in Detroit, their careers sure will.

i don't know, their running game wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire last year.

Denver was 8th in the NFL in rushing for 06. They averaged 4.4 ypc; 9th best in the NFL. 5th most runs of 20+ yards.

He pretty much can.

Matt Millen is always in the hunt for that coveted #1 overall pick but he can never quite get it in his grasp. I think he may have made a deal to get it firmly in his grasp for next year.

That means we won't be taking peterson. Really we should draft C. Johnson. I hate to say it but the kid is blazing fast and is actually a good kid. Everyone would make a big joke out of it till him and ROY started shredding people every game. With a WR corps of Johnson,ROY and the Great white hype as the slot it would be a real mike martz offense.

That means we won't be taking peterson. Really we should draft C. Johnson. I hate to say it but the kid is blazing fast and is actually a good kid. Everyone would make a big joke out of it till him and ROY started shredding people every game. With a WR corps of Johnson,ROY and the Great white hype as the slot it would be a real mike martz offense.

If only we could get Kurt Warner to lead it...

Hate to speak ill of the dead, but replacing Williams with Bly is like replacing aluminum with gold. Excellent upgrade.

I like Bly a lot as a #2 CB but disagree with this a little. Darrent was the best #2 corner Denver has ever had. Shanahan doesn't fawn too much over players, but he fawned over Darrent. He was good. :cheers:

:twak:

Denver was 8th in the NFL in rushing for 06. They averaged 4.4 ypc; 9th best in the NFL. 5th most runs of 20+ yards.

yeah, that's only because they totally commit to the run but they were 21st overall in total offense. i owned tatum and mike last year...they had their moments but the dominant denver running game wasn't there last year.

A Denver sportscaster brought up a good point last night, that is, you wouldn't want to be Denver's leading rusher this year. 4 years in a row, the teams leading rusher has been traded or let go in the off season. That has to be some sort of record.. :banana: