Sign in to follow this  
atlbkk03

Larry Fitz .. #1 WR next year by far

2 TDs already today against a supposedly very good Eagles secondary.. This guy has been a superman so far in the playoff...

He is definitely the first WR taken in the draft next year..

2 TDs already today against a supposedly very good Eagles secondary.. This guy has been a superman so far in the playoff...

He is definitely the first WR taken in the draft next year..

Only if Warner is starter again. Do not trust Leinart.

Only if Warner is starter again. Do not trust Leinart.

If Warner retires and Boldin forces a trade then Fitz drops down to the 5-9 range imo..

I'll go with Randy one more year! Calvin looks like a beast as well.

There's some guy named Andre who plays in Houston.

before the playoffs I had Andre 1 and Fitz 2.

If Warner comes back, I'll switch them

Another op who has never heard of Calvin Johnson. With NO QB, Calvin put up only 100 yards less and just as many TD's on the worst NFL team in history. Fitz benefitted from a high powered offense. Calvin also had double and triple coverage and still could not be stopped.

It's Calvin Johnson easily.

before the playoffs I had Andre 1 and Fitz 2.

If Warner comes back, I'll switch them

:thumbsdown:

Couldn't have said it better!

It's Calvin Johnson easily.

What planet are you from? Calvin easily? Calvin is easily better than Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss and a few others......easily?

He may be as talented as the best in the league, but we have no idea what type of offense will be run in Detroit or anything. We know what we'll get from Fitz, Moss, AJ. I think Calvin is a phenomenal talent, but if I had my choice I'd take Fitz or AJ over him for sure. You say Fitz benefited from a high powered offense....okay and that means?? Yeah, definitly knock him down a notch, especially in fantasy football, because he's in a high powered offense and take the guy who is double/triple covered over him. What? Are you serious?

Nobody will deny that Calvin isn't greatness in the making, but to make a statement that he's easily the best is rediculous.

Here's the issue. He's gonna go too high now. The game is to find NEXT year's Larry Fitz.

Staying ahead of the curve, that's the ticket.

So, who are the guys with the talent to put up Fitz type #'s and challenge for that #1 wr spot next year?

Off the top of my head:

Fitz - duh

AJ

Calvin

Boldin

R Moss

Colsten - imo

Wayne - maybe

S Smith - maybe, qb issues

I guess I'd rather let someone else pick Fitz a round too early, get value in that round, and come back 12 picks later with one of the other guys.

Brandon Marshall is a guy worthy of top 8 consideration IMO. Just depends on how the coaching change(s) effect DEN's offense and what happens at RB. But he deserves to be in the conversation as much as guys like Steve Smith and Colston IMO.

A bad DEN defense + Cutler + Eddie Royal on the opposite end = top 8 numbers for Marshall (dep. on RB and coaching)

I get to choose between Calvin, Fitz and Steve Smith. :thumbsdown:

Oh ya, I've had Fitz since '06 in Dynasty. I'm president of his fan club.

Just sayin, in redraft, the price is gonna be too high. It's all about value.

If Warner retires and Boldin forces a trade then Fitz drops down to the 5-9 range imo..

Fitz is not dependant on Boldin, Breaston would be fine at #2 WR. But if Warner leaves yes.

Fitz is not dependant on Boldin, Breaston would be fine at #2 WR. But if Warner leaves yes.

I can see this breaking either way. Boldin is WAY Better than Breaston. People have short short memories. So, you'd think he'd draw some coverage. On the other hand, Boldin has almost the same number of TD's as Fitz. I don't see Breast pulling those down. I could definitely see Fitz doing so. So, there's a bit of good and bad in a Boldin-less world.

I can see this breaking either way. Boldin is WAY Better than Breaston. People have short short memories. So, you'd think he'd draw some coverage. On the other hand, Boldin has almost the same number of TD's as Fitz. I don't see Breast pulling those down. I could definitely see Fitz doing so. So, there's a bit of good and bad in a Boldin-less world.

It's the great question of FFB.

If you have the WR1, how good do you want the 2nd Wr to be?

I'm usually in the camp that the more talent the better. Over the course of the season, it will help all parties to have the best players in the offense.

Fitz just might be the greatest reciever to ever play the game IMO, but fantasy wise it's still a toss up between him A.J. and Calvin.

Also, what would you guys do if you were me in this dynasty situation?

Keep Turner and give up a 7th round pick?

Keep Andre Johnson and give up a 5th round pick?

Keep Calvin and give up a 6th round pick?

I'm leaning torwards Turner, but I really don't see him having near as good of a year next year as this year.

Fitz just might be the greatest reciever to ever play the game IMO, but fantasy wise it's still a toss up between him A.J. and Calvin.

I'm leaning torwards Turner, but I really don't see him having near as good of a year next year as this year.

ppr I would keep AJ. no ppr turner for sure.

I would rather have fitz than aj myself and calvin for that matter. can;t really go wrong here though, it all personal preference.

If Brady is healthy - R. Moss is #1 , A. Johnson is #2 , Cal Johnson is # 3

If we knew that Boldin would be gone and Warner would start next season and be healthy all season then maybe Fitz is #2 - #1 is Brady cannot play.

Edited to add

I do think Fitz is likley most talented WR though - If he has to share with Boldin I just couldn't take him #1

1. AJ

2.Fitz

3.Colston

4. Calvin J.

If Colston wouldn't have broken his thumb last year, he would have had another 1200-1300 yrd season.

1. AJ

2.Fitz

3.Colston

4. Calvin J.

If Colston wouldn't have broken his thumb last year, he would have had another 1200-1300 yrd season.

1202 are the most yards Colston has had in a year.

2006 - 1038 / 8 in 11 games

2007 - 1202 / 11 in 16 games

2008 - 760 / 5 in 14 games

I have owned Colston the last two years and the guy has been very unreliable. No way is he #3 and no way is he ahead of Calvin J.

If Warner comes back AJ and Fitz are interchangeable at #1.

If Brady is healthy - R. Moss is #1 , A. Johnson is #2 , Cal Johnson is # 3

If we knew that Boldin would be gone and Warner would start next season and be healthy all season then maybe Fitz is #2 - #1 is Brady cannot play.

Edited to add

I do think Fitz is likley most talented WR though - If he has to share with Boldin I just couldn't take him #1

You don't even have him at #3. The key is Warner, AZ's offense has plenty of stats for 2 WRs. Last year in my PPR the top three WRs were

AJ

Fitz

Boldin

I don't think it will matter if Boldin is their or not.

1202 are the most yards Colston has had in a year.

2006 - 1038 / 8 in 11 games

2007 - 1202 / 11 in 16 games

2008 - 760 / 5 in 14 games

I have owned Colston the last two years and the guy has been very unreliable. No way is he #3 and no way is he ahead of Calvin J.

If Warner comes back AJ and Fitz are interchangeable at #1.

Im not sayin he's #1. He's top 5 easily IMO. After he came back after , i think it was after 5-6weeks, he was very gun-shy after breaking his thumb, you could tell. He was dropping passes and you could see he was scared to get hit. He finally came back into form the last 2-3 weeks of the season, but it was too late. The guy is a stud, bottom line.

Fits might be the greatest WR to ever play the game? Let's see how his career winds up before talking about being the greatest to ever play the game. He's got a long way to go to catch up to Jerry Rice.

"Larry Fitz .. #1 WR next year by far"

"#1 WR next year"....perhaps a stretch, but wouldn't argue it. He is an exceptional talent.

"by far"....uh, NO

"Larry Fitz .. #1 WR next year by far"

"#1 WR next year"....perhaps a stretch, but wouldn't argue it. He is an exceptional talent.

"by far"....uh, NO

If Boldin is gone it will bring Fitz value down a touch, but move Breaston's value through the roof!

I couldn't take any WR over Calvin Johnson -- a 2nd yr WR who put up 12 scores and 1200 or more yards with a horrible QB and a team that didn't win a game. Imagine if his team improves even a little.

What planet are you from? Calvin easily? Calvin is easily better than Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss and a few others......easily?

He may be as talented as the best in the league, but we have no idea what type of offense will be run in Detroit or anything. We know what we'll get from Fitz, Moss, AJ. I think Calvin is a phenomenal talent, but if I had my choice I'd take Fitz or AJ over him for sure. You say Fitz benefited from a high powered offense....okay and that means?? Yeah, definitly knock him down a notch, especially in fantasy football, because he's in a high powered offense and take the guy who is double/triple covered over him. What? Are you serious?

Nobody will deny that Calvin isn't greatness in the making, but to make a statement that he's easily the best is rediculous.

Easily.

When you line them up and say, 'I want that guy on my dynasty team', the choice is Calvin Johnson.....easily.

Easily.

When you line them up and say, 'I want that guy on my dynasty team', the choice is Calvin Johnson.....easily.

I'm guessing you don't do very well at fantasy football.

I agree with you. The broad, no question about it, use of easily is the issue.

Let's see, Fitz is what, 24, was the #1 Wr this year and has been an absolute monster since like 2006. Oh, and he's still getting better.

I don't care how good Calvin looks, and he looks amazing so far, there is no "easily" when it comes to picking between the two in a dynasty league.

I've got both on my dynasty team, so it's all good. :shocking:

I don't even have to guess that you have no clue about fantasy football. There is no doubt that you don't.

Me: This year, 2 leagues 2 championships. Sig shows my dynasty team that destroyed the rest of the league. 1st time co-owner in a redraft and we took the title. If you have any doubt how great that team is, just plug it into your league and watch how I destroy every team. As a side note, I predicted how great it would be in the 'a little help' board. Just search for lod01 and you'll see the post.

Just to let you know how ###### great I am at FF, I used acquired draft picks to select Greg Jennings, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson and paired them with Andre. Additionally I selected DeAngelo Williams, knowing he was the best RB in that draft (not Addai, not Bush, not Maroney) and Frank Gore over Brown, Benson and Caddy. I took my team from back to back 3-10 season to the title game in 3 years and to the championship in 4 years.

I am the greatest mind in FF today.