Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Ten things I want changed in the world of sports

1. Reduce the number of regular season NBA games from 82 to 62 - It is way too long as is, the players don't even care until March/April anyway, and the fans loose interest.

2. Get rid of the DH for crying out loud. Geez.

3. Move the NCAA college 3 point line to the international line - they are moving it to a point just 3 inches further in 09'. How stupid is that?

4. That damn, "take 5 steps off the bench during an altercation and you are suspended" rule. Please Stern, this is the NBA not Kindergarten.

5. Unify all the Boxing belts to one system and have weekly or bi-monthly fights on national television to rejuvenate the sweet science.

6. Make college coaches actually have to honor their contracts for the duration of the time that they are obligated. Why is this such a novel concept?

7. Two problems in the NBA: 1. The All-Star game is meaningless and 2. No one wants to play in the Olympics. Well why don't we make the LOSING team of the previous year's All-Star game have to play in the Olympics. Done and Done :wipeshands:

8. Drop the whole revisionist history in the Steroid scandal from MLB. The public knows what was up during the 90's and that should be enough. Create a strict testing policy going forward and be done with it. You cannot rewrite history or put asterisks on one person(s) and not the whole era itself.

9. Get rid of the Dunk Contest. It has run its course.

10. Dear PGA: They made the LPGA for a reason. Unless a woman qualifies via Q-School like the other wannabees then "no dice"!

:thumbsup:

1. Reduce the number of regular season NBA games from 82 to 62 - It is way too long as is, the players don't even care until March/April anyway, and the fans loose interest.

3. Move the NCAA college line to the international line - they are moving it to a point just 3 inches further in 09'. How stupid is that?

4. That damn, "take 5 steps of the bench during an altercation and you are suspended" rule. Please Stern, this is the NBA not Kindergarten.

5. Unify all the Boxing belts to one system and have weekly or bi-monthly fights on national television to rejuvenate the sweet science.

6. Make college coaches actually have to honor their contracts for the duration of the time that they are obligated. Why is this such a novel concept?

7. Two problems in the NBA: 1. The All-Star game is meaningless and 2. No one wants to play in the Olympics. Well why don't we make the LOSING team of the previous year's All-Star game have to play in the Olympics. Done and Done :wipeshands:

8. Drop the whole revisionist history in the Steroid scandal from MLB. The public knows what was up during the 90's and that should be enough. Create a strict testing policy going forward and be done with it. You cannot rewrite history or put asterisks on one person(s) and not the whole era itself.

10. Dear PGA: They made the LPGA for a reason. Unless a woman qualifies via Q-School like the other wannabees then "no dice"!

:wall:

Good list. I got a few more.

1. NFL - 2 preseason games 18 regular season games

2. MLB - shorten the season to the number of games they played during the Ruth era.

3. MLB - Salary Cap.

I have 1 that I would add:

11. LPGA - Have them play nekkid and only allow hotties to play. (that or make them play faster)

I propose that this same rule be applied to women's tennis.

All in favor? :wall:

ETA: Actually, I'd suggest applying this rule to all women's sports...except the WNBA ::just trew up in my mouf::

7. Two problems in the NBA: 1. It exists and 2. It exists. :wipeshands:

fix

12. get rid of ESPN.

I think there should be two channels from these guys:

ESPN - shows only games and sportscenter

and

ESPN Bullshit - shows all the other crap

Get rid of offsides in soccer.

I say revise it to no offsides on the attacking half of the field. Once the player with possession crosses the half line you are free to make any forward pass. Otherwise there would be nothing but long passes during the game . That IMO takes the beauty out of it and diminishes the need for dribbling/one-on-one skills.

But I do agree it needs to be revised

No league plays more than 30 games including playoffs.

If women want to play, they have to play with the men.

PLAYOFFS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

Scale down the NHL regular season and shorten the playoffs.

Play the World Series during the day on weekends.

Load up MLB early/late season home games for warm weather or dome teams so there are less snow-outs and games played in < 40F temperatures.

Ban the NFL Network or at least bring back network television games on Saturday afternoon after NCAA football wraps up.

Have a Thursday night game played every week during the NFL season.

Fold the WNBA.

Find some way to reorganize the NBA playoffs so the finals aren't between a Western Conference powerhouse and some Eastern Conference mutt that about 6 other Western teams could whoop up on.

Discontinue the March NIT.

Stop showing Notre Dame games on network television even if they're up against Southwest Bumfuck State.

Make at least two years of NCAA basketball mandatory before NBA Draft eligibility.

I like most of them. My own changes (not really a list):

MLB: Eliminate the DH, install a salary cap and floor, move the Brewers back to the AL, add one team to each league and go to an NFL style, eight-division format (four per league), stop focking with the mound and put in some ballpark requirements so far as the dimensions of the field - I'm tired of all the HR launching pads being built. Also announce that any player who is or has been caught using steroids or any other illegal performance enhancing drugs will be permenantly banned from baseball and have all of his stats eliminated from the record books.

NFL: The league is almost perfect, but I'd eliminate two preseason games, keep the 16-game format, one week between the conference championships and the Super Bowl (tired of all the unnecessary hype), and put a permenant moritorium on league expansion - 32 teams is perfect, there already aren't enough starting caliber QBs to go around, and if a city really needs a franchise they can move one from an NFL wasteland like Jacksonville.

NHL: Reduce the season to 64 games, no points for a loss in OT, and for God's sake DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE HORRIBLE TELEVISION PRESENTATION OF THE SPORT!!!! Every hockey video game shows the ice from an angle above and behind the play ... this is obviously the best way to watch hockey on a screen! As is, it is impossible to watch plays develop or even follow the puck! This should be priority #1.

NBA: Just scrap the whole focking league, it's hopeless.

:dunno:

ETA: Playoffs in college football is a good one, and eliminate the Pro Bowl - it's terrible. Just name an All Pro team at the end of the year.

3. Move the NCAA college 3 point line to the international line - they are moving it to a point just 3 inches further in 09'. How stupid is that?

4. That damn, "take 5 steps off the bench during an altercation and you are suspended" rule. Please Stern, this is the NBA not Kindergarten.

:dunno:

more NBA:

Change the All-Star game to U.S. vs. the World.

Give the top 16 teams in both divisions a chance in the playoffs and seat them all according to record, top to bottom. Abandon the East vs. West format because the East blows.

more NBA:

Change the All-Star game to U.S. vs. the World.

Give the top 16 teams in both divisions a chance in the playoffs and seat them all according to record, top to bottom. Abandon the East vs. West format because the East blows.

The east has won five and lost six championship series in the last eleven years. It's not really that lopsided.

Thread over

NHL: Reduce the season to 64 games, no points for a loss in OT, and for God's sake DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE HORRIBLE TELEVISION PRESENTATION OF THE SPORT!!!! Every hockey video game shows the ice from an angle above and behind the play ... this is obviously the best way to watch hockey on a screen! As is, it is impossible to watch plays develop or even follow the puck! This should be priority #1.

They had a camera angle like this for power plays during the playoffs. It was fine for a power play because the play was right there for most of the time, but during even strength when the play is back and forth I think it would make it even more difficult to follow the play.

The east has won five and lost six championship series in the last eleven years. It's not really that lopsided.

So the East can produce a good team or two, I would just like to see the top two teams from the entire league play for the championship. I wouldn't mind seeing that in all sports honestly.

Since that is not going to happen anytime real soon how-a-bout adding one more BCS bowl (i.e. Peach Bowl) and have the "And 1" game. After the 4 BSC games are played, the top two teams left standing play the following week in the Rose bowl for the Championship. Kind of a hybrid system that would help appease everyone. :dunno:

More on the tv networks themselves I guess....but I would like if they showed the NFL games with less commercials. Alot less. Sometimes I feel like I am watching commercials with small breaks of live NFL action, rather than the other way around as it should be.

1. Get rid of the WBNA

2. Remove all thugs from the NBA

3. NCAA Football Playoffs is a MUST

4. Stripper poles installed for all cheerleaders

5. Astro Turf eliminated

6. Remove NFL owners who enjoy the spot light too much. Davis, Jones, and that focktard in Washington.

7. there is more...