Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Al Davis

Damn he's going after him and airing out some dirty laundry.

also, he's in SoCal in September wearing a focking wool turtle neck pullover thing and a giant black Raiders coat over the top of it. He's dying soon, seriously.

I guess I missed it, I just turned on ESPN, and they are discussing it......

I wanted to see the old fool drool all over himself.

He was pissed because he said Chris Mortenson had the story 1 minute after Al Davis got off the phone with Kiffin.

I just can't believe Mortenson actually got a story right. That should be the newsflash.

Al Davis is seriously pushing the actor off of the movie "Hannibal" with anthony hopkins.

You know....the dude in the wheelchair......"Cornelius" Cornelius.................arghhhhhhhhhhhhh :first:

The Crypt Keeper lives (well, at least for a little while longer).

:pointstosky:

Vampires don't live, they're undead.

The first question he asked was 'are you going to pay me'

For $3.5 MM I think my first question would have been

straight cash, homey?

after watching that i realized davis isnt as senile as one might think but still pretty bad. if some of the stuff he says about kiffin is indeed true (not sure i believe all of it) then fock kiffin.

altho one alarming thing was when they flashed the recent coaching history graphic and its like all 1 year or 2 years with the exception of Gruden.

Raiders fans Unite! We need to contact Tom Walsh at his B & B and convince him to come back and take the Raiders HC job!

:pointstosky:

After watching the full press conference, I feel bad for Davis. He feels betrayed, and he was to a certain extent.

Kiffin wanting to bring his father in to coach the defense sounds like a fun idea, but in the end, it wasn't practical. As Davis said, there are 24 coaches and about half would have to be let go and replaced. At the same time Kiffin was making this request, he was looking for other jobs, so where is the commitment? Tough spot for Davis. It does seem that Kiffin has some growing up to do.

Kudos for posting the clip. Damn! That was DEPRESSING! The old coot still looks like he's got another 5 years left in him!

Seriously, Kiffin should be on the phone to his lawyer yesterday. ANY judge and jury is going to swat The Godfathers delusional reasoning right out of court like a Mutumbo spalding special, finger wave and all. Anyone catch that BS about Al wanting to try and make it work? That ain't his style. Kiff would've been gone post haste immediately if Davis thought he had a solid enough case to screw him out of the dough weeks ago.

And time management...???????? What crap. I watched Art Shell butcher the clock for years. And what's this about Mort? Mortenson's the straightest shooter in the business. He just calls it like he sees it, and Davis hates him.

Bottom line. NO drafted Raider has made the Pro Bowl since at least 2000, except their punter. And that's with multiple top overall picks. Davis runs EVERYTHING in the East Bay. It's evident he's still as sharp as a tack. Anybody think he doesn't have those crooked fingers in every till?

What a focking disgrace. Thank God for the Black Hole, cold beer, and Oakland cops who leave you alone in the parking lot on Sundays.

The whole time he's talking I keep thinking if you throw some big glasses and some bling on him he is Elliot Gould's character from Ocean's Eleven.

Al Davis is seriously pushing the actor off of the movie "Hannibal" with anthony hopkins.

You know....the dude in the wheelchair......"Cornelius" Cornelius.................arghhhhhhhhhhhhh :o

Mason Verger

A perfect example of a great coach who is way past his prime... Unfortunately, Oakland is in cruise control with a squinting senior citizen behind the wheel. The wreck is inevitable!!

Kiffin should be happy he is out, he'll be wanted somewhere else. And as long as it isn't Oakland- he's going to be with a better team.

Gridirongremlins.com

As long as Al Davis is alive, the Raiders will suck. Davis is like Jerry Jones in that he is hands on, but unlike Jerry....Al Davis refuses to draft talented players. Al Davis is the bad type of hands on owner while Jerry is the good version. I would seriously go crazy if I was a raiders fan now. I don't know how they keep it together with all the crap Al Davis has put them through. The day Davis dies the raiders will finally have a dark cloud lifted from their team.

Folks, folks, that was an unbalanced and physically unfit person we saw today. Look at the Maras, look at the Rooneys, and others, in those franchises the scions pass on the teams generationally. Who is Al passing it on to? Davis has been around since 1960. he used to be a coach, a great one, himself. But the track record since firing Gruden has been unacceptable. Kiffin will be getting his money, you can be sure of that, and he will get hired elsewhere as an assistant and then a coordinator somewhere else, and he will have a successful career. Kiffin's only mistake was taking that job in the first place. Raider fans are great fans, they deserve better, but they will not be getting it for a long, long time. One day, if this continues, the NFL may seriously determine if they need to intercede there if Davis keeps disintegrating without ceding control. Just wait until the next job search - who do you think will actually take this job after Cable??? Just wait `til you see who does; that guy will make Lane Kiffin look like Vince Lombardi.

I know I can't be the only one that believes the old man, can I? Sounds like Kiffin is a sneaky weasel and wasn't cut out for the NFL (but still wanted his money). Davis simply pulled his card.

Davis may be old but I swear Oakland was in the Superbowl a few years ago... There is no way he makes EVERY decision, like the media seems to think. Like he said they've let some good players go... The current team with Moss is probably 3-1 right now.

Al Davis may be a cranky old ######, but Kiffen was a whiny child He publicly whined and insulted the Raider players and refused to accept a loss as being his fault. Basically Kiffen was too young to be a head coach and he thought the job would be easy and wins would come soon. He found out it would take years since they had a rookie QB. A rookie QB that he did not want and he even clashed with Davis at the draft. Al Davis is a ###### and I hate him, but Kiffen deserves to be blamed as well. The crap he pulled was like Nick Saban and his tenure with Miami only Kiffen was fired and not paid unlike that piece of sh-t Saban.

Al Davis and his ego are running this team into the ground... and it has been sad to watch such a pathetic situation unfold over the years.

Am I the only one that caught Al Davis contradict himself?

He says Kiffen had say in the defense. But was mad because he had some C.J. Johnson inactive. Then said he didn't have the authority to make him inactive. Ryan tells Kiffen not to do it. WTF is that?

Bottom line is Al Davis has man love for Rob Ryan and JaMarcus Russell. Almost every coach gets to hire his own staff. Davis didn't let Kiffen hire his own guy. Then Kiffen doesn't get to choose his QB for his sytem?

al davis is trying to make his case for why he is not going to pay kiffin.

:overhead: Davis seems like a snake to me after seeing that press conference. I admit, I'm not really familiar with the facts of the situation, but regardless, just fire the guy and move on. Bsed on the history of the revolving door of coaches, I don't think Davis has much credibility.

The Raiders will never be able to bring in a real head coach after this debacle. What real coach is going to go to this team when the owner publicly tries to screw you over and refuses to pay you? He did this to Shanahan too, and the rest of the league saw that Shanny is a pretty good coach. I actually was impressed with what Kiffin was able to do with the junk signings and draft picks that Davis threw his way. And I'm sure he's glad to be out of that mess. The Raiders will be stuck with coaches who couldn't get a head coaching job anywhere else until Davis is gone.

The Raiders will never be able to bring in a real head coach after this debacle. What real coach is going to go to this team when the owner publicly tries to screw you over and refuses to pay you? He did this to Shanahan too, and the rest of the league saw that Shanny is a pretty good coach. I actually was impressed with what Kiffin was able to do with the junk signings and draft picks that Davis threw his way. And I'm sure he's glad to be out of that mess. The Raiders will be stuck with coaches who couldn't get a head coaching job anywhere else until Davis is gone.

Did you even listen to Al Davis' press conference. He said Kiffin wanted both Javon Walker and DeAngelo Hall and Kiffin really pushed to get DeAngelo Hall.

I know I can't be the only one that believes the old man, can I? Sounds like Kiffin is a sneaky weasel and wasn't cut out for the NFL (but still wanted his money). Davis simply pulled his card.

Davis may be old but I swear Oakland was in the Superbowl a few years ago... There is no way he makes EVERY decision, like the media seems to think. Like he said they've let some good players go... The current team with Moss is probably 3-1 right now.

I agree.

Did you even listen to Al Davis' press conference. He said Kiffin wanted both Javon Walker and DeAngelo Hall and Kiffin really pushed to get DeAngelo Hall.

Right, and I believe everything that comes out of that senile old mouth when he's bashing a guy that he's trying to make a case against paying. :doublethumbsup:

Kiffin was given no control over choosing his own coaching staff, and I'm supposed to believe that he had allot of input in free agent signings? Please.

As long as Al Davis is alive, the Raiders will suck. Davis is like Jerry Jones in that he is hands on, but unlike Jerry....Al Davis refuses to draft talented players. Al Davis is the bad type of hands on owner while Jerry is the good version. I would seriously go crazy if I was a raiders fan now. I don't know how they keep it together with all the crap Al Davis has put them through. The day Davis dies the raiders will finally have a dark cloud lifted from their team.

How long have you followed the Cowboys? JJ destroyed the team Jimmy Johnson build and he will wipe out the team the Tuna build given time. JJ is a great businessman but sucks as a football GM. He is just a newer version of Al.

Am I the only one that caught Al Davis contradict himself?

He says Kiffen had say in the defense. But was mad because he had some C.J. Johnson inactive. Then said he didn't have the authority to make him inactive. Ryan tells Kiffen not to do it. WTF is that?

Bottom line is Al Davis has man love for Rob Ryan and JaMarcus Russell. Almost every coach gets to hire his own staff. Davis didn't let Kiffen hire his own guy. Then Kiffen doesn't get to choose his QB for his sytem?

He contradicted himself more than once. "I personally gave Kiffin the letter"...then "I Federal Expressed the letter to him". :doublethumbsup:

I don't doubt that Al love his team, but he is like an old person unfit to have a drivers license but won't stop driving. The day Al let anyone but Kiffin decide who his staff would be is the day Kiffin was setup to fail. You bring in a head coach and give him the reigns over his staff and the game plan. If he says he wants to make a staff change, you allow it. The second you say no, you'll have a fractured environment.

Right, and I believe everything that comes out of that senile old mouth when he's bashing a guy that he's trying to make a case against paying. :doublethumbsup:

Kiffin was given no control over choosing his own coaching staff, and I'm supposed to believe that he had allot of input in free agent signings? Please.

Isn't it right that Kiffin wasn't even a coordinator at USC, just an assistant? Al Davis was, before this, hiring college assistants as NFL head coaches. God only knows where he goes now for a head coach. Davis is interested in two kinds of people to coach his team: yes-men (Walsh, Cable) and those whom he thinks doesn't know any better (Kiffin, who may have fit into that category but apparently wised up, which is probably why Davis kept repeating that Kiffin wasn't the guy he thought he had hired).

In watching both Davis and Kiffin in their press conferences, I find it hard not to believe Kiffin. I think Davis is the sneaky weasel who want his coaches to bow down and agree with his every opinion.

The only reason Oakland was in the Superbowl was they use to have a great coach in Gruden..who Davis also got rid of. I love how people bring Moss into the Oakland discussion...does everyone not remember how Moss played in Oakland....just because he still has talent does not mean it would have manifested itself in that mess.

He's dying soon, seriously.

I couldn't stop staring at his gooey eye , mabey his glaucoma medicine has helped him make all these wonderfull team decisions !

You could pretty much tell Davis was lying for two reasons:

1) Because he sees the press - that's what's driving him anyway - the press has been BRUTAL toward him and he feels it's all Kiffin's fault. No, we all thought you were a f'ing loon long ago. Kiffin might have helped reveal some of the lunacy that a tight-lipped company man like Art Shell wouldn't do, but he didn't create it. Al's seeing his reputation slide and he blames it all one someone else.

2) He's setting up the legal case. Look, just like Kiffin said "putting it on paper doesn't make it true". I'll post the text of the letter that Davis drafted in a seperate post. I've seen letters like this. I've written letters like this for work. You 'document' things for future legal action. But just because you write it down and say "you (Kiffin) approved of every free agent - doesn't make it true." We all know the realities and his 'letter' is far from that reality. Again, Davis is finally seeing it slide and is trying to blame anyone but himself.

Here is the text of a letter provided by the Oakland Raiders that owner Al Davis said he gave to Lane Kiffin on Sept. 12, telling him that if he violated terms of his contract he would be fired for cause:

September 12, 2008

By Hand Delivery and Federal Express

Dear Lane:

Over the past months, you have made a number of public statements that were highly critical of, and designed to embarrass and discredit, this organization, its players and its coaches. I left you alone during training camp in hopes that you would cease your immature and destructive campaign.

However, you continue to make public statements that are critical of the organization, its players as whole as well as individual players. Such statements constitute conduct detrimental to the Raiders and I will no longer stand silently by while you continue to hurt this organization.

Further, your contract is quite clear that you work "subject to the direction and supervision of the General Partner" and that the General Partner has "the exclusive right to do all things, which in its sole discretion are necessary to maintain and improve the Club, the football organization and their activities."

I realized when I hired you that you were young and inexperienced and that there would be a learning process for you. Your mistakes on player personnel and coaches were overlooked based on our patience with you. But I never dreamt that you would be untruthful in statements to the press as well as on so many other issues. Your actions are those of a coach looking to makes (sic) excuses for not winning, rather than a coach focused on winning.

For example, with the exception of Gibril Wilson, you were involved in recruiting all free agents and determining salaries for them and you were explicit about your desire to sign Javon Walker and DeAngelo Hall amongst others. All were a must to sign in your eyes, Hall, in particular, because he played for Greg Knapp in Atlanta and Knapp gave him high grades. Do not run from that now.

I do realize that you did not want us to draft JaMarcus Russell. He is a great player. Get over it and coach this team on the field, that is what you were hired to do. We can win with this team!

In regards to your recent fabrications about the defense, during the final cuts you made every cut on offense and every cut on defense except for (Fred) Wakefield on defense and (Seth) Wand on offense. Furthermore, during the game Monday night (defensive coordinator) Rob (Ryan) played your Cover-2 defense and we got killed on an approximately 50-yard touchdown pass and an approximately 70-yard gain that led to a field goal.

You meet every week with the defensive coaches to go over both the past game and to get a general feel for what will happen during the week in practice. You have the ability and authority to provide your input during those meetings and the preparation of the game plan. I do not have weekly meetings with Rob — you do.

During the week no one has ever told you what to do on either offense or defense. In addition, no one has ever told you during a game what to do on either offense or defense and you call every play on offense. During a game if you want to blitz more, all you have to do is let Rob know what blitz you want and he will do it.

Although you continue to use the media to express your dissatisfaction with others, no one has publicly pointed out to you that in four preseason games and one regular-season game played this year, your offense has scored one first-half touchdown. That put tremendous pressure on the defense.

I know that you wanted to bring your father in to run the defense and that Monte told me that he wanted to come here even though he as (sic) under contract to Tampa. However I did not want to tamper with another team. In any event that was over seven months ago. Do not now also run from the defense and your responsibilities.

This letter constitutes notice that if you further violate any term of your contract, in any manner whatsoever, you will be terminated for cause. I trust that this will not occur.

A.D. Football, Inc.

Two things of note: The blue sections. On the one hand, he's very clear that only he has the power to whatever the fock he wants. Yet, he turns around and says "You (lane) approved of and were directly involved in all the moves." You can tell he's papering his cause after the fact.

Second - How the hell do you have screw-ups in a letter that you KNOW was crafted by lawyers, typed, re-typed and scrutinized? What an unprofessional moron.

- This is going to get ugly.

:thumbsdown:

ESPN has a couple former Raiduhs on like Jon Ritchie and phil villapiano trashing the coach and praising Al Davis

like he is still a god and still knows what he's doing and it's other people messing up. people are taking pot shots

at him that are unfounded.

after all these coaches, it seems the only constant here in all this losing is al davis, do you see this?

Phil: no not at all, he hired these guys to win, they let Al down. Al is a god I worship him.

how about you, jon?

Mr. davis is the raiduhs, he has a winning scheme blah blah blah

:rolleyes:

Look, the guy is gonna freakin die someday, might as well cross that bridge and say he's lost it.