Sign in to follow this  
fastfish

breaking news on Vick

Speaking of worthless updates; this just in:

Sources close to Michael Vick are alledging that Mike actually thinks of himself as an NFL caliber quarterback. Vick and Falcons owner Arthur Blank were unavailable to substantiate the rumor but local Falcons fans called the rumor 'absurd'.

Also, local Virginia Real Estate mogul Hugh G. Wrection stated that the new owner of the house is a gynecologist named Ron Mexico who plans to turn it into a shelter for unwed mothers complete with a free health clinic.

NFL Network, in their "news" segment, referenced the above SI report as their lead story....seems Vick is back in the mainstream spotlight. They also added that animal rights groups are "clamoring for action" on this case. As I said earlier, you can hit your woman and still play in the NFL...but ya can't hurt dogs on purpose and play. That's just reality when it comes to the emotional response towards abusing dogs.

People have told investigators that Michael Vick was involved in a dogfighting operation at a house he owns in Surry County, the sheriff said Wednesday, and Vick will be charged if investigators can find evidence backing those claims.

Sheriff Harold D. Brown, who is leading the investigation, said he hopes members of a task force that have been gathering evidence in the case can meet by sometime next week to see how credible the evidence is and how best to proceed. At least one of those informants wrote from a prison in South Carolina.

"People are saying that he was there, Michael Vick was at the residence, and that he was involved," Brown said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "I don't want to get into details of the case right now, but that's what we're looking at. If he was there, then we're going to charge him, also."

They might not even charge him at this point! :thumbsdown:

This reads like they aren't taking testimonial accounts as evidence, but want hard evidence of him being at a dog fight. I guess since most of the people coming forward are convicts they don't want to put them on the stand.

They might not even charge him at this point! :thumbsdown:

This reads like they aren't taking testimonial accounts as evidence, but want hard evidence of him being at a dog fight. I guess since most of the people coming forward are convicts they don't want to put them on the stand.

Vick's mom is faithful to the end.

Vick's mom is faithful to the end.

I want to see the guy go down. I think it's an interesting story if he does, but me wishing he goes down doesn't mean I'm going to turn blinders on to the world and assume something is going to happen that won't happen.

i didnt feel like reading six pages but my opinion anyway.....

pacman jones is an angel compared to Vick

and Daunte Culpepper will be ATL's next QB

thank you

Investigators searching Vick's property...Published Thu Jun 7 4:40:00 p.m. ET 2007(Rotoworld) ------>WAVY is reporting that investigators are currently searching Michael Vick's former property in Virginia.-------->Impact: The investigation is likely to search for up to thirty dog carcasses believed to be buried on the property. The prosecution in the case is getting a lot of criticism for taking their time, but perhaps they're now ready to take action.

i didnt feel like reading six pages but my opinion anyway.....

pacman jones is an angel compared to Vick

and Daunte Culpepper will be ATL's next QB

thank you

so Harrington will be started for an injured CPep by week 4 for ATL this year instead of MIA?? that would be ironic...

Investigators searching Vick's property...Published Thu Jun 7 4:40:00 p.m. ET 2007(Rotoworld) ------>WAVY is reporting that investigators are currently searching Michael Vick's former property in Virginia.-------->Impact: The investigation is likely to search for up to thirty dog carcasses believed to be buried on the property. The prosecution in the case is getting a lot of criticism for taking their time, but perhaps they're now ready to take action.

bought time... honestly, i hope they don't find any... but when they do, i hope Vick gets real cozy w/ the thought of being Bubba's b!tch.

so Harrington will be started for an injured CPep by week 4 for ATL this year instead of MIA?? that would be ironic...

bought time... honestly, i hope they don't find any... but when they do, i hope Vick gets real cozy w/ the thought of being Bubba's b!tch.

it's nice to think of this punk in jail but I'd settle for his NFL career being damaged beyond repair. Because without the NFL, what is Vick but Ron Mexico...a man headed to jail in any event because he belongs there courtesy of his inherent dog abusing nature.

It's only a matter of time before the left-wing conspiracy of all this comes to light.

NFL Network just gave new and stunning details...the search on Vick's property is being done under a FEDERAL search warrant that went over the local prosectors head. And the prosecutor is saying he is "perplexed" by the Feds interest in the case and says someone in the Fed agency is trying to "make their bones" in this case. Up until now, I've believed this Va. guy Poindexter was just being careful...but with this news, it seems clear he is a dirty pawn of Vick's money and is resisting the prosecution of this case.

Feds search Vick's property in dogfighting investigation

By HANK KURZ Jr. - AP Sports Writer

2007-06-07 17:48

SURRY, Va. (AP) - Federal law enforcement officials descended on a home owned by Michael Vick on Thursday armed with a search warrant that suggests they're taking over an investigation into the Falcons quarterback's possible involvement in dogfighting.

More than a dozen vehicles went to the home early in the afternoon and investigators searched inside before turning their attention to the area where officials found dozens of dogs in late April and evidence that suggested the home was involved in a dogfighting operation.

Surry County officials had secured a search warrant in late May based on an informant's information to look for as many as 30 dog carcasses buried on the property. The warrant never was executed because Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald G. Poindexter said he had issues with the way it was worded.

That search warrant expired Thursday.

``What is foreign to me is the federal government getting into a dogfighting case,'' Poindexter said. ``I know it's been done, but what's driving this? Is it this boy's celebrity? Would they have done this if it wasn't Michael Vick?''

Poindexter said he was ``absolutely floored'' that federal officials got involved, and that he believes he and Sheriff Harold D. Brown handled the investigation properly.

``Apparently these people want it,'' Poindexter said. ``They want it, and I don't believe they want it because of the serious criminal consequences involved. ... They want it because Michael Vick may be involved.''

Poindexter said he found out about a sealed search warrant filed in the U.S. Attorney's office about the time federal investigators executed it Thursday.

State police assisted investigators from the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Attorney's office in executing the warrant, Virginia State Police Sgt. D.S. Carr said, declining to comment further.

The U.S. Attorney's office would not confirm a search warrant was filed.

During an April 25 drug raid on the home Vick owns in the county, authorities seized 66 dogs, including 55 pit bulls, and equipment that suggested someone at the property was involved in a dogfighting operation.

A search warrant affidavit said some of the dogs were in individual kennels and about 30 were tethered with ``heavy logging-type chains'' buried in the ground. The chains allowed the dogs to get close to each other, but not to have contact, one of myriad findings on the property that suggested a dogfighting operation.

Others included a rape stand, used to hold non-receptive dogs in place for mating; an electric treadmill modified to be used by dogs; a ``pry bar'' used to open the clamped-down mouths of dogs; and a bloodied piece of carpeting the authorities believe was used in dog fights. Carpeting gives dogs traction in a plywood fighting pit.

Vick has claimed he rarely visits the home and was unaware it could be involved in a criminal enterprise. He also has blamed family members for taking advantage of his generosity. Vick's cousin, Davon Boddie, was living at the home at the time of the raids.

Vick, a registered dog breeder, has said in more recent interviews that his lawyers have advised him not to discuss the investigation.

Feds search Vick's property in dogfighting investigation

By HANK KURZ Jr. - AP Sports Writer

2007-06-07 17:48

SURRY, Va. (AP) - Federal law enforcement officials descended on a home owned by Michael Vick on Thursday armed with a search warrant that suggests they're taking over an investigation into the Falcons quarterback's possible involvement in dogfighting.

More than a dozen vehicles went to the home early in the afternoon and investigators searched inside before turning their attention to the area where officials found dozens of dogs in late April and evidence that suggested the home was involved in a dogfighting operation.

Surry County officials had secured a search warrant in late May based on an informant's information to look for as many as 30 dog carcasses buried on the property. The warrant never was executed because Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald G. Poindexter said he had issues with the way it was worded.

That search warrant expired Thursday.

``What is foreign to me is the federal government getting into a dogfighting case,'' Poindexter said. ``I know it's been done, but what's driving this? Is it this boy's celebrity? Would they have done this if it wasn't Michael Vick?''

Poindexter said he was ``absolutely floored'' that federal officials got involved, and that he believes he and Sheriff Harold D. Brown handled the investigation properly.

``Apparently these people want it,'' Poindexter said. ``They want it, and I don't believe they want it because of the serious criminal consequences involved. ... They want it because Michael Vick may be involved.''

Poindexter said he found out about a sealed search warrant filed in the U.S. Attorney's office about the time federal investigators executed it Thursday.

State police assisted investigators from the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Attorney's office in executing the warrant, Virginia State Police Sgt. D.S. Carr said, declining to comment further.

The U.S. Attorney's office would not confirm a search warrant was filed.

During an April 25 drug raid on the home Vick owns in the county, authorities seized 66 dogs, including 55 pit bulls, and equipment that suggested someone at the property was involved in a dogfighting operation.

A search warrant affidavit said some of the dogs were in individual kennels and about 30 were tethered with ``heavy logging-type chains'' buried in the ground. The chains allowed the dogs to get close to each other, but not to have contact, one of myriad findings on the property that suggested a dogfighting operation.

Others included a rape stand, used to hold non-receptive dogs in place for mating; an electric treadmill modified to be used by dogs; a ``pry bar'' used to open the clamped-down mouths of dogs; and a bloodied piece of carpeting the authorities believe was used in dog fights. Carpeting gives dogs traction in a plywood fighting pit.

Vick has claimed he rarely visits the home and was unaware it could be involved in a criminal enterprise. He also has blamed family members for taking advantage of his generosity. Vick's cousin, Davon Boddie, was living at the home at the time of the raids.

Vick, a registered dog breeder, has said in more recent interviews that his lawyers have advised him not to discuss the investigation.

Outstanding..Well done..awesome account of this paid off Va. prosecuter being pre-empted by Federal authority who had seen enough of his foot drag investigation. I'm betting that Vick's money in Poindexter's pocket will be the next focus of a Fed inquiry. Love this turn of events!!

Outstanding..Well done..awesome account of this paid off Va. prosecuter being pre-empted by Federal authority who had seen enough of his foot drag investigation. I'm betting that Vick's money in Poindexter's pocket will be the next focus of a Fed inquiry. Love this turn of events!!

This was my impression as well. Poindexter has come across, rightly or wrongly, as though he is in the pay of Mr. Vick, and it looks like the Feds think that there is something in the water that's stagnating the local investigation. This needed to happen. Poindexter spinning at this point makes him look more the fool. He should probably keep his mouth closed at this point.

:thumbsup: :banana:

Worth a double banana, I'd say. Bout focking time. I agree something seems amiss with the local law. Either on the take (from Vick or someone) or fearful of retribution of local/regional dog-fighting thugs. If Vick was betting 30k on a fight, I'd wager (no pun intended) that alot of other people's money was trading hands as well. Big business apparently and I'd say there's a pretty good chance of pissing some people off by going too deep in this investigation. People get killed for a hell of alot less these days. :headbanger:

**edit: Found this quote in an article from asshat Poindexter**

"There's a larger thing here, and it has nothing to do with any breach of protocol," Poindexter said. "There's something awful going on here. I don't know if it's racial. I don't know what it is."

Jesus Christ; a white guy just played the race card. Isn't that the seventh sign of the focking apocolypse?! Bring back Johnny Cochran (who may be buried out there with the dogs) to muddy the waters.

:banana: :wub:

Worth a double banana, I'd say. Bout focking time. I agree something seems amiss with the local law. Either on the take (from Vick or someone) or fearful of retribution of local/regional dog-fighting thugs. If Vick was betting 30k on a fight, I'd wager (no pun intended) that alot of other people's money was trading hands as well. Big business apparently and I'd say there's a pretty good chance of pissing some people off by going too deep in this investigation. People get killed for a hell of alot less these days. :thumbsup:

**edit: Found this quote in an article from asshat Poindexter**

"There's a larger thing here, and it has nothing to do with any breach of protocol," Poindexter said. "There's something awful going on here. I don't know if it's racial. I don't know what it is."

Jesus Christ; a white guy just played the race card. Isn't that the seventh sign of the focking apocolypse?! Bring back Johnny Cochran (who may be buried out there with the dogs) to muddy the waters.

:headbanger: He looks like a black dude to me: Picture of Poindexter

This was my impression as well. Poindexter has come across, rightly or wrongly, as though he is in the pay of Mr. Vick, and it looks like the Feds think that there is something in the water that's stagnating the local investigation. This needed to happen. Poindexter spinning at this point makes him look more the fool. He should probably keep his mouth closed at this point.

well if Vick was betting $30K per fight, someone else had to be on the other ends of those bets... which means there was definitely other big money involved somewhere - which was more than likely local...

I'm willing to bet the "burglaries" were the proverbial last straw to the Feds...

:headbanger: He looks like a black dude to me: Picture of Poindexter

Damn; I stand corrected. :banana: A little anglo stereotyping of the name Poindexter on my part. Well, I guess the argument could be made that the reason he (Poindexter) didn't pursue the active search warrant was because it was a black guy involved. Can the race card be played both ways or is that taboo? :thumbsup:

So the lawyer is flabbergasted and shocked that the feds got involved? He speculates that it's because "the boy" is wealthy? Then he speculates that it's because he's black?

So he gets to play both the clasism card and the racism card in one fell swoop?

Wow. What an asstool.

Here's a tip, Poindexter...the Feds got involved, (stick with me here) because running an illegal gambling operation is a focking federal offense!

:cry:

One thing this does tell me though....the louder the spin, the deeper the guilt. If the lawyer was out there saying, "my client had nothing to do with dogfighting, and we can prove that beyond a reasonable doubt." and ended the press conference there, I'd think Vick was innocent.

But instead he comes out with this racism or is it because he's wealthy? Or is it some bizarre ethno-clasism thing? They hate him because he's a wealthy negro? My god, where will it end. This screams "guilty" to me - it's all such a smokescreen.

I actually don't want anything to happen to Vick, for my own 7th round selfish fantasy purposes. But IMO Vick is toast. If you take Vick in any league this year before the end results of this are known, you have balls of granite. And if any of these allegations stick, I don't know if he'll ever play in the NFL again. Seriously. This commish will make him an example for the league. I have no doubt about that.

So the lawyer is flabbergasted and shocked that the feds got involved? He speculates that it's because "the boy" is wealthy? Then he speculates that it's because he's black?

Wow. What an asstool.

Here's a tip, Poindexter...the Feds got involved, (stick with me here) because running an illegal gambling operation is a focking federal offense!

;)

One thing this does tell me though....the louder the spin, the deeper the guilt. If the lawyer was out there saying, "my client had nothing to do with dogfighting, and we can prove that beyond a reasonable doubt." and ended the press conference there, I'd think Vick was innocent.

But instead he comes out with this racism or is it because he's wealthy? Or is it some bizarre ethno-clasism thing? They hate him because he's a wealthy negro? My god, where will it end. This screams "guilty" to me - it's all such a smokescreen.

I actually don't want anything to happen to Vick, for my own 7th round selfish fantasy purposes. But IMO Vick is toast. If you take Vick in any league this year before the end results of this are known, you have balls of granite. And if any of these allegations stick, I don't know if he'll ever play in the NFL again. Seriously. This commish will make him an example for the league. I have no doubt about that.

QFT

There is way too much smoke here for there not to be a fire IMO. :cry:

Don't draft Vick...Don't draft Vick

On a lighter note, the wide receivers for the Falcons might have hope

I'm throwing a double bachelor party the end of this month...

Anyone know where you get one of them 'Rape Stands'?

I'm throwing a double bachelor party the end of this month...

Anyone know where you get one of them 'Rape Stands'?

call the Duke lacrosse team, they may have been acquitted, but i'm certain at least one of them boys have one...

Wow. What an asstool.

:)

Umm, Poindexter is the Surry County Prosecutor, not Vick's attorney.

it's nice to think of this punk in jail but I'd settle for his NFL career being damaged beyond repair. Because without the NFL, what is Vick but Ron Mexico...a man headed to jail in any event because he belongs there courtesy of his inherent dog abusing nature.

I do not think he will see Jail time for this, but I do think that he will have to serve some sort of suspension from the league for it.

I have thought all along that the DA was stalling this investigation and doing things to make it look like he was being causious. He had informatants that were placing Vick at th fights, while there may or may not have been credible it should have been enough to at least pull his ass in for a chat.

I mean honestly how much evidence do you need. They found a bloody dog fighting pit, sticks used to pry the dogs mouth open, and loads of other dog fighting materials. Then you add to it that people in the town have seen him at the residence more often than he is admitting to.

Then the question needs to be asked, how does a house that is "secured by local police as a crime scene" get broken into. They did not just break into it, they stole a couch, a washer and dryer, and several other large items. Now you ask me, I would like to think that if I am guarding a crime scene and do not want it contaminated, I would notice someone walking around with a 14,000 dollar couch set.

What I see is a DA loosing his job and law license when they follow the Vick money trail back to Poindexter. He is probably pissed because he made a promise to Vick that this would never get to court and now he has to give some of the money back.

I also would love to know the name of the person that bought the house at 1/3 of the appraised value.

I also would love to know the name of the person that bought the house at 1/3 of the appraised value.

I heard it was some guy named Mexico. I believe his first name is Ron. :wall: :) "Allow myself to introduce....myself."

Link

Vick could get more than the 5 years now that the Feds are on the job.

""Michael Vick, is he the target? Who else would be?" Commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter said in an interview with the Journal-Constitution.

I never imagined such interest," Poindexter said. "Obviously if the feds come in, the jurisdictional basis is some sort of interstate violation. We don't know what it is — the training of dogs, gambling, racketeering, whatever they want to call it."

Poindexter said federal charges could result in more severe punishment than the maximum five-year prison term in Virginia for dogfighting and animal cruelty.

James P. Knorr, from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, has been involved in the investigation for weeks. Knorr contacted Poindexter at 3:15 p.m. Thursday and told him federal agents and state police were at Vick's property at 1915 Moonlight Road and were going to search the grounds under the authority of a "sealed" warrant.

Local authorities were invited to observe, but Poindexter said deputy sheriff W.R. Brinkman was the only member of local police to go."

It seems obvious that they were keeping Poindexter out of the loop on purpose, too, like some have already stated.

WOW, it's like an episode of a TV crime drama!

Umm, Poindexter is the Surry County Prosecutor, not Vick's attorney.

I saw that. But oddly enough he sure as hell sounded like he was arguing in Vick's favor. The whole investigation's been dragging, Poindexter has been in no hurry to pursue this, and now he's playing the race and class cards on Vick's behalf?

Those are very enlightened points of view. Highly unusual, considering the mountains of evidence on Vick's property. I agree with the poster who implied that Poindexter's pockets are lined with Vick's $.

Backup QB you mean behind starter Joey Harrington.

stop egging on swampdog dangling his mancrush like that. Priopism is a very dangerous condition. :banana:

Oh, wait - he only wubed Harrington when he was a Lion. Oh, snap! :cry:

I saw that. But oddly enough he sure as hell sounds like he's artuing in Vick's favor. The whole investigation's been dragging, Poindexter has been in no hurry to persue this, and now he's playing the race and class cards on Vick's behalf?

Those are very enlightened points of view. Highly unusual, considering the mountains of evidence on Vick's property. I agree with the poster who implied that Poindexter's pockets are lined with Vick's $.

Indeed. If someone is just looking at his most recent comments and doesn't dig back into the history, it's pretty easy to see how someone would mistake Poindexter for Vick's attorney. Pretty sad considering he's actually the guy whose job it is to be trying to put Vick away.

A friend of mine just brought up an interesting thought. Are we entirely sure that this Poindexter guy isn't just another Clinton Portis alter ego?

James P. Knorr, from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, has been involved in the investigation for weeks. Knorr contacted Poindexter at 3:15 p.m. Thursday and told him federal agents and state police were at Vick's property at 1915 Moonlight Road and were going to search the grounds under the authority of a "sealed" warrant.

could someone please explain to me how a "sealed" warrant works? i mean, do they come to your house w/ a manilla envelope closed, w/ "confidential" or "top secret" stamped on it and say "we got a sealed warrant to search your property, but we're not going to tell you for what or why because you don't have clearance"? :banana:

i mean seriously, that must work out pretty good for the "good guys"... how can you improperly serve a search warrant no one else is allowed to see?

Every word he says makes ya think Poindexter has been accepting payola for his "protection" of the dog ring, maybe for years. Now that the ball has been taken from him and is in the Feds court, don't be surprised if an informant drops a dime on Poindexter for failing to protect the ring. The rock has been turned over and the snakes are gonna scurry for whatever cover they can find.

link

Probe called 'a conspiracy'

Davon Boddie, Michael Vick's cousin, takes blame for investigation.

BY VERONICA GORLEY CHUFO

247-4741

Posted June 8 2007

NEWPORT NEWS -- Davon Boddie, a cousin of NFL quarterback and Newport News native Michael Vick, says he's sorry.

He wants to apologize to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and to Atlanta Falcons fans for his involvement in launching a dogfighting investigation at Vick's Surry County property.

"I want him (Goodell) to know that everything going on is really my fault," said 26-year-old Boddie, who spoke to the Daily Press on Thursday afternoon. "I want to apologize to Atlanta Falcons fans for what's going on. It's a lot of drama."

Boddie was arrested in Hampton on April 20, when an officer found him in possession of marijuana. He was charged with possession with intent to distribute.

The arrest led to a search warrant on Boddie's residence - he lived at Vick's property on Moonlight Road in southeast Surry County. (Vick, who plays for the Atlanta Falcons, did not live there.)

When drug investigators arrived, they found 66 dogs, mostly pit bulls, equipment used in training dogs to fight and a dogfighting pit. It triggered a dogfighting investigation, which continued Thursday, as state and federal authorities searched the property.

So far, no charges have been filed.

Boddie, who now lives in Newport News, denied involvement in dogfighting.

"There is no dogfighting," he said. "There's nothing of that nature."

He declined to comment on why all of the dogs were on the property.

Boddie said the attention is casting a negative light on Vick.

"They're just making Michael look like something he's not," Boddie said. "Michael is the type of dude who would do his sit-ups and crunches every night, read his Bible and go to bed."

Boddie admitted he had three ounces of marijuana on him that night in Hampton, but said it wasn't the 10 ounces reported in the media.

And he said he didn't have a gun, as some news reports said.

"I've never been the type of guy who's been a drug dealer," Boddie said.

Three days before his Hampton arrest, he was charged in Newport News with possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor.

He called the investigation a "conspiracy," wondering why footage of the house under construction years ago is airing during TV news broadcasts.

"I feel like they've just been watching us since 2001," he said. "It's just unjustifiable to me."

Boddie said the marijuana he carried on April 20 wasn't enough to merit a search warrant of his house. He's talked to his lawyer about it.

"I don't know where they get the right to do that," Boddie said. "They've got to look at these search warrants because I think my Fourth Amendment rights have been violated."

The Fourth Amendment protects citizens' rights during searches and seizures.

Surry County Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald G. Poindexter and other local prosecutors disagree with Boddie.

Hampton Senior Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Anton Bell said search warrants aren't based on the amount of drugs a person might have in his possession.

Bell, who prosecutes many of the felony drug cases in Hampton, said police officers look at the amount of the drugs and anything that might indicate the drugs are being distributed when deciding whether to obtain a search warrant.

Such evidence could include packaging material, scales or large sums of money, he said.

"If they get the search warrant and during the search find dogfighting stuff in plain view," Bell said, "that is not an invalid search."

Boddie said he's worried about his future. One day, he hopes to get a job in the entertainment industry, and he's afraid this will spoil his chances.

"They already slandered my name across the United States," Boddie said. "That could tarnish me. It has been embarrassing to my side of the family and my cousin's side of the family. I could probably imagine what he's going through."

Boddie said he hasn't talked with Vick since the investigation launched. They went to Ferguson and Warwick high schools and played football together.

"That hurts the most. We was real close. He's the type of dude I would do anything for, put my life on the line. I'm just asking him to fight with me. I'm asking him to stand by me, let me stand by him and we can fight this together."

Staff writer Beverly N. Williams contributed to this report.

"They're just making Michael look like something he's not," Boddie said. "Michael is the type of dude who would do his sit-ups and crunches every night, read his Bible and go to bed."

Really???? :banana:

How long until this guy sings like a canary?

Really???? :D

How long until this guy sings like a canary?

Well he wanted to be in the entertainment community, he got his wish, he is getting more press than any movie star right now. I am sure the book rites he already signed are going to have him set for life.

Not sure this has been posted yet but here is a link showing the digging in the back and them finding something that smells because they break out the masks at the end.

http://www.wvec.com/news/topstories/storie...k.252bf371.html

He's the type of dude I would do anything for, put my life on the line. I'm just asking him to fight with me. I'm asking him to stand by me, let me stand by him and we can fight this together."

yeah, like lie for, claim there was no connection to Vick, that it's all a vast conspiracy, that his rights were violated when caught with 10 oz of weed (enough to make any distribution charge stick, even if "only" 4 oz as indicated - that's 4 zip lock sammich bags STUFFED full of ganja, btw) and lie claiming there was nothing even resembling dogfighting going on.

He'll do anything to save his own ass and to protect his cousin, who he was obviously leeching off of by staying at the property...of course it's not leeching if the guy was running the dog fightng ring on Vick's behalf....then it's more like being an employee.

To hell with that whole ghetto family. Just shows that when low class people get money, they invariably do the wrong thing with it. That is not a statement about race - just class. Vick is like the Beverly Hillbillies striking oil in the back yard - he's no less ghetto for the millions of dollars in his pockets.

And yes - I have a personal distaste for anyone who abuses animals, so if you sense some "anti-Vick" sentiment, that is why. It's got nothing to do with football, race or anything except abusing dogs.