Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Big Ben

he's focking 26 years old...when history is written 10 years from now, he will be THE most clutch QB in history...wrap it in quotes, put a "-jgcrawfish" at the end and remember where you read it.

:overhead: :overhead: :overhead: :overhead: :overhead:

Noone has done LESS for their Super Bowl team than Ben. He made two easy throws where a guy fell down and a guy got a lucky end zone grab. Oh yeah, Arizona playing LOSER-AZZ defense didnt give him any resistance.

Silver Spoon. Ben also played two horrible teams in his two wins that probably shouldnt even have been there.

Ben Dilferberger :overhead:

Noone has done LESS for their Super Bowl team than Ben. He made two easy throws where a guy fell down and a guy got a lucky end zone grab. Oh yeah, Arizona playing LOSER-AZZ defense didnt give him any resistance.

Silver Spoon. Ben also played two horrible teams in his two wins that probably shouldnt even have been there.

Ben Dilferberger :overhead:

um, 2:30 to go...2 time outs...down by 3...you can go fock yourself, cause we got 6...

Steelers >>> Everybody else!!!

um, 2:30 to go...2 time outs...down by 3...you can go fock yourself, cause we got 6...

Aren't you the gracious winner :overhead:

You can win 27 Super Bowls and ben will still be a mediocre QB on a dirty, cheap, lucky team. Thank you.

Trent Benlesberger

At the end of the day, Steeler/Cowboy/Patriot fans are all from the same mold.

I'd have to say he did good, but the best ever??? No, as much as I couldn't stand the guy, I think John Elway has him beat easily.

Ben is an average QB that turns to above average when it matters most. If we didnt have the #1 defense on our side Ben would be going home a loser.

Dilferberger!

Trent Benlesberger!!!!

Wow. I just laughed and I though it would take a day.

Thank you for that. True words.

Ben is an average QB that turns to above average when it matters most. If we didnt have the #1 defense on our side Ben would be going home a loser.

I agree with this, although I'll say I can't think of too many QBs not named Montana and Eli that have lead their team to a game winning TD in the Super Bowl.

That's why it's a team sport.

I don't know man... He is not flashy and does not put up gaudy numbers like some fantasy studs, but the dude just wins. That is what is important after all right? How long ban we call him average if he keeps winning like this?

I don't know man... He is not flashy and does not put up gaudy numbers like some fantasy studs, but the dude just wins. That is what is important after all right? How long ban we call him average if he keeps winning like this?

As long as the steelers have D.ick Lebaeu leading them

He flat out made plays tonight. Guy is a focking stud and a playmaker. A winner. Greatest ever? No but he won that game. Now STFU and pass me the Lombardi trophy; it's my turn to hold it!

:overhead: X 6

You're selling him a bit short. I don't think he'll ever have gawdy numbers and the defense definitely helps him a lot, but he's more than that. The guy has ridiculous awareness in the pocket, he slides and moves around to buy himself time as well as anyone, and he's a big dude that isn't taken down easily at all. He doesn't seem to get shaken too much and makes good decisions. And he can expose a defense so he's more than just a game manager.

He's a fantastic NFL QB. I don't ever want him as my FF QB but he's great in the NFL.

Was thinking this going into the game. Confirmed now.

Some of them maybe. Definitely not all.

There are poor losers in this thread ripping Ben for no reason other than they're pissed. There are Pitt fans in here that are so insecure they're already just playing the "scoreboard" card.

Ben was good I'm not taking anything away from that.

But sad that someone was so stupid enough to say he will be the most clutch QB ever. After he led a great drive, but against a weak D. Holmes made about as good of a catch as you can make in the game.

Ever hear of a Joe Montana fellow?

It's not my turn? :unsure:

Seriously; I'm embarrassed for you if you can't see I was messing around.

Keep on digging that hole guy :thumbsup:

Well it's a good thing he is was there to balance out that # 1 defense which came up below average when it mattered most in the 4th qtr or they'd be losers too.

Ben was good I'm not taking anything away from that.

But sad that someone was so stupid enough to say he will be the most clutch QB ever. After he led a great drive, but against a weak D. Holmes made about as good of a catch as you can make in the game.

Ever hear of a Joe Montana fellow?

Agree you can't compare him to Montana yet..........but the last drive to win the Superbowl against the Bengals is usually the first thing mentioned about proving Montana's "clutchness." Ben just matched it. :music_guitarred:

Agree you can't compare him to Montana yet..........but the last drive to win the Superbowl against the Bengals is usually the first thing mentioned about proving Montana's "clutchness." Ben just matched it. :dunno:

No, you can't compare them EVER. Compare Ben to guys like Bradshaw...not the greatest of all time.

I get weary of the people on this board and their reaction to things. Yeah, I'm a happy Steeler fan today. I also take time to acknowledge the Cards for playing one hell of a game that easily could have gone the other way. If you're not happy the Steelers won, so be it, that's your choice. But for gawds sake, quit makin excuses and hating so much.

There's no way else to put it, Ben is clutch. The guy lead 6 freaking comebacks in one season, including what may be the greatest game winning drive in SB history and made an absolutely focking perfect throw. I'm not saying nobody else in the game could make that throw under those circumstances, but the list is pretty damned short. There are QB's that play a whole career and don't lead 6 game winning comebacks, let alone pull it off in one season. I'm a pretty big Tom Brady fan, but he doesn't do it by himself either. For all the gaudy stats that Peyton Manning has, he's only got 1 SB ring. Peyton is about to be 33, Ben has 6 less years in him.

That was an evenly called game. I've watched the Steelers all season long and James Harrison gets held on just about ever freaking play. The guy is too low and squatty and strong and he powers up under the guy on him who ENIVITBLY hooks his arm around under Harrison's chin. Last night, he finally got some calls. The non-review on the final turnover isn't anything either. The ball was coming out before his arm got moving forward and Warner didn't even challenge it on the field, as opposed to the first time it happened he immediately went over and then told Whiz to throw the flag. Hell, the refs called a holding in the endzone for a safety against the Steelers with less than 3 minutes left in the game. It takes some serious balls to make that call, knowing the affect on a that was suddenly very tight.

There wasn't any cheating, any plotting or questionable calls in this game. There was however a great game between two teams that had no quit and both deserved to be where they were. There was a QB in Warner who deserves Hall of Fame entry whether he quits now or whether he plays another couple of years because I've only seen one better big game QB at this point (Montana). There was a WR who has had an absolutely historic run in this playoffs and has more talent at his position that anybody I've ever seen in Fitz. There was a historically great defensive unit that dominated for 2 quarters then took several shots to the mouth in the 2nd half and still stood up. And there was a young QB who is quickly establishing himself as the most clutch comeback QB in recent memory. There may be a few QB's I'd rather have for 55 minutes of a game, but right now there are only 1 or 2 I'd even consider in the same category as Ben in the last 5 minutes.

If you guys can't see that this was a well played, entertaining and thoroughly enjoyable Superbowl then you're either blind or blinded by hatred/envy/jealousy.

I get weary of the people on this board and their reaction to things. Yeah, I'm a happy Steeler fan today. I also take time to acknowledge the Cards for playing one hell of a game that easily could have gone the other way. If you're not happy the Steelers won, so be it, that's your choice. But for gawds sake, quit makin excuses and hating so much.

There's no way else to put it, Ben is clutch. The guy lead 6 freaking comebacks in one season, including what may be the greatest game winning drive in SB history and made an absolutely focking perfect throw. I'm not saying nobody else in the game could make that throw under those circumstances, but the list is pretty damned short. There are QB's that play a whole career and don't lead 6 game winning comebacks, let alone pull it off in one season. I'm a pretty big Tom Brady fan, but he doesn't do it by himself either. For all the gaudy stats that Peyton Manning has, he's only got 1 SB ring. Peyton is about to be 33, Ben has 6 less years in him.

That was an evenly called game. I've watched the Steelers all season long and James Harrison gets held on just about ever freaking play. The guy is too low and squatty and strong and he powers up under the guy on him who ENIVITBLY hooks his arm around under Harrison's chin. Last night, he finally got some calls. The non-review on the final turnover isn't anything either. The ball was coming out before his arm got moving forward and Warner didn't even challenge it on the field, as opposed to the first time it happened he immediately went over and then told Whiz to throw the flag. Hell, the refs called a holding in the endzone for a safety against the Steelers with less than 3 minutes left in the game. It takes some serious balls to make that call, knowing the affect on a that was suddenly very tight.

There wasn't any cheating, any plotting or questionable calls in this game. There was however a great game between two teams that had no quit and both deserved to be where they were. There was a QB in Warner who deserves Hall of Fame entry whether he quits now or whether he plays another couple of years because I've only seen one better big game QB at this point (Montana). There was a WR who has had an absolutely historic run in this playoffs and has more talent at his position that anybody I've ever seen in Fitz. There was a historically great defensive unit that dominated for 2 quarters then took several shots to the mouth in the 2nd half and still stood up. And there was a young QB who is quickly establishing himself as the most clutch comeback QB in recent memory. There may be a few QB's I'd rather have for 55 minutes of a game, but right now there are only 1 or 2 I'd even consider in the same category as Ben in the last 5 minutes.

If you guys can't see that this was a well played, entertaining and thoroughly enjoyable Superbowl then you're either blind or blinded by hatred/envy/jealousy.

the lady doth protest too much :dunno:

In American English, the phrase "the lady doth protest too much" definitely indicates that you think the subject's ardent denial of a proposition is meant to cover up its embarrassing truth. For example, if you offered someone a beer and they said "No thanks. I absolutely hate beer. Never touch the stuff, ever. I can't even imagine ever wanting to drink a single drop of that filthy, mind-numbling liquid. It's poison to me. I absolutely do not want a beer," you might well think that they were trying hard to restrain themselves from taking it.

the lady doth protest too much :dunno:

I doth protest nothing. It simply amazes me how much people whine and make excuses. It amazes me that many of you will endeavor to teach your kids to high five/shake hands/congratulate their opponent win or lose, but fail be able to comprehend your own statements on message board. The internet gives an anonymity that takes away people's better judgement and allows them to act in ways that normally they wouldn't...oh hell, maybe they would.

I doth protest nothing. It simply amazes me how much people whine and make excuses. It amazes me that many of you will endeavor to teach your kids to high five/shake hands/congratulate their opponent win or lose, but fail be able to comprehend your own statements on message board. The internet gives an anonymity that takes away people's better judgement and allows them to act in ways that normally they wouldn't...oh hell, maybe they would.

:dunno:

Ben Dilferberger :music_guitarred:

You continue to prove how little about actual football you know.

My advice...drink heavily and just stop posting.

Or at least become funny.

Whatever. Who the fock was on here last night proclaiming Ben is the greatest, the Steelers are the greatest, 6! 6! 6!

:music_guitarred:

If you haven't learned anything from the Pats/Cowboys/other obnoxious fans the past few years, it's that no one likes a self-congratulatory twit trumpeting superlatives when they're hardly deserved. How convenient it's everyone else's problem, and you completely subratct your and other Steeler fans' obnoxiousness. We ain't jealous or envious or anything. We just hate small minded nubes shoving our noses in what they think is their 10 karat sh!t.

Whatever. Who the fock was on here last night proclaiming Ben is the greatest, the Steelers are the greatest, 6! 6! 6!

:overhead:

If you haven't learned anything from the Pats/Cowboys/other obnoxious fans the past few years, it's that no one likes a self-congratulatory twit trumpeting superlatives when they're hardly deserved. How convenient it's everyone else's problem, and you completely subratct your and other Steeler fans' obnoxiousness. We ain't jealous or envious or anything. We just hate small minded nubes shoving our noses in what they think is their 10 karat sh!t.

Yeah, thumping your chest a bit about your team winning their 6th SB is "they're hardly deserved"... :dunno:

Yeah, thumping your chest a bit about your team winning their 6th SB is "they're hardly deserved"... :overhead:

You missed his point JG. I'm not suprised.

Why is it that after every SuperBowl somebody is deemed the "Best Ever" at something? Next year we will have a "Best Ever". Then the year after we will have another "Best Ever".

Right now there are like 30 Best Ever clutch Quarterbacks, big game WR's, and big game coaches. :overhead:

Roethlisberger is a slightly above average QB, who has had the good fortune to play for a great organization that puts great talent around him (particuarly on defense.)

I've seen Ben make jaw dropping great throws to win games. I've seen him make jaw dropping stupid throws to lose them. He is a good (not great) QB with a great heart, and is a hell of a competitor. But let's not bronze him just yet.

That's as fair an analysis as I can give.

You missed his point JG. I'm not suprised.

I didn't miss any point. If I was a bit overzealous last night, it had a lot to do with excitement of the moment and the beer. I give Cowboys fans crap because I've been taking their crap for being a Steeler fan in Texas for 30 something years. I give Patriots fans crap because you never heard from them before they went on their little cheating enhanced run and now that the cheating has stopped, um, well so has their run. I give Seahawks fans grief simply because a couple of you whine, a lot. However, I'll apologize now to the folks on the board for my postings last night and I'll tone it down a bit.