Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

**Official NFL Power Rankings- Playoff edition***

Ok. I don't care if your team finished 13-3 or 8-8. It don't mean a thing at this point (other than home field advantage). Here's how i rate the teams going into the playoffs:

1. New York Giants- Playoff experience is huge. Manning is unflappable and they should have a healthy Jacobs back. I can't bet against the returning champs.

2. Carolina Panthers- Williams/Stewart are awesome on the ground and Smith/Muhammed are money in the air. Add a good defense and they have a legit shot.

3. Pittsburgh Steelers- Not sure why they removed Rothlesberger's facemask for a simple concussion. Theatrics, I suppose. Good thing he didn't also have a bloody nose, they would have probably used the Jaws of Life and airlifted him.

4. Indianapolis Colts- Manning is playing great and they are teh hottest team in the league right now. Unfortunately for them, they have to play the 2nd hottest team in round one.

5. Tennessee Titans- Healthy and well-rested. I'm interested to see how Collins holds up in the playoffs.

6. Philadelphia Eagles- The team that beat the Giants two weeks ago and Dallas yesterday can beat anyone. The team that lost to Washington last week can lose to anyone. We never know which team will show up.

7. Baltimore Ravens- We already knew about their defense, but now they are putting up big points. They'll have a tough road playing away from home, though.

8. San Diego Chargers- They're playing very well, but will have a huge challenge in front of them vs. Indy this week.

9. Atlanta Falcons- Ryan, like Flacco, is playing very unrookie-like. I think they'll steamroll Arizona.

10. Miami Dolphins- Unbelievable turnaround from last year. I'm not sure how Pennington and Co. will fare against Baltimore, but they do have home field advantage.

11. Minnesota Vikings- They always have the threat of ADP breaking a long one, and the defense plays well at times, but they've probably the playoff's most inconsistant team.

12. Arizona Cardinals- They pretty much showed in the last six weeks that they have no business being in the playoffs, but someone had to get in from that division. An embarrassing first round loss awaits them.

I would move the eagles and the ravens above the Titans, and I would move the colts to the #1 overall spot, and slide everybody else down a peg.

But overall it is a pretty good list.

The team that put up a robust 3 points vs Washington and gutlessly quit on the season 2 weeks ago is ranked #6?

BRILLIANT!!!

It's a disgrace that this fraud of a team backed their way into the playoffs due to every other NFC team choking even more, but I'm stunned that you have the Eagles ranked above any AFC team. That's a disgrace. And nevermind that the Eagles are the #6 seed in the weaker conference, they somehow are an elite team in your eyes.

A cavalcade of stupidity. An overflowing bounty of homeristic idiocy. Kudos. You've outdone yourself. Happy fishing, and I will be rooting against the Eagles as they flame out in a blow out next week. The good thing is that much like you, the Eagles front office still believes they are a contender, and will not make the necessary changes this off season. Say hello to a steady decline to the bottom of the league from your perch of mediocre teams. This is about where the Ray Rhodes era started to decline.

The Eagles can beat a few teams if they play a perfect game, but they have shown they can and will lose to anybody if they don't play perfect. A very flawed team with many, many problems. How has playing on the road worked out for you guys in the playoffs the last few years?

Edit: I might put the Eagles at #15. Obviously, New England and NY Jets are better teams. Denver is a maybe.

The team that put up a robust 3 points vs Washington and gutlessly quit on the season 2 weeks ago is ranked #6?

BRILLIANT!!!

It's a disgrace that this fraud of a team backed their way into the playoffs due to every other NFC team choking even more, but I'm stunned that you have the Eagles ranked above any AFC team. That's a disgrace. And nevermind that the Eagles are the #6 seed in the weaker conference, they somehow are an elite team in your eyes.

A cavalcade of stupidity. An overflowing bounty of homeristic idiocy. Kudos. You've outdone yourself. Happy fishing, and I will be rooting against the Eagles as they flame out in a blow out next week. The good thing is that much like you, the Eagles front office still believes they are a contender, and will not make the necessary changes this off season. Say hello to a steady decline to the bottom of the league from your perch of mediocre teams. This is about where the Ray Rhodes era started to decline.

The Eagles can beat a few teams if they play a perfect game, but they have shown they can and will lose to anybody if they don't play perfect. A very flawed team with many, many problems. How has playing on the road worked out for you guys in the playoffs the last few years?

Edit: I might put the Eagles at #15. Obviously, New England and NY Jets are better teams. Denver is a maybe.

+1

You do realize that this is the 'playoff edition' don't you? :first:

Last I checked, New England, the Jets, and Denver will be home with your Seahawks watching the Eagles play next week.

Oh, and congratulations on securing the fourth overall pick in the draft. :overhead: Nice season.

Since you seem to have a bad stutter, shouldn't this one have been +2?

What you talkn' about Willis? :rolleyes:

You do realize that this is the 'playoff edition' don't you? :rolleyes:

You have the 12 best playoff team ranked #6? Good job, sweetie. Are you taking your unemployment checks and using them to buy warm milk and bathrobes, NewbieJr McPoyle?

What you talkn' about Willis? ;)

I must be seeing things. ;)

Good luck next week. Should be a good one. :rolleyes:

You have the 12 best playoff team ranked #6? Good job, sweetie. Are you taking your unemployment checks and using them to buy warm milk and bathrobes, NewbieJr McPoyle?

Why don't you ask the four playoff teams that Philly has already beaten this year where they'd rank them. :rolleyes:

Why is it always the fans of the league's worst teams who are so bitter? Hmmmmmmmmmm

1. Giants

2. Panthers

3. Titans

4. Steelers

5. Colts

6. Ravens

7. Falcons

8. Eagles

9. Chargers

10. Dolphins

11. Cards

12. Vikings

Can't beat those rankings.

Edit: I changed the Titans and Steelers. Ben's injury doesn't help. I do like their experience in big games over the Titans experience. If teams catch the Steelers when their D is really on their game, they won't be beat in the AFC.

Why don't you ask the four playoff teams that Philly has already beaten this year where they'd rank them. :thumbsdown:

Why is it always the fans of the league's worst teams who are so bitter? Hmmmmmmmmmm

I have them 8, so I wont bash you that much for having them 6. But come on, this is a cycle. You get excited after a win, rank them top 6 when just last week you had them "bubbling under", then they will lose. It has been the same thing all year. From #12 to #6 with 1 win. Then excitment by you, then a let down, then back down to #12. When hot they are a top 5 team, but they can be just as flat any given day and be a middle of the pack team. Knowing this that puts them at 8 or so. They just killed a team, but a poor team. Romo and the chokers, good win to get you in the playoffs, but I think any decent team at home would have beat the Cowboys like that yesturday. People pick on you because 1 day you can be excited, next day they tie Cincy. Then 1 game can change your mind yet again and make you think they are the shiz. One day you will get it.

I have them 8, so I wont bash you that much for having them 6. But come on, this is a cycle. You get excited after a win, rank them top 6 when just last week you had them "bubbling under", then they will lose. It has been the same thing all year. From #12 to #6 with 1 win. Then excitment by you, then a let down, then back down to #12. When hot they are a top 5 team, but they can be just as flat any given day and be a middle of the pack team. Knowing this that puts them at 8 or so. They just killed a team, but a poor team. Romo and the chokers, good win to get you in the playoffs, but I think any decent team at home would have beat the Cowboys like that yesturday. People pick on you because 1 day you can be excited, next day they tie Cincy. Then 1 game can change your mind yet again and make you think they are the shiz. One day you will get it.

This is a good response, and I'm a HUGE Eagles fan. Newbie, I'm not sure why you always try to defend the team. As Eagles fans we know what this team is capable of, both good and bad. Obviously I'm extremely excited, like you, that they still have a shot. On any given week this team has the talent and ability to be the best team in football and beat anyone. BUT on any given day they have the ability to show up flat and lifeless and look like a team that should be getting a top 10 draft pick. Lets just let things unfold and see what happens. This team SHOULD beat the Vikings next weekend. But again, I would never say they should win easily or that I'm looking ahead to a game against the Giants, cuz as we both know, this team could easily lose any game to any team. The Vikings are fairly one dimensional and that should play into the hands of Jim Johnson. Slow down Peterson and the offense puts up some points, and this should be a game they can win. But again, just let things unfold. Any team with a back as dynamic as Peterson is a scary team, and they're at home. But trying to justify your rankings to a fan of a bottom feeder in the NFL seems kind of pointless.

I'd put the Eagles down at #9 in your listing. They beat up a terrible Dallas team and a beat-up NYG team. Don't get too excited. I don't think they could be the Ravens or Falcons right now.

BRILLIANT!!!

How is the conference with the SB champs and the toughest division in football the weaker conference? :rolleyes:

Obviously us veteran posters know that you are a loser with an Anti-philly chip on your shoulder.

Why don't you move back to the suicide capital of the U.S. and open a vein?

TIA

Ok. I don't care if your team finished 13-3 or 8-8. It don't mean a thing at this point (other than home field advantage). Here's how i rate the teams going into the playoffs:

1. New York Giants- Playoff experience is huge. Manning is unflappable and they should have a healthy Jacobs back. I can't bet against the returning champs.

2. Carolina Panthers- Williams/Stewart are awesome on the ground and Smith/Muhammed are money in the air. Add a good defense and they have a legit shot.

3. Pittsburgh Steelers- Not sure why they removed Rothlesberger's facemask for a simple concussion. Theatrics, I suppose. Good thing he didn't also have a bloody nose, they would have probably used the Jaws of Life and airlifted him.

4. Indianapolis Colts- Manning is playing great and they are teh hottest team in the league right now. Unfortunately for them, they have to play the 2nd hottest team in round one.

5. Tennessee Titans- Healthy and well-rested. I'm interested to see how Collins holds up in the playoffs.

6. Philadelphia Eagles- The team that beat the Giants two weeks ago and Dallas yesterday can beat anyone. The team that lost to Washington last week can lose to anyone. We never know which team will show up.

7. Baltimore Ravens- We already knew about their defense, but now they are putting up big points. They'll have a tough road playing away from home, though.

8. San Diego Chargers- They're playing very well, but will have a huge challenge in front of them vs. Indy this week.

9. Atlanta Falcons- Ryan, like Flacco, is playing very unrookie-like. I think they'll steamroll Arizona.

10. Miami Dolphins- Unbelievable turnaround from last year. I'm not sure how Pennington and Co. will fare against Baltimore, but they do have home field advantage.

11. Minnesota Vikings- They always have the threat of ADP breaking a long one, and the defense plays well at times, but they've probably the playoff's most inconsistant team.

12. Arizona Cardinals- They pretty much showed in the last six weeks that they have no business being in the playoffs, but someone had to get in from that division. An embarrassing first round loss awaits them.

here we go. you really wanted to put the eagles just above the titans and colts, but just couldnt pull the trigger! this is a BS list.

1. Colts

2. Panthers

3. Giants

4. Titans

5. Steelers

6. Falcons

7. Ravens

8. Eagles

9. Chargers

10. Dolphins

11. Vikings

12. Cardinals

A lot of people say the Colts will make it to the SB. I don't get it. They have been hot. They have Manning but that is it. The D is average. They have ZERO running game. They face the Steelers or Titans on the road they will be beat. They won't respect the run and will just tee off on Manning.

here we go. you really wanted to put the eagles just above the titans and colts, but just couldnt pull the trigger! this is a BS list.

I didn't put them above the Titans and Colts because I don't think they deserve to be.

... and why would I be 'afraid to pull the trigger'? You make no sense.

Why are you even here? This thread is about playoff teams.

Read the write-up I have about them after there name in teh original post.

You seem to be echoing my very statement. Not sure what your point is here.

Read my posts last week after the Redskins game. I said the same thing I said after the Cincy tie. How can a team that looks so good one week look so uninspired the next. Like any NFL fan, I'm excited when my team plays well and disapointed when they don't.

Guess what? If they beat Minnesota 31-7, I'll put them higher, if they win 10-7 and look uninspired, I'll have them towards the bottom. If they lose, they won't be ranked. Same goes for every team. :pointstosky:

Read the write-up I have about them after there name in teh original post.

You seem to be echoing my very statement. Not sure what your point is here.

Read my posts last week after the Redskins game. I said the same thing I said after the Cincy tie. How can a team that looks so good one week look so uninspired the next. Like any NFL fan, I'm excited when my team plays well and disapointed when they don't.

Guess what? If they beat Minnesota 31-7, I'll put them higher, if they win 10-7 and look uninspired, I'll have them towards the bottom. If they lose, they won't be ranked. Same goes for every team. :pointstosky:

My point is you rank the Eagles at their high end. If that is how your rankings work, rank each team at their high end. If you did that the Ravens would be above the Eagles.

Sometimes they play like a top 5 team. Doesn't me they are a top 5 or 6 team. Sometimes they play like a top 10-15 team, doesn't mean they are a 10-15 team. In the middle of 5-15 is a pretty nice spot. 8-10.

what i find most interesting about these rankings are the missing weeks when the Eagles wouldn't have merited a top 15 ranking. :pointstosky:

as far as these playoff rankings go, i like them

mine would be

Indy

NYG

Carolina

Pitt

Baltimore

Tenn

Atl

Philly

Minn

SD

Miami

Arizona

what i find most interesting about these rankings are the missing weeks when the Eagles wouldn't have merited a top 15 ranking. :dunno:

as far as these playoff rankings go, i like them

mine would be

Indy

NYG

Carolina

Pitt

Baltimore

Tenn

Atl

Philly

Minn

SD

Miami

Arizona

Not bad.

There's a lot of love for Indy here. I have them highly-ranked as well, but I can't see them winning the championship ngame on the road. Could be wrong, of course. Never saw TB losing to Oakland yesterday, either.

Not bad.

There's a lot of love for Indy here. I have them highly-ranked as well, but I can't see them winning the championship ngame on the road. Could be wrong, of course. Never saw TB losing to Oakland yesterday, either.

i sort of ranked them in terms of who i wouldn't want to face in one game... not totally a picture of who i think has best shot to win the SB. IF i went strictly on best shot to win it all, NFC teams would get alot more love from me as i think they have an easier road to make it in general.

How is the conference with the SB champs and the toughest division in football the weaker conference? :music_guitarred:

Obviously us veteran posters know that you are a loser with an Anti-philly chip on your shoulder.

Why don't you move back to the suicide capital of the U.S. and open a vein?

TIA

While I thought maybe the NFC South was a tough division, Tampa Bay's collapse and NO inconsistency would make the AFC East the toughest. Well, it may be a toss up between the two.

Hey, I just call them as I see them.

At home, the Dolphins will soundly beat the Ravens with their rookie QB and rookie coach.

The following week, the Dolphins will soundly beat the Steelers led by whatever backup QB Pittsburgh trots out for slaughter.

The following week, the Dolphins will be at home hosting the AFC Championship game once the Colts upset a hapless Kerry Collins led Titans. The Dolphins will then soundly beat the Colts who will have no answer for Miami's devistating running game.

Two weeks after that, the Dolphins will be in Tampa essentially hosting the SuperBowl against the New York Giants who will find no real competition among the NFC. The Dolphins will then soundly beat the Giants and expose Manning as merely a game manager who needs a miracle from god to ever come from behind. In the decades that follow Miami will dominate the NFL and set a new standard for excellence.

And you heard it here first. :o

At home, the Dolphins will soundly beat the Ravens with their rookie QB and rookie coach.

The following week, the Dolphins will soundly beat the Steelers led by whatever backup QB Pittsburgh trots out for slaughter.

The following week, the Dolphins will be at home hosting the AFC Championship game once the Colts upset a hapless Kerry Collins led Titans. The Dolphins will then soundly beat the Colts who will have no answer for Miami's devistating running game.

Two weeks after that, the Dolphins will be in Tampa essentially hosting the SuperBowl against the New York Giants who will find no real competition among the NFC. The Dolphins will then soundly beat the Giants and expose Manning as merely a game manager who needs a miracle from god to ever come from behind. In the decades that follow Miami will dominate the NFL and set a new standard for excellence.

And you heard it here first. :o

And last, I'd suppose.

1. Giants

2. Colts

3. Panthers

4. Titans

5. Steelers

6. Ravens

7. Dolphins

8. Falcons

9. Eagles

10. Vikings

11. San Diego

12. Cardinals

Any of the top 6 could win it all.

1. Giants

2. Colts

3. Panthers

4. Titans

5. Steelers

6. Ravens

7. Dolphins

8. Falcons

9. Eagles

10. Vikings

11. San Diego

12. Cardinals

Any of the top 6 could win it all.

If San Diego gets past Indy this week, they can, and might, win it all.

With the moronic Phil Rivers at the helm? Crybaby LT carrying the offense? Vacant Norv Turner on the sidelines? :o

Somehow I doubt it. You need leaders to succeed in the playoffs, and the Chargers don't have a single one.

As usual there is no love for the Chargers.

Don't forget the Charges know how to beat the Colts. The Chargers have won 3 of the last 5 meetings. When they played this year Indy had to come from behind in the 4th to win the game.

With the moronic Phil Rivers at the helm? Crybaby LT carrying the offense? Vacant Norv Turner on the sidelines? :o

Somehow I doubt it. You need leaders to succeed in the playoffs, and the Chargers don't have a single one.

Come on now, call their players all the names you want, but anyone who knows football knows that Indy and San Diego are the two hottest teams in the league right now. It's actually a shame that they have to play each other right away.

Come on now, call their players all the names you want, but anyone who knows football knows that Indy and San Diego are the two hottest teams in the league right now. It's actually a shame that they have to play each other right away.

They are an 8-8 team that only made the playoffs because they play in an absolutely pathetic division. Yeah, they are coming off a couple pretty big wins, but those were against the Bucs (totally fell apart) and the Broncos ('nuf said). The only thing this team is going to do in the playoffs is fold like a house of cheaply made cards.

I agree, too bad one of them have to be eliminated so early in the playoffs. <_<

Indy beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh and the Chargers in San Diego this season. <_<

A lot of people say the Colts will make it to the SB. I don't get it. They have been hot. They have Manning but that is it. The D is average. They have ZERO running game. They face the Steelers or Titans on the road they will be beat. They won't respect the run and will just tee off on Manning.

I agree with this statement and would not be surprised if the colts lose to San Diego. I could even see the Cardinals beating Atlanta (did you see Brees putting up almost 400 yards and 4 TD's).

First off...Thanks for the post Newbie...I like your rankings as usual.

I too am really high on my Colts right now, but I was hoping to play Denver at home, rather than the Chargers, but on that note, until we find our running game in the Playoffs, playing in nice weather will only help Manning and Co.

We can and should beat the Chargers, if our Defense, namely Bob Sanders, stops their WR's, that was our biggest issue when we played them the first part of the season, we had trouble covering them, we only had little issues with the running game and in the past, Turner is what caused us problems, not LT, so he is gone, but Spooles is one hell of a runner and honestly, would do more damage against us.

But, I am hoping Bob Sanders jacks up Rivers. He is the worst QB in the league right now, as far as running his mouth not only to players, but to fans. He needs his high ego knocked down a bit.

Go Colts, I am hoping for a second title in 3 years and they are hot and playing well. Defense and Offense.

I agree. I think whoever wins the SD/Indy game will play in the Super Bowl.

I'm liking whoever comes out of the Philly/Minny game to make it to the NFC Championship. I got a feeling it's going to be Philly vs. Carolina in the NFC Championship, with Carolina going to the SB.

Carolina over SD/Indy for the ring.

:lol:

Newbie, as usual, you've placed Philthy too high. The only reason you put that "I don't care if your team is 8-8 or 13-3 crap on there is because yours is 9-6-1.

FWIW...Steelers vs Giants in the big dance. Colts were fortunate to win vs the Steelers the 1st time, won't happen again. Titans will get exposed.

I agree. I think whoever wins the SD/Indy game will play in the Super Bowl.

I'm liking whoever comes out of the Philly/Minny game to make it to the NFC Championship. I got a feeling it's going to be Philly vs. Carolina in the NFC Championship, with Carolina going to the SB.

Carolina over SD/Indy for the ring.

:lol:

Do you really think that a team that barely won a TERRIBLE division at 8-8 can make it to the Superbowl?