Sign in to follow this  
Chris Henry of Bengals has died from his injuries from accident...

Hang in there Chris, here's to him recovering.

And seriously guys, what's with the tasteless remarks? This is a man's life we are talking about here :thumbsdown:

I know Twitter isn't the most reliable source, but this is from a radio/tv station in the area:

http://twitter.com/700wlw

driving home, local sports talk radio announced he was dead, however, it appears that was premature. but it doesn't sound good at all

I'll bet he was trying to crawl into the cab. Probably opened the door and she swerved sending him for the ride.

dude was always playing with fire but despite that i hope he is ok. sometimes u get burned when u have repeated close calls with the law/domestic disputes/etc.

Hope he is ok.......but doubt he isnt.....dang. :thumbsdown:

:thumbsdown:

I never say much around here but often see the things you write and this time can't help but say something. How old are you? Get a ###### life, this story is about somebody's life hanging in balance and you're still being a jackass just like you always are, give it up for a second.

I don't want to sound insensitive, but this is a fantasy football messageboard....

Has he been officially ruled out for Sunday?

Will answer yours.

I don't want to sound insensitive, but this is a fantasy football messageboard....

Will answer yours.

I own him in a dynasty league. What should I do now?

If he's on life support, then he more than likely not going to make it. The odds are against him because he was on the side of a road with brain trauma for who knows how long. If the driver would have stopped and called 911, his odds would have been much better.

This is a tragedy, and I predict that there would be no wise cracks if it were one of your brothers or son.

Well, he is someones brother and son.

Superb talent, who appeared to be getting his life and career headed the right direction.

May God bless him and his family as his life hangs in the balance.

If he's on life support, then he more than likely not going to make it. The odds are against him because he was on the side of a road with brain trauma for who knows how long. If the driver would have stopped and called 911, his odds would have been much better.

As a medical student, I am the first to acknowledge that I may not be an expert neurosurgeon, however the term "life-support" can mean a variety of different things. We shouldn't jump to conclusions just because Henry was reported on life support, as that could mean anything from ventilation, to dialysis, feeding tube, catheter, etc... All of these things are under the broad term of "life support". Granted, the prognosis seems poor just because of the fact that it is a HEAD injury, and because of the fragility of the brain we can always assume the worst. Anything from permanent head damage, to a persistent vegetative state, to potentially death. However, we can't rule out that he doesn't survive this incident, and possible make a partial recovery, who knows, maybe even a full recovery. The only people that know the extent of the injury at this point are the doctors/surgeons in the room with him now. Until then, we just have to hope he pulls through.

And guys, I know this is a fantasy football forum, but let's use some common sense here. This is a person's life we are talking about here. Like stonewall mentioned this IS somebody's son. This guy was planning to get married. Let's think about HIS family instead of being selfish and completely inappropriate just for a little bit.

Seriously, some of the responses in here just appalls me.

As a medical student, I am the first to acknowledge that I may not be an expert neurosurgeon, however the term "life-support" can mean a variety of different things. We shouldn't jump to conclusions just because Henry was reported on life support, as that could mean anything from ventilation, to dialysis, feeding tube, catheter, etc... All of these things are under the broad term of "life support". Granted, the prognosis seems poor just because of the fact that it is a HEAD injury, and because of the fragility of the brain we can always assume the worst. Anything from permanent head damage, to a persistent vegetative state, to potentially death. However, we can't rule out that he doesn't survive this incident, and possible make a partial recovery, who knows, maybe even a full recovery. The only people that know the extent of the injury at this point are the doctors/surgeons in the room with him now. Until then, we just have to hope he pulls through.

And guys, I know this is a fantasy football forum, but let's use some common sense here. This is a person's life we are talking about here. Like stonewall mentioned this IS somebody's son. This guy was planning to get married. Let's think about HIS family instead of being selfish and completely inappropriate just for a little bit.

well said.

Then maybe this nonsense should be posted somewhere else besides a fantasy football forum. None of us know him or his family. Are you going to think about every person in the world that is clinging to life every day? of course not. What makes him special. People die in horrific ways every day. Its our sense of humor that allows us to enjoy life in spite of this. If he was some schmuck written about in the Darwin Awards for being an idiot and jumping in the back of a truck, we would all be chuckling. How is this different. He was in an accident, ok, interesting news. Is it fantasy relevant, no, so lets move on and stop taking yourselves so g0ddam serious....... :doublethumbsup:

why would you jump into the back of a moving truck? :doublethumbsup:

Yeah, you fell out and got hurt. No shiit Jet Li.

Then maybe this nonsense should be posted somewhere else besides a fantasy football forum. None of us know him or his family. Are you going to think about every person in the world that is clinging to life every day? of course not. What makes him special. People die in horrific ways every day. Its our sense of humor that allows us to enjoy life in spite of this. If he was some schmuck written about in the Darwin Awards for being an idiot and jumping in the back of a truck, we would all be chuckling. How is this different. He was in an accident, ok, interesting news. Is it fantasy relevant, no, so lets move on and stop taking yourselves so g0ddam serious....... :doublethumbsup:

alot of people die everyday. Chris was a criminal and a well paid one at that......I also dont get the talk about him to this extent.

what is appalling about the posts? just keeping it real

This is a tragedy, and I predict that there would be no wise cracks if it were one of your brothers or son.

Superb talent, who appeared to be getting his life and career headed the right direction.

OK but the fact remains he was a criminal.

Man, domestic dispute sounds about right for this headcase guy, but still.

Very talented receiver with major credible hype coming out of the preseason .... so much so I drafted the dude.

However I did drop him like a pickup truck.

Man, domestic dispute sounds about right for this headcase guy, but still.

Very talented receiver with major credible hype coming out of the preseason .... so much so I drafted the dude.

However I did drop him like a pickup truck.

:doublethumbsup:

Hang in there Chris, here's to him recovering.

And seriously guys, what's with the tasteless remarks? This is a man's life we are talking about here :bandana:

I know Twitter isn't the most reliable source, but this is from a radio/tv station in the area:

http://twitter.com/700wlw

because in all honestly if he didnt play football noone would give a rats ass.

plenty of people die every day, what makes him so special.

Besides Carson Palmer has been dead for weeks anyways.

+1

Worthless. Just pure worthless with that typical statement.

Yes, plenty of people DO die everyday, and I am equally sympathetic for each one. However, since Chris Henry has been singled out, and is potentially dying, I am sympathetic towards him and his family. If you don't care about his condition, then don't come in here and post. Instead, you came in and made a mockery of the situation, which makes you look like a f*cking heartless moron.

Plenty of people die each day, and you are the one making fun of it. Not cool in my book.

OK but the fact remains he was a criminal.

Ok, the fact remains your spend half your waking life on a fantasy football message board. If that give you some kind of moral ground to mete life sentences out on others then put me down for a piano falling on your head tomorrow you little snide loser. Because believe me, outside of your over-protective mother and your circle jerk buddies no one is going to care - and there will be millions mourning chris

Yeah, people die every day, but when is the last time someone you knew died? people are deeply affected by deaths of not only those they know personally, but of people that they know of, look up too, or root for. chris henry was a well know athlete that had many fans for the last ten years - thats what makes him special.

personally, I don't think its over yet. We will certainly know more in the next day or two but people have pulled through traumatic head injuries before. Hell, look at the difference a day made in the kevin everett diagnosis a few years ago. modern medicine a amazing thing

While it's tragic that a young man may die as a result of a horrible accident let's be clear about a couple things:

1. The guy wasn't a model citizen. He may have been keeping himself out of trouble PUBLICALLY but obviously there was a domestic dispute that resulted in his being injured.

2. A lot of people are NOT surprised Chris Henry may die young. His prior 'thug' mentality has soiled his reputation and few people will give him the benefit of the doubt. THAT's the reason why people can crack jokes about him despite his injuries.

3. Tiger Woods is most likely smiling as the sports world is talking about something other than him.

Yes, plenty of people DO die everyday, and I am equally sympathetic for each one. However, since Chris Henry has been singled out, and is potentially dying, I am sympathetic towards him and his family. If you don't care about his condition, then don't come in here and post. Instead, you came in and made a mockery of the situation, which makes you look like a f*cking heartless moron.

Plenty of people die each day, and you are the one making fun of it. Not cool in my book.

no I just dont care. Does his family care that my mother has been hospitalized in ICU for the last 3 months? do any of you care? I dont expect any of you to and honestly it doesnt make a damm bit of difference if you do. Does it make me feel better that random Joe sends their get well? Does it make her get better any sooner?

no I just dont care. Does his family care that my mother has been hospitalized in ICU for the last 3 months? do any of you care? I dont expect any of you to and honestly it doesnt make a damm bit of difference if you do. Does it make me feel better that random Joe sends their get well? Does it make her get better any sooner?

Exactly, that's the point I'm trying to make here Raider. You say you don't care. OK! That's fine. You are not morally obligated to care about this. However, what's wrong is not that you (and everyone else) don't care about what's happening. It's that you came into the thread (one that you supposedly don't care about) for the sole purpose of making fun of a potentially dying man. In regards to your mom; yes I do in fact care. I can honestly say that I do, without knowing you or your mom. You don't need to know somebody personally in order to be affected by them. And you know what, continued support, even from strangers, has been proven to actually help people recover quicker in a lot of instances.

Anyway, I digress. Point is, despite all of Chris Henry's wrongdoings, he is still human, and by the looks of it was trying to clean up is act. All I was asking for was a little civility and compassion. I suppose that was asking too much of people :bandana:

Will answer yours.

You are now and will always be an insensitive dillhole

alot of people die everyday. Chris was a criminal and a well paid one at that......I also dont get the talk about him to this extent.

Says the clown who has had about a dozen posts on this topic already

Yup, don't feel sorry for scumbags that die. :unsure:

And I might just pick him up to stir the sh!t.