Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Game Cancelled

So every Sat/Sun I coach a club lacrosse team in the morning, then officate in the afternoon.

Today we get up there and the opposing team is short on players, no problem, I offer up one of mine so the kids can play. The other coach gets agitated by my suggestion and storms off, with his kids in tow. :huh: :wub:

I am like WTF? This is not THAT uncommon this time of year when tournaments are firing up and kids dog their regular games to get into a tournament somewhere.

So this ass shuts down the entire operation for the kids, parents and doesn't even offer up any coin to the refs for at least showing.

This is pretty egregious in a sport where teams will give the ball to an opposing team when the official makes a bad call :bench:

Terrible

T's & P's

You're the one who went over the line. I would have left too. You need a lesson in unwritten rules.

:P not cool :banana:

You should have allowed the fatass opposing coach to step in and play on his own team and laughed when he died of a coronary right there on the field.

:P

Guest tiki_gods

Don't talk sh!t about Megla like that!

You're the one who went over the line. I would have left too. You need a lesson in unwritten rules.

:shocking: not cool :mad:

What the hell are you talking about. We'd always loan a player to an opposing team in 12 year old little league.

What the hell are you talking about. We'd always loan a player to an opposing team in 12 year old little league.

unbelievable. no consideration for the children. might as well have dodgeball practice against kids without arms. :shocking:

unbelievable. no consideration for the children. might as well have dodgeball practice against kids without arms. :shocking:

WTF :mad:

WTF :wub:

It's like volunteering to teach poor 3rd world one-legged kids how to play kickball and then laughing at them.

:shocking: you disgust me, sir :mad:

that's weird... i have no experience with lacrosse... but in little league baseball the same thing often happened in rec leagues... the other team is a few players short then they can take a player or two... i mean it's just for fun... and you learn things about the game when you are that young...

Why didn't he just play a man short? :ninja:

I know!!!

I would have dropped a player and changed the rotation and what not. The guy was just an arse I swear.

Around these parts lacrosse is what football is to Texas, so you have plenty of coaches who seem a little "edgy". I am thinking there was just too much pride at work here. We could have, should have, worked it out so the kids could just play.

Here it is almost midnight and I am still fuming over it, which is just dumb.... :dunno:

So every Sat/Sun I coach a club lacrosse team in the morning, then officate in the afternoon.

Today we get up there and the opposing team is short on players, no problem, I offer up one of mine so the kids can play. The other coach gets agitated by my suggestion and storms off, with his kids in tow. :huh: :banana:

I am like WTF? This is not THAT uncommon this time of year when tournaments are firing up and kids dog their regular games to get into a tournament somewhere.

So this ass shuts down the entire operation for the kids, parents and doesn't even offer up any coin to the refs for at least showing.

This is pretty egregious in a sport where teams will give the ball to an opposing team when the official makes a bad call :banana:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2007/May/20070515Spor016.asp :banana:

lacrosse?

It's only "popular" in the northeast, primarily in NY, Conn, Md and Va. But around here, it is wildly popular.... :banana:

It's like volunteering to teach poor 3rd world one-legged kids how to play kickball and then laughing at them.

:banana: you disgust me, sir :banana:

:wacko:

As has been mentioned by everybody else- when this happened in Little League or whatever when I was a kid, the short team would forfeit and the team with a full compliment would give them a kid and we'd play for fun.

I mean this is real, real standard practice and it's amazing the other coach didn't know the etiquette of it.

Guest tiki_gods

lacrosse?

Native American tennis, hockey, and soccer all rolled into one. :D

As has been mentioned by everybody else- when this happened in Little League or whatever when I was a kid, the short team would forfeit and the team with a full compliment would give them a kid and we'd play for fun.

I mean this is real, real standard practice and it's amazing the other coach didn't know the etiquette of it.

Yeah. Very unusual. I am going to craft a letter to the league commish suggesting that he add "etiquette" to the list of pre-season coach training classes they hold. :D