Sign in to follow this  
Mooseknuckles FF

Sick of Pats Running It Up?

If I was Buffalo last night and you are getting killed, and Belicheck still has Brady in the game why aren't you sending the kitchen sink. Eventually someone has to teach Pats some humility about what they are trying to do. In my opinion it is classless to be going for it on 4th down every time you get a chance and throwing it every play.

If I was Buffalo last night and you are getting killed, and Belicheck still has Brady in the game why aren't you sending the kitchen sink. Eventually someone has to teach Pats some humility about what they are trying to do. In my opinion it is classless to be going for it on 4th down every time you get a chance and throwing it every play.

Get your panties out of a wad. Even the Bill's coach said this about going for it on 4th down: "I have no problem with that. It's our job to stop it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271118002

I dont condone going after anyone on purpose but yeah.... the ONLY time the Pat/Brady have looked pedestrian is when the Colts were getting pressure on him. Same with Manning. Hmmm.....

So, yeah, teams should be blitzing every down since they are not stopping them anyways. Perhaps a few, hard LEGAL hits on Brady will slow things down or at least give them something to think about it. Right now, Brady just stands back there for seemingly hours on end chucking the ball around. For Chrissakes try a damned blitz!

Oh well....

I think Rex Ryan should channel his father for their game in two weeks and put a bounty on Brady's head and bring the 46 D until he's knocked out. :banana:

At least the Patsies were smart enough to take Brady out in the 4th this week.

If I were the head coach and Brady were still in there, I'd make a side agreement with one of my OLB on some illegal hit action.

Notice how Brady whined to the officials after he got tapped on the helmet when he slid in the first quarter? Someone give the guy a hankie...

What's he supposed to say?

"God, they were killing us. Could they try being a little nicer next time?"

That is what most people on this site are saying.

Part of what the Pats do is intimidate teams.

The defenses start out tepid and then seem to stop trying. Who knows what the coaches are calling. I didn't see a lot of pressure last night but Jauron is supposed to be an excellent defensive caoch. But if the defensive players are just calling it quits early and trying to get out of there, it doesn't make any difference what the coaches call.

Dungy was the only guy who figured out the Rams' offense in `99 and he's still the only guy who (almost) figured out the `07 Pats. The Eagles, Ravens, Steelers, Jets and Giants all are defenses that might have enough pride to get after Brady full bore.

The Eagles... are defenses that might have enough pride to get after Brady full bore.

The Eagles haven't been able to get after ANYONE "full bore" - there is no reason to believe that is going to change against the Patriots.

You've heard it before, but the point of an offense is to move the ball down the field and score... If they go for it on 4th down, stop it! that equals no points on their possession, isn't the chance of changing possession better than them getting 3 pnts on the board? Back to the saying, I know it might sound rhetorical... but if you dont like them doing it , do something about it.

Two things about their run are still unbelievable. One, no one has put any kind of vicious hit on Brady. Two, Moss has not gone down with some sort of injury.

Both are bound to happen. In the first case, if it's about winning, that's the only way to stop this team. You can't load up against the pass because they are so effective in their two tight end set, their running game (YPC is really pretty good), and their overall execution. Especially on third down.

In the case of Moss, he hasn't played this much in two years. Either it's a fluke, or he was jaking it with the Raiders. They've lost Maroney for stretches this year and haven't skipped a beat. But they can't get by, or should I say be this unbeatable, with the loss of Moss and of course Brady.

In the case of Moss, he hasn't played this much in two years. Either it's a fluke, or he was jaking it with the Raiders.

How about the FACT that the focking Raiders have blown like few other teams those last 2-years? :banana: It's neither a fluke nor was he "jaking it" with the Raiders. That team is an offensive, unmitigated disaster. Randy Moss alone doesn't fix that.

I think Rex Ryan should channel his father for their game in two weeks and put a bounty on Brady's head and bring the 46 D until he's knocked out. :banana:

Bounty Bowl III?

Two things about their run are still unbelievable. One, no one has put any kind of vicious hit on Brady. Two, Moss has not gone down with some sort of injury.

Both are bound to happen. In the first case, if it's about winning, that's the only way to stop this team. You can't load up against the pass because they are so effective in their two tight end set, their running game (YPC is really pretty good), and their overall execution. Especially on third down.

In the case of Moss, he hasn't played this much in two years. Either it's a fluke, or he was jaking it with the Raiders. They've lost Maroney for stretches this year and haven't skipped a beat. But they can't get by, or should I say be this unbeatable, with the loss of Moss and of course Brady.

How about adding a third thing about this run: Maroney became the 19th different player on this team to score a touchdown. I would be very surprised to see them lose to any team and really hope for a Pats-Packers Super Bowl.

Exactly what I have been saying for over 5 weeks now. Even if you get a penalty, who cares. Drive Brady's head into the turf and make him think about it as he's carted off. Otherwise, why even show up as you will lose.

Exactly what I have been saying for over 5 weeks now. Even if you get a penalty, who cares. Drive Brady's head into the turf and make him think about it as he's carted off. Otherwise, why even show up as you will lose.

It's posts like this that redefine the word CLASS.........good job A$$HAT :thumbsup:

at this point i would have to agree with this. i'm not saying to do anything flagrant but brady needs to take some shots. if its close you hit him, but it aint gonna happen until teams start blitzing. lets find out how tough he is.

I almost agree with this. I wouldn't say go for a flagrant foul, but get some pressue ine there, even if it risks opening up the middle of the field . Whats the worst that can happen? They Score? They are going to do that anyways. Pop brady on his ass 2-3 times and see if he doesn't start making mistakes. And I said this in another thread, if any def coordinator knows how to key in on the opposing team's best weapon, it Jim Johnson.

I know the Eagles have been relatively craptastic in rushing the QB this Season, but I'll bet they are working on nothing but blitz packages this week to get in Brady's face from the first snap. Not saying they are going to win, but I'll bet they can keep it a lot closer than most think.

I agree that after falling behind by a few TDs Buffalo probably should've covered the receivers one on one and sent everyone else after the QB. The usual defense of the Bills wasn't stopping the Patriots, so why not try something different and see if it works? I think it's ridiculous for a defensive coordinator to stay with the same defensive schemes when it's obvious that they're not stopping the opposing team.

I'm not wishing that Brady suffers an injury, nor do I support the idea of sending a lynch mob after him and taking a penalty in exchange for a linebacker removing one of his kidneys, but I have to say I think Belichick is playing with fire by going for the jugular, ripping it out of the opponent's throat, and then waving it in their face. I realize it's up to the defense to stop the Pats, but I don't think there can be any real question about the fact that Belichick has been running up the scores unnecessarily.

I also think (if he's still coaching when the Pats suffer their inevitable decline) that other teams will remember his actions in the future. Coaches at the present time basically have to say that "It's up to us to stop them", or otherwise they sound like whiners, but my bet is that privately they're seething about Belichick's tactics. I think it's reprehensible to "kick an opponent when he's down", and that's what Belichick has been doing.

moss is still healthy at least partially due to the fact that his QB isn't putting the ball in idiotic comprimising positions

{Blazing Saddles}

No.. no...no... You don't want to blitz them. You'll just make them mad.

{/Blazing Saddles}

{Blazing Saddles}

No.. no...no... You don't want to blitz them. You'll just make them mad.

{/Balzing Saddles}

Saw a stat last night saying Brady's QB rating vs. the blitz is 140 and change. :headbanger:

Get your panties out of a wad. Even the Bill's coach said this about going for it on 4th down: "I have no problem with that. It's our job to stop it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271118002

Brady needs to take some shots. Some real hard ones... They are running up the score. Plain and simple. I guess they are just making a point. So some other team needs to make a point to them. This could be done by Brady picking turf out of his mouth a few times. Regardless if they score or not.

Brady needs to take some shots. Some real hard ones... They are running up the score. Plain and simple. I guess they are just making a point. So some other team needs to make a point to them. This could be done by Brady picking turf out of his mouth a few times. Regardless if they score or not.

Maybe someone can pull a Tonya Harding on Brady and take out a knee cap this week. You people are unbelieveable. Listen to yourselves. Because defenses are not good enough to stop Brady and his offense, they should resort to cheap hits. Sweet logic, complaining about the unsportsmanship of running up the score in one sentence and calling for hit job in the next. Why is it so many people disdain excellence?

isn't kimo von oelhoffen on the eagles. he is known for taking out top QB's.

how are you suppose to stop them if you can't? you already gave up 30+ points so now all of a sudden your defense is going get a major boost and be able to stop them?

i am from new england and i am sick of them running up the score, you can't even enjoy their games. they have the most boringest games i have seen in a long time. i look forward to watching football every sunday and monday and what bothers me is the NFL moving this game to a sunday night. instead of be able to watch a 3-4 hour game i get to watch a game that lasts 7 minutes.

Without the Blitz it is probably 158.3 :lol:

I think they're going to need to adjust the QB rating just for Brady this year. :unsure:

How about the FACT that the focking Raiders have blown like few other teams those last 2-years? :ninja: It's neither a fluke nor was he "jaking it" with the Raiders. That team is an offensive, unmitigated disaster. Randy Moss alone doesn't fix that.

Oh as a Raider fan I agree. Totally. I was speaking of his injuries specificaly, not his performance. I remember SEVERAL threads on this very same forum questioning his conditioning and age as a reason he couldn't stay on the field.

and Belicheck still has Brady in the game

I think Brady played one snap in the fourth quarter last night.

moss is still healthy at least partially due to the fact that his QB isn't putting the ball in idiotic comprimising positions

Actually, in Moss' first year with the silver and black, he got injured on a play he is consistently and routinely making this year. Being where Collins threw a deep pass down the middle, pretty much the up-for-grabs type Moss is snaring in with regularity this season, and he got the wood laid to him by a Charger CB and a safety. Bruised sternum, cracked ribs, something of that nature. His season went south fast after that. I'm sure all Moss owners from 2005 remember that one. But I do agree with your assessment of the Raider QB's.

isn't kimo von oelhoffen on the eagles. he is known for taking out top QB's.

:thumbsdown:

Ignorance at it's finest.

How about adding a third thing about this run: Maroney became the 19th different player on this team to score a touchdown. I would be very surprised to see them lose to any team and really hope for a Pats-Packers Super Bowl.

:doublethumbsup: :(

This would be the worst thing in the history of ever.

Think about it:

A full two weeks of non-stop talk about Brady and Favre. And Favre and Brady. And Brady and Favre. And how awesome both Brady and Favre are. And how the only person possibly cooler than Favre is Brady (and vice-versa). And how Brady can walk on water and how Favre's sh!t smells like roses...

Seriously...the media already has a big enough hard-on for those two. A Patriots-Packers SuperBowl would just be too much absurdity to handle.

:wall: :mad: :wall:

I'll bet you were one on those kids that couldn't play tag in grade school and got trophies just for participating. That's not how the real world works.

:doublethumbsup: :(

This would be the worst thing in the history of ever.

Think about it:

A full two weeks of non-stop talk about Brady and Favre. And Favre and Brady. And Brady and Favre. And how awesome both Brady and Favre are. And how the only person possibly cooler than Favre is Brady (and vice-versa). And how Brady can walk on water and how Favre's sh!t smells like roses...

Seriously...the media already has a big enough hard-on for those two. A Patriots-Packers SuperBowl would just be too much absurdity to handle.

:wall: :mad: :wall:

You are going to get the hype no matter who is in, pick your poison.

When someone can stop their 4th and 5th string running backs, then they can call it "running up the score".

Passing game...check.

Running game...check.

OLine...check.

Dline...check.

LBs...check.

DBacks...check.

Run D...check.

Pass D...check.

Kicker...check.

Bench...check.

Coach...check.

What exactly do you expect teams to do? Blitzing is picked up by Brady's reads. If they bring the house the ball will be lobg gone by the time they reach Brady.

Face it, this team is not going to sacrifice any momentum or killer instinct just to appease their opponents or anyone else. History in the making.

When someone can stop their 4th and 5th string running backs, then they can call it "running up the score".

Passing game...check.

Running game...check.

OLine...check.

Dline...check.

LBs...check.

DBacks...check.

Run D...check.

Pass D...check.

Kicker...check.

Bench...check.

Coach...check.

What exactly do you expect teams to do? Blitzing is picked up by Brady's reads. If they bring the house the ball will be lobg gone by the time they reach Brady.

Face it, this team is not going to sacrifice any momentum or killer instinct just to appease their opponents or anyone else. History in the making.

That is a good point. I also agree that Brady is a smart enough QB to read blitz and get rid of the ball, I think he has proven that. However the Colts proved to the rest of the league that Brady is human and that offense can be contained when you get pressure on Brady, but it seems like other teams do not even try. Do I think a team should blitz every down? No, but disguise the blitz the best you can and mix it up. Even if you don't get sacks, you will at least get in Brady's grill every once in a while, maybe a couple knock downs or force a bad throw or a turn over. Good lord just get some grass on his freakin jersey.

at this point i would have to agree with this. i'm not saying to do anything flagrant but brady needs to take some shots. if its close you hit him, but it aint gonna happen until teams start blitzing. lets find out how tough he is.

Jaws had a good thought about handling the Pats. Run your safeties or quick LBs up to heavily chuck the Pats WRs and rush seven up the middle on Brady. With the initial line push, the blitzers keep their hands up to deflect the quick, one-step drop pass Brady will attempt. Meanwhile, Moss, Stallworth and Welker get hammered on the outside for the allowable 5 yards.

Maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't, but it beats giving the Pats WRs a 5-10 yard cushion and only rushing 4 while sitting back in 'react mode'.

That is a good point. I also agree that Brady is a smart enough QB to read blitz and get rid of the ball, I think he has proven that. However the Colts proved to the rest of the league that Brady is human and that offense can be contained when you get pressure on Brady, but it seems like other teams do not even try. Do I think a team should blitz every down? No, but disguise the blitz the best you can and mix it up. Even if you don't get sacks, you will at least get in Brady's grill every once in a while, maybe a couple knock downs or force a bad throw or a turn over. Good lord just get some grass on his freakin jersey.

I watch every game being a Pats fan and believe me, every team is blitzing against them. The O-line has been ridiculous this year with its protection of Brady. The coaches in the NFL aren't just sitting back, they are bringing pressure that never gets there. The O-line is a huge reason why the Pats are so good.