Sign in to follow this  
DanXIII

Mike & Mike = worst talk show hosts evah

I just got through listening to their interview with Rapistberger's attorney. Greenburg finally asks a good question, something along the lines of, "Rapistberger hasn't been charged with a crime, and you say he hasn't committed a crime, yet he is willing to do what the NFL commissioner asks. What, if anything, is he making amends for?" (paraphrased)

The attorney goes on to talk about "alcohol" and "poor judgment" but never gets into specifics, and these two Massengills let him COMPLETELY off the hook! A *real* journalist would have pinned this guy down and asked for specifics. It was a great question and it was answered in typical defense-attorney fashion. Greenburg sat there like a stump and didn't ask a single follow up question, and Ogre then asks the guy how Rapistberger feels about the possibility of being traded. :unsure:

These two guys are simply the worst. With all the resources at ESPN's disposal, THESE guys are your morning drive-time "talent?" :rolleyes:

I will turn them on in my hotel room at times on the road. I concur, they are horrible.

:rolleyes:

The cater to the pabst swilling community.

You want journalism you will have to wait for him to show up on some HBO special.... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure which is worse. Mike and Mike in the Morning. Or DanXIII thinking these two sports talk radio hosts are supposed to be hard hitting journalists.

I actually don't mind them at all.............. Stephen A. Smith now, omg - there's a focking tool.

I just got through listening to their interview with Rapistberger's attorney. Greenburg finally asks a good question, something along the lines of, "Rapistberger hasn't been charged with a crime, and you say he hasn't committed a crime, yet he is willing to do what the NFL commissioner asks. What, if anything, is he making amends for?" (paraphrased)

The attorney goes on to talk about "alcohol" and "poor judgment" but never gets into specifics, and these two Massengills let him COMPLETELY off the hook! A *real* journalist would have pinned this guy down and asked for specifics. It was a great question and it was answered in typical defense-attorney fashion. Greenburg sat there like a stump and didn't ask a single follow up question, and Ogre then asks the guy how Rapistberger feels about the possibility of being traded. :rolleyes:

These two guys are simply the worst. With all the resources at ESPN's disposal, THESE guys are your morning drive-time "talent?" :thumbsdown:

OR they are smart enough to realize the attorney is not going to give them anything no matter how much they try and pin him down.

But they are sports guys, not legal guys anyway.

And yes...those guys are the morning drive time because they are the most entertaining thing they have as far as radio right now.

Who is better at sports talk right now for the morning?

OR they are smart enough to realize the attorney is not going to give them anything no matter how much they try and pin him down.

And yes...those guys are the morning drive time because they are the most entertaining thing they have as far as radio right now.

Then why have Ben's attorney on the focking show?? So he can give his rapist client good PR? Why else would anyone give a fock what Ben's lawyer has to say, if you're not going ask him legit questions? He's not some athlete that they should just be tossing softballs too.

I'm not sure which is worse. Mike and Mike in the Morning. Or DanXIII thinking these two sports talk radio hosts are supposed to be hard hitting journalists.

Maybe I expect too much, but Mike Greenburg likes to remind his listeners at every turn about his "journalism degree from Northwestern." I don't expect much from Revenge of the Nerds' Ogre, but if you're describing yourself as a "journalist," you should at least pretend to be one from time to time.

Well, before they started airing some local honk in my area, I was thoroughly enjoying the Fox Sports Radio morning guys whose names escape me.

They aren't morning drive guys (on the east coast, anyway) but Jim Rome and Dan Patrick are vastly superior to these toolbags.

Well, before they started airing some local honk in my area, I was thoroughly enjoying the Fox Sports Radio morning guys whose names escape me.

They aren't morning drive guys (on the east coast, anyway) but Jim Rome and Dan Patrick are vastly superior to these toolbags.

Czaben? I can't believe they canned him, in favor of Stephen A. Smith. :thumbsdown:

Czaben? I can't believe they canned him, in favor of Stephen A. Smith. :thumbsdown:

Wasn't Smith with ESPN?

Mike and Mike > Rome

Patrick I agree...but he and ESPN have already pissed all over each other.

And not sure if Patrick's schtick would work in the morning.

He first perfectly in the mid morning or afternoon spots that he works in now.

Wasn't Smith with ESPN?

He was but now he took over the morning spot for FSR. The morning spot used to be "the first team". AKA The Steve Czaben Show.

Entertainment. Nothing more nothing less. I find them entertaining.

:thumbsdown:

Rome sux. I like patrick a little better than mike and mike. Mike and mike try to be too cute with their gimmicks.

Also agree that mike and mike are where they are because they keep it light. They get guys like Ditka and Bobby Knoght on their show and they just kiss their butts and let them talk. I basically like to listen to their show because they will occasionally have real sports jornalists on their show like Buster Olney, Peter Gammons, John Clayton, etc., who may have some interesting stuff to say.

These guys suck, but they would need advanced degrees in sucking from the University of Suck to suck as much as Rome.

Mike and Mike is ok. I don't like or dislike them. They get good guest and that trumps them.

Jim Rome is the ultimate suck. Colin Cowhard is not far behind. I like Erick Kuselias. They need to get him back on the air after Mike And Mike. He brings the funny along with asking the right questions. And his old Friday show where broke down each NFL game was very good.

If you're not listening to the SVP show, you're wasting your time.

He is the best in the business by a wide margin. He speaks his mind, he knows his stuff, he's funny, he's a common man, he has great guests, and he's likeable even when you disagree with his position because he's just a cool dude talking about sports.

The only negative is that now he's on Sportscenter less, and he was the best anchor on the network as well.

once upon a time they were good and really took cracks at each other and did some out of the ordinary stuff.

then as usual on espn, the program became more programmed, more promotered of espn, more blah blah blah.

now they act more like characters than people and force everything.

not worth listening to

Patrick is worthless. Rome is different. Mike and Mike are fine morning radio. I love their weekly in season football lineup.

Kornheiser and Cowherd are better than patrick, and Cowherd is a blowhard, and Tony a gimp.

I don't mind listening to them on the commute into work, but the amount of commercials are out of hand.

If you're not listening to the SVP show, you're wasting your time.

He is the best in the business by a wide margin. He speaks his mind, he knows his stuff, he's funny, he's a common man, he has great guests, and he's likeable even when you disagree with his position because he's just a cool dude talking about sports.

The only negative is that now he's on Sportscenter less, and he was the best anchor on the network as well.

this :thumbsup:

I think i know who you are talking about. Does anyone know the name? He was one of the few anchors who would openly talk about gambling and he was featured on madden one year (as a radio broadcaster doing post game in the franchise mode, not for actual gameplay).

I'm a fan of rome's radio show but not his espn show.

Edit - Tony Bruno. I liked him a lot.