Sign in to follow this  
fastfish

breaking news on Vick

This is the biggest NFL story going right now....and maybe the biggest in a very long time. Paul Hornung, THE GOLDEN BOY, getting himself into a gambling scandal comes to mind (young folks do a google)....but the NFL Network for the 4th night in a row has not mentioned Vick's name. This is a deafining loud silence. It is the calm before a major NFL storm. Super star, mega NFL media creation, top draw at the gate....but Vick is going down. It's example time for all who want to play in the greatest show on earth.... and all will learn what "protect the shield" actually means.

I am so focking tired of people apologizing for this a$$clown and saying he hasn't been convicted of anything so he shouldn't be punished by the NFL. Say a salesperson for a business (and Vick is selling the NFL) did the following and got caught by national media: contracted herpes and transmitted it to a female without her knowledge, flipped off a fan (or a customer) at a game, was caught trying to pass through airport security with a secret compartment containing what appeared to be drug residue, missed a congressional meeting AND owned (and probably ran) the property where a dog fighting ring/drug operation was being run. Would you say that the company would have the right to at the very least punish him if not fire him altogether for bringing such bad publicity to their name?

This is not Hollywood where the saying 'There is no such thing as bad publicity' rings true. If Atlanta weren't tied to this dirtbag by an asinine contract (that no team in their right mind would buy the Falcons out of) they would drop him like a bad habit. Too bad they didn't hang onto Shaub and must now rely on Harrington should Vick be charged.

Living in Atlanta I can see this thing being split along racial lines.

Blacks for the most part are saying 'he's innocent until proven guilty and I don't care if you DO have proof; he's innocent' just like O.J. Simpson.

Whites for the most part are saying hang the focker just cuz they hate him and think Atlanta screwed the city over by giving this overrated thug a 10 year deal.

Hispanics for the most part are saying 'If you give me amnesty, I'll fight the focking dog and eat it!'

Vick was ranked 6th for QBs in leagues that give 6 points to QBs for all touchdowns.

Teams should and do realize that Vick has the ability to pass:

week 7 PIT W 41-38  18 30  60.0  232  4 TDs 2   5 40 
week 8 CIN W 29-27  20 28  71.4  291  3 TDs 0   9 55 

He throws a tight spiral, a great deep ball, in the pocket or on the move, and puts the ball in his receivers hands enough to give them the opportunity to catch it at a 55 - 59% completion percentage...add in his rushing ability and I consider him a top NFL QB.

Atlanta Falcons 2006 record: 7-9. Remember, football is a team sport, besides the QB (who is very important) there are 10 other offensive players and 11 defensive players + special teams players. Bulger most consider a good NFL QB - the Rams were 8-8. And the Bengals were 8-8 with Carson Palmer. HTH

The Falcons have had winning seasons every year except last year with Vick as starting QB. The year before Vick arrived and the year Vick missed the season with a broken leg, the Falcons sucked. HTH x 2

He throws a tight spiral, and a ball that has zero touch. Catchable? Yeah, okay. If being in the vicinity is all it takes, then sure, he throws a "catchable" ball. Other power QBs throw that ball when they need to, not on every throw. He fails to read defenses, and makes poor decisions at critical times.

Statistically, this was his best season, including rushing yards. So you suggest the record is an anomaly, and I suggest the stats are an anomaly. I threw in the record because that was the argument supporting Vick back before the stats even to this. "He just wins games." I know football is a team game.

You present two games in which he passed the ball well, one against a hungover team that played that way all season long, and the other against a defense that made everyone look good.

His stats for the season are electric. The man is a highlight reel. But if you think that defensive coordinators are staying up nights because of his passing ability, you're deceiving yourself. And the rushing yards get poo-pooed by many because they haven't elevated his game.

some details here that were not previously reported--------->By HANK KURZ Jr. : AP Sports Writer ............Informants have come forward saying they can link Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick to dog fighting, the prosecutor in the case said Thursday, and he has turned their accounts and contact information over to investigators.............Surry County Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald G. Poindexter said he has heard from about a half-dozen people claiming to have information about Vick's involvement in dog fighting, but he does not know if their claims have proven to be reliable..............In a letter, an inmate in a South Carolina prison claimed that he attended dog fights where Vick also was in attendance and saw Vick bet large amounts of money. Another informant provided street names of dog fighters from elsewhere in Virginia................A deputy sheriff in the county, W.R. Brinkman, is on the road investigating the claims, Poindexter said, noting that the investigation is the job of the sheriff.Poindexter said a search warrant issued May 23 for the massive home Vick owns in the county still has not been executed because he wants to make certain that any search does not jeopardize the investigation. Several years ago, another dog fighting case in the county was thrown out of court because of an illegal search, he said..................The search warrant was issued after an informant told Brinkman there were as many as 30 dogs carcasses buried on the property, and Poindexter said he is confident that evidence already seized from the home would be enough to hand down indictments.He said any attempt to remove the carcasses would also be incriminating...................When charges will be sought and who will face them remains to be seen, he said, noting that unless a special grand jury is called, the county grand jury is scheduled to meet next on July 24. The county has never had a special grand jury called...................The case began April 25 when police conducting a drug investigation raided the house Vick owns and found 66 dogs, 55 of them pit bulls. They also found items associated with dog fighting, including a 'pry bar' used to pry apart a dog's jaws.Dog fighting is a felony in Virginia...................Vick, a registered dog breeder, has blamed relatives for taking advantage of his generosity and insisted he's rarely at the house. He has since put the home on the market and sold it in a day, although the sale has not yet been completed...................A store-bought 'For Sale by Owner' sign once put up in the front yard of the two-story, painted brick home is no longer in the yard.

"Vick, a registered dog breeder, has blamed relatives for taking advantage of his generosity and insisted he's rarely at the house."

l-a-m-e.

if that's the best his hot-shot lawyer can school him to say, that stupid fock is going down.

and on a slightly different note... i don't know how Vick can't get convicted by a jury if they just show picture after picture of tortured dog, and the pens, and the pit, etc... emotions can be a very strong influence on people...

Unfortunately, that could depend on the makeup of the jury. If OJ can get away with murdering people, then I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Mr Mexico will go to jail for killing animals.

Hispanics for the most part are saying 'If you give me amnesty, I'll fight the focking dog and eat it!'

:banana:

Very few things on this website make me laugh as hard as this just did. :highfive:

some details here that were not previously reported--------->By HANK KURZ Jr. : AP Sports Writer ............Informants have come forward saying they can link Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick to dog fighting, the prosecutor in the case said Thursday, and he has turned their accounts and contact information over to investigators.............Surry County Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald G. Poindexter said he has heard from about a half-dozen people claiming to have information about Vick's involvement in dog fighting, but he does not know if their claims have proven to be reliable..............In a letter, an inmate in a South Carolina prison claimed that he attended dog fights where Vick also was in attendance and saw Vick bet large amounts of money. Another informant provided street names of dog fighters from elsewhere in Virginia................A deputy sheriff in the county, W.R. Brinkman, is on the road investigating the claims, Poindexter said, noting that the investigation is the job of the sheriff.Poindexter said a search warrant issued May 23 for the massive home Vick owns in the county still has not been executed because he wants to make certain that any search does not jeopardize the investigation. Several years ago, another dog fighting case in the county was thrown out of court because of an illegal search, he said..................The search warrant was issued after an informant told Brinkman there were as many as 30 dogs carcasses buried on the property, and Poindexter said he is confident that evidence already seized from the home would be enough to hand down indictments.He said any attempt to remove the carcasses would also be incriminating...................When charges will be sought and who will face them remains to be seen, he said, noting that unless a special grand jury is called, the county grand jury is scheduled to meet next on July 24. The county has never had a special grand jury called...................The case began April 25 when police conducting a drug investigation raided the house Vick owns and found 66 dogs, 55 of them pit bulls. They also found items associated with dog fighting, including a 'pry bar' used to pry apart a dog's jaws.Dog fighting is a felony in Virginia...................Vick, a registered dog breeder, has blamed relatives for taking advantage of his generosity and insisted he's rarely at the house. He has since put the home on the market and sold it in a day, although the sale has not yet been completed...................A store-bought 'For Sale by Owner' sign once put up in the front yard of the two-story, painted brick home is no longer in the yard.

1. "rarely" is not equal to "never" - saying "I was rarely at the property where that kidnapped teenage girl was held captive, and repeatedly raped and tortured" will not get you out of trouble, nor will this pathetic excuse for a defense by Vick.

What, you didn't notice the fighting pit that was constructed in your back yard or the 100s of dog enclosures with emaciated and vicious pit bulls while on one of your infrequent visits? Please.

2. Selling the house is just a stupid, knee-jerk reaction. Did he think this would be less suspicious? Too bad it was opposite day. Vick's lawyer to Vick, immediately upon learning of the sale: "you dumbass."

3. I am starting to believe that the cops deliberately delayed the property search to see if Vick or his cronies would attempt to remove the evidence - this would be a genuine smoking gun. If anyone even remotely affiliated with Vick tried this, Vick would be cuffed and stuffed immediately. The statement above by the sheriff of, "He said any attempt to remove the carcasses would also be incriminating" is very telling...I would probably do the same were I in the sheriff's position - hell, he was dumb enough to sell the house, so maybe he's dumb enough to tamper with evidence or try to have one of his peeps do it. Everyone's asking why they delayed the search, and while a plausable excuse was given, this one makes more sense. If the cops were so worried about the warrant, they'd have taken care of the wording before it was issued.

3. I am starting to believe that the cops deliberately delayed the property search to see if Vick or his cronies would attempt to remove the evidence - this would be a genuine smoking gun. If anyone even remotely affiliated with Vick tried this, Vick would be cuffed and stuffed immediately. The statement above by the sheriff of, "He said any attempt to remove the carcasses would also be incriminating" is very telling...I would probably do the same were I in the sheriff's position - hell, he was dumb enough to sell the house, so maybe he's dumb enough to tamper with evidence or try to have one of his peeps do it. Everyone's asking why they delayed the search, and while a plausable excuse was given, this one makes more sense. If the cops were so worried about the warrant, they'd have taken care of the wording before it was issued.

yup,

makes it alot easier to find where the dogs were buried when you let the guys that buried them dig them up for you...

so the "crime scene" ain't exactly secured? House formerly owned by Vick burglarized------->Published Mon Jun 4 4:32:00 p.m. ET 2007(Rotoworld) ------->The house formerly owned by Michael Vick in Surry County, Virginia was reportedly burglarized between the dates of May 7 and May 18.--------->Impact: Plasma TVs and other household appliances where stolen. Prosecutor Gerald Poindexter says he doesn't believe the intent of the burglars was to remove evidence from the scene. Poindexter recently shot down a warrant that would've allowed investigators to search for the remains of pit bulls.

so the "crime scene" ain't exactly secured? House formerly owned by Vick burglarized------->Published Mon Jun 4 4:32:00 p.m. ET 2007(Rotoworld) ------->The house formerly owned by Michael Vick in Surry County, Virginia was reportedly burglarized between the dates of May 7 and May 18.--------->Impact: Plasma TVs and other household appliances where stolen. Prosecutor Gerald Poindexter says he doesn't believe the intent of the burglars was to remove evidence from the scene. Poindexter recently shot down a warrant that would've allowed investigators to search for the remains of pit bulls.

what, it takes 3 weeks to realize your house has been burglarized?

Vick paid someone off to "break-in" to the house and "steal" any remaining incriminating evidence that could easily be removed like drugs, any kind of written records, etc...

and this makes me think even more that someone in a position of some sort of power is either getting paid off or was somehow involved... way too convenient that a search warrant expires before it is executed and now the place was supposedly robbed...

what, it takes 3 weeks to realize your house has been burglarized?

Vick paid someone off to "break-in" to the house and "steal" any remaining incriminating evidence that could easily be removed like drugs, any kind of written records, etc...

and this makes me think even more that someone in a position of some sort of power is either getting paid off or was somehow involved... way too convenient that a search warrant expires before it is executed and now the place was supposedly robbed...

the burglary happened "between May 7th and May 18th"...WTF is that? An investigation of a crime scene can't say when the crime scene was burglarized? ...ouuu this thing is starting to have an odor that is foul to those us who want to see justice done to the dog abusers.

This story is BS since the begining ( I have been saying it since the beginning ) and this is another proof of it .

This is one of the biggest scam ever.

This story is BS since the begining ( I have been saying it since the beginning ) and this is another proof of it .

This is one of the biggest scam ever.

any elaboration/explanation you'd like to use to support this, or shall I merely continue to picture you typing at your keyboard wearing a tinfoil hat? :thumbsdown:

NFL Network just said the word VICK for the first time in about a week....and they reported that Vick's home in Va. had been burglarized...TWICE. ...no further details.

NFL Network just said the word VICK for the first time in about a week....and they reported that Vick's home in Va. had been burglarized...TWICE. ...no further details.

police also said the pitt bulls that normally guard vick's house against burglary were all dead. and buried in vick's back yard.

:huh: this story just keeps getting worse and worse...

next they're going to be saying the people that "burglarized" the house actually planted evidence there...

and like i said before, i'm certain there's NO chance either of those "burglaries" were actually friends "breaking in" to "steal" evidence... :huh:

:o this story just keeps getting worse and worse...

next they're going to be saying the people that "burglarized" the house actually planted evidence there...

and like i said before, i'm certain there's NO chance either of those "burglaries" were actually friends "breaking in" to "steal" evidence... :(

my thoughts exactly

And the burglers all dug big holes in the ground, it's strange

my thoughts exactly

And the burglers all dug big holes in the ground, it's strange

anyone remember the old PM Dawn song "Potholes in my lawn"?

"must've been some crazy devoted fans that really just wanted some of the turf from my house that dug all those holes judge...."

When is the commish going to step in and make a comment? You know this has to be way up on the to do list :huh:

just heard that on the list of things stolen were:

floor buffers, vacuum cleaners, an upright washer & dryer, a leather sofa, and the aforementioned plasma tvs...

first thought is that the first three all seem to be related to cleaning and could have possibly contained blood evidence from cleaning up after bloody dogs...(who the fock owns their own floor buffer??) :thumbsdown:

second thought was, you got a house like that, but no security system?? right... :thumbsdown:

third thought was, how big was the focking truck these "thieves" pulled up in?? :thumbsdown:

Troy Aikman was being interviewed this am on FOX about concussions, migranes and some website he has to discuss this....at the very end of the interview, Troy was asked about Vick and he replies, "it's not a good situation and I'd expect some kind of suspension will happen"......thata boy Troy, no politically correct BS from the Hall of Fame QB

Aikman never needed a concussion excuse to be dumb.

What the hell does he know about any of this other than what's being fed to him.

What the hell does he know about any of this other than what's being fed to him.

his day job is now doing NFL games...and he knows maybe everyone at NFL HQ...but other than that, I guess he's just the average man in the street.

This has officially gotten RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Updating for a meaningless commment from Troy Aikman.

I know all of you want to be prosecutors, judges, wardens, NFL commish, and animal rights activists but can we just let this thing play out.

It was De La Soul...

anyone remember the old PM Dawn song "Potholes in my lawn"?

"must've been some crazy devoted fans that really just wanted some of the turf from my house that dug all those holes judge...."

I know all of you want to be prosecutors, judges, wardens, NFL commish, and animal rights activists but can we just let this thing play out.

you're right...let's discuss how Vick had the big money to bet on dog fighting back when he was a VaTerp...dirty program at VT?

It was De La Soul...

:mad:

wow, how could i have confused those two groups... they were SO different... :lol:

you're right...let's discuss how Vick had the big money to bet on dog fighting back when he was a VaTerp...dirty program at VT?

Nice try but Vick was never a "VaTerp."

And that is even more specualtive BS that you are eluding to anyway.

News Flash. It's the off-season. We are months away from the pre-season and most drafts. Right now every thread is full of meaningless comments. No one here has any influence on how any of this will end up. We are all just passing time.

Sad thing is I had both CDs :sleep:

Time to turn in the man card.

I'm guessing he knows more than any of us....

I'm guessing he knows more than any of us....

he just might...I think some of the resistance to this story is from Vick owners who can't believe their stud QB can do down in flames...don't they know...

that resistance is futile.