Sign in to follow this  
santa*69

Lost all respect for Madden on that Ward face mask

Madden with a Farve like man crush for Ward was incapable of being unbiased on that replay.

I mean it was so obvious. I don't care who wins this came could care less but clearly Madden is not objective.

Madden with a Farve like man crush for Ward was incapable of being unbiased on that replay.

I mean it was so obvious. I don't care who wins this came could care less but clearly Madden is not objective.

They both blew it off. It's not all on Madden.

They both blew it off. It's not all on Madden.

yeah they both did.

well madden did take over the narration of the replay and said nothing, and nobody interjected either.

HOMOMADDEN! :overhead:

Looked to me it was a designed "lets get a pass interference" play to me. Ward is pretty smart. He knows if he sells the call he'll get it. I wouldn't expect Madden to pick up on anything like that. He can barely see as it is.

Michaels did say that Ward "got his hand caught in the facemask" and "got away with one there."

I was beginning to think I was nuts for a second there.

Guest ramrock11

I agree with you, now all the pain in the ars Steelers fans in Northwest Ohio can shut the bleep up.

Yeah, imagine cheering for a team that actually makes the playoffs and even wins Super Bowls! As opposed to a fake franchise that's never won anything...even in their best ever season ! :headbanger:

A call going Pitt's way. What a suprise huh? Well I'm just glad that fock Ward is out of the playoffs so now I don't have to see that fockin creepy little smile everytime he makes a routine catch. :lol:

bad call. i'm glad it didnt affect the outcome of the game.

on a side note, the announcers for the second game were so much better than the first. collinsworth is a giant homo.

One of the worst calls I've ever seen in the NFL.

I LOVE Hines Wards but I mean are you serious?

On the same drive no mention of the back pushing Rothlesburger for the first down. Not one word..Complete BS that was 4th and 1 I believe. Awfull!!! glad the crap team lost.

On the same drive no mention of the back pushing Rothlesburger for the first down. Not one word..Complete BS that was 4th and 1 I believe. Awfull!!! glad the crap team lost.

Not one word, cause that's not a penalty dude :rolleyes:

Stick to baseball.

for all those crying about the no call on Ward's offensive face mask.

You should be just as upset about this wouldn't you? This is a 15 yard facemask if there ever was one.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/2008...rs0105e_330.jpg

And by the way this facemask was not called while the "holding" penalty negated this great catch by Ward.

Penalties have a way of evening out......

What a pvssy! What the hell did madden have to do with that call. It's not like he was saying ward was clean.

Are you talking about the pass interference call in the end zone on 4th down?

I'm assuming you are.

I think it was the right call. Ward was interfered with.

Not one word, cause that's not a penalty dude :doublethumbsup:

Stick to baseball.

Hey are u kidding?

Research before commenting,

NFL

Digest of Rules Main

Use of Hands, Arms, and Body

No player on offense may assist a runner except by blocking for him. There shall be no interlocking interference.

Hey are u kidding?

NFL

Digest of Rules Main

No player on offense may assist a runner except by blocking for him. There shall be no interlocking interference.

how many times have you seen a pile get pushed from behind? has it ever been called?

This thread is a complete joke.

People will find anything to complain about when they dont like something or someone.

Al Micheals mentioned it more than once, who cares if Madden didnt. And crying about the pushing offensive players. Please, that happens at least once every game and is NEVER called.

Its amazing how much grown men look for stuff to :doublethumbsup: about.

I'm assuming you are.

Agreed it was hard to tell but from what we could see or at least how Ward played it off it looked like he was getting held. It almost looked like he put his one hand on the doods shoulder pad, and made it look like he was being held. Could not really tell though

This thread is a complete joke.

People will find anything to complain about when they dont like something or someone.

Al Micheals mentioned it more than once, who cares if Madden didnt. And crying about the pushing offensive players. Please, that happens at least once every game and is NEVER called.

Its amazing how much grown men look for stuff to :doublethumbsup: about.

Wow open your eyes. I rarely see it and when it is as obvious as last night it is called every time. If it was not a big deal then every team would run a QB sneek with the RB pushing from behind for those 4 th and inches plays, It would be impossible to stop. Its blatant cheating and that is the first time ive ever seen such and obvious penalty ignored at such a crucial moment in a game. PATHETIC.... He was Stuffed

I'm assuming you are.

i'm not sure what play you are talking about, but i think most people are referring to the play where ward held the defenders facemask for several seconds, causing the defender to fall into ward.

Wow open your eyes. I rarely see it and when it is as obvious as last night it is called every time. If it was not a big deal then every team would run a QB sneek with the RB pushing from behind for those 4 th and inches plays, It would be impossible to stop. Its blatant cheating and that is the first time ive ever seen such and obvious penalty ignored at such a crucial moment in a game. PATHETIC.... He was Stuffed

Open my eyes to what? Your ignorance.

In just about every NFL game you will see an offensive lineman pushing a RB downfield and its NEVER called. And if thats the first time you've ever seen "such an obvious penalty ignored at such a crucial moment in a game" then you are the one that needs to open your eyes. Guess you didnt see the Reggie Bush Matt Leinart play at Notre Dame 2 years ago.

And please provide me with ONE instance when this was called since it is called every time.

:thumbsdown:

Looked to me it was a designed "lets get a pass interference" play to me. Ward is pretty smart. He knows if he sells the call he'll get it.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Officials in the NFL LOVE to call pass interference on the defense. A WR can push a guy halfway into the stands and not get an offensive PI call, but they love to call it on the defense for every little thing. If there's contact and a call has to be made, it's going to go against the defense 95% of the time. On some level you have to admire Ward for realizing this and exploiting it.

And please provide me with ONE instance when this was called since it is called every time.

i'd like to see an instance as well, since it's called so much.

how many times have you seen a pile get pushed from behind? has it ever been called?

I have never seen that called a penalty, ever. Maybe cause you have to literally pick up a guy by the arm and carry him thus the interlocking note.

I have never seen that called a penalty, ever.

we must be watching the wrong games because according to patsnsox04 it's called every time.

we must be watching the wrong games because according to patsnsox04 it's called every time.

I must be watching those same games you are. And seeing as how I watch at least 9 or 10 games a weekend and have never seen that call I guess I must have cheated on my vision test.

Honestly, I didnt even know that was a penalty until the Bush Lienart play back in 05'. I think its one of those rules that technically is in the books but is never called. I dont even know what the actual call is and what the ref signals for it but Im waiting on this guy to prove us wrong. Im sure he'll learn us up real good.

I must be watching those same games you are. And seeing as how I watch at least 9 or 10 games a weekend and have never seen that call I guess I must have cheated on my vision test.

Honestly, I didnt even know that was a penalty until the Bush Lienart play back in 05'. I think its one of those rules that technically is in the books but is never called. I dont even know what the actual call is and what the ref signals for it but Im waiting on this guy to prove us wrong. Im sure he'll learn us up real good.

agreed that it's probably technically a rule, but to say it's called ALL the time is...wait for it...

ludicrous

I have never seen that called a penalty, ever. Maybe cause you have to literally pick up a guy by the arm and carry him thus the interlocking note.

Exactly.

Bump so Pussnboots . . . errr . . I mean Patsnsox can provide us with an example of when this was called and what the ref signaled.

Obviously, Madden has extreme respect for the guys who succeed as the result of gritiness and hard work. He likes the blue collar-guy who packs his lunchbox and gives it 100% all of the time.

He doesn't go la-la over the guy who succeeds because he shines at teh combine and has awesome speed and/or God-given talent.

Does Madden go overboard with his praise at times? Absolutely. But I'd rather hear the likes of Favre and Ward getting accolades than some Randy Moss-type who is great because he has long strides and 4.2 speed, but takes half the plays off.

Looked to me it was a designed "lets get a pass interference" play to me. Ward is pretty smart. He knows if he sells the call he'll get it. I wouldn't expect Madden to pick up on anything like that. He can barely see as it is.

That's what I thought too. Hard call to make in real time but on the replay it looked like Ward was doing the grabbing.

Hey are u kidding?

NFL

Digest of Rules Main

that is never called. Look at the the LT touchdown yesterday. Same thing.

that is never called. Look at the the LT touchdown yesterday. Same thing.

Hell, Matt Leinart took a run-shot and forced Reggie Bush in the endzone at the end of the Notre Dame game a few years ago. I think a player would have to literally pick the ball carrier up and throw him over his shoulder for that to ever be called.

Hell, Matt Leinart took a run-shot and forced Reggie Bush in the endzone at the end of the Notre Dame game a few years ago. I think a player would have to literally pick the ball carrier up and throw him over his shoulder for that to ever be called.

I've seen that one, but can't remember where...maybe a Nebraska game a few years back, i remember red jerseys. Somehow the offensive lineman ended up in front of the RB but facing backwards. The RB was churning toward the endzone, basically in his lineman's chest, and the lineman was backpedalling against the crowd of defenders. Lineman begins to fall down, backwards and toward the endzone and basically grabs the RB by his shirt and hauls/flings the RB over his head as it nears the ground. Launched him like a catapult. That one got called back. Only time I've seen it.

how many times have you seen a pile get pushed from behind?

Not very often. Most of the time I see this, it is someone trying to block or help a player form getting "The Bidness" when the Refs are blowing the fock out of their whistles Cheating focks got what they deserve. The Steelers have been cheating for decades.

Does Madden go overboard with his praise at times? Absolutely. But I'd rather hear the likes of Favre and Ward getting accolades than some Randy Moss-type who is great because he has long strides and 4.2 speed, but takes half the plays off.

He takes half the plays off and scores 23 TDs and gets 1500 yds. :thumbsdown: