Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Donnie Avery - Ouch

Looks like a torn ACL.

DO NOT DRAFT DONNIE AVERY

hth

edjr is watching the pre-season Pats/Rams game.

Avery's leg/knee was flopping in the air the way it only could if the ACL/knee was gone.

You won't get a link until there's an official diagnosis, it just happened.

Welker looked sick watching it from the sidelines and made a point to walk over to the med-cart to talk to Avery.

Too bad too, Bradford has looked fantastic at QB for the Rams; they'll miss Avery.

News Articles > Rams WR Donnie Avery Carted Off Field Published Thu Aug 26 10:31:42 p.m. ET 2010

(FFChamps) St. Louis Rams Wide Receiver, Donnie Avery, was carted off the field during tonight's preseason game in New England with a knee injury. Wes Welker, who suffered a torn ACL in January, shook Avery's hand before he left the field.

Just when I thought people may not being stacking the box on every single play........

poor SJAX OWNERS

Fixed.

I'm glad Bradford's looking good though. Hopefully the team's offensive players will have some FF value (other than SJax).

Torn ACL or not, I had no intentions to draft Avery

If you'd seen Bradford's accuracy you might have rethought it previous to the injury.

I'd elevate Laurent Robinson, but moreso because of Bradford showing some stuff than Avery getting hurt. Competence--which Bradford appears to have, even now--is enough to support a 65 rec/850 yd receiver or two.

Being a St. Louis gal, I can give you some insight into our offense. Coach Spags is in love

with Laurent Robinson. He was going to be our #1 receiver whether Avery was here or not. That being said, Avery was picked by a lot of people to finally hit the 70 reception marker and be a borderline WR3.

Don't sleep on Danny Amendola in PPR Leagues. He is the 'lite' version of Wes Welker and will be our slot guy.

The person who may get the best opportunity out of this (because Robinson was already

the #1 guy) may be Brandon Gibson. He has looked crazy good in practice and has both the speed and route running ability to step right in for Avery and not miss a beat. I don't rule out a trade at this point either. The Rams have needed a bigger WR for a few years now. With the new owner, it is possible he decides to make a splash and bring someone in. Who knows, but V. Jax would certainly look good in Blue & Gold.

Being a St. Louis gal, I can give you some insight into our offense. Coach Spags is in love

with Laurent Robinson. He was going to be our #1 receiver whether Avery was here or not. That being said, Avery was picked by a lot of people to finally hit the 70 reception marker and be a borderline WR3.

Don't sleep on Danny Amendola in PPR Leagues. He is the 'lite' version of Wes Welker and will be our slot guy.

The person who may get the best opportunity out of this (because Robinson was already

the #1 guy) may be Brandon Gibson. He has looked crazy good in practice and has both the speed and route running ability to step right in for Avery and not miss a beat. I don't rule out a trade at this point either. The Rams have needed a bigger WR for a few years now. With the new owner, it is possible he decides to make a splash and bring someone in. Who knows, but V. Jax would certainly look good in Blue & Gold.

[butthead] hey baby! [/butthead]

the tight end Michael Hoomanawanui looked awesome last night

Will Laurent Robinson or Donnie Avery have any positive effect in a 12 team ppr league? I know the whole 'sleeper' thing but realistically?

DANG GIRL!! fellow Ram Fan here...That is some spot on analysis!!! and BTW Can size :dunno:

Will Laurent Robinson or Donnie Avery have any positive effect in a 12 team ppr league? I know the whole 'sleeper' thing but realistically?

You may want to start at the top of this thread... or read the title to get a clue regarding the answer specific to Donnie Avery...

Move Avery up on your draft boards and Robinson down.

Avery looked awesome last night!

Move Avery up on your draft boards and Robinson down.

Avery looked awesome last night!

:pointstosky:

Avery will now be a low-end #1 WR in any format.

I was thinking this too, but will Gilyard get some work in the slot eventually, or is he just focusing on returns?

Should we start pegging guys like Avery and Devon Thomas as official busts? Or are there still believers that they can be at least a WR #2 in FFBall formats?

:unsure:

Maybe throw Malcolm Kelly onto that list as well.

:thumbsup:

Finally gonna drop him from my dynasty team.

Not good for them... especially when some kid named Anthony Armstrong shows up the both of them (Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly).

Gonna try and not take any Redskins players... well maybe Chris Cooley.

Just drafted last night, Avery fell to me in the 5th, if he is anywhere past the 4th jump on him