Sign in to follow this  
SouthGeorgia

3:10 to Yuma

He might just be the baddest sumbitch ever in movies.

Just saw it a second ago to get my mind off the fact that Hillary might win the democratic nomination afterall.

That movie is way too cartoonish; none of the motivations make sense. The senseless violence did pick me up a bit, though. For the under 30 crowd that loved "300", I recommend "3:10".

Anyone with the first name Ben and a last name starting with a W is one to be reconed with <_<

Thatd be me  :pointstosky:

The movie was great until the end. I would have had Ben Wade (Russell Crowe) shoot Dan Evans (Christian Bale) when the train arrived.

Finally saw it last night. I thought it was just OK. They said it was the best Western since Unforgiven, which may be the case, since nothing has really been made since then.......that comes to mind anyway. Someone mentioned the motivation factor. I agree, I just don't see him becoming "enlightened" so quickly as to forget his years of thievery and turn just. I'd give it a 5 out of 10. :rolleyes:

I don't under stand how Dan Evans (Christian Bale) could not keep his leg on at the start and in the end he was running and jumping with no problems.

Finally saw it last night. I thought it was just OK. They said it was the best Western since Unforgiven, which may be the case, since nothing has really been made since then.......that comes to mind anyway. Someone mentioned the motivation factor. I agree, I just don't see him becoming "enlightened" so quickly as to forget his years of thievery and turn just. I'd give it a 5 out of 10. :dunno:

Think about Wade's story about waiting at the Train Station for his mom.....some sort of emotional tie in with Evan's kid showing up at the train. I score it a 7 of 10.....no need to over analize, just enjoy :thumbsup:

MOvie had so much potential then totally sucked !

Wade is really going to kill off his entire crew after they busted their asses ( being loyal ) trying to save him from prison becasue they killed a guy ( even if a nice guy ) who was trying to put him on the train.

Also the guy Eastwood played in Unforgiven > Ben Wade

They said it was the best Western since Unforgiven, which may be the case, since nothing has really been made since then.......

Open Range is better...

Open Range is better...

Agreed !

Open Range and Unforgiven were ALOT better than 3:10 to Yuma which hoinestly wasn't that good.

Best 5 Westerns in last 25 years

1. Pale Rider !

2. Unforgiven

3. Tombstone

4. Open Range

5. Silverado

Pale Rider I have watched 100 times and likey 100 more ! Best Western ever !

The ending was soooo stoooopid. Terrible terrible ending.

Doc Holliday would shoot Ben Wade right through the face.

The ending was soooo stoooopid. Terrible terrible ending.

I agree, there is NO way they all could miss him.

It would be more logical and dramatic if they took a bullet to the arm or leg.

Agreed !

Open Range and Unforgiven were ALOT better than 3:10 to Yuma which hoinestly wasn't that good.

1. Pale Rider !

2. Unforgiven

3. Tombstone

4. Open Range

5. Silverado

Unforgiven blew. Might have been one of the most lame azz attempts at a Western ever. Where's Josey Wales on that list. I'll admit that Pale Rider was damn good and Tombstone was good as well. Never heard tell of the other two.

Unforgiven blew. Might have been one of the most lame azz attempts at a Western ever. Where's Josey Wales on that list. I'll admit that Pale Rider was damn good and Tombstone was good as well. Never heard tell of the other two.

one of the best lines ever in a western was from from Unforgiven

Sherrif to Eastwood " You just SHOT AN UNARMED MAN "

Eastwood " Well he should of armed himself shouldn't he "

Unforgiven was a little dull at times but a great ending !

Nothing matches Pale Rider though for westerns

You never saw Open Range ( Duvall , Kostner ) ? Silverado - wa sin the 80's and was actually a pretty big flick.

The problem with Yuma was that it was going along Great with some real strong performances until they just up and rooned it with a completely implausible and ridiculous ending.

Also, we ALL know that the greatest western of all time was Blazing Saddles and that the Waco Kid would beat anybody in a dual.

Although the ending didnt make great sense, the rest of the movie was still enjoyable. I'd give it a 7.5/10. Bale and Crowe both had great performances.

Agreed !

1. Pale Rider !

2. Unforgiven

3. Tombstone

4. Open Range

5. Silverado

Definitely have to say Open Range was the most underrated, under-reported western in a long long time. Really excellent in many ways.

Unforgiven was excellent as well. Some real truths spoken in that movie. Think that warrants a spin-off.

Definitely have to say Open Range was the most underrated, under-reported western in a long long time. Really excellent in many ways.

Unforgiven was excellent as well. Some real truths spoken in that movie. Think that warrants a spin-off.

best part of Unforgiven has to be when he shoots the bartender ! I laugh my ass off everytime !

I love westerns and like others have said here Yuma had potential, but it didn't make sense, I try to enjoy movies and not overanalyze but geez I am not stupid either.

1 star out of 5. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Unforgiven 4. :dunno:

Open Range 4. :mad:

finally saw this over rated piece of shiat. this is definitely the kind of movie that you have to check your brain at the door because the last 30 minutes don't make any focking sense. i simply could not wrap my brain around the concept that the cold blooded killer (ben wade) would warm up SOOOO much to the guy that was going make sure he gets executed for $200. he's willing to risk his life and then kill all us buddies for his new man crush. good acting from bale and crowe but after that, you can keep the rest. :thumbsdown:

For the under 30 crowd that loved "300", I recommend "3:10".

The two movies that I own on BluRay. :doublethumbsup:

I found the entire movie, not just the ending, full of people making decisions that were unbelievable. Granted, it's impossible to predict the plausible actions of every single person,

but at some point you just have to ask yourself WTF is going on here?

Here are some examples that I can remember after watching it last night

Stagecoach robbery scene

-Immediately after the group of 10-12 riders pass the coach and finally get into direct, close range of the gatling gun he turns the gun towards the mountain and trys shoot a guy far away behind a rock.

Really? Instead of mowing down the 10-12 outlaws on horses right in front of you? Of course someone rides up beside him and shoots him point blank.WTF???

-The guy spends ridiculous time aiming his shotgun at dynamite he spots on a rider instead of just acting as quickly as possible to take him out. He blows the rider and horse up. Ridiculous Hollywood BS.

-The guy faking like he was dead jumps up and puts a gun to an outlaw's head. What person on earth would evermake that decision instead of continuing to act dead? Wade shoots him. What was he expecting, these vicious criminals to say "aww darn...you got us all." WTF????

-Dan keeps his kids a mere 100-200 yards from these violent criminals in the middle of a robbery. WTF???

-Guy shot in gut at point blank after wrecking in a speeding stagecoach. Discussion with Wade about letting him live(not sure why anyone would think he would live). Vet removes bullet after a ton of blood loss and

he's good to go like it's a minor bruise!! WTF????

Dan's house exchanging Wade for decoy

-First, Wade makes no attempt to tip his man about the exchange by resisting, or whatever, as he walks from the coach. WTF?? Then they put the decoy guy in the coach and THEY LOCK THE FOCKING DOOR!!!! ARE YOU FOCKING KIDDING ME? WHY??? WTF??? ANd they really don't think riders on horseback can catch a stagecoach? WTF???

-Wade talnig about killing people like animals at dinner table. Shot heard outside and they leave the wife alone with Wade. WTF? Here's the short version of the ensueing conversation "I'm disgusted by you, I'd rather not talk to you" "you have green eyes" "ohhh...my poosay is so wet for you...he's not what I expected Dan" WTF????

-The entire time they are traveling they basically let Wade ride freely. He can stab people in the neck, take shotguns from people and take aim, take out a group of INdians, ride off whenever he pleases.

WTF???? They can't find a better way? At least handcuff him behind the back at night maybe so he can't stab people?

-person with one leg can jump over and off rooftops, run over and around obstacles with ease. Better fake leg than we will have 100 years from NOW. WTF???

I could go on and on...at railroad contstuction everyone is willing to die to take possesion of Wade. Really? Half town is willing to shoot good people for some money that they can't be sure they will get. Horse

with super hearing and phenomenal whistle recognition. UGHH....Sure any type of action in any situation is within the realm of possibility....but really, I can only take so many WTF's in one movie. ON teh bright side, Bale was awesome as always, and the relationship between Dan and Ben was very interesting.

He said of the last 25 years. Josey Wales was filmed in '76.

If you can get past the first hour, Broken Trial was another good Duvall western.

It was okay. Russell Crowe was miscast in this movie IMO. Most people are used to him being the hero type and to thrust him into a roll where he's supposed to be a vicious murdering theif seemed like a stretch to me. The character was flawed to begin with. That silly round hat doesn't exactly doesn't say billy bad ass to me and Crowe just didn't come off evil enough to warrant the outlaw rep the director was aiming for.

Bale was brilliant and you could feel for his character. He was dealt a bad hand from the start and the continous need to validate himself to his family was captivating. I agree all his Ben Johnsonesque sprinting in the end was a serious oversight.

The ending was laughable. After all of the "law men" flee leaving Bale by himself with Wade, why wouldn't Wade's men just storm the hotel? Were these vicious outlaws now somehow afraid of a one legged man dragging around their boss? :music_guitarred:

C

I just watched this last night. I am glad to see that I am not the only one who did not think it was great. It was OK, but by no means great. :pointstosky:

Interesting to hear everyone praise Open Range. I never saw it, much really heard anything about it. Maybe I can grab that later if I get bored for a movie. :dunno:

I just watched this last night. I am glad to see that I am not the only one who did not think it was great. It was OK, but by no means great. :pointstosky:

Interesting to hear everyone praise Open Range. I never saw it, much really heard anything about it. Maybe I can grab that later if I get bored for a movie. :dunno:

I watched it last night as well, not impressed. I did like Christian Bales charachter though, alot more than Russell Crowes

The movie was great until the end. I would have had Ben Wade (Russell Crowe) shoot Dan Evans (Christian Bale) when the train arrived.

What a horrible ending, seriously.

I can think of 5 better endings. I hate that sh!t.

Perfect movie, ruined by a horrible ending. Still a good movie, but WTF!

nice idea, bad movie.

as mentioned above, the actions and motives just didn't add up at all in this movie.

What outlaw is going to run along behind his captor, jumping along rooftops, and then getting onto the prison train without a fight?

stupid, stupid, stupid.

nice idea, bad movie.

as mentioned above, the actions and motives just didn't add up at all in this movie.

What outlaw is going to run along behind his captor, jumping along rooftops, and then getting onto the prison train without a fight?

stupid, stupid, stupid.

The rooftop jumping was pretty bad.

Thought the movie was OK. Like everyone else though, the ending for me was kind of a let down.

I"m still a Young Guns I and II guy myself.

I can watch those 2 all day long :dunno:

Thought the movie was OK. Like everyone else though, the ending for me was kind of a let down.

I"m still a Young Guns I and II guy myself.

I can watch those 2 all day long :music_guitarred:

FOCKIN DITTO THAT BUDDY, YOUNG GUNS IS THE SHIIIT!!!!

This Kopy boy is ok :banana:

FOCKIN DITTO THAT BUDDY, YOUNG GUNS IS THE SHIIIT!!!!

This Kopy boy is ok :thumbsup:

:overhead: