Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Toddler nailed during football game.

Dunno if you guys saw the vid. It's on foxnews.com right now. Pretty scary.

FT. COLLINS, CO -- A Colorado toddler will have quite a tale to tell his friends on the playground this week.

The 4-year-old is recovering at home after being crushed by a Colorado State football player during an exhibition game on Saturday.

Caden Thomas was playing on the sidelines when wide receiver George Hill caught a touchdown pass from quarterback Caleb Hanie.

Hill's momentum carried him into Caden and the padded concrete stadium wall.

Caden's father, Mike, said Caden was among the throngs of kids playing on the sidelines as part of a kids' festival on the north concourse.

Caden initially was treated by CSU trainer Terry DeZeeuw and team doctor Sean Grey.

Neurological exams were normal, so the family opted to take Caden to the hospital on their own, Thomas said.

After a visit to the emergency room, Caden was taken to the operating room to be stitched up by a plastic surgeon.

"He will have a scar to rival Harry Potter," Thomas said.

Tests showed no skull fracture or other trauma beyond the cut on his head.

Caden was released from the hospital Saturday night, and his parents woke him up every hour to check for signs of concussion or other injuries.

Caden received a signed CSU football and got a call from coach Sonny Lubick on Sunday.

"We had a nice little talk, and he had a nice little talk with Caden," Thomas said.

"I imagine there were 3,000 to 4,000 people there who want to know how he is doing," Thomas said.

WTF?? WTF would you have a toddler wandering around during a football game?? Who the hell thought this was a good idea?? :banana:

I'll bet anyone here ten bucks the parents of that toddler sue the school.

oh, i thought this was going to be another hot teacher caught sleeping with her student thread. :banana:

It's a miracle that kid didn't get badly injured, given the way his head collided with the football player's helmet.

I guess evolution designed kids to be a little more flexible and resiliant, than adults.

Hey, if you're gonna go across the middle, you've got to expect to get hit! :banana:

Notice how the parent was not very close either? I say the school should make sure a child endangerment suit is filed before the negligent parents have the chance to sue the school first in the newspapers.

Next:

"NASCAR presents the children's learning pavillion - located right next to pit row!"

Oh wow, the parents weren't even close to that kid, either!!!

You'd think that they wouldn't have some kind of toddler thing going on the same day that they are having an exhibition game.

:angry: to the parents AND to the focktards who scheduled both events on the same day.

Had that been a Philthydelphia Eagles or Kansass Titty Chiefs receiver, running into that kid would have been like hitting a brick wall.

Had that been a Philthydelphia Eagles or Kansass Titty Chiefs receiver, running into that kid would have been like hitting a brick wall.

and the crowd would have cheered and threw snowballs at the kid. :thumbsup:

it was actually a TD. :thumbsup:

a TD happens to always count as a 1st down, even if it was 1st and goal from the 1.

little known fact.

at least it does in the NFL. not sure about college. :thumbsup:

I think that little kid stripped the ball of the WR, the Packers should put him on the draft board!

As an alum of that college all I have to say is that they should put that kid on scholarship, that's as good of coverage as most of the db's play..

Also, :thumbsdown:

that WR acted fast though... i mean he handed the kid over right away...

There's no crying in football. :P

unless you're a detroit lions fan

Kid, player and parents were on the Today Show this morning. Parents were interviewed, and mom characterized it as "an accident" and had many positive things to say about CSU. If the school plays this right, there will be no lawsuit. Of course, the parents will have lawyers getting in their ears about this.