Sign in to follow this  
sirensong

Cowboys and Romo haters, please own it.

I'll give them their due. That was their biggest win in years. Romo played well, as he has been all year.

If they lose their first playoff game nothing changes, but a win like this this late in the year shows that they might finally be ready to knock that monkey off.

Good game Dallas :lol:

Oh, any Cowboys/Pats aliases can still go to hell. :thumbsdown:

I'll give them their due. That was their biggest win in years. Romo played well, as he has been all year.

If they lose their first playoff game nothing changes, but a win like this this late in the year shows that they might finally be ready to knock that monkey off.

Good game Dallas :thumbsdown:

:lol:

The Saints outplayed the Cowboys the final 3 quarters of the game.

what an absurd statement.

total offense: dal 439, NO 336

TOP: dal 36:26, NO 23:24

3rd down conversions: dal 53%, NO 14%

through 3 quarters, the cowboys were up 24-3. in the 3rd quarter, NO "outplayed" dallas by only keeping the ball for 3 total minutes, allowing two 10+ play drives, and failing to score. they finally got going in the 4th, but after finally scoring 2 TDs, they allowed romo to go 4 for 5 on his last two drives, kill the clock, and drive to the NO 6. the only reason that the game was even in question was a missed chip shot FG.

so i'll grant you that NO outplayed dallas for 7 min.

the cowboys dominated the other 53.

through 3 quarters, the cowboys were up 24-3. in the 3rd quarter, NO "outplayed" dallas by only keeping the ball for 3 total minutes, allowing two 10+ play drives, and failing to score. they finally got going in the 4th, but after finally scoring 2 TDs, they allowed romo to go 4 for 5 on his last two drives, kill the clock, and drive to the NO 6. the only reason that the game was even in question was a missed chip shot FG.

he is just trolling. dallas owned the first three quarters. this clown clearly didnt watch the game

Look at the first quarter stats. Dallas outgained New Orleans by around 150 yards and dominated the time of possession. New Orleans out gained, out scored, and held the ball longer than Dallas for the final 3 quarters. Look it up, dummy. New Orleans won the stats in the final 3 quarters, and they looked better than Dallas.

FACE.

what i hate most about these threads is the silence that proceeds them or follows them when Dallas loses.

silence?

you mean other than the two 7 page threads that began after the last two losses?

You should be excited about that game. Your Vikings are looking like the NFC favorites now.

The Saints barely beat the Falcons and Redskins and now lost at home to a very average Dallas team.

i dont understand how people say average....if and that is the key word if ...... but the defense finally played a complete game....to tell the truth the rest of the league should take notice what the biys can do playing a complete game....also i love how people say that romo finally played a good game not sure if you noticed but he has not thrown in interception all month but the defense fell apart but romo still got the blame.......the haters will never be quiet its all good....lets see...they make the playoffs as #6 seed or 4 or 3 and all teams have flaws so i love how everybody just hands the crown to the vikes.......i think you all were the ones saying the giants were the team to beat last year ...... anything can happen

i dont understand how people say average....if and that is the key word if ...... but the defense finally played a complete game....to tell the truth the rest of the league should take notice what the biys can do playing a complete game....also i love how people say that romo finally played a good game not sure if you noticed but he has not thrown in interception all month but the defense fell apart but romo still got the blame.......the haters will never be quiet its all good....lets see...they make the playoffs as #6 seed or 4 or 3 and all teams have flaws so i love how everybody just hands the crown to the vikes.......i think you all were the ones saying the giants were the team to beat last year ...... anything can happen

dallas beat the saints and the eagles. you can tell the eagle fan is angry about this fact

Funny how Romo gets so much attention.

This will only be his 3rd season as the starter, and was undrafted coming out of college, yet everyone expects Romo to play at or above Peyton Manning level....lol

When you put it all into perspective, Im overjoyed to have Romo leading the Cowboys forward, and look forward to seeing him add to the trophy case as he actually begins to play into his prime.... that hasnt even happened yet.

So the haters will just have to continue to hate even more and more, as Romo gets better and better.

Cowboy fans have put this guy up on a pedastal. And he hasn't exactly run away from the spotlight, so he is fair game for criticism.

He's 29 years old. Don't make him out to be some "young up-and-comer". :dunno:

dallas beat the saints and the eagles. you can tell the eagle fan is angry about this fact

McNabb/Eagles 3-0 in December.

Romo/Dallas 1-2 in December.

This isn't difficult, people. :dunno:

McNabb/Eagles 3-0 in December.

Romo/Dallas 1-2 in December.

This isn't difficult, people. :dunno:

if dallas and philly both win next week then the final game will be for the division crown. Dallas is gonna smash the eagles in week 17.

Romo has always, in most of the games, played well in December. The rest of the team (defense, special teams, running game) finally did too. Well except for Folk, this time he didn't cost them the game.

Our team is alone in 1st place. Why would we be angry?

Our team is alone in 1st place. Why would we be angry?

win next week and then you have week 17 game at jerry world. If you think dallas has forgotten about last year in philly in week 17 you are dreaming. dallas will destroy you and win the division.

win next week and then you have week 17 game at jerry world. If you think dallas has forgotten about last year in philly in week 17 you are dreaming. dallas will destroy you and win the division.

Dallas loses in the trap game vs the Skins and week 17 doesn't matter. Write it down

Dallas loses in the trap game vs the Skins and week 17 doesn't matter. Write it down

you better hope so.........i guarantee philly will get wrecked in week 17. dallas has had this game marked down for a long time.

you better hope so.........i guarantee philly will get wrecked in week 17. dallas has had this game marked down for a long time.

If the Dallas Cowpussies lose in Washington, they'll end up beating Kevin Kolb, Ira Buckley, and Reggie Brown.

And there's no one who's paid attention to Romo in the last four years who would be the least bit surprised to see him lose to Washington.

Oh, well since you guarantee it. I'll back off.

You rule :pointstosky:

Romo won't win 3 big games in at the end of the season.  No focking way

AMERICA'S TEAM is the Dallas Cowboys

It's a tip that everyone outside of Texor hates everything and anything about Texor. I've been all over the earth and Texor is easily the worst place on the planet. I'd rather slam my testicles into a drawer than spend a day in hot, humid, flat crappy ass Texor. The only Dallas fans I know outside of Dallas were born in Mexico. HTH.

PS. I'm not a fan of Philly, Washington or NYG.

It's a tip that everyone outside of Texor hates everything and anything about Texor. I've been all over the earth and Texor is easily the worst place on the planet. I'd rather slam my testicles into a drawer than spend a day in hot, humid, flat crappy ass Texor. The only Dallas fans I know outside of Dallas were born in Mexico. HTH.

PS. I'm not a fan of Philly, Washington or NYG.

yes yes kill yourselvz.

You really don't know. No one knows.

And, I care. I want to see the Cowboys haters take their medicine. That includes you. AMERICA'S TEAM is the Dallas Cowboys and they just defeated the previously undefeated New Orleans Saints In week 15 of the NFL Season, December 19th, 2009. That has to be difficult for you and the rest of the Cowboys haters to cope with.

Okay, I'll own it. I cannot stand the Cowboys. Frankly, this is part of it. America's Team???? They are America's Team because they stole the moniker. Get over yourselves.

Impressive win for the Cowboys and for Romo. I was, frankly, very surprised. Now let's see if they can sustain that, or it was just a "monkey off the back" game where the adrenaline dies afterward.

Oh, and I still can't stand the Cowboys, and still think Romo is overrated.

Cowboy fans have put this guy up on a pedastal. And he hasn't exactly run away from the spotlight, so he is fair game for criticism.

He's 29 years old. Don't make him out to be some "young up-and-comer". :doublethumbsup:

This.

Oh, and I still can't stand the Cowboys, and still think Romo is overrated.

Thisa is the part Cowboy fans don't understand. Since Romo became stareter four seasons ago, they've wanted to put him in the same conversations as the Mannings, Bradys, Favres, and Brees of teh league. Plus, because of his playboy-ways, he gets more media coverage than all of them. THey talk about teh guy like he's a superstar.

But as soon as someone brings up his 6 for 16 December record and the fact that he has NEVER WON A PLAYOFF GAME IN HIS CAREER, they want to talk about him like he's a youngster.

Well, you can't have it both ways. Either he's a premier-level NFL quarterback, or he's an average-to-above-average NFL quarterback who's getting better. If you want to pound your chest about his "big wins" every September, you better be able to eat crow and admit that his 6 for 16 December record is horrible.

It's bad for a poor NFL quarterback, it's bad for an average NFL quarterback, and it sure as hell is bad for someone you're trying to push off as elite.

Nice win for the Cowboys. Unlike prior seasons, Romo is stringing together some very good (turnover-free) games in December, rather than being up and down and turning the ball over in key moments. In addition, someone on the defense stepped up big (Ware and Spencer) which has not happened for the Cowboys in prior Decembers.

IF Romo continues to play well and the Cowboys continue to get players to step up on defense, then they may be able to overcome their two biggest liabilities: Phillip's coaching and Folk's kicking. The fact that the Cowboys are still relying on Folk tells you what kind of a coach Phillips is. I think even Wade will figure out this week that Folk has to go.

However, this is kind of like breaking someone's serve in Tennis. You haven't really broken serve until you hold your own serve in the next game. If Dallas loses to Washington then this Saints win doesn't really mean all that much. If Dallas beats the Redskins, then they have some nice momentum going into the division deciding game against the Eagles.

The fact that the Cowboys are still relying on Folk tells you what kind of a coach Phillips is. I think even Wade will figure out this week that Folk has to go.

A kicker's menatlity is like a relief pitcher's in baseball. They have to just kick/throw the ball the way they've done it all their lives. Folk hasn't gotten this far because he doesn't know how to kick. But now that it's become such a huge issue and he's having kicking competitions in practice, he's as good as done. You can tell that he doesn't walk on the field confident anymore. He's probably praying that the offense scores touchdowns now. He dreads having his number called.

Now that Hartley's kicking for the Saints, have they released Carney? He'd be a great pickup for Dallas. Unless N.O. is carrying two kickers. There's got to be someone out there who isn't pistol-whipped. The games just get bigger now. Folk's liable to just not show up one day.

A kicker's menatlity is like a relief pitcher's in baseball. They have to just kick/throw the ball the way they've done it all their lives. Folk hasn't gotten this far because he doesn't know how to kick. But now that it's become such a huge issue and he's having kicking competitions in practice, he's as good as done. You can tell that he doesn't walk on the field confident anymore. He's probably praying that the offense scores touchdowns now. He dreads having his number called.

Now that Hartley's kicking for the Saints, have they released Carney? He'd be a great pickup for Dallas. Unless N.O. is carrying two kickers. There's got to be someone out there who isn't pistol-whipped. The games just get bigger now. Folk's liable to just not show up one day.

Romo is Folk's holder. I'm suprised you haven't blamed Romo for all Folk's issues.

Romo is Folk's holder. I'm suprised you haven't blamed Romo for all Folk's issues.

See? Do you need any more proof that I'm objective on all issues.

I don't think it's Romo's fault, since he wasn't the holder when Folk's problem's started. (But I do think it's Romo's fault that they need to try so many field goals. Pads get a bit tight around his neck when he gets inside the 30) :thumbsdown:

what should amaze you is that when dallas wins huge games like this the trolls refuse to post here. they run like cockroaches when the lights are turned on. The donhass, shonuff, phillybear, gladestones flahawker types all run away. the ghost machine dudes and all other eagles fans run for cover. they are hypocrites. :thumbsdown:

Jeebus you are one stupid fock. Was I NOT the 1st one in this thread to give dem 'boys their props? WTF, stop making s h i t up to suit your dumbass arguments.

Face it...the "haters" have been right about Romo and the Cowboys...but it also was never just about December...but about late season and playoffs. And he still has not won a playoff game.

Your coach still blows...and the last decade plus have stunk for Big D.

But the biggest thing is...while the last decade has been a failure...you focking Cowobys fans have still acted like they are something special. That is why there is so much hate. You all still act like you have won Super Bowls recently and that everything is so great down there.

If you all would just STFU...there would be very little of this so-called hate.

This is the whole thing about romo and dallas.. There wouldn't even be all the hate and attention on romo and dallas if the homer fans would just shut up and agree that Romo is not the greatest QB of all time. He is an average QB.. Except it. RIGHT now thats all he is.. Not saying that he can't become a great QB and win big games, playoff games etc.. But right now he is not even in the same realm as montana, peyton, etc.. Dallas has not won a playoff game years and years ago. Thats where the hate comes from.

They played a great game.. had a great gameplan and we did not scheme for ware and that was the deciding factor. 24 points (dallas' score) was the lowest we have scored all year long. If not for the play of the defense I believe it would have been another come from behind victory for the saints. Dallas executed and outplayed for 3 quarters no doubt.

But it does nothing to change the way the "haters" think about dallas and romo.

If Romo winds up beating the Redskins and Eagles, I think the legend of his December failures will be cast aside for good. That would be three wins in five games in what was a brutal stretch of scheduling. Of course, he still has to win a playoff game or that monkey on his back will continue to haunt him. He definitely looked every bit as good as Drew Brees on Saturday night, although any quarterback would have found it pretty difficulty to look good under the amount of pressure Dallas was putting on him.

If Romo winds up beating the Redskins and Eagles, I think the legend of his December failures will be cast aside for good. That would be three wins in five games in what was a brutal stretch of scheduling. Of course, he still has to win a playoff game or that monkey on his back will continue to haunt him. He definitely looked every bit as good as Drew Brees on Saturday night, although any quarterback would have found it pretty difficulty to look good under the amount of pressure Dallas was putting on him.

The Philly game is in January.

Not certain I'd call it a trap game. Washington is playing well the past few weeks. Campbell doesn't throw 2 picks - they had beaten you at home couple weeks back. We will have to play very well to win.

Romo sucks! Cowboys suck!

Anybody out there care to comment on Dallas not being able to win in December now. Not only did they win, but they dominated the Saints, furthermore, they had to resort to hurry up offense to have a chance, but in the end even with their weapons ours were bigger and hit harder.

Thisa is the part Cowboy fans don't understand. Since Romo became stareter four seasons ago, they've wanted to put him in the same conversations as the Mannings, Bradys, Favres, and Brees of teh league. Plus, because of his playboy-ways, he gets more media coverage than all of them. THey talk about teh guy like he's a superstar.

But as soon as someone brings up his 6 for 16 December record and the fact that he has NEVER WON A PLAYOFF GAME IN HIS CAREER, they want to talk about him like he's a youngster.

Well, you can't have it both ways. Either he's a premier-level NFL quarterback, or he's an average-to-above-average NFL quarterback who's getting better. If you want to pound your chest about his "big wins" every September, you better be able to eat crow and admit that his 6 for 16 December record is horrible.

It's bad for a poor NFL quarterback, it's bad for an average NFL quarterback, and it sure as hell is bad for someone you're trying to push off as elite.

The Cowboys won't lose another regular season game this year. They are indeed headed to the playoffs. They won't lose to the Redskins or to the Eagles. They have finally found their stride. There are several reasons they won't lose:

1. They have a championship caliber defense. The old adage is true that defense wins championships, and

they simply do not give up many points. Combine that with the fact that they have a very good offense,

that is capable of scoring points in bunches, and they can beat anybody in the league.

2. They dismantled the #1 team in the NFC, and held the highest scoring offense in the NFL to 3 points in

the first half. They didn't just beat the Saints...they beat them up, and exposed their weaknesses.

3. The victory over the Saints gave them the confidence that they can beat anybody in the league. They

now expect to go deep in the playoffs, not just make the playoffs. They now feel they belong, and are

entitled to go to the Super Bowl. They are now the team nobody wants to face in the playoffs.

4. The coaching staff is finally coming around on offense, recognizing that the more they use their high

octane running game, the more it opens up the passing game.

5. They have heard enough of the critics saying they can't win in December. This team is playing angry,

and taking it out on opponents, as well as exorcising some demons from the past. The Saints win was

the first step in quieting the critics. The next will be the destruction of the Redskins. The final step

to the playoffs will be the crushing of the Eagles to atone for last years devastating loss.

6. They are too talented, too focused, and too determined to allow anyone to stop them from getting to

the postseason. Once they get there.....look out!!!