Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

who drafted either Travis Henry or Brandon Jacobs

I think these were the two most talked about boom or bust RBs this season. We've heard it all from I'll never draft a denver RB, You can't trust ratface, Jacobs is to big for his own good, ect...To you don't get payed Travis Henry money to sit on the bench, Jacobs is the beast, ect....

I would like to know who has one or the other or both?

I have them both in my keeper league.

Just courious.

I have Henry. I'm hopeful. I picked up Henry in his 1st and 2nd years in the NFL, always liked the way he ran, and now he's going into the most fearsome running scheme in the NFL.

I do not have Jacobs, i might have drafted him ,always thought he looked good playing for the Giants, but I kind of wonder about Manning, Plax, Coughlin and where that whole team is going, so I stayed away.

I have Brandon Jacobs and expect him to be solid. No Tiki Barber numbers but one of the better #2 RBs. I think the Giant offense will be improved this year in general.

I have both - but on seperate teams.

I expect Henry to get close to Top 5 production this year.. I have Travis Henry teaming up with Reggie Bush on my squad.

And I expect Brandon Jacobs to be solid. I need him to be my compliment to Larry Johnson.

both same league

to be fair its dynasty though so i drafted jacobs 3 yrs ago and traded for henry when he was 3rd string on the titans

my starting RBs last year were chester taylor and deshaun foster (later henry) and i had the best record & most pts (reg. season)

it can't be any worse than chester & deshaun

I traded jacobs and vincent jackson for jevon walker and tatum bell really hope it doesnt come back to haunt me

wow i really dont like that trade

I traded jacobs and vincent jackson for jevon walker and tatum bell really hope it doesnt come back to haunt me

YUCK :doublethumbsup:

I have both - but on seperate teams.

I expect Henry to get close to Top 5 production this year.. I have Travis Henry teaming up with Reggie Bush on my squad.

And I expect Brandon Jacobs to be solid. I need him to be my compliment to Larry Johnson.

I am exactly the same in my two leagues.

got Jacobs @ 3:10 in a 10 Team league - in this order (me thinks) I am defintely counting on him.

P Manning

R Bush

B Jacobs

C Portis

C Williams

L White

B Berrian

D Branch

J Witten

K Jones

T Williamson

K Winslow

R Bironas

B Roethlisberger

J Reed

J Porter

oh yeah - I almost forgot to pile on this trade...

Bell is a 3rd down back in about 3 weeks - Walker over Jackson but maybe not by much, but Jacobs over Bell by ALOT - hope for an injury, then say you knew it would happen :overhead:

3 Teams:

1) Addai,Jacobs, AD

2)Bush,Jacobs,Edge

3)Westbrook, Henry, Jacobs

I got Jacobs in all 3 leagues. #2 in 2 and #3 in 1 (Too bad there is not a flex spot in that league) I didn't really intend on taking him in all 3 leagues, but I've been pretty high on him since Tiki retired. I guess you could say I bought into the hype because I felt he was the best back on the board in all 3 cases. I'm optimistic for a really good season for him.

I'm a Bronco's homer and would have loved to have Henry in all 3 leagues, but due to draft position and scoring rules, I only nabbed him once. If Travis stays healthy, I would not be durprised with a top 5 RB finish for him. Top 10 if healthy is a virtual lock IMO.

Took Henry with the 10th pick.

Took Jacobs with the 31st pick.

...wish me luck!

Took Jacobs as my #2 with pick #50 in a ten team league.

took jacobs as my 3 back cause he was a steal, he may wind up being my #2

Guest _my_2_cents_

I have Jacobs and I'm happy with him as a RB2 as it boosted my WR corps. I think he's good for double digit TDs (10-14 combined) and 1100-1400 combined yds.

A lot will have to do with how well Eli plays - if he can establish that he can beat you in the air, Jacobs will have more room to run. And I expect some long TDs. I think the thing people overlook about Jacobs is that with his power/speed/toughness he has game breaking abilities. Everyone wants to focus on his potential for injury based on his size/build. I prefer to see his upside - which is 35-40 receptions to go along with 20-? carries per game. Now that Droughns has been moved to fullback I'm more optimistic about Jacobs being the man, so long as Reuben can do his job and block.

I think about the potential for Jacobs when the Giants are up by 14 in the 4th - where they just pound him at tired defenses for a bunch o yards. I have to imagine that the Giants will have at least a few of those games. He has opportunity and ability. I think his upside is consistent 60-70 yd/2-3 reception, 20-ish ReYd games with a TD sprinkled in here and there. But those will be interlaced with huge, 2-3 TD, 150 combined yds-because-he-breaks-a tackle-and *zoom!* he's gone. I've seen several clips of him outrunning DBs who are built like track stars - he's built like a '66 Buick. :)

And also, rather than see his rough & tumble style of play as a negative as most do, I look at it as a positive. In that aspect I think of something Jim Brown said about hitting people so hard he'd make them not want to tackle him. They feared contact with him. Jacobs has some of that in him. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people this year.

my $.02

I drafted Ahman Bradshaw in both of my $ leagues and got him off the waiver wire in another league. I urge all of you Jacobs owners to find a way to get him on your team even if you have to trade for him.

Droughns moved to fullback because Bradshaw moved to #2 RB.

If the thunder don't get ya then the lightening will.

:dunno:

Guest ramrock11
I don't either....Vince Jackson could be this year's breakout at WR !!!!! :banana:

Drafted Travis 8th because he was the best running back left I really hated the pick because for the last 10 years I've always stayed away from Denver running backs

I picked up B. Jacobs with my extra 4th round pick in my keeper league. He's my #3 RB. My Rb's in my keeper league:

S. Jackson

Jones Drew - Keeper

B. Jacobs

D. Williams

L. Betts

A. Peterson (CHI)

I picked up BJ for $26 in an auction league. It is a TD only league and I think he will get 8 to 10 this year.

I have Henry in my 12 teamer. Got him at 2.2 after I took Bush at 11. I think this will be one of the best RB duo's in my league this year. I also have Jacobs in my ten teamer. Got him in the 4th round and he will be my Flex player or RB3 alongside Addai and MJD. :pointstosky:

In 4 leagues and have Henry or Jacobs in 3 of them.

Main league have Henry along w/ Bush and T. Jones.

Auction league have Jacobs w/ Tomlinson and Portis.

Another league have Henry and Jacobs w/ Gore.

:pointstosky:

Traded Addai for Henry,Deuce and Roy Williams before training camps started. Its a keeper/salary cap league but it was great value.

:pointstosky:

I got Jacobs at the end of round 3 in a 12 teamer. PPR league.

Think he has monster potential.

You guys thinkI should let him pair with Bush this week or play Caddy Vs. SEA instead?

I got Caddy in round 5 BTW. thought that was a steal.......

BTW, Bush tonight should be very big on points......

:thumbsup:

I have Jacobs as my RB2 to Joseph Addai in 2 of my 3 leagues, and I almost took him over McGahee in the 3rd league at 2.03. I'm a believer in him this year and think he can be a top 12 RB this season. I'm really surprised he has so many doubters...the guy is the unquestioned starter on what projects to be a solid offense. He's a huge goal line threat, and he's reportedly an underrated pass catcher. What's not to like?

I drafted Ahman Bradshaw in both of my $ leagues and got him off the waiver wire in another league. I urge all of you Jacobs owners to find a way to get him on your team even if you have to trade for him.

Droughns moved to fullback because Bradshaw moved to #2 RB.

If the thunder don't get ya then the lightening will.

:unsure:

Why would I want a 3rd string RB?

Derrick Ward is Jacobs' backup

I did go for Henry, he is a perfect back to establish himself as a #1 in Denver, and will do so.

I avoided Jackson as Morency will be the starter over him before too long (once the injury heals)

I avoided Jackson as Morency will be the starter over him before too long (once the injury heals)

First of all, I disagree with that assessment. Morency is nothing to write home about.

Secondly, what does any of this have to do with this thread topic?

:overhead:

I've got both Henry and Jacobs as my #2 and flex. Since LT is my #1, I don't need either runner to have monster games but something tells me that each will have their weeks where they explode. I have never really been sold on Jacobs. From what I saw of him last year, he was the perfect compliment to Tiki. I just can't see him running that way week in week out. Hopefully I'm wrong.