Sign in to follow this  
evilduzit

Past players you miss....

Just saw a Smith on the jaguars bench...reminds me I always had Jimmy Smith on my teams.

Chris Carter..oh the joy of "all he does is catch td's"

Marcus Allen.

Guys from past teams I do not miss - Onterrio Smith, William Green, and Santana Moss every other year.

Always liked Darrell Jackson, as well as Jimmy Smith. Neither one of them seemed to be picked where they should have and always fell to me at some point int he draft

Charlie Garner - mid round gold

Ricky Watters - yardage monster

Tim Brown - always picked in the mids, usually scored like an elite

Rod Smith - boring name, amazing WR stats

Tiki Barber. For some reason that nobody could explain, he ALWAYS slid way too low and he would put up big numbers. It happened every single year.

Had this guy on my team for years: Ed McCaffrey - he was wes welker before wes welker was wes welker!

Shaun Alexander - TD machine with NO vulture to worry about

Earl Campbell - My favorite player

Eddie George - 3 yards a carry but lots of TDs

Sterling Sharpe - Monster

Antonio Freeman - Monster for a few years

Fred Lane

Dan McGwire

Rae Carruth

Chad Pennington

Steve McNair

David PatteRn

On a serious note, Ben Coates. :pointstosky:

STEPHEN DAVIS :mad:

Seriously, I'm really getting tired of starting him every week and ending up with a goose egg. :thumbsdown:

Just saw a Smith on the jaguars bench...reminds me I always had Jimmy Smith on my teams.

I miss Curtis Martin, Barry Sanders and Tim Brown. Had all three the year Sanders had 2,000 yards rushing or close to it. Our QB that year was the greatest fantasy one year wonder, Kordell Stewart!!!!! Championship!!!!

Going back a little further:

James Brooks (on my first ever fantasy team!)

Dalton Hilliard

Lars Tate

Names from the simplier days of fantasy football. I remember checking the box scores in the Monday paper for the Bengals, Saints, and Bucs respectively!

Jimmy 8-ball :pointstosky:

James Stewart (JAX) - snagged him late and rode him to a title after Fragile Fred went down (again)

Billy Volek - had him along with Larry Johnson the year they combined for the greatest QB/RB second half ever and vaulted my team from doormat to championship.

Keenan McCardell - he was Jimmy Smith's equal for a few years and came much cheaper.

Seriously, I'm really getting tired of starting him every week and ending up with a goose egg. :thumbsdown:

Yeah, but as soon as you bench him, he'll make you pay for it by signing with a team and running for a hundred and a score.

Long live PRIEST HOLMES!

I'm ashamed to say I actually remember b*tching that Holmes was the only viable RB left late in the first round and having to take him. By the end of that amazing championship year and setting record fantasy points, I realized how bad I suck at predicting fantasy football and that Preist Holmes was in fact GOD ALMIGHTY! Hallelujah!

Steve Beuerlein and Patrick Jeffers circa 1999.

I was 14 years old in my 1st fantasy league...had no idea what I was doing, but I scooped both of them off waivers. For the 2nd half of the season, checking their stat lines every Sunday was like Christmas, and I eventually won the championship.

WR's: Joe Horn, Rod Smith, David Boston

RB's Travis Henry, Duce Staley, Domanick Davis

I somehow also always had Aaron Brooks (QB), can't say I miss him though.

I think your looking for the "Past players you quickly forgot about..." thread. :dunno:

Great thread, and great names thrown out so far. :cheers:

I spent most of my years in a keeper league, and I wanted to have Marshall Faulk's man child. :wub: That was not PPR, I can't even imagine how many points he'd have scored in that format. Honorable mention to Daunte Culpepper; that league only gives 3 pts for passing TDs, so those rushing TDs made him golden.

Other fond memories:

- Rod Smith never quite got the pub he deserved.

- Moe Williams. Other TD vultures have since come, but he was the master.

- Travis Henry. I remember catching some draft-day smack for picking him, then he had that 150 yd 3 TD opening day.

- Picking Lamont Jordan over Stephen Jackson in that same keeper league. I chose... poorly. :(

And of course, Tommy Maddox.

Former Redskins great...Terry Allen. As dominant a player as there was in FF in the mid-90's.

I think your looking for the "Past players you quickly forgot about..." thread. :dunno:

Also "Past players I vaguely remember..." would apply, haha. Although I don't think Rod Smith & Joe Horn would fit that list. I remember that I had a huge double digit lead going into that infamous Joe Horn "Cell Phone", after each TD I watched my lead dwindles until it got down to single digits. Thankfully I still won that week.

Torry Holt, Mark Chimura (before he started getting busted in hot tubs with 9th graders)