Sign in to follow this  
Tony_Romo_Domination

Official Pats vs Jets Thread

The refs are making sure the Jets don't have a chance, but the D is hanging tough anyway.

Peterson main reason they get deep and then at the 2 he runs the FB and then a Favre Rollout for the TD...

When is ADP contract up? lol

Sanchez is 3/5 for 15 passing yards in the first half. welcome to the nfl rookie. Jets are not winning this game.

Sanchez is 3/5 for 15 passing yards in the first half. welcome to the nfl rookie. Jets are not winning this game.

;)

They may or may not win, but the kid and this team have moxy.

;)

They may or may not win, but the kid and this team have moxy.

I'm starting to be very impressed by this Sanchez kid. He's throwing some accurate lasers when he gets the chance.

The rookie now has a QB rating of 113.3 for the game (3:09 left in the 3rd).

Brady's is 53.6.

:shocking:

Oh, and update on the score?

:lol:

Not having Welker is the difference in this game. I'll be looking forward to the rematch in Foxboro.

Not having Welker is the difference in this game. I'll be looking forward to the rematch in Foxboro.

You knew the Ma$$holes would make that excuse lol :thumbsdown:

Man you fans make me laugh!!

:thumbsdown: The refs gave the Pats 6 of the points they did get. Washington didn't fumble, Scott's unnecessary roughness penalty was bogus and the penalty on Sheppard that kept their 2nd scoring drive alive was bogus as well. Welker might have helped, but the fact remains that the Pats didn't score an offensive TD. I too look forward to the rematch, hopefully the Jets keep up this level of play.

You knew the Ma$$holes would make that excuse lol :thumbsdown:

Man you fans make me laugh!!

The real joke is the Jets and their fans who win one game in week 2 ( by a whopping 7 points over a depleted team no less) and think they have won the SB. Not surprising coming from a team and fanbase that hasn't won jack in 40 years. Enjoy. I'll relish watching your team choke yet once again when it matters. Done.

The real joke is the Jets and their fans who win one game in week 2 ( by a whopping 7 points over a depleted team no less) and think they have won the SB. Not surprising coming from a team and fanbase that hasn't won jack in 40 years. Enjoy. I'll relish watching your team choke yet once again when it matters. Done.

I knew the Ma$$holes could not take a loss today!! Whether they won by 1 pt or 40 pts we still won son. 2-0 and undefeated!! :thumbsdown:

Man losing sucks doesn't it? Sucked in '86 as well lol :pointstosky:

its a totally different team without the cheating, isnt it?....

if it wasnt for the bills choking last week away, theyd be 0-2....

What a bunch of crap. Brady had the 2nd or 3rd worst game of his career, the Pats were awful on offense, they had a billion penalties and still barely lost. The Jets were terrible until they became mediocre in the 2nd half. But I'll give it to them even though they weren't good they won ugly and the rookie QB showed poise while the Hall of Famer looked rattled. Most Patriots fans will give you that.

What we won't give you is any of this crap you guys are shoveling about cheating and the Jets dominating this year and blah dee blah blah! Good win, bad loss, game 3 next week at home.

An honest fan will admit it was painful to see Brady so inaccurate and to see him clearly not stepping into his passes. But not having Welker did hurt and while Edelman is solid he's no Welker or Troy Brown in the slot. The slot is where Tom Brady makes his living and sets it all up. Troy Brown caught 100 passes way before Wes Welker ever had. When Brady doesn't have his short passing game going, which the Pats have always used as a substitute for the running game things don't work for this offense. That's why Welker replacing Troy Brown was so important.

On the negative Galloway looked old-again! Watson and Moss got owned. I didn't see any special coverage just strong football by the Jets DBs and not a lot of desire by the Pats WRs or TEs. Combined with the penalties, poor play by Brady, a non existent running game and poor adjustments we deserved to lose. Sure Brady looks stationary but he didn't get sacked or hurt and they were coming and the running game will get better. The Defense gelled a bit more today and I like what I saw and with so many young players, Belichick's history with Defenses and the return of Jerod Mayo later this year the Defense will only get better. And before you go there Belichick's history with the Giants and Pats have proved his Defensive genius my money is on a constantly improving Defense.

Also do not discount the fact that Kevin O'Connell helped the Jets A LOT. He was our #2 QB up until 1 week before the season started. We traded him to Detroit and then Detroit dicked us by trading him to the Jets. All I can think of is Bills 31 Patriots 0 which was the score the Bills beat us by after we cut Lawyer Milloy a week earlier. The Pats beat the Bills 31-0 last game of the season. So we will see during the rematch. I hate to talk smack after a loss like this but my money is on the Patriots in New England and in a big way. Let's see how the Jets do after they don't have our playbook, Welker is back and Brady gets his feet literally under him.

I'll admit I was wrong Kerry Rhodes talked smack and the Patriots didn't perform and didn't make him eat his words. Rex Ryan got in Coach Belichick's head and his brashness paid off. Sending out the former Patriots players at the coin toss takes HUEVOS GRANDES and Rex Ryan set the tone for this game months ago. Kudos to Sanchez, Kudos to the Jets fans, Kudos to the Coach. See you November 22nd Jets fans and I do mean I'll see you. I'll be there and Coach won't have to call me and tell me to scream loud. Hey I've been wrong before and I've been wrong a lot lately, I lost big in my two money fantasy leagues, I told everyone here to start Ryan Succop, I traded for Wes Welker two days ago and I talked my Dad into betting some money on the Patriots today, like I said I've been wrong before but here's my wrap....

The Jets didn't look good at all and it took a terrible performance by the Pats for the Jets to sneak a win out. Maybe it's the end of it all, the sky is falling, Brady has become Stetson not SuperBowl and the Sox won't win for another 86 years. Or Maybe the Pats finish with 12-13 wins and take the Division and a 1st round bye.

I won't be responding to this thread anymore. There is nothing official about a thread that starts after the game.

Not having Welker is the difference in this game.

It shouldn't be. The Pats are in pretty sorry shape if they can't beat the Jets just because of Welker.

The Pats would NEVER make an excuse like that. Neither should their fans.

It shouldn't be. The Pats are in pretty sorry shape if they can't beat the Jets just because of Welker.

The Pats would NEVER make an excuse like that. Neither should their fans.

You're right. Welker being out was not the difference. Edelman played well except for the drop right before the half.

The Pats D played well again - they held the Buffalo O to 17 points and the Jets O to 16. And that is without Mayo. If they can keep that up they will win a lot of games. The problem right now is Brady. He has no touch on his passes. He can fire the ball but he is struggling with some of the throws that require more touch than velocity. Also, the receivers have dropped too many passes the last two weeks.

It's only a matter of time before the offense finds its rhythm. The schedule doesn't get any easier with Atl and Balt coming up but I see them getting on a roll in the second half and finishing with 12 wins.

Man losing sucks doesn't it? Sucked in '86 as well lol :shocking:

You mean when the Pats beat the Jets in the Wild Card game in NY? :overhead:

Why the hell would you bring that up?

The Pat's did their talking on the field, they said, "we lose"...... :music_guitarred:

I knew the Ma$$holes could not take a loss today!! Whether they won by 1 pt or 40 pts we still won son. 2-0 and undefeated!! :music_guitarred:

Man losing sucks doesn't it? Sucked in '86 as well lol :overhead:

I usually save this for Bears fans, but since you seem to be dealing with their favorite year ('86!), too... here's a song for you.....

:rolleyes: :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

i finally got to watch most of 3rd and 4th quarter and i wish i had not :music_guitarred: Brady and the offense looked awful. they kept trying to run the ball when everyone knows they need to pass the dam ball. but then when they tried to pass Brady did not look very good. i did not see them throw the ball deep once :rolleyes:

by the way Brady and Moss got me a combined 8 mother F*%@# points :pointstosky:

I miss Charlie Weis :rolleyes:

:music_guitarred:

The Jets didn't look good at all and it took a terrible performance by the Pats for the Jets to sneak a win out.

Now hang on. Did you watch the game? Jets looked very good.

Calvin Pace didn't play either.

Edelman did a pretty decent Welker impersonation.