Sign in to follow this  
kwibby

Shawne Merriman.... a shot of wuv :)

Merriman arrested in domestic call

Comment Email Print Share

Associated Press

SAN DIEGO -- San Diego Chargers star linebacker Shawne Merriman was arrested on suspicion of choking and restraining his girlfriend, a reality TV star, as she tried to leave his Southern California home, authorities said.

San Diego County Sheriff's Lt. Gary Steadman said 27-year-old Tila Tequila signed a citizen's arrest warrant early Sunday, charging Merriman with battery and false imprisonment.

Tequila was taken to a hospital. Her condition was not immediately available.

Merriman, 25, was taken into custody by deputies who responded to a distress call at his home in Poway, north of San Diego.

Tequila, whose real name is Tila Nguyen, is best known for her MTV dating reality show, "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila."

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Wow.... so if he's not on the roids.. I guess he's just angry.

If this is true, there's no excuse for it and I lost respect for the guy. I've been a big fan of his since he was a Maryland and had hoped the Giants would have drafted him with their 2nd round pick... but they traded it away in the deal involving Eli and Rivers. :doublethumbsup:

I wonder what Goodell will do?

i hope nothing because i drafted the Chargers Defense late in 2 of my drafts :doublethumbsup:

Wow.... so if he's not on the roids.. I guess he's just angry.

If this is true, there's no excuse for it and I lost respect for the guy. I've been a big fan of his since he was a Maryland and had hoped the Giants would have drafted him with their 2nd round pick... but they traded it away in the deal involving Eli and Rivers. :headbanger:

i Quess wait until more details come out... could see a couple game suspension though......i mean damn that chick is like 5 foot tall and weighs 95 lbs wtf :doublethumbsup:

She must have told him she was planning to do another reality show looking for love but with NFL players this time and Merriman went :mad:

I hope this doesn't affect my pick of the Chargers D in all my drafts though...

She must have told him she was planning to do another reality show looking for love but with NFL players this time and Merriman went :nono:

She likes furburgers as well as pemus which is probably why she got choked out; Shawn wanted a Merriman sammich (which man wouldn't be merri with two chicks on either side) and she said no. Open and shut case of self defense if you ask me.

i hope nothing because i drafted the Chargers Defense late in 2 of my drafts :nono:

Same here. Not looking good for their propects this year.

This sucks. I also drafted the Chargers as my sleeper/comeback D in almost all of my drafts. lol...

She likes furburgers as well as pemus which is probably why she got choked out; Shawn wanted a Merriman sammich (which man wouldn't be merri with two chicks on either side) and she said no. Open and shut case of self defense if you ask me.

Sounds like a bad freakin' joke. Tequila's lawyer is named Leemon.........who will no doubt add salt to Merriman's wounds.

27-year-old Tila Tequila signed a citizen's arrest warrant early Sunday, charging Merriman with battery and false imprisonment.

b*tch :thumbsdown:

apparently the news in SD is reporting there are 10 witnesses who were at said party, willing to attest that Merriman was just not letting her leave the party trashed, she was flailing around and he was trying to detain her

Shawne is a hero, drunk driving is bad

F'ing Tila tramp is worse

apparently the news in SD is reporting there are 10 witnesses who were at said party, willing to attest that Merriman was just not letting her leave the party trashed, she was flailing around and he was trying to detain her

Shawne is a hero, drunk driving is bad

F'ing Tila tramp is worse

Posse to the rescue!!!

pretty soon one of them will say they choked her without Shawn knowing about it...

C'mon, like 95% the people who have ever been tricked into watching her dumb ass "reality" show wouldn't try to choke her if given the opportunity. If I was Merriman's lawyer my case would be "Judge, just spend 20 min with her in the daylight and when she's wearing clothes. If you don't try to choke her then I'll do my time."

Lights Out angry! Lights Out choke!! :thumbsdown:

You can't make an STD infested ho a housewife.

Roid-raging closet cases shouldn't date wannabe celeb hookers. Hopefully the cops showed up and maced them both.

The fall of Merriman continues. Maybe he can carve out a niche as a B-movie action star? Seems to be working for The Boz.

Roid-raging closet cases shouldn't date wannabe celeb hookers. Hopefully the cops showed up and maced them both.

This is as good a summation of the situation as possible. Thread over. :first:

At least his gun didn't slide from his waist band as he was wrestlin with the aforementioned celebrity ho and go off in his pants while trying to do his part in fighting drunk driving. I, for one, find it difficult to believe that A) she was intoxicated and :first: that she would have him arrested. She always seemed so normal on TV...

What's more stupid?

1. Carrying an unregistered gun in your waistband in NY

or

2. Dating Tila Tequila

At least his gun didn't slide from his waist band as he was wrestlin with the aforementioned celebrity ho and go off in his pants while trying to do his part in fighting drunk driving. I, for one, find it difficult to believe that A) she was intoxicated and B) that she would have him arrested. She always seemed so normal on TV...

What's more stupid?

or

2. Dating Tila Tequila

Answer:

1. SHOOTING YOURSELF with said unregistered gun in your waistband in NY AND going to jail AND losing your job with the Millions it came with. Btw, the cutest thing he'll be looking at is Tony Tequila.

A distant but painful second is:

2. Dating Tila Tequila. Cute but with nether regions comprised of swamp pudding you can be sure that anytime you see her 3 days later you gotta go see the doctor.

At least his gun didn't slide from his waist band as he was wrestlin with the aforementioned celebrity ho and go off in his pants while trying to do his part in fighting drunk driving. I, for one, find it difficult to believe that A) she was intoxicated and B) that she would have him arrested. She always seemed so normal on TV...

What's more stupid?

or

2. Dating Tila Tequila

Sounds like a trick question. B)

Merriman will be cleared and he will be killing OAK on Monday night. All reports indicate he was watching out for her. Tila just wants attention and money. Goodell, nor the authorities, will have no ground to fine or suspend Shawn.