Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

2010 NFL Draft Weekend Team Thread: Dallas Cowboys

Jerry Jones is happy with his receivers

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 21, 2010 5:16 PM ET

A lot of those goofy team needs columns believe the Cowboys can use receiver help.

Tony Romo and Jerry Jones don't agree.

"Say what you want about 1,2,3,4, whoever makes our team I'm very comfortable with going one-to-five," Romo said after a round of golf to ESPNDallas' Calvin Watkins Wednesday.

We think the Cowboys have more pressing needs for now (safety) and the future (defensive line) than receiver. Jones says a move for a top receiver is unlikely.

"That's unlikely because I like where we are at receiver and so . . . unlikely," Jones said. "And I'm not defining whether it's unlikely [a receiver] would slip, or whether I'm likely to do it if he slips. Seriously, I'm having a play with words here, but I don't think that's likely, in my opinion."

Glad we cleared that up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-his-receivers/

I hope Dez pulls a TO on you guys hahahahahha. Screw the cowgirls.

Wow. Thanks for the insight. :overhead: Why don't you crawl back to the bridge you've been lurking under?

I was hoping for Thomas and when he went (we didn't make a move for him) I was a bit deflated. I never thought Dez would fall that far. I think his "issues" have been over blown and we very well may have gotten a top five talent. So far so good. I hope we can find some safety/O-line help tomorrow.

dez bryant, wr, oklahoma state

wow! just...wow! they let flozell adams walk, marc colombo is returning from injury, and they paid picks for roy williams; they lost to the vikes because they couldn't protect their qb.....but who cares! take the top5 talent as a steal later in the round; bryant has elite explosion for his size, and elite deepball tracking.

romo, bryant, austin, witten.....wow!

dez bryant, wr, oklahoma state

wow! just...wow! they let flozell adams walk, marc colombo is returning from injury, and they paid picks for roy williams; they lost to the vikes because they couldn't protect their qb.....but who cares! take the top5 talent as a steal later in the round; bryant has elite explosion for his size, and elite deepball tracking.

romo, bryant, austin, witten.....wow!

cowgirls dont have a chance at the playoffs. Romo is a pre-madonna, steve austin powers is a one hit wonder, witten is washed up and dez TO jr will tear the team apart. Not to mention your coach is right up there with norv turner as being the most overrated ones currently employed. They make switzer look like parcells.

Boys could now easily be the top offense in the NFL in 2010. Jerry Jones made a very smart move in getting Dez. I don't think you can count on Austin to match last year's numbers...and Roy has been a non factor since arriving in Dallas...but Witten should rebound in terms of TD catches. This will put the pressure on Roy to put up or shut up.

cowgirls dont have a chance at the playoffs. Romo is a pre-madonna, steve austin powers is a one hit wonder, witten is washed up and dez TO jr will tear the team apart. Not to mention your coach is right up there with norv turner as being the most overrated ones currently employed. They make switzer look like parcells.

Dallas' biggest challenge this up coming year is going to be the schedule - it's absolutely brutal........ But other than that, you appear to be one of "those" - I'll pass on the toolish fishing trip.

All the Witten talk is a bit puzzling to me. The guy is in the prime of his life, just came off the 2nd most catches & yards of his career, and is healthy. Yea his td production went down a bit - but he's going to be fine, no worries there.

Get a dictionary and an education before you talk sh!t about my team, b!tch.

Get a dictionary and an education before you talk sh!t about my team, b!tch.

:ninja: Agreed. That was pretty funny...

So, does this mean the Cowboys will dump Roy Williams?

I don't have the answer. I would think they let Roy play out his contract. He has shown proven production when healthy and could have some good seasons going forward, in my opinion. I like having Roy Williams there even if Dez Bryant is the real deal, to go along with Miles Austin. Vikings were pretty good back when they had Jake Reed, Randy Moss, and Chris Carter. Hopefully Roy can concentrate more on catching the ball and make some big plays on post routes which he's great at running. I kind of look at this like when the Saints added Robert Meacham to an already goo WR core. Percy Harvin, Sidney Rice, and Berrian seem to co-exist pretty well too. Plus Crayton gives the Cowboys four good WRs to go along with Witten (and Martellus Bennett now and in the future). Sam Hurd & Kevin Ogletree have looked good at times too.

I don't have the answer. I would think they let Roy play out his contract. He has shown proven production when healthy and could have some good seasons going forward, in my opinion. I like having Roy Williams there even if Dez Bryant is the real deal, to go along with Miles Austin. Vikings were pretty good back when they had Jake Reed, Randy Moss, and Chris Carter. Hopefully Roy can concentrate more on catching the ball and make some big plays on post routes which he's great at running. I kind of look at this like when the Saints added Robert Meacham to an already goo WR core. Percy Harvin, Sidney Rice, and Berrian seem to co-exist pretty well too. Plus Crayton gives the Cowboys four good WRs to go along with Witten (and Martellus Bennett now and in the future). Sam Hurd & Kevin Ogletree have looked good at times too.

The Saints are a decent example, but in the Vikings threesome, there is a clear slot receiver (Harvin). Dallas's slot guy is Crayton...to me, that makes somebody the odd man out.

The Saints are a decent example, but in the Vikings threesome, there is a clear slot receiver (Harvin). Dallas's slot guy is Crayton...to me, that makes somebody the odd man out.

I guess it just depends on how fast Dez Bryant develops. The NFL is a new level, he might not be all that for three years.

I really have no idea. Roy just received a $9.5 million dollar roster bonus last week - we appear to be married to him...... But I felt all along Clowny was not content at the WR position, nor was I for that matter.

:pointstosky: Pre-Madonna? :(

Romo has now proven he can play at an elite level for the entire NFL season - including the playoffs (assuming his OLine actually shows up). What about Miles Austin makes you think he's a 1-hit wonder? People who know Dallas have been impressed with him for a few years now, and it's not like he was catching fluke passes, or trick plays, or only had 2 or 3 solid games. He was one of the best playmakers in the ENTIRE LEAGUE last season. Will he match his production from last year? Probably not, but he's a legit #1 WR in the NFL.

Dez TO jr? Get your facts straight. Dez' character issues have been blown out of proportion, and he is a top5 talent in this year's draft. He really could be the next Marshall/Fitzgerald/Moss type WR. Witten is washed up? He's coming off yet another productive season, even after being asked to block much more, especially in the red zone (which is why the TD #'s are low).

At least you made sense about the coach.

Am I the only Cowboys fan that is extremely nervous about left tackle? We've got some potential fillers for Flozell's spot - but nothing concrete and nothing that even remotely screams Pro Bowl potential. Maybe it's me, but Average Joe left tackles don't cut it in the NFL.

I guess it just depends on how fast Dez Bryant develops. The NFL is a new level, he might not be all that for three years.

Take it from a guy who's seen Bryant play plenty...it won't take three years. May not even take three months. Bryant is an exceptional talent. He doesn't need a lot of developing from a football standpoint.

Take it from a guy who's seen Bryant play plenty...it won't take three years. May not even take three months. Bryant is an exceptional talent. He doesn't need a lot of developing from a football standpoint.

I recently heard a rumor on TV (can't remember where) that Dez Bryant had to line up on the sideline of Oklahoma State's coaches so they could tell him what to do each play.

Sean Lee?

Didn't expect a LB, expected OL.

Damn smart kid, though. He should make us forget about carp

check out this guy from a dallas forearm, the type who lectures about saying 'we' in referring to your fav team...

Swass

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:20 am Post subject: This happens every year...

Every year, Jerry Jones leaves us with our heads scratching and spends the last rounds drafting OL and DBs with a DL mixed in there once in a while. I don't think Dallas (notice I didn't say 'we' because I am not a part of the team) should pick a player that they are not excited about or believe in.

However, I do feel the next person that we will pick is Myron Rolle. He may not be a superstar overnight, but has the talent to become one. He was an exciting player in college and a very respectable young man. Seriously, are we not all in agreement that Dallas could use a few more decent humans on the team? Especially a decent human that can play football and fill a need for the team.

woops :lol:

now if they could only teach Young to not stand str8 up all the time, we'd be doin greta

A wise person once said better to keep your mouth shut so people can only think you are an idiot than open you mouth and remove all doubt! Would you care to back up your mouth with your pay-pal account? :unsure:

Interesting, I wonder how many SB rings those coaches you just mentioned have? lmao

grades?

Dez Bryant A

Sean Lee B

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah A

Sam Young D (how bout kyle calloway?)

Jamar Wall D (uh hello, Myron Rolle was available)

Sean Lissemore B

overall B

Interesting, I wonder how many SB rings those coaches you just mentioned have? lmao

well, i agree that he's pretty stupid, but those coaches he mentioned have 3 rings.

Dallas' biggest challenge this up coming year is going to be the schedule - it's absolutely brutal........ But other than that, you appear to be one of "those" - I'll pass on the toolish fishing trip.

Totally agree. I am a huge cowboys fan...always have been, but making the playoffs will be tough with this schedule. If they make it thru, they will be dangerous, but this is the most ridiculous schedule I have EVER seen for any team!

Totally agree. I am a huge cowboys fan...always have been, but making the playoffs will be tough with this schedule. If they make it thru, they will be dangerous, but this is the most ridiculous schedule I have EVER seen for any team!

Sep 12 @Washington 8:20pm

Sep 19 Chicago 1:00pm

Sep 26 @Houston 1:00pm

Week 4 BYE

Oct 10 Tennessee 4:15pm

Oct 17 @Minnesota 4:15pm

Oct 25 N.Y. Giants 8:30pm

Oct 31 Jacksonville 1:00pm

Nov 7 @Green Bay 8:20pm

Nov 14 @N.Y. Giants 4:15pm

Nov 21 Detroit 1:00pm

Nov 25 New Orleans 4:15pm

Dec 5 @Indianapolis 4:15pm

Dec 12 Philadelphia 8:20pm

Dec 19 Washington 1:00pm

Dec 25 @Arizona 7:30pm

Jan 2 @Philadelphia 1:00pm

The Jersey awarded to Dez says it all.

I hope you are correct.........3 rings and the HOF.

deejsixer' date='Apr 25 2010,

w Sep 12 @Washington 8:20pm

w Sep 19 Chicago 1:00pm

w Sep 26 @Houston 1:00pm

Week 4 BYE

w Oct 10 Tennessee 4:15pm

l Oct 17 @Minnesota 4:15pm

w Oct 25 N.Y. Giants 8:30pm

w Oct 31 Jacksonville 1:00pm

l Nov 7 @Green Bay 8:20pm

l Nov 14 @N.Y. Giants 4:15pm

w Nov 21 Detroit 1:00pm

w Nov 25 New Orleans 4:15pm

l Dec 5 @Indianapolis 4:15pm

w Dec 12 Philadelphia 8:20pm

w Dec 19 Washington 1:00pm

w Dec 25 @Arizona 7:30pm

l Jan 2 @Philadelphia 1:00pm

Dallas was 11-5 last year, why not this year?

sweep washington

split with the giants and philthy

win the big home games, lose the big away games

after that it's detroit, houston, jags, tenn, chicago etc. teams they should beat.

Am I the only Cowboys fan that is extremely nervous about left tackle? We've got some potential fillers for Flozell's spot - but nothing concrete and nothing that even remotely screams Pro Bowl potential. Maybe it's me, but Average Joe left tackles don't cut it in the NFL.

I was thinking this too. Very shocked Dallas didn't take a tackle at some point. And I didn't catch the usual 8 Dallas games I'm usually forced to watch every season, was Flozell really that bad?