Sign in to follow this  
ricanrockers

Is LT going to hurt Shonn Greene's fantasy value?

After 2 preseason games, one thing I've noticed is that Sanchez will be throwing to LT ALOT!!! I also see a 65-35 split on carries with Shonn Greene getting the majority. I really think this will hurt his value as a RB#1. With Shonn's limitation in the receiving area, that limits his value in a PPR format as well. Lastly, goal line carries...who gets them? I see a 50/50 split here. I'm a Jets fan and I love Green but LT's presence is definitely going to hurt his fantasy numbers.

After 2 preseason games, one thing I've noticed is that Sanchez will be throwing to LT ALOT!!! I also see a 65-35 split on carries with Shonn Greene getting the majority. I really think this will hurt his value as a RB#1. With Shonn's limitation in the receiving area, that limits his value in a PPR format as well. Lastly, goal line carries...who gets them? I see a 50/50 split here. I'm a Jets fan and I love Green but LT's presence is definitely going to hurt his fantasy numbers.

He certainly will.. the question is how much? But I am staying away from Green because of something Ryan said on Hard Knocks during full contact, 1's vs 1's short yardage/goalline practice. It was something along the lines of this:

"Ya I'm sure he's got nothing left. He's terrible catching the ball out of the backfield, and he's terrible at short yardage carries." (Total Sarcasm after Ryan was praising LT for going over the top to score on a Jets D that wasn't giving up much to the offense in practice). "God I f-ing love being right!"

He certainly will.. the question is how much? But I am staying away from Green because of something Ryan said on Hard Knocks during full contact, 1's vs 1's short yardage/goalline practice. It was something along the lines of this:

"Ya I'm sure he's got nothing left. He's terrible catching the ball out of the backfield, and he's terrible at short yardage carries." (Total Sarcasm after Ryan was praising LT for going over the top to score on a Jets D that wasn't giving up much to the offense in practice). "God I f-ing love being right!"

I know exactly which scene you're talking about.

I was so high on Greene before Hard Knocks and preseason that I was looking to take him as my RB-1 if i had a mid to late pick but things have changed. Make no mistake about it, LT will be a big part of the offense this year. That's what it looks like.

I think it is safe to say...........uh, yes.

Keep the blinders on if you want.

Afterall, LT is done.....right?

Jet's fan watching the preseason game(taped) now.

The answer is yes.

LT so far:

Scored on a 70 yd td(fly route beat David Harris) on the jet's first play from scrimmage, during the jet's first real scrimmage.

In the preseason he had maybe an 8 yd td called back on holding.

He busted out a 43 yd run tonight.

He had some good catches out of the backfield.

My recommendation is to let someone else take Green in the first/second while you take a WR or QB and then draft LT in the tenth.

As a side note I really think the smart draft strategy is to let someone else take Wells while you take Hightower late.

Let someone have Jacobs while you take Bradshaw.

Let someone have Forsett while you take Washington...ect

There aren't a ton of players I feel good doing this with about but the above and LT are some good examples.

Yea if nothing else LT has proven that hes not a broken down bum with nothing left. Geez ive said this before too, nfl teams dont just sign cripples who cant play and wont bring anything to the team to be the primary backups. Usually, they have tryouts, tests, physicals etc. Lt is busting out huge play after huge play while greene mediocres along. Dont be shocked if its a 50/50 split with the hot hand getting majority touches by midseason.

If anyone hasn't knoticed, LT started his decline in SD when Lorenzo Neal left town. LT loves his FB plowing the way for him. Knowing this and LT relied on blocking more , he wore down. Enter new team with a healthy LT behind FB Tony Richardson ... You may see an encore performance from the future HOFer. Green will be used more than Turner was behind LT. Make no mistake about it, Green is going to be 2nd to LT. They both can do well behind Jets O-line, but it with be LT going to the Pro Bowl this year

lt is definitely going to cut into greene's workload.

1. the jets seem determined to show that they were right about lt. it would just be another FU to the league taking a back who everyone claimed was washed up and lt having a great year on the team.

2. sanchez will welcome lt's hands coming out of the backfield. one of mark's huge problems is that he's always looking for the big play. this year, he's making a conscious effort to check down rather than force the ball deep to braylon. greene, by all accounts, has terrible hands. lt's one of the best. just another safety valve for sanchez.

3. greene is an injury risk. the afc championship went straight to ###### as soon as greene went down. the jets will try hard to keep him fresh for the playoffs. if they can carry thomas jones to a 1400 yard season, they know they'll get results with either greene/lt. no need to risk greene more than they need to. tj got the majority of the workload because physically, he's a beast. but even he wore down as the season went on and was a nonfactor in the postseason. for a team that is going to rely on the running game all year, i think they're going to try to keep both backs as fresh as possible throughout the stretch.

that said, greene's cut workload will probably be more than most rbs this year. it might actually be beneficial in that it will lessen missed time due to injury.

but who knows, my name is Gang23Greene after all. <_<

ive been bashed and bashed all summer for saying LT was going to have good value and cut into Greenes production.

LT 2010 is not LT 2007. No shiot. But this is the Jets and one of the best lines in the league and I think we can clearly see that LT wasn't fully to blame for the rushing woes in San Diego.

I've made sure to add him in just about every league I am in. Im expecting about 800-1000 total yards and 8 td's with maybe 30 receptions tossed in.

This is definitely a RBBC or basically a 50/50 split which as a Jets fan I don't mind, but fantasy wise it sucks. I wonder if there's a chance they both rush for 1,000 yards ala Williams/Stewart?...hhmmmmm. Maybe? :dunno:

Yes but I like Shonn Greene anywhere in the 2nd because the Jets are going to run as much as Carolina did last year and Shonn Greene can definately get 1200 and 10 splitting carries.

More importantly, if anyone is going to break down, it's LT, and Shonn Greene will have fresh legs going into the December playoffs while LT has a pretty good chance of getting hurt or slowing down. Greene has a good chance to explode while workhorse backs like Steven Jackson might start wearing down.

When Greene was going 5th I thought that was too high but as a strong RB2 I'll take him all day.

If anyone hasn't knoticed, LT started his decline in SD when Lorenzo Neal left town. LT loves his FB plowing the way for him. Knowing this and LT relied on blocking more , he wore down. Enter new team with a healthy LT behind FB Tony Richardson ... You may see an encore performance from the future HOFer. Green will be used more than Turner was behind LT. Make no mistake about it, Green is going to be 2nd to LT. They both can do well behind Jets O-line, but it with be LT going to the Pro Bowl this year

:wacko:

Are you willing to put money on that?

Here's a 43 yd run by LT from tonight's game.

I'm currently thinking LT might be the most productive fantasy player on the Jets roster. He was a top ten pick last year...and now he runs behind one of the leagues best(not worst) rushing lines.

Draft LT.

What's the latest you can sleep on LT without risking not being able to get him? For the first time in my life, I'm thinking of taking QB in round one and following it up with either WR, WR or WR, RB. So I'm definitely trying to find sleeper RB picks with a lot of upside.

The question may be is Shonn Greene going to hurt LT's value. I (like many others) have a soft spot in my heart for LT since he has won me so many titles. You just have to be careful that the soft spot doesn't travel to your head. As good as LT has looked it's still PRESEASON

The Jets are going to run it a ton. Greene is young, explosive and powerful. LT will be used to spell him and on third downs. LT being there is the only reason you can get Greene outside the first round. You saw how dynamic he was when they finally started turning him loose toward the end of the year. Plus, LT may not be done, but he's done as a primary RB. He can't hold up and he'll be dinged up on and off all season. You guys need to slow down on the hype. There's a reason the Chargers let the best player in franchise history go.

Shonn Greene will have more rushing yards and TDs than Steven Jackson.

The Jets are going to run it a ton. Greene is young, explosive and powerful. LT will be used to spell him and on third downs. LT being there is the only reason you can get Greene outside the first round. You saw how dynamic he was when they finally started turning him lose toward the end of the year. Plus, LT may not be done, but he's done as a primary RB. He can't hold up and he'll be dinged up on and off all season. You guys need to slow down on the hype. There's a reason the Chargers let the best player in franchise history go.

Shonn Greene will have more rushing yards and TDs than Steven Jackson.

I hope ur right!! :wub: :pointstosky:

Of course LT will take some touches away from Greene, but Greene is still in line for atleast 250 carries if he stays healthy. The Jets ran the ball over 500 times last year and they're a team that takes pride on being able to use the power running game to get the ball in to the endzone. When they get close, expect Greene to get the ball and score.

The Jets traded up for Greene last year with the intention of using him heavily. I think they envision him as a Michael turner type of back with the power, vision, and stamina to wear down defenses especially in the redzone. In college Greene proved that he could handle a heavy workload and be the centerpiece of a power running team.

LT will be a good change of pace guy for this offense, but I don't see him being enough of a factor to stop Greene from rushing for over 1200 yards and 10-15 TDs.

Greene is nice value in the second round with the potential to produce at the level of a top 5-10 RB.

LT? :thumbsup:

Time to pat myself on the back.

'My recommendation is to let someone else take Green in the first/second while you take a WR or QB and then draft LT in the tenth.

As a side note I really think the smart draft strategy is to let someone else take Wells while you take Hightower late.

Let someone have Jacobs while you take Bradshaw.

Let someone have Forsett while you take Washington...ect

There aren't a ton of players I feel good doing this with about but the above and LT are some good examples. /'

Shonn Green is hurting himself - LT does look good.

Yup i dont think LT had much to do with it <_< 2 fumbles and the one play he gets in 2nd half he drops the pass :thumbsdown:

Shonn Green is hurting himself - LT does look good.

Honestly, I just put a smiley face because the guy before me put one. I picked the slickest looking of the bunch and that's about it really.

:thumbsup:

LT had 62 yards and a 6.0 average against a top three run defense.

He'll have more touches than Greene next week. Greene is playing himself out of a job, and as long as LT keeps showing that he still has something left in the tank, there's no reason for Rex to go back to him.

As an LT owner in 2 money leagues, I've been betting for awhile that LT will be the Jets back to own down the road. Tonight only solidified my feeling on that. I may have reached a bit to get him but if I get a rejuvenated LT behind the Jets o-line with a young quarterback checking down to him all the time come fantasy playoff time, it will pay off. Worst case scenario I see is LT will be a viable bye week filler regardless of if he ever takes over the starting job. He'll score some points every week.

drafted LT in every league i'm in :overhead:

i didn't think he would take over this quickly though. even if he doesn't, the jets ran the ball over 600 times last year and mark sanchez ain't about to turn into peyton manning anytime soon. clearly though, LT is the better back right now ... and not just in pass situations.

If LT2 leads this team in rushing, then the Jets will not make the playoffs. It's that simple. They need Greene to cure his fumblitis and produce or the theme of LT2 getting 60 yards and the Jets losing will be a year long theme.

Heck yes. Even if Greene breaks some long runs the Jets will NOT trust him with the ball at the Goal line which then means LT takes over as the bonafide TD vulture. Greene is focked.

Good Luck.

Heck yes. Even if Greene breaks some long runs the Jets will NOT trust him with the ball at the Goal line which then means LT takes over as the bonafide TD vulture. Greene is focked.

Good Luck.

Maybe. Maybe not. It only takes one good game or one big TD run to turn the tide with a coach. As bad as Green looked (fumbles), to think one game is a precursor for a 16 game season is getting a little carried away. Green owners should be concerned, but..ummm... if you've ever played fantasy football before then you know next week is totally different, not to mention three weeks from now.

LT2 owners should want Greene out there as no chance the old man LT can sustain lots of carries through a long season.

LT2 owners should want Greene out there as no chance the old man LT can sustain lots of carries through a long season.

Exactly.

LT looks good now, but let's revisit this issue in a month. LT will break down if he's asked to shoulder the load for the Jets.

LT will break down if he's asked to shoulder the load for the Jets.

Greene has multiple injuries and 5 fumbles in less than 120 career regular season carries.

Greene has multiple injuries and 5 fumbles in less than 120 career regular season carries.

Ok....what does that have to do with LT being 31 with a ton of mileage on his tires?

The odds aren't in LT's favor to carry the load for a full NFL season.

Ok....what does that have to do with LT being 31 with a ton of mileage on his tires?

The odds aren't in LT's favor to carry the load for a full NFL season.

Neither of them will carry the load. It will be a 50/50 split all year.

Neither of them will carry the load. It will be a 50/50 split all year.

Maybe.....but it wasn't a 50/50 split last night.

The thing LT does have going in his favor is the Jets won't be running too many offensive plays this year.....because that offense isn't very good. So that'll limit the wear and tear on the old man.

:unsure: