Sign in to follow this  
Terrapin Flyer

My top 3 mistakes of the 2007 season are...

1) Going with S Jackson with the #2 pick even though everything told me Addai would have the better season. Addai was very good last year and I felt he would have a great season as the featured back. I know Addai is hurt too but he would have been a better pick than Jackson.

2) Benching K Winslow last Saturday, going away for the weekend, coming back, and finding that Winslow scored 9 pts, the guy you put in his place scored 1 pt, and you lost the matchup by 7 pts.

3) Turning down a trade that would have given me Bush for Wayne. This was week 2 before McAllister went down so it didn't make sense at the time, but I wish I had Bush now. I think he is gonna explode.

Honorable Mention) Keeping J Lewis on my bench the week he exploded for 200+ yards.

1) Picking SJax over Addai at #2.

2) Not drafting Moss!

3) Drafting Vernon Davis!

Oh, and I could very soon add to this list if McNabb continues to play like a POS!

3 keeper league

Kept

FWP

Jacobs over Ron Brown

L. Evans over Driver

drafted

V. Davis

Santana Moss

Ahman Green

1) Starting Philip Rivers over Delhomme in Week 1. I was leaning Delhomme the entire week, and then 10 minutes before kickoff, I had a gut feeling to switch to Rivers. Delhomme gets 27 pts on my bench, Rivers gets less than 1 point, and I lose the week by 4 points. This is where I learned my gut is retarded.

2) Drafting McNabb when Favre was still on the table. I was worried about injuries but still took McNabb, and I remember thinking "Favre is washed up anyway." Yeah.

3) This actually happened last season, but since it's a keeper league, it's affecting this season: in the game against the Giants where Bledsoe was benched for Romo, I happened to need a quarterback for a fill-in. It's a deep league for QB's, and the two starting QBs available on the wire at the time were Jason Campbell and the new starter Romo. Of course, I thought Campbell had the most potential and picked him up. Another owner picks up Romo a couple of days later, keeps him for this season, and is currently dominating the league now, while I sit with a depressingly average 2-2 team. (Wow, I sure wish I had Romo instead of McNabb right about now...)

1) Picking SJax over Addai at #2.

2) Not drafting Moss!

3) Drafting Vernon Davis!

Oh, and I could very soon add to this list if McNabb continues to play like a POS!

Reydog, who are you starting at RB this week? I have a similar roster.

1) Starting Philip Rivers over Delhomme in Week 1. I was leaning Delhomme the entire week, and then 10 minutes before kickoff, I had a gut feeling to switch to Rivers. Delhomme gets 27 pts on my bench, Rivers gets less than 1 point, and I lose the week by 4 points. This is where I learned my gut is retarded.

2) Drafting McNabb when Favre was still on the table. I was worried about injuries but still took McNabb, and I remember thinking "Favre is washed up anyway." Yeah.

3) This actually happened last season, but since it's a keeper league, it's affecting this season: in the game against the Giants where Bledsoe was benched for Romo, I happened to need a quarterback for a fill-in. It's a deep league for QB's, and the two starting QBs available on the wire at the time were Jason Campbell and the new starter Romo. Of course, I thought Campbell had the most potential and picked him up. Another owner picks up Romo a couple of days later, keeps him for this season, and is currently dominating the league now, while I sit with a depressingly average 2-2 team. (Wow, I sure wish I had Romo instead of McNabb right about now...)

Drafting Bulger in the 3rd (that's two mistakes right there).

Drafting Thomas Jones in the 4th with AJ, ADP, Housh, Javon, Burress, and Moss still on the board.

Right now, I'd give anything to have a "depressingly average 2-2 team" :doublethumbsup: :ninja: :wall:

Keeping Jacobs and MJD.

Drafting S JAx at #2.

Drank the Vernon Davis Kool Aid.

(Somehow 4-0 in our 12 team $$League (ROMO and ROY), but the wheels are falling off, luck only takes you so far.)

1. Protecting Brees over Romo. To add insult to injury I had an offer before the draft of Brees for a 4th rounder. Romo went in the 7th.

2. Drafting Reggie Brown as my WR2 thinking he was can't miss this year. Took him ahead of Randy Moss.

3. Taking Maroney over MB3.

1) Benched Romo against Bears

2) Benched Winslow last week with seperated shoulder.

3) Drafted Maroney over Willie Parker

1. Pulling the plug on the Dallas D after week 1.

2. Forgetting that Fitz's value and consistency suck as long as Boldin is healthy.

3. Thinking that Thomas Jones would be a good RB. Even when running well, the man has a fear of the end zone.

I don't think drafting SJax was a mistake, in the sense that no one in their right mind would have predicted this sort of season.

1) Going with S Jackson with the #2 pick even though everything told me Addai would have the better season. Addai was very good last year and I felt he would have a great season as the featured back. I know Addai is hurt too but he would have been a better pick than Jackson.

2) Benching K Winslow last Saturday, going away for the weekend, coming back, and finding that Winslow scored 9 pts, the guy you put in his place scored 1 pt, and you lost the matchup by 7 pts.

3) Turning down a trade that would have given me Bush for Wayne. This was week 2 before McAllister went down so it didn't make sense at the time, but I wish I had Bush now. I think he is gonna explode.

Honorable Mention) Keeping J Lewis on my bench the week he exploded for 200+ yards.

1, 2 and Honorable Mention are not mistakes (well, 2 could be if you benched him knowing he was going to play...I assume that's not the case). 3 is not a mistake if the only reason it is in your eyes is because McAllister went down. Doing a retrospective review like this is dangerous. It's like saying you shouldn't pay to see the flop with pocket Aces after you lost the hand.

These are more like...if only someone could've come back from the future and told me so that I could've made this move and looked like a genius.

1.) Can't really say drafting Steven Jackson #2 was a mistake at that time, he was widely recognized as a player who would be right behind LT in production. If I had to do the draft over again without knowing the knowledge i know now I can't say that I would draft differently. :(

2.) Not following Rule 1 of decision making: Always stick with your first decision when setting your lineup and never shuffle out players 10 minutes before game time, cost me a win.

1. trading for sjax right before his injury...giving up bush and housh to do so, then deuce gets hurt, great...

2. trading foster the night before sjaxs injury

3. if i only had 3 mistakes i'd be lying

1.) Drafting Driver in front of Moss

2.) Thinking I would be ok playing matchups with Eli Manning/Leinart at QB

3.) As a Westbrook owner, waiting too long to get Buckhalter, and watching him get drafted right before it was my turn.

Draftin Walker over Roy williams, Fitz, Boldin, Branch

Drafting rudi over ronnie brown. I just had a hunch Ronnie was gonna do well. And I went with the safer pick

1. Trading Peterson for Holt after week 1.

2. Trading Peterson for Holt after week 1.

3. Trading Peterson for Holt after week 1.

I am still 3-1 but would really love to have those three back.

drafting Rudi Johnson over Willie Parker.

:lol:

I wouldn't say this is a mistake yet.

In my league Parker has 54 pts and Rudi has 42 and Rudi missed a 1 1/2 games already.

1. My TD heavy league draft

2. My two keeper league draft

3. My PPR league draft

Other than that, it's been a FINE season......... :dunno:

Picking: McNabb, Benson and Bears DST

Over: Moss, Romo, and Young or Hasselbeck.

One of these days someone will have to explain what happens on draft day. The gameplan always goes out the window; next time, no beer on draft day.

MJD in the 2nd round

V.Davis as the 3rd TE off the board

Trading clinton portis for caddy because I had no bye week replacement. I would have been better to just take a goose egg for that week and rode Portis the rest of the year.

Where do I begin...?

1. Drafting LJ and MJD in rounds 1 and 2. I should have trusted my instincts and gone for less popular picks who are now superstars.

2. Drafting Reggie Brown as my WR2

3. Finally getting tired of LJ and benching him last week when he actually had a good day.

I did manage to make some good choices, however, and I'm still 2 and 2 in my league. After the injury of LaMont Jordan, who was my only decent RB, I have a feeling things aren't going to go well for my team in the coming weeks. I do have strong WRs in Branch and Wayne and a great QB in Kitna, but they aren't enough to carry my team.

I don't get it ..... these guys will be back (ie: SJax) when you need them the most.

But I guess it's like my parents calling me "a mistake" but they still love me.

1. Drafting MJD

2. Drafting Brandon Jacobs

3. Drafting Braylon Edwards over Randy Moss

4. Taking the Ravens D (first Defense off the board)

5. Drafting Eli as my number 1 QB

6. Taking McGahee over Brady in third round

oh you said 3, so sorry; just week 4 and I am already 150 points behind first place in point overall league

How do you know SJax will be back when you need him most. Remember the Fred Taylor groin injury a few years back? I had him and he was week-to-week for about 10 weeks, but never played again. They finally put him on IR with only a couple of weeks left in the season and he wasted a spot on my roster all season long.

Even if SJax does make it back, the Rams are SO bad I'm not sure it will make any difference anyway.

Shoot me now and put me out of my misery!

1. Drafting MJD with my second pick. Later handcuffed Fred Taylor too.

2. Week 3 loss (I'm 3-1) Benched DeShaun Foster vs Atlanta to start MJD vs Denver. Left 20 points on the board. Lost by 10.

3. Last week picked up Houston DEF vs Atlanta and benched Chicago vs Detroit. Left 18 points on the board and eeked out a victory by .27 points. Thank you T.J. for bailing me out with that last catch to put your yards at 100 so I got the 2 point bonus.

Waiting to Draft a QB when the top 6 were gone. Romo and Hass. were still there but I passed and took V. Jackson. Ended up with Delhomme and Farve, but traded farve and a draft pick for Leinhart.

drafting cutler and leinart since have fixed qbs though now have kitna culpepper and buldger

drafting fitz over moss

drafting vernon davis

1. trading for sjax right before his injury...giving up bush and housh to do so, then deuce gets hurt, great...

2. trading foster the night before sjaxs injury

3. if i only had 3 mistakes i'd be lying

umm can i put in m 3rd one now? yes-- drafting henry knowing he is a pucking fot smoker

umm can i put in m 3rd one now? yes-- drafting henry knowing he is a pucking fot smoker

Ditto

The Good the Bad and the Ugly...

The Good:

Keep 4 league...kept Brady,Chad Johnson,Ronnie Brown

The Bad:

4th keeper was 6 mins of Jacobs

The Ugly:

SJax @ 1.2 and Caddy @ 2.2

The Bright side:

May get Jacobs back to help my RB corps and took a chance on KJones that may pay off. Also took Pittman late based on sos and bonus for rcpt tds to RBs...can you smell it?