Sign in to follow this  
OrangeSoda

Reggie Bush?

with all the hype around Peirre Thomas, has reggie bush become the forgotten man in NO? In a PPR league, I would rank Bush in the top 5 easy. first 3 weeks in my league he averages 28 fantasy pts?

Thomas has not done anything yet in the NFL, and I have heard Mike Bell will Vulture goal line and short yardage plays.

NO has a tough schedule they play the NFC EAST and the AFC EAST all of which have tough Run Deffenses.

I think Bush is the better pick!

Microfracture surgery and the fact that Thomas has proven to be a capable 3 down running back is whats hurting Reggies stock. He has had trouble staying on the field and has a horrible YPC. No way should he go top 5 in PPR or any other scoring system.

with all the hype around Peirre Thomas, has reggie bush become the forgotten man in NO? In a PPR league, I would rank Bush in the top 5 easy. first 3 weeks in my league he averages 28 fantasy pts?

Thomas has not done anything yet in the NFL, and I have heard Mike Bell will Vulture goal line and short yardage plays.

NO has a tough schedule they play the NFC EAST and the AFC EAST all of which have tough Run Deffenses.

You're about two-three weeks behind in this discussion. Bush has had bigtime medical problems, which has caused him to lose maybe an entire step. For his game (he really doesn't break any tackles) that's crucial. I won't go so far as to say the guy is done, but he'll never live up to his draft status.

Thomas on the other hand, is one of the toughest in the league to bring down in short yardage situations. That's documented fact. How about you go check one of your fantasy football fishwraps to check it out? Plus he can catch.

Mike Bell? You're killing me. Pierre Thomas is going to be THE fantasy football bargain of the year, and it's guys like you hyping up Bush who's making it happen.

how's he been doing for you weeks 6-13 on the bench?

From all I have heard Bush hasn't lost anything as far as speed or a step...he should be fully recovered by now. Has anyone heard any different?

Yes, Pierre is going to take carries....but Bush makes his PPR points from the slot and taking balls from the swing pass. In PPR leagues Bush is at the very least a high end #2 RB or a low end #1 RB. When he stays healthy he is top 5.....but that is the big question, will he stay healthy? Have a back up plan is all I am saying.

If I am wrong on Bush's injury status please give me a link. Does anyone have any proof he "lost as step" or has "slowed down"? CBS is stating he is fully recovered.

All it will take is Reggie to take one short dump for 60 yards in a pre season game and he'll be a 2nd round ppr pick. It's just too early right now...

M-I-C-R-O F-R-A-C-T-U-R-E surgery.

We're not talking a quick scope. He's got NO cartilage in at least part of that knee. For a guy whos game is built entirely on speed and cutting, a lack of cartilage might be considered a detriment.

I can't see drafting Bush earlier than the mid-RB3 level, and more likely as a back up to Thomas. He might have moments, but those counting on him will be sadly disappointed.

Reggie Bush was not good at running the ball before any of the series of injuries. Anything can happen but why at this point would someone believe he is going to all of a sudden figure it out? His value is strictly in PPR leagues, especially seeing how good Thomas played last season. He very well could end up being a good value in some PPR leagues because he has fallen so incredibly far from his college hype machine days.

From all I have heard Bush hasn't lost anything as far as speed or a step...he should be fully recovered by now. Has anyone heard any different?

Yes, Pierre is going to take carries....but Bush makes his PPR points from the slot and taking balls from the swing pass. In PPR leagues Bush is at the very least a high end #2 RB or a low end #1 RB. When he stays healthy he is top 5.....but that is the big question, will he stay healthy? Have a back up plan is all I am saying.

If I am wrong on Bush's injury status please give me a link. Does anyone have any proof he "lost as step" or has "slowed down"? CBS is stating he is fully recovered.

I havnt heard different, but I think after any kind of surgery you are never as good as you were before.

Even if they say he has made a full recovery, you dont hear them talking about how quick he ran the '40' in camp either.

Personally, when they say full recovery I think they mean better than 90% of normal. Sure, I think he is still fast, but I'm not drafting him as my RB1 either.

I'll draft him as my RB3 and if I get better production, I'll consider it a bonus.

I won't waste time with Bush in standard scoring, but if he's sitting there, all puppy eyed, in round three of a PPR, heck ya I'll take him. Even if he only plays half a season, that's PPR gold for half a season in round 3.

with all the hype around Pierre Thomas...Thomas has not done anything yet in the NFL...

Really? Check the stats in every game he's started for the Saints and get back to us.

I have both these guys in a PPR Dynasty league and yes, R Bush has been very valuable. But, he hasn't shared the backfield with a RB like PT, who can run and catch equally well. How will that effect Bush's game? Deuce was more a one-dimensional back who caught an occasional pass. PT is a true dual threat. I fee that with PT playing full-time, that some of those passes that previously went to R Bush are going to go PT's way now. Honestly, there's no reason for them to take PT out of the game, he's a complete 3-down RB. I have watched many a Saints game and PT does everything better than R Bush...except return punts.

Will S Payton continue to use R Bush as he has in the past, even when R Bush is getting stuffed left and right? I don't think so. In fact, it really looked like Payton was tiring of Bush's game last year prior to the injury. If R Bush doesn't start breaking some tackles and beating LBs to the corners, he won't see near as much playing time as he has in the past. Why? Because Payton has a legit option to use instead of R Bush now.

Really? Check the stats in every game he's started for the Saints and get back to us.

I have both these guys in a PPR Dynasty league and yes, R Bush has been very valuable. But, he hasn't shared the backfield with a RB like PT, who can run and catch equally well.

Deuce McAllister disagrees.

I think Reggie is much better in PPR formats than many think.

I view the Saints runners as

Bush 160 carries - 510 yds ru 70 rec 680 yds rec 8 total scores

Pierre 250 carries - 1050 yds ru 35 rec 300 yds rec 12 total scores

I think Reggie is much better in PPR formats than many think.

I view the Saints runners as

Bush 160 carries - 510 yds ru 70 rec 680 yds rec 8 total scores

Pierre 250 carries - 1050 yds ru 35 rec 300 yds rec 12 total scores

Yea those are the numbers if Bush stays healthy and comes back to form from injury. Neither is for sure.

Deuce McAllister disagrees.

I see the convenient leave out the rest of it quote. What I said was:

"Really? Check the stats in every game he's started for the Saints and get back to us.

I have both these guys in a PPR Dynasty league and yes, R Bush has been very valuable. But, he hasn't shared the backfield with a RB like PT, who can run and catch equally well. How will that effect Bush's game? Deuce was more a one-dimensional back who caught an occasional pass. PT is a true dual threat."

Career avg. stats:

PT: 4.8 yds/rush, 9.1 yds/rec.

DM: 4.3 yds/rush, 7.4 yds/rec

Granted, the sample size is smaller for PT but he has been far and away the best back on that team whenever he has had a chance to play.

I see the convenient leave out the rest of it quote. What I said was:

"Really? Check the stats in every game he's started for the Saints and get back to us.

I have both these guys in a PPR Dynasty league and yes, R Bush has been very valuable. But, he hasn't shared the backfield with a RB like PT, who can run and catch equally well. How will that effect Bush's game? Deuce was more a one-dimensional back who caught an occasional pass. PT is a true dual threat."

Career avg. stats:

PT: 4.8 yds/rush, 9.1 yds/rec.

DM: 4.3 yds/rush, 7.4 yds/rec

Granted, the sample size is smaller for PT but he has been far and away the best back on that team whenever he has had a chance to play.

I was just pointing out that McAllister was a more than capable receiver out of the backfield as evidenced by seasons where he had 47, 69, 34, and 30 receptions. Even at the end McAllister was a much better back then you give him credit for, which is why he probably was keeping Thomas on the bench.

I wasn't really commenting on Bush at all.

I was just pointing out that McAllister was a more than capable receiver out of the backfield as evidenced by seasons where he had 47, 69, 34, and 30 receptions. Even at the end McAllister was a much better back then you give him credit for, which is why he probably was keeping Thomas on the bench.

I wasn't really commenting on Bush at all.

Granted DM was a very good back, but PT has the chance to be even better. Yes, I believe he's that good. He kept Thomas on the bench for the same reason that Jamal Lewis kept Priest Holmes on the bench. They didn't know what they had sitting there. They knew what they had with Deuce. Now they know what they have with PT and really, no one knows the extent that he will be used. I can seriously see them using PT a lot more than they used DM when R Bush was paired with him.

I'll gladly take Reggie Bush in the 4th/5th round.

when he was a 1st/2nd rounder, he was a bad buy

now as a 4th/5th rounder, I'll take him.

and add that in too for Larry Johnson in the 5th/6th.

Not sure on the ADP of both players... but I'd love to have both. Reggie is a stud and has proven time and time again that he can put up very good numbers in sharing time with another RB. He was leading my PPR league in scoring (gives player punt return TD's) when he got injured. He was easily having his best year. And of course Thomas picked up where Bush left off and then some.

Of course this doesn't take into consideration Bush's surgery... and to me, it seemed like he sort of fall out of Payton's good graces a little bit. Anyhow, we have o wait until camp to see how everything shakes out.

where do you guys feel comfortable drafting Pierre? i know some people are very high on him but i just cant bring my self to pick him. in almost all mocks ive done i will pick Grant or even LJ before Pierre. certainly i would take him as my #3 back but ill let someone else take him.

Of course this doesn't take into consideration Bush's surgery... and to me, it seemed like he sort of fall out of Payton's good graces a little bit. Anyhow, we have o wait until camp to see how everything shakes out.

Yup, I saw the same thing which is why I wrote:

Will S Payton continue to use R Bush as he has in the past, even when R Bush is getting stuffed left and right? I don't think so. In fact, it really looked like Payton was tiring of Bush's game last year prior to the injury. If R Bush doesn't start breaking some tackles and beating LBs to the corners, he won't see near as much playing time as he has in the past. Why? Because Payton has a legit option to use instead of R Bush now.

When you have a guy that can run/catch as well as PT does and "gets it", it makes it really tough for a coach to stick with a guy just because he was a high draft pick.

Bush is not a low end #1 or a high end #2 RB. Top 5??? I've watched every game he has played as a Saint, and he is no where near the top. I wouldn't want him as my number two RB in any FF format. He doesn't stay healthy. Even if he starts a game, he misses plays because he isn't tough and he's stoopid. When the ball is handed off to him, he only goes side to side. He doesn't wait for holes to open up. At a game last year, Brees handed the ball off to Bush and the play was designed for Bush to run off the right tackle with a pulling guard to help. He ran into the back of the pulling guard and then ran for the sidelines. Had he hesitated for a split second, the tackle opened a huge hole, and it would have been off to the races. I looked over at the sidelines and Sean Payton was going crazy. He put his hands together like a wedge and was thrusting them forward as to say, "Hit the hole. How many fawking times do I have to tell you this?" This is what you get from Bush. He is not a high end RB.

I have been drafting Bush as my #4-#5 Rb just so I can use him as trade bait and get another top QB or top TE from some delusional Bush fan. Reggie Bush is more like Reggie Bust. Good for me that he still has fans who think he is a stud.

I have been drafting Bush as my #4-#5 Rb just so I can use him as trade bait and get another top QB or top TE from some delusional Bush fan. Reggie Bush is more like Reggie Bust. Good for me that he still has fans who think he is a stud.

Is it this year that you've been drafting him as #4 or 5? That doesn't seem possible, unless it's 8 team leagues, keeper leagues, or you're drafting RB's every round for the first 4-5 rounds. His ADP is 4th round in a 12 team league right now.

Is it this year that you've been drafting him as #4 or 5? That doesn't seem possible, unless it's 8 team leagues, keeper leagues, or you're drafting RB's every round for the first 4-5 rounds. His ADP is 4th round in a 12 team league right now.

12 team league and I draft Rb heavy. I got him in the 5th round recently in a mock. Helps when other owners have a WR fetish. When you have a few Matt Millen type owners in a draft, good things happen to teams that draft smart.

12 team league and I draft Rb heavy. I got him in the 5th round recently in a mock. Helps when other owners have a WR fetish. When you have a few Matt Millen type owners in a draft, good things happen to teams that draft smart.

Nobody cares about your mock drafts.

HTH

Nobody cares about your mock drafts.

HTH

Exactly....i got Steve McNair in round 6 last week........seemed like good value.

Has anyone seen a mock draft.....then gone to their actual draft and after about the first 5 picks it resemble any mock you ever saw?

Bush is not a low end #1 or a high end #2 RB. Top 5??? I've watched every game he has played as a Saint, and he is no where near the top. I wouldn't want him as my number two RB in any FF format. He doesn't stay healthy. Even if he starts a game, he misses plays because he isn't tough and he's stoopid. When the ball is handed off to him, he only goes side to side. He doesn't wait for holes to open up. At a game last year, Brees handed the ball off to Bush and the play was designed for Bush to run off the right tackle with a pulling guard to help. He ran into the back of the pulling guard and then ran for the sidelines. Had he hesitated for a split second, the tackle opened a huge hole, and it would have been off to the races. I looked over at the sidelines and Sean Payton was going crazy. He put his hands together like a wedge and was thrusting them forward as to say, "Hit the hole. How many fawking times do I have to tell you this?" This is what you get from Bush. He is not a high end RB.

When he is healthy he is top 5 in a PPR league. Last year through 6 weeks he was the #1 RB in my PPR league and it wasn't even close. He was averaging 25 points per game and had 20 points more than the 2nd running back. So yes, in a PPR....WHEN HEALTHY, he is top 5. Sorry you are mistaken here.

When he is healthy he is top 5 in a PPR league. Last year through 6 weeks he was the #1 RB in my PPR league and it wasn't even close. He was averaging 25 points per game and had 20 points more than the 2nd running back. So yes, in a PPR....WHEN HEALTHY, he is top 5. Sorry you are mistaken here.

In my leagues points after 6 weeks he was top 5 but only #5

Yeah, he was. BUT, Pierre Thomas was NOT the starting RB in the first 6 games of last year. The situation is totally different this year and I don't think any of us knows how Payton will use Bush this season. PT is an equation changer.

Looking for the silver lining... If Bush timeshares heavily with Thomas this year there's a good chance Payton will still allow Pierre to return kickoffs. Well, good news if your league allows return ydg.

I like Pierre Thomas this season as he will be the primary ballcarrier and he will take some receptions away from Bush. Yes, Bush will still be a factor in the offense but Thomas has the GL carries and most likely 15-20 carries/game and 2-5 receptions per game as well. I think Pierre could rush for 1200 yards and 6-8 rushing TD's with an additional 300-400 yards and 2-4 receiving TD's.

Nothing like trading a top TE or QB for a guy that I love who I let slip to the 8th round.

He did manage to amass more rushing yards last season than Bush has had in any of his three seasons while having 6 or less carries in half of the Saints games. And I may actually add your Mike Bell line to the fabulous Michael Bennett line in my sig line because I think they are close to on par with each other. The Bennett line is just slightly funnier.