Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Favre

NFL | Favre conflicted about return Published Thu Jul 23 12:47:17 p.m. CT 2009

(KFFL) Ed Werder, of ESPN.com, reports free-agent QB Brett Favre (Jets) remains conflicted about whether to sign with the Minnesota Vikings or retire, according to sources. The decision has become harder for Favre because Vikings RB Adrian Peterson, DE Jared Allen and OG Steve Hutchinson have been some of the players trying to talk Favre into signing. A source said Favre is starting to feel a sense of obligation to the Vikings. Favre is still unresolved about whether he will be able to hold up for 16 regular season games while maintaining the standard of performance he expects from himself. The two sides have negotiated a one-year deal worth around $10 million if Favre decides to play for the Vikings.

Wow, is he really annoying.

Ed Werder had nothing to report so he decides to throw out a nugget you might find on the show TMZ.

A source says Favre feels obligated? As opposed to Favre not feeling obliged to play for a team that wants him for 10 mil.

This is drivel from Werder. Non news. Non report.

What if Favre would announce his retirement on July 30th. Who would look like the biggest fool?

1) Favre

2) The Viking

3) The Media

4) The Fans that have been hanging on this story

What if Favre would announce his retirement on July 30th. Who would look like the biggest fool?

1) Favre

2) The Viking

3) The Media

4) The Fans that have been hanging on this story

Can I just answer, YES?

Imagine what it's like for him to choose a movie on Netflix?

Or even ordering off a menu in a restaurant. I'll have the******, no wait how'bout the *********. :thumbsdown:

What ever it is Favre's stick is getting old to alot of people.

As a Vikes fan I'm 100% ready for the Sage Rosenfel era to begin.

No Favre and no TJack, k, thx.

Ed Werder had nothing to report so he decides to throw out a nugget you might find on the show TMZ.

A source says Favre feels obligated? As opposed to Favre not feeling obliged to play for a team that wants him for 10 mil.

Exactly. All indications are that Farve will make a decision by the start of training camp on the 30th. Logical.

So a week before Ed Werder "reports" that he is still indecisive and feels a since of obligation, yada yada. Okay. Whats the story? Of course he's indecisive thats why a formal decision wont come until next week when it needs to be made. Who is his source? Basically sounds like anybody completely speculating on what Favre is thinking. Anybody can do that. In fact, Werder is probably his own "source". Its typical unaccountable heresay BS! Complete non story that Ed Werder gets to push as a "report". Garbage!

Favre will be a Viking in 2009. The whole feeling of obligation is just a way for him to justify coming back beyond his own selfish reasons. He knows people are tired of the "saga" or whatever you want to call it. If he makes it about "the team" and coming back for the veterans who campaigned for him, he hopes to receive good coverage about his comeback.

I didn't know we got weed that good in Minnesota. SageFan, party of one, now toking.

As a Packer Fan I had the same feelings last year. I was ready for the Aaron Rodgers era to begin.

Was it the same source that said he would announce by today?

Exactly. All indications are that Farve will make a decision by the start of training camp on the 30th. Logical.

So a week before Ed Werder "reports" that he is still indecisive and feels a since of obligation, yada yada. Okay. Whats the story? Of course he's indecisive thats why a formal decision wont come until next week when it needs to be made. Who is his source? Basically sounds like anybody completely speculating on what Favre is thinking. Anybody can do that. In fact, Werder is probably his own "source". Its typical unaccountable heresay BS! Complete non story that Ed Werder gets to push as a "report". Garbage!

I love the shoot the messenger mentality.

The problem is...he does have some pretty damn good sources within the NFL. That and the indication earlier this week was that he would announce not just by training camp...but by today.

Favre will be a Viking in 2009. The whole feeling of obligation is just a way for him to justify coming back beyond his own selfish reasons. He knows people are tired of the "saga" or whatever you want to call it. If he makes it about "the team" and coming back for the veterans who campaigned for him, he hopes to receive good coverage about his comeback.

Agreed...almost a damage control. Though, it backfires in that some just think why announce that you are going to announce...or why announce that you are torn.

While its possible Werder just made it up (but highly doubtful) its more likely its another nugget leaked by Favre/Cook. I suggest some of you read up on those 2 from the National Football Post. Brandt did a nice article talking about them not too long ago how they are not just some down south country folk who don't know how to play the game.

just like a women he can't make up his mind, brett wishes he could be half the person warner is

Most notably, Deanna. :lol:

NFL | Favre conflicted about return Published Thu Jul 23 12:47:17 p.m. CT 2009

(KFFL) Ed Werder, of ESPN.com, reports free-agent QB Brett Favre (Jets) remains conflicted about whether to sign with the Minnesota Vikings or retire, according to sources. The decision has become harder for Favre because Vikings RB Adrian Peterson, DE Jared Allen and OG Steve Hutchinson have been some of the players trying to talk Favre into signing. A source said Favre is starting to feel a sense of obligation to the Vikings. Favre is still unresolved about whether he will be able to hold up for 16 regular season games while maintaining the standard of performance he expects from himself. The two sides have negotiated a one-year deal worth around $10 million if Favre decides to play for the Vikings.

Wow, is he really annoying.

Not sure if I'm missing something here....

Favre said he'd have an answer to the Vikings by the end of July, correct? Doesn't that mean he's still undecided at this point? Sounds to me like the media circus is just getting bored and looking for more crap to report on. :lol:

Not sure if I'm missing something here....

Favre said he'd have an answer to the Vikings by the end of July, correct? Doesn't that mean he's still undecided at this point? Sounds to me like the media circus is just getting bored and looking for more crap to report on. :lol:

And then people close to him said he would make it by today...now this where people are saying he is still unsure.

You can just keep saying it was all the media. I fell for it for years. But look back at so many things...and I think its reasonable to think many of the leaks come from Brett or Bus Cook.

And then people close to him said he would make it by today...now this where people are saying he is still unsure.

You can just keep saying it was all the media. I fell for it for years. But look back at so many things...and I think its reasonable to think many of the leaks come from Brett or Bus Cook.

Even if it was "leaked", all it's saying is that he's still undecided. We aren't expecting an answer at this point, so it means nothing.

It's like the kid in the back seat asking, "are we there yet?" every 10 minutes. Except this time I turn around and say, "btw, we're not there yet."

Or even ordering off a menu in a restaurant. I'll have the******, no wait how'bout the *********. :pointstosky:

Waitress: Would anyone like dessert?

Favre: Nope, no dessert for me. I'm definitely done

*The waitress walks away and gets about 20 feet from the table*

Favre: Wait, no! I must have dessert! I owe it to myself to at least try dessert.

Waitress: Ok, so what would you like?

Favre: Well, I don't like tiramisu, so that's definitely out. The chocolate cake looks good, but so does the cheesecake. Hmm, so many choices.

*20 minutes pass as Favre tries to decide what to have*

Favre: Alright then, the tiramisu it is! *crying* I'd just like to thank you all for the opportunity to order dessert.

*Dessert arrives at the table*

Favre: Ugh, tiramisu? I hate tiramisu! That's it, I'm done. Wait, no, bring me the chocolate cake.

+1 :pointstosky:

Even if it was "leaked", all it's saying is that he's still undecided. We aren't expecting an answer at this point, so it means nothing.

It's like the kid in the back seat asking, "are we there yet?" every 10 minutes. Except this time I turn around and say, "btw, we're not there yet."

Only...it appears we were told we would be there by the end of the week...then the day before we are supposed to be there...we are told we are now not sure when we will be there.

Only...it appears we were told we would be there by the end of the week...then the day before we are supposed to be there...we are told we are now not sure when we will be there.

The thing is, the only people it should bother are Minnesota fans and maybe Packer fans. Other than that, why should we really give a chit whether he's coming back, not coming back, changing his mind 8 times, or "leaking" information? Does it affect our teams? Does it affect our FF teams? Even if it does, complaining about it every time someone in the news has some "new report" does us no good. If there isn't enough FF to talk about that we need to complain about an indecisive QB for a team we don't even care about (other than maybe a few players on the Vikings for FF), why do we keep adding fuel onto this fire?

I find it humorous that people get soooo upset/annoyed. Maybe I don't get annoyed by it because I change my mind a lot as well...I change my mind about which fantasy football player I want to take in the first round about 15 times between June 15 and draft day. :lol:

The thing is, the only people it should bother are Minnesota fans and maybe Packer fans. Other than that, why should we really give a chit whether he's coming back, not coming back, changing his mind 8 times, or "leaking" information? Does it affect our teams? Does it affect our FF teams? Even if it does, complaining about it every time someone in the news has some "new report" does us no good. If there isn't enough FF to talk about that we need to complain about an indecisive QB for a team we don't even care about (other than maybe a few players on the Vikings for FF), why do we keep adding fuel onto this fire?

I find it humorous that people get soooo upset/annoyed. Maybe I don't get annoyed by it because I change my mind a lot as well...I change my mind about which fantasy football player I want to take in the first round about 15 times between June 15 and draft day. :lol:

For me that is the point. The media spends so much time on these guys (Favre, Vick, Burress, Pacman, etc,) that we see little reported on the actual players we plan to draft in another month. The Favre story is easy and to me it shows how lazy journalist have become.

If Favre doesn't announce by wednesday Miny should tell him to fock off..

Favre I used to think of as my favorite player now he is maybe the player I can't stand the most.

I was Minny I start Sage and maybe pick up Vick.

If Favre doesn't announce by wednesday Miny should tell him to fock off..

Favre I used to think of as my favorite player now he is maybe the player I can't stand the most.

I was Minny I start Sage and maybe pick up Vick.

Somehow i just don't see Vick in minnesota.

Somehow i just don't see Vick in minnesota.

Not even steering the loveboat back into town?

i agree