Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official Season 4 Lost thread***

how soon after the show can you watch it on line ? I have a bball game tonight and gots no tivo :ninja:

Last week, I stumbled across Lost on the free On Demand feature of Comcast digital cable. I don't know how soon it becomes available. :lol:

I think it's the very next day! :lol:

Or sometime the following week. :ninja:

Fock -- I am seriously thiking of skipping my basketball game. How sad is that

second though -- Phillybear just don't drink so much and post your thoughts on the episode and I don't need to watch it. :lol:

Fock -- I am seriously thiking of skipping my basketball game. How sad is that

second though -- Phillybear just don't drink so much and post your thoughts on the episode and I don't need to watch it. :lol:

I won't be posting my thoughts until maybe Saturdays after the show airs. I want a chance to watch the episode 2 or 3 times, and try not to overlook anything obvious.

Jack claimed that only 8 survived the crash. :lol:

Yeah, he was lying his ass off, i guess they never told anyone the whole story.

Also, could Kate's son be Sawyer's son? I also like the idea of she adopts Aaron...

But, yeah, Kate has a son...mind blow :doublethumbsup: I am guessing that is who she was going back to when she had the meeting with Jack.

Wait, did she name the kid "Sawyer" didn't really catch it, but, it is Sawyer's kid obviously. So, Sawyer probably doesn't make it off the island, i think everyone figured that, i think he dies saving Kate or something.....

Wait, did she name the kid "Sawyer" didn't really catch it, but, it is Sawyer's kid obviously. So, Sawyer probably doesn't make it off the island, i think everyone figured that, i think he dies saving Kate or something.....

No, she called him Aaron, so looks like my predcition was correct.

Her kid was Claire's son, Aaron!

One problem I have is how Kate beat the charges. Just because her Mom won't testify? The state has no other evidence besides her mother? C'mon!

Still, good episode.

how soon after the show can you watch it on line ? I have a bball game tonight and gots no tivo :headbanger:

http://www.xiaoli.cc/video/detail/15

You ca watch every Lost episode (Or ever episode of lots of hows) on Chinese pirate sites for free, but it takes time (24-48 hrs) for them to translate the Chinese subtitles.

One problem I have is how Kate beat the charges. Just because her Mom won't testify? The state has no other evidence besides her mother? C'mon!

Still, good episode.

Maybe the marsal left the evidence in Kate's custody when he passed on to that other smoke monster infested place.

Why wouldn't Jack want to see Aaron? :dunno:

In flash forward Jack isn't crazed drunk, yet, or different timeline? :dunno:

Guess Sawyer is just goin with the flow. Not really allied with anyone, just doesn't want to go back to real world.

:headbanger:

Why wouldn't Jack want to see Aaron? :dunno:

In flash forward Jack isn't crazed drunk, yet, or different timeline? :dunno:

Guess Sawyer is just goin with the flow. Not really allied with anyone, just doesn't want to go back to real world.

:headbanger:

I am guessing that Jack isn't a crazed drunk yet. I bet the other flash forward was further forward.

I am not sure why Jack doesn't want to see Aaron. I am guessing they had to make some kind of choice whne they left island and they chose Aaron and one or more other people had to die for whatever reason.

Except for the Aaron twist in the end, and the 8 survive the crash thing (Jack has to be protecting the rest of the people on the island), it was a pretty boring episode imo.

This time between when you watch the latest episode and when I get a chance to see it is so d@mn frustrating.

No, she called him Aaron, so looks like my predcition was correct.

Ah, ok, obviously that changes everything. Yeah, don't get why Jack wouldn't want to see him, well it would make sense if it were Sawyer's kid, unless it is Sawyer's kid and she just named it Aaron too or something like that.....i don't think the writers would screw with us that badly, would they?

Ah, ok, obviously that changes everything. Yeah, don't get why Jack wouldn't want to see him, well it would make sense if it were Sawyer's kid, unless it is Sawyer's kid and she just named it Aaron too or something like that.....i don't think the writers would screw with us that badly, would they?

My first thought in the parking lot was that it might be Jack's kid. Prolly not.

Egg-town is a pejorative term that refers to the days of bartering, during the Great Depression. A traveling salesman would have to barter his candy or tobacco or shoelaces for different commodities. A poor exchange would be for eggs, a relatively common item that is also highly perishable. Nobody wants to trade for eggs from a traveling salesman because they have their own, so the salesman who accepted an egg in exchange was forced to accept a bad deal. Salesmen would use the term like "If I were you I would stay away from Bogart. That's an egg-town." Of course, the lack of trust among salesman was also high, and it was likely that one salesman would lie to another about the quality of a town's customers to keep them for himself. Invariably, the second salesman ventures into Bogart only to find it is truly an egg-town. He is either persuaded to not visit a town that has good customers or is tricked into visiting a town that can only offer eggs. The term "egg-town" represents a deal with undesirable outcomes in either case. [source needed]

References in this episode include:

The inability of Locke to makes any progress with the interrogation of Ben or Miles.

The deal Kate made. She is now forbidden to leave the state and thus can't legally go back to the island for any reason for at least ten years.

The barracks turn out to be Egg-town for Miles; He tries to extort 3.2 million dollars from Ben and ends up with a grenade in his mouth instead.

The episode starts with literal eggs: Locke preparing an omelet breakfast for Ben. He tells Ben these are the last two eggs.

Kate's preoccupation with the chance that she might be pregnant, and the continuing references to her child in the episode's flashforwards.

Locke's inability to establish any communication with Jacob.

Locke kills a chicken (no more eggs).

Kate's decision whether to leave the island and go to jail or remain on the island and die (from her hinted-at pregnancy).

The Easter Egg Escapade: this children’s book, by John Michael Williams, was published in 1991. It tells the story of Eggtown, a peaceful village where rabbits and chickens live together in harmony until a band of thieving roosters conspire to steal all of Eggtown’s Easter Eggs. In order to retrieve the eggs, an unlikely group of heroes volunteers to go on the perilous journey. The ending features the redemption of Terrible Timothy Take-It, the leader of the thieving roosters.

Why wouldn't Jack want to see Aaron? :unsure:

In flash forward Jack isn't crazed drunk, yet, or different timeline? :banana:

:bandana:

Never know...maybe something happens to Claire (after he finds out she is his half sister), and he cannot save her. Since he could not save her, he refuses to see Aaron as it reminds him of his failure as a doctor. Or Aaron reminds him of his father.

Still, good episode.

She didn't beat the charges, she pled it out.

Episode 4.4 Eggtown

Easily the weakest episode of the season. This was a transitional week, setting up future episodes. Unfortunately, it was a Kate centered episode, and her flashbacks have been a part of some of the weakest episodes of Lost. But let's see what we can gather from this week's developments.

The opening of the show features Locke once again losing his temper due to Ben. It is so startling how Ben seems so in control of every situation this year, even though he is a prisoner. Yet, the end of last season featured a bumbling Ben running around the island, losing control over his empire. Impressive turnaround. Miles asks Ben for 3.2 million dollars. Ben brings attention to this amount, saying why not 3.3 or 3.4 million. The writers are telling us that 3.2 million is a very important number. Since Miles is a ghost hunter with a nose for money, he has somehow determined that Ben has this exact amount. Also, don't overlook how Miles asked Ben "Do you know who I am?" and "Do you know who I work for?" as these were open ended questions. What if Miles is Ben's man on the boat, and this was his way to ask for more money out of Ben for spying, yet not telling this to Kate who was standing right there. Miles was speaking in a way that Ben understood, but Kate was clueless. Or maybe Miles is just a greedy slug and there is another person as the spy. At least he brings a much needed sarcastic element to the show, as Sawyer is getting a bit too soft lately.

Backmasking strikes again. When Kate was fighting through the crowd to reach the courthouse, one particular person in the crowd shouting something nondescript right at Kate, as the camera lingered on the scruffy individual a bit longer than it should have. Well, some dedicated fan out there in the Lost universe decided to play it backwards, and as clear as a bell, the man shouted "We hate you!!!!" to Kate. So among all the adoration and attention, someone went out of there way to tell Kate what they really think of her. Who is this mysterious man? Does he work for someone that is on a list? Actually, that man could have been me. I can't stand Kate and Kate episodes any more. This show isn't a Lifetime production. One minute she likes Sawyer, the next minute she likes Jack. Sawyer. Jack. Jack. Sawyer. Enough already. This show isn't about love triangles crowbarred into the script at the expense of more meaningful storyline advancement. Like what did the smoke monster say offset or in an Entertainment Tonight interview that p!ssed off the Lost writers so much that the monster has been missing since Juliet and Kate got away from it due to the pylons guarding Otherville/the barracks, many, many episodes ago during Season 3. I mean, it has to be personal now, with the monster missing for so long now. OK, back on track...Sawyer really zinged Kate when you called her out on running back to Jack. That was so completely worth the slap in the face he received. Odd that Sawyer was so against having a child with Kate, when he already has a daughter with Cassidy, the woman he conned, and the women that sent him to jail. Random thought: what if Cassidy conned Sawyer into setting up the bank account for this mysterious daughter, and it was merely a con by Cassidy; the irony would be tremedous.

I've concluded that Kate with makeup is not nearly as attractive without it, if anybody cares. I was surprised to see Kate's mother alive, as she was dying when we last saw her. Kate was a nitwit when she refused to allow her child to meet his grandmother for her lack of testimony. I don't care how much bad blood is flowing, you do not risk significant jail time for a family feud, stupid. The big "shocker" of a ending was that Kate's child was named Aaron, probably Claire's son. First of all Lost writers, if you want to shock us, don't be so obvious. When you go out of your way to show how uncomfortable Kate is around Aaron at the beginning, give Claire a bunch of lines this week, and spend the whole show not using Kate's child's name (son, him), who the hell else can the child be? I sat there as Kate picked up Aaron, and practically yelled at the TV ala Sam Kinison "SAY IT SAY IT SAAAAYYYY ITTT!!!! AAAARRONNNNNN!!!!! Mercifully, Kate called him Aaron, and my blood pressure dropped from critical levels. The real question is whether Aaron is an Oceanic 6 member. The promos for the episode claimed that this episode reveals another member. That would be Aaron. But Aaron wasn't born yet when the plane crashed. It's as if the TV show is taking a stand on abortion, and telling us that Aaron is member even though he was unborn. Or it might just be ABC trying to create more hype about an upcoming episode. Interestingly enough, Sun and Jin were briefly talking about where they want to live when they leave the island. If Aaron is #5 (along with Jack, Hurley, Kate, Sayid), I am assuming Sun is going to be the 6th. I still think that Jack, as the Team Jack leader, decides who leaves the island. And all of Jack's best friends are Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Juliet, and Sun. If you recall during Season 1, Sun was the assistant to Dr Jack as he helped to care for the sick. And assuming Juliet doesn't make it off the island, Sun is the next logical person to go, leaving Jin behind or Jin may have died. Jack said 8 people survived the crash, but two died. Here we go again....4,8!!!!,15,16,23,42. In fact, if the writer's wanted a twist ending, they should have had Kate call the baby Aaron, pick him up, and the camera reveals that the baby is Korean. Now THAT is a twist. Stupid writers. And what kind of plea includes not leaving the state for 10 years. I've never heard of such a thing. The prosecutor was obviously working for the freighters/people on the list/somebody else that doesn't want Kate to return to the island. She fought hard to have Kate remanded during the bail hearing. 10 years? Look at it logically. You have murderer and arsonist in Kate. She made a house explode. And you are so gung ho about her good citizenship, that you demand that she live in your area, and not be allowed to move away. Huh? Also, Jack does not want to see his half nephew in Aaron, and chickens out on pursuing Kate as a love interest. I wonder if he ever finds out that Claire is his half sister. Of course, what did happen to Claire now that Aaron is with Kate. Charlie saw Claire and Aaron getting on the helicopter. But he didn't see them reach safety. So, maybe Claire was pushed out of the helicopter at some point, plunging to her death or into the water, whatever, but separating her from Aaron. That would be a solid twist, but since I've already brought it up, it wouldn't really be much of a surprise. I am curious to see what the entire cover story is for the Oceanic 6.

Since the writers went to great lenghts to make us remember a book and a movie, let's touch on these. Another experiment by Daniel, as he is trying to remember what the turned down cards are. Now, this could be a memory exercise by Daniel, as he is trying to recover his own memory. Remember, as the 4.2 episode started, Daniel was watching news about the Oceanic 815 crash and crying, and didn't know why. He seems to be a prime candidate for memory loss. Which leads into an interesting connection. Remember when Locke gave Ben a book to read, to help pass the time at the start of the episode? That book was Valis, by Philip K D!ck. The theme of that book is anamnesis, which is the loss of forgetfulness; basically the recovery of memory lost previously, or the recovery of memory you never had but somehow you just know things you have no business of knowing. Like the main character in this book, he goes into some kind of trance, and suddenly knows an ancient dialect of Greek, enough though he has never studied Greek languages in his life. Daniel seems to be the prime character to fit this scenario, a man that cries over a plane crash, and has no idea why. On the other hand, we can consider another possibility, as we have seen examples in the past of background objects that suddenly change. When Locke first broke into Ben's house during the exploding submarine episode last season, we saw screenshots of the clocks in Ben's living room. Every time the camera panned across, the clocks had a different time, sometimes skipping 4 hours. Back and forth. So, is it possible that Daniel actually didn't just get 2 out of 3 cards correct, he was 3 for 3, but the card changed by the time they flipped it over. "Only fools are enslaved by time and space". Why can't objects change their very property on this island? Nevertheless, these experiments that Daniel is conducting are crucial for discovering the nature and properties of the island, and are fascinating for the Lost science geeks, like me. Another cultural reference was brought up by Hurley, the movie Zanadu, which features a portal between the lands of man and Greek gods. I don't see much to read into here, since the island seems to have a portal as well. Obvious but an interesting connection.

Next week, we will be seeing the events of the helicopter, based on the promos. I didn't touch on it during this writeup since there wasn't much information given to us this week. Hopefully the live grenade in Miles' mouth has exploded by now. I'll be back next week with more rambling thoughts.

Episode 4.4 Eggtown

Easily the weakest episode of the season. This was a transitional week, setting up future episodes. Unfortunately, it was a Kate centered episode, and her flashbacks have been a part of some of the weakest episodes of Lost. But let's see what we can gather from this week's developments.

The opening of the show features Locke once again losing his temper due to Ben. It is so startling how Ben seems so in control of every situation this year, even though he is a prisoner. Yet, the end of last season featured a bumbling Ben running around the island, losing control over his empire. Impressive turnaround. Miles asks Ben for 3.2 million dollars. Ben brings attention to this amount, saying why not 3.3 or 3.4 million. The writers are telling us that 3.2 million is a very important number. Since Miles is a ghost hunter with a nose for money, he has somehow determined that Ben has this exact amount. Also, don't overlook how Miles asked Ben "Do you know who I am?" and "Do you know who I work for?" as these were open ended questions. What if Miles is Ben's man on the boat, and this was his way to ask for more money out of Ben for spying, yet not telling this to Kate who was standing right there. Miles was speaking in a way that Ben understood, but Kate was clueless. Or maybe Miles is just a greedy slug and there is another person as the spy. At least he brings a much needed sarcastic element to the show, as Sawyer is getting a bit too soft lately.

Backmasking strikes again. When Kate was fighting through the crowd to reach the courthouse, one particular person in the crowd shouting something nondescript right at Kate, as the camera lingered on the scruffy individual a bit longer than it should have. Well, some dedicated fan out there in the Lost universe decided to play it backwards, and as clear as a bell, the man shouted "We hate you!!!!" to Kate. So among all the adoration and attention, someone went out of there way to tell Kate what they really think of her. Who is this mysterious man? Does he work for someone that is on a list? Actually, that man could have been me. I can't stand Kate and Kate episodes any more. This show isn't a Lifetime production. One minute she likes Sawyer, the next minute she likes Jack. Sawyer. Jack. Jack. Sawyer. Enough already. This show isn't about love triangles crowbarred into the script at the expense of more meaningful storyline advancement. Like what did the smoke monster say offset or in an Entertainment Tonight interview that p!ssed off the Lost writers so much that the monster has been missing since Juliet and Kate got away from it due to the pylons guarding Otherville/the barracks, many, many episodes ago during Season 3. I mean, it has to be personal now, with the monster missing for so long now. OK, back on track...Sawyer really zinged Kate when you called her out on running back to Jack. That was so completely worth the slap in the face he received. Odd that Sawyer was so against having a child with Kate, when he already has a daughter with Cassidy, the woman he conned, and the women that sent him to jail. Random thought: what if Cassidy conned Sawyer into setting up the bank account for this mysterious daughter, and it was merely a con by Cassidy; the irony would be tremedous.

I've concluded that Kate with makeup is not nearly as attractive without it, if anybody cares. I was surprised to see Kate's mother alive, as she was dying when we last saw her. Kate was a nitwit when she refused to allow her child to meet his grandmother for her lack of testimony. I don't care how much bad blood is flowing, you do not risk significant jail time for a family feud, stupid. The big "shocker" of a ending was that Kate's child was named Aaron, probably Claire's son. First of all Lost writers, if you want to shock us, don't be so obvious. When you go out of your way to show how uncomfortable Kate is around Aaron at the beginning, give Claire a bunch of lines this week, and spend the whole show not using Kate's child's name (son, him), who the hell else can the child be? I sat there as Kate picked up Aaron, and practically yelled at the TV ala Sam Kinison "SAY IT SAY IT SAAAAYYYY ITTT!!!! AAAARRONNNNNN!!!!! Mercifully, Kate called him Aaron, and my blood pressure dropped from critical levels. The real question is whether Aaron is an Oceanic 6 member. The promos for the episode claimed that this episode reveals another member. That would be Aaron. But Aaron wasn't born yet when the plane crashed. It's as if the TV show is taking a stand on abortion, and telling us that Aaron is member even though he was unborn. Or it might just be ABC trying to create more hype about an upcoming episode. Interestingly enough, Sun and Jin were briefly talking about where they want to live when they leave the island. If Aaron is #5 (along with Jack, Hurley, Kate, Sayid), I am assuming Sun is going to be the 6th. I still think that Jack, as the Team Jack leader, decides who leaves the island. And all of Jack's best friends are Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Juliet, and Sun. If you recall during Season 1, Sun was the assistant to Dr Jack as he helped to care for the sick. And assuming Juliet doesn't make it off the island, Sun is the next logical person to go, leaving Jin behind or Jin may have died. Jack said 8 people survived the crash, but two died. Here we go again....4,8!!!!,15,16,23,42. In fact, if the writer's wanted a twist ending, they should have had Kate call the baby Aaron, pick him up, and the camera reveals that the baby is Korean. Now THAT is a twist. Stupid writers. And what kind of plea includes not leaving the state for 10 years. I've never heard of such a thing. The prosecutor was obviously working for the freighters/people on the list/somebody else that doesn't want Kate to return to the island. She fought hard to have Kate remanded during the bail hearing. 10 years? Look at it logically. You have murderer and arsonist in Kate. She made a house explode. And you are so gung ho about her good citizenship, that you demand that she live in your area, and not be allowed to move away. Huh? Also, Jack does not want to see his half nephew in Aaron, and chickens out on pursuing Kate as a love interest. I wonder if he ever finds out that Claire is his half sister. Of course, what did happen to Claire now that Aaron is with Kate. Charlie saw Claire and Aaron getting on the helicopter. But he didn't see them reach safety. So, maybe Claire was pushed out of the helicopter at some point, plunging to her death or into the water, whatever, but separating her from Aaron. That would be a solid twist, but since I've already brought it up, it wouldn't really be much of a surprise. I am curious to see what the entire cover story is for the Oceanic 6.

Since the writers went to great lenghts to make us remember a book and a movie, let's touch on these. Another experiment by Daniel, as he is trying to remember what the turned down cards are. Now, this could be a memory exercise by Daniel, as he is trying to recover his own memory. Remember, as the 4.2 episode started, Daniel was watching news about the Oceanic 815 crash and crying, and didn't know why. He seems to be a prime candidate for memory loss. Which leads into an interesting connection. Remember when Locke gave Ben a book to read, to help pass the time at the start of the episode? That book was Valis, by Philip K ######. The theme of that book is anamnesis, which is the loss of forgetfulness; basically the recovery of memory lost previously, or the recovery of memory you never had but somehow you just know things you have no business of knowing. Like the main character in this book, he goes into some kind of trance, and suddenly knows an ancient dialect of Greek, enough though he has never studied Greek languages in his life. Daniel seems to be the prime character to fit this scenario, a man that cries over a plane crash, and has no idea why. On the other hand, we can consider another possibility, as we have seen examples in the past of background objects that suddenly change. When Locke first broke into Ben's house during the exploding submarine episode last season, we saw screenshots of the clocks in Ben's living room. Every time the camera panned across, the clocks had a different time, sometimes skipping 4 hours. Back and forth. So, is it possible that Daniel actually didn't just get 2 out of 3 cards correct, he was 3 for 3, but the card changed by the time they flipped it over. "Only fools are enslaved by time and space". Why can't objects change their very property on this island? Nevertheless, these experiments that Daniel is conducting are crucial for discovering the nature and properties of the island, and are fascinating for the Lost science geeks, like me. Another cultural reference was brought up by Hurley, the movie Zanadu, which features a portal between the lands of man and Greek gods. I don't see much to read into here, since the island seems to have a portal as well. Obvious but an interesting connection.

Next week, we will be seeing the events of the helicopter, based on the promos. I didn't touch on it during this writeup since there wasn't much information given to us this week. Hopefully the live grenade in Miles' mouth has exploded by now. I'll be back next week with more rambling thoughts.

You are quickly becoming my hero. You should consider doing some professional writing, minus the "I wanna cut your head off" stuff.

You are quickly becoming my hero. You should consider doing some professional writing, minus the "I wanna cut your head off" stuff.

I'm no hero. I am a modest man, traveling the internet universe, wishing cancer on people.

Note to self: that would be an outstanding signature line.

I thought you were going to discuss him being "Scooby Doo'd" :nono:

Good point. I never mentioned this line. It was certainly amusing. Hurley is such a sad-sack lately. He's like a whipped dog.

Good point.

I guess the soup kitchen would have been less expensive..?? Sigh !

FF Geek

Group: Members

Member No.: 51123

QUOTE(phillybear @ Feb 24 2008, 02:15 PM)

Amost done marinating some chuck steak. I don't usually bother with chuck steak, but it was 69 cents a lb. at the wholesaler, so why not?

haha....This is a classic! While I eat Lobster and Prime Rib ( just had Notre Dame and the Pistons $$$ ),

You are eating 69 cent tough chuck meat...Now, you have to admit...Who is the LOSER and who

knows how to bet and wager. Chuck Steak...why not hit the soup kitchen for the homeless?

FF Geek

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: greyhounds.

· View this post

· Un-ignore greyhounds

I haven't been able to read any of your posts in months, but people have been emailing me with your gambling picks. Apparently, you haven't won a bet you've posts in months. Congrats on being the biggest welcher on this site in the history of ever and the worst gambler since Bouve. You belong in the hall of shame.. I so badly want you to get ass cancer, and I am sure you will get it. I can't even begin to imagine how much money you've lost over the last few months, but it's probably close to 50,000 dollars. Good. Fock you, stupid.

good summary philly.

I really like the aspect of us not knowing how far in the future these flashforwards are.

Everyone is saying how the kid is at least 2 and has to be Claire's Aaron, but we don't know if the court case has lasted 2 years

great write up Philly - personally here I agree the episode has potential but ended up being pretty weak. I :pointstosky: am dissapointed so far as we really haven't seen much of Jacob at all .

I still the think the time altering on the Island is really just a cloaking device rather than a ground hog day senerio.

What has me is that Sayid and the other's on the Helicopter haven' tgotten there yet - I mean I know there is a 30 minute difference but they should of been there by now.

NY Post Article - 10 Reasons we love lost

Here are 10 reasons why we love "Lost' again.

1. This season is living up to last season's near-perfect finale: We saw the Losties out-ambush The Others and they were expecting to be rescued. The finale ended one chapter and started another in a tantalizing way. And the new season has reciprocated.

2. We learn Jack's fate: The finale introduced the flash forward and showed us Jack's (Matthew Fox) slide into alcoholism when he leaves the island. "The flash forward is part of an overall plan for the show," says Damon Lindelof, co-executive producer. "Season 4 is about who gets off the island and the fact that they need to get back. Season 5 is about why they need to get back, and season 6 is about what happens when they get back."

3. We know who survives: Season four introduced six survivors: Jack (Matthew Fox); Kate (Evangeline Lilly); Hurley (Jorge Garcia), and Sayid (Naveen Andrews). This "Oceanic 6" make it off the island, but one will die - exactly who will be revealed this season. "We've made a choice to focus on the characters that fans have loved since the beginning - Jack, Kate, Sawyer (Josh Holloway), Locke (Terry O'Quinn), Sayid and Hurley," says Lindelof.

4. The new characters are great: What tangled web will they weave? Daniel Faraday (Jeremy Davies), is very nervous physicist and Miles Straume (Ken Cheung) is an angry ghost whisperer. Cultural anthropologist Charlotte Lewis (Rebecca Mader) manages to still look lovely hanging upside down from a tree. And Frank Lapidus (Jeff Fahey) is the pilot who was supposed to be flying Oceanic 815.

5. Jack and Locke are rivals: Jack's lost leadership of the island to Locke, after a minor coup, promises tense clashes. We think Ben is still running the show, especially since we now know that he has a spy on the freighter. "Nefariousness is in the eye of the beholder," says Carlton Cuse, co-executive producer. "If you are Benjamin Linus, everyone is nefarious, except for you."

6. Sayid teams up with Ben: The folks from the freighter are allegedly more dangerous than the Others ever were. We know that Sayid works for Ben in the future, and Hurley's helping Locke trick Jack and Kate.

7. We get more episodes: Lindehof and Cuse were only supposed to do 8 episodes of "Lost." Now that the writers' strike is over, they'll do 13. Episode 7 will conclude with a cliff-hanger, after which the show will take a month-long break. "There will be very significant mysteries answered in the seventh episode," says Cuse. "The eighth episode is non-traditional and the start of something new."

8. More sexual tension: The love quadrangle between Jack and Kate, Kate and Sawyer, and Jack and Juliet promises delicious complications, with Jack telling Kate he loves her, Sawyer asking Kate to shack up with him on the island and Juliet saving the day for Jack.

9. The show travels: "Lost'"s opening graphic now includes the reflection of a city in the water. "We're taking the show off the island this season, to places like Berlin and Tunisia," says Cuse.

10. There is an end: J.K. Rowling convinced Lindelof and Cuse to set an end date for "Lost." "When we heard her say that she was only writing seven [Harry Potters], we were inspired," says Lindelof. "Franchise shows like 'Grey's Anatomy' don't need to have a beginning, middle and end. They can bring in new doctors, nurses and patients, but shows like ours need to have a place to go."

11. Phillybear wears lipstick :headbanger:

AS for the one in the Coffin I am assuming it is Sawyer as he had no friends which is why noone was there , and Since Kate seemed ready to get back with Jack in the flash forward if he accepted Aaron - seems like Sawyer did something pretty focked up when they left the Island.

Eceanic 6 i am thinking end up being Jack, Kate, Sayid , Hurley , Sawyer , and the Korean Chick.

Episode 5: Feb. 28

Episode 6: March 6

Episode 7: March 13

Episode 8: March 20

Episode 9: April 24

Episode 10: May 1

Episode 11: May 8

Episode 12: May 15

Episode 13: May 22 (season finale)