Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Michael Crabtree

Quotebook: "When I played quarterback, I always wanted a receiver like (me). I wanted a receiver where I could just throw it up and he could go get it. Or if I threw a pass, I knew he was going to cut in front of that DB and not let the interception happen and make a play" - Crabtree.

:angry:

Well I am not entirely surprised......fock me, hold the phone...I thought this was afocking TO thread.....bloody hell..... :angry:

i could see around 700yds and 5-7 TDs. About the same Calvin and Fitz did their rookie seasons

Too high for a rookie possession receiver in a bad offense. I'll give you 3-5 TDs and 500yds out of him this season.

Quotebook: "When I played quarterback, I always wanted a receiver like (me). I wanted a receiver where I could just throw it up and he could go get it. Or if I threw a pass, I knew he was going to cut in front of that DB and not let the interception happen and make a play" - Crabtree.

:thumbsdown:

This qoute proves my point of why Michael Crabtree is such an arrogant diva. I think the Raiders did the right thing by passing over him. What's more confusing is why would Singletary draft him? After giving his long speech about coaching selfish players " Can't do it, won't do it!", why would you pick the most arrogant player in the draft. His entire swagger is I am the SHEEEEIT! ON AND OFF THE FIELD! I can stand the on the field part if you put up the numbers but leave that I am better than you attitude in your pads diva.

Crabtree has a mind for the game and the body control that is somwhat rare which allows him to shield the DB from the ball.

He will top 750 yards and 4 TD's as a rook.

Last year there was Devin Thomas, Desean Jackson, Malcom Kelly, blaa blaa and they all did shiet.

Crabtree is at a different level IMO. I'm ok with the bold statement of 8 td's.

DeSean Jackson - 62-912-2

Wouldn't call that shiet coming from a rookie middle second rounder.

Crabtree 50-500-7

Granted, Crabtree is gifted, but until we get a QB he won't be a stud. I'm just not sold on Hill or Smith at this point. At least Jackson had McNabb throwing to him. Smith & Hill are no McNabb. At this point I'd rather see them go get Vick when he loses his shackles.If Smith or Hill doesn't show something this year they better use their 2 first round picks and get a QB. I'm tired of watching the Smith/Hill project. IF they can get a QB then Crabtree might turn into a good receiver. While their out getting a QB might as well go get Holmgren as well.

This qoute proves my point of why Michael Crabtree is such an arrogant diva. I think the Raiders did the right thing by passing over him. What's more confusing is why would Singletary draft him? After giving his long speech about coaching selfish players " Can't do it, won't do it!", why would you pick the most arrogant player in the draft. His entire swagger is I am the SHEEEEIT! ON AND OFF THE FIELD! I can stand the on the field part if you put up the numbers but leave that I am better than you attitude in your pads diva.

Crabtree might be a diva in the making. But I'm willing to bet that most people here still drafted (or would have drafted) TO despite that same quality.

He's going to be very good. This year? That's the question now, isn't it? The 49ers still need a QB. But then, Calvin Johnson was pretty good last year with the carousel at the QB position, so I won't hold that against Crabtree. The situation sucks, so 700 and 7 may be what we can expect, but I won't be surprised by 900 and 10

1. No link to quote. We don't know what context in which he was speaking.

2. He didn't go up to some reporter, a reporter asked him questions possibly like, "What would a QB like about you?"

3. In college, he was spot on with his assessment of himself.

4. He was by no means selfish. His QB spread it around awesomely.

He could be great with some support from his team.

:doublethumbsup:

Crabtree 50-500-7

well I wouldn't call it special. receptions and yards solid, no argument here. I take back sh!t

:music_guitarred:

Hehe. Special for a rookie possibly, but for fantasy FF purposes your are correct! Think he had a punt return for a TD, and two more from the ground, and he had a half of a TD when he swung the ball back like an idiot. Also, he's 0/1 with a pick. :D

Agree with all the posters, it's hard to get excited about Crabtree with such great QBs tossing him the ball, on such a pass happy offense. :unsure:

Agree with all the posters, it's hard to get excited about Crabtree with such great QBs tossing him the ball, on such a pass happy offense. :first:

You know, there's all this discussion about the 49ers now being a running team, but don't you have to win to make that work? Do we think they're not going to throw the ball when they're behind in the 2nd half of most of their games? Personally although I like Singletary as their coach, I don't see them being much better than 7-9 this year. Shaun Hill was actually worthy of being a starting fantasy QB down the stretch last year.

I say 800 and 8 TDs is reasonable, but who knows how high the limit is given his ability. After all, I still remember Michael Clayton's rookie year and shake my head at how that happened.

Crabtree 50-500-7

I'll be impressed if the Niners score seven touchdowns this year.

Joe Montayna's not walking through that door. :thumbsdown:

As a Texas Tech homer I gotta say his diva-ness is not proven yet. He has a ton of confidence because he's only played in a system that was easy (for him) to dominate in. But he's actually a pretty nice guy. I think that quote is immature and it shows a lack of intelligence and restraint. I mean, what did he score on his wonderlic again? The litmus test for a guy like him will only come once he begins to struggle, and that will happen this year with SF. That's when it could go either way. He could start whining like T.O., or he could show some maturity, run his routes and be a part of the team. I think we'll have to wait and see how he handles adversity before he shows his true character.

After all, I still remember Michael Clayton's rookie year and shake my head at how that happened.

Did ANYONE ever figure out WTF happened with Clayton that year? He is TERRIBLE now. I had him and won the superbowl in 2004 :pointstosky:

As a Texas Tech homer I gotta say his diva-ness is not proven yet. He has a ton of confidence because he's only played in a system that was easy (for him) to dominate in. But he's actually a pretty nice guy. I think that quote is immature and it shows a lack of intelligence and restraint. I mean, what did he score on his wonderlic again? The litmus test for a guy like him will only come once he begins to struggle, and that will happen this year with SF. That's when it could go either way. He could start whining like T.O., or he could show some maturity, run his routes and be a part of the team. I think we'll have to wait and see how he handles adversity before he shows his true character.

This is good stuff. I've watched the kid for 2 seasons...800 yds and 6 TD's tops and it will come slowly...picking up in the 2nd half.

:banana:

Crabtree will NOT be the best WR out of this draft. I see bust written all over this guy.

As I stated 2 months ago, why would to pick this diva? She was drafted at # 10 and now she wants top 3 money? GTFOOH! With the problems the 49ers had with T.O, you'd think they would stay away from diva receivers.

As I stated 2 months ago, why would to pick this diva? She was drafted at # 10 and now she wants top 3 money? GTFOOH! With the problems the 49ers had with T.O, you'd think they would stay away from diva receivers.

the longer he holds out, the worse his season will be. i was considering him with the #3 spot in dynasty ppr draft but i'm not touching him now. but i have and will continue to contend that he's a project. he was in a spread system in college and has limited experience at the wr position (a whopping 2 years). he doesn't have elite speed and is smaller than he was advertised to be (6'1" at the combine). He does have great hands. People keep wanting to compare him to three WR in particular: Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson and Terrell Owens. However his skill set falls short of all three. He doesn't have the hand/eye and body control that Fitz has, doesn't have the size speed/combo that Johnson has and doesn't have the after the catch physicality that Owens possesses. And with the learning curve, the more I think about it, the more I see "bust". I'm a fan of his work at Tech, but I'm damned wary at this point.

Beware of any player (especially a receiver) who feigns an injury to avoid being timed at the combine. You've been warned.

the long he holds out, the worse his season will be. i was considering him with the #3 spot in dynasty ppr draft but i'm not touching him now. but i have and will continue to contend that he's a project. he was in a spread system in college and has limited experience at the wr position (a whopping 2 years). he doesn't have elite speed and is smaller than he was advertised to be (6'1" at the combine). He does have great hands. People keep wanting to compare him to three WR in particular: Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson and Terrell Owens. However his skill set falls short of all three. He doesn't have the hand/eye and body control that Fitz has, doesn't have the size speed/combo that Johnson has and doesn't have the after the catch physicality that Owens possesses. And with the learning curve, the more I think about it, the more I see "bust". I'm a fan of his work at Tech, but I'm damned wary at this point.

I agree with this. The holdout, more than his talent, the playbook or the QB will determine his 2009 success. Long holdouts traditionally are absolutely horrible. More generally, I just avoid rookie WRs in redraft leagues unless I'm taking a flier in the last few rounds. They are far too unpredictable and there is always some tool who drafts the most hyped rook WR about 5 rounds too early. It's safer to just follow a strategy of not drafting rookie WRs at all. take them right off the cheatsheet.

Beware of any player (especially a receiver) who feigns an injury to avoid being timed at the combine. You've been warned.

:rolleyes:

An injury that he had surgery to put a screw in his toe. Now stop making stuff up.

Sorry I think Crabtree is a bust!

He doesn't have great size - he isn't small but not gigantic either.

He isn't that fast

His hands are really good but he isn't the greatest route runner

Crabtree put up crazy numbers in a spread offense.

I am totally not sold on Crabtree and think he ends up being maybe the 5th best WR in the 09 class. If Harvin stays healthy I think he leads the pack with Maclin not far behind. Bey an Britt got the physical tools an Nicks is the most polished.

Just totally not really sold on Crabtree at all and wouldn't be shocked if he never beats out Bruce or Morgan. San Francisco won't produce a 1000 yd reciever anyway.

:overhead:

An injury that he had surgery to put a screw in his toe. Now stop making stuff up.

in fact, there is rumor floating around that he's not healed up enough yet to participate in camp and his agent is stalling to buy time with overly large contract demands.

Link to source proving fake injury?

Link to source proving fake injury?

You've been warned. That's all I'm saying.

You've been warned. That's all I'm saying.

If he fails to produce, it won't be because he faked an injury. The injury is legit, but he'll likely fail for a multitude of other reasons. You'll be right completely by coincidence.

If he fails to produce, it won't be because he faked an injury. The injury is legit, but he'll likely fail for a multitude of other reasons. You'll be right completely by coincidence.

It won't be a coincidence. There's a reason other teams passed on him. He was hiding his lack of speed.

Lions made a YOOGE mistake not drafting this guy #1 overall.

It won't be a coincidence. There's a reason other teams passed on him. He was hiding his lack of speed.

that i don't doubt...but again, it's not because he faked and injury. that's like saying someone died because they were sneezing when it was swine flu as the underlying cause.

a lot of the analysts, including cris carter, commented that the film of both crabtree and maclin were bad. carter even said, "the worst coverage ive ever seen...no one covers anybody". running free with quick passes as a 6'1" guy last yr is very different than the nfl. im not sure crabtree will make a smooth [if at all] transition to haveing corners in his face all the time, in his pocket on most routes, and with a hand challenging passes with high frequency. :mad:

the qbs and wrs from that system/conference dont face the level of competition that makes them better, perhaps indicated by the fact most of the heralded coverage guys from there also bust [woolfolk, strait, huff, roy williams, etc]. when crabtree faced the corners of ole miss in his bowl game, he posted a paltry 4/25/1---not exactly "see, im ready for the nfl" type stats. :headbanger:

a lot of the analysts, including cris carter, commented that the film of both crabtree and maclin were bad. carter even said, "the worst coverage ive ever seen...no one covers anybody". running free with quick passes as a 6'1" guy last yr is very different than the nfl. im not sure crabtree will make a smooth [if at all] transition to haveing corners in his face all the time, in his pocket on most routes, and with a hand challenging passes with high frequency. :first:

the qbs and wrs from that system/conference dont face the level of competition that makes them better, perhaps indicated by the fact most of the heralded coverage guys form there also bust [woolfolk, strait, huff, roy williams, etc]. when crabtree faced the corners of ole miss in his bowl game, he posted a paltry 4/25/1---not exactly "see, im ready for the nfl" type stats. :lol:

this is a good comment, and Texas and OU were the class of the league defensively last year...and neither could stop anybody. Crabtree had the advantage of playing in that wacky Leach offense that was consistently 4 or 5 wide on just about every play. He couldn't be doubled in that offense. That's why I've said all along that he will have problems transitioning to the NFL game and likely will not even make an impact until his 2nd season, and even then I see him as more of a possession WR, not a game breaker. I think in year 3 he may be a decent PPR WR but it's going to take him a while. I'd rather have Robiskie for a much lower price in Dynasty leagues.

Of all the rookie WR this year, I was targeting Maclin as the only one to come through. BUt now Crabtree's holdout is having a domino effect on Maclin.

So, screw it. No rookies for me at WR this year.

Of all the rookie WR this year, I was targeting Maclin as the only one to come through. BUt now Crabtree's holdout is having a domino effect on Maclin.

So, screw it. No rookies for me at WR this year.

You might change your mind back when you're in the 12th round and your other choice is Deion Branch.