Sign in to follow this  
RSersen

Who's Rolling with Vick in Week 2?

Sign me up. Will take him over Schaub in two leagues.

Can't afford another dud by Schaub, and until I see how Houston plans to balance their offense, I'll watch from afar.

Vick had 277 total yards last week, and the TD. 22 points in a standard league.

Against a pretty tough Packers defense, no less. This week? Detroit. Logic would dictate that the Eagles get up big and run the ball. But hey, this is Andy Reid - they could be playing a high school team, get spotted a 20 point lead to start the game, and they'd still call a 60/40 passing offense.

I'm buying. Crazy like a fox, or just crazy? And who's with me?

I'm leaning very strongly in that direction.

I let Kolb go, and Ryan just isn't exciting enough for me.

Vick @ DET: 170 yds passing, 2TD 1INT, 90 yds rushing.And a decent chance for a rushing TD.

That would do the trick.

This is the kind of matchup that makes fantasy fun.

I am a Detroit homeboy all my life... Will be fun to watch the Lions this week with Vick as my fantasy QB.

It don't get no betta than that for Vick! Clear off my football chair and get me a beer!!!

I was planning on using Kolb until Roethlisberger came back, so I picked up Vick this week and will likely just play the waiver wire game until Big Ben returns.

I think Vick is an excellent start against DET. With Shaun Hill, a QB so pedestrian he belongs on the Buffalo roster, starting for Detroit, Vick will wear out a Lions D that should be on the field a lot.

Longer term, I don't like Vick. He has always been erratic in the short-to-intermediate passing game. Despite Kolb's lame effort in Week 1, I believe Reid will go with Kevin as soon as the lad is healthy. Besides, Vick is not my favorite guy. Even if he becomes an NFL starting QB again, the story of his comeback from dog-killer to lead dog will be not be the inspirational stuff of a made-for-TV movie.

I think Vick is an excellent start against DET. With Shaun Hill, a QB so pedestrian he belongs on the Buffalo roster, starting for Detroit, Vick will wear out a Lions D that should be on the field a lot.

Longer term, I don't like Vick. He has always been erratic in the short-to-intermediate passing game. Despite Kolb's lame effort in Week 1, I believe Reid will go with Kevin as soon as the lad is healthy. Besides, Vick is not my favorite guy. Even if he becomes an NFL starting QB again, the story of his comeback from dog-killer to lead dog will be not be the inspirational stuff of a made-for-TV movie.

I have Favre as my starter and am a little nervous with him going forward. Do you think Vick could be a good alternative?

The Lions' pass defense over the past 2 seasons has been the worst ever, and they didn't look any better against the Bears in week 1.

I would absolutely be starting Vick if I coulda gotten my hands on him. I have Kolb and I was all psyched for him to get the Detroit matchup in week 2, but instead I guess I gotta go with Cutler @Dal.

Looks Like Vick at Lions

Will be examined again Friday, status still uncertain

Philadelphia Eagles QB Kevin Kolb can't practice because of a concussion and he can't even attend team meetings, which increases the odds Michael Vick will start vs. Detroit. Coach Andy Reid said Kolb still hasn't been ruled out for Detroit, but Vick got all the reps with the starters today and will again Thursday. Multiple reports say Kolb did not pass concussion tests but was making progress. (CBSSports.com)

do you get two points for each one of his bounce passes to the wr? I did only see a couple of those this weekend though. You gottal love the matchup vs the Lions. Hell yea I would start him if I had him on any roster.

Sounds like Philly is a bit nervous that the Vick bandwagon is going to get a bit too much momentum for them to take a good look at Kolb. If Vick lights up Detroit and Kolb starts week 3, you'd have to figure that he wouldn't have a super long leash.

Dropped Cassel to p/u Vick, so he's my only option right now, since I drafted Kolb as my QB1. Trying to make a trade for Eli for a longer term solution.

I tried to. I don't know/care what he's going to throw for but he'll rush for 100 and a TD against the Lions. Their defense is improving, decent, but slow linebackers and not very instinctive secondary, they won't know when to break coverage and pursue the QB.

It's amazing how some fantasy sites are just salivating over his start this week. They're already assuming :

1) Vick will have a huge day and convince Reid to make him the # 1 QB

2) The Eagles win their first game

As if Detroit has no say in this dream outcome. This is locker room material.

Sign me up. Will take him over Schaub in two leagues.

Can't afford another dud by Schaub, and until I see how Houston plans to balance their offense, I'll watch from afar.

Vick had 277 total yards last week, and the TD. 22 points in a standard league.

Against a pretty tough Packers defense, no less. This week? Detroit. Logic would dictate that the Eagles get up big and run the ball. But hey, this is Andy Reid - they could be playing a high school team, get spotted a 20 point lead to start the game, and they'd still call a 60/40 passing offense.

I'm buying. Crazy like a fox, or just crazy? And who's with me?

Hell yeah!

i had Kolb, Stafford and Ryan. I picked up Naanee (dropped Stafford) instead of Vick and will roll with Ryan this week.

Vick did look very good but I would temper expectations. He wasnt a great fantasy QB when he was starting every game in Atlanta, but he was a serviceable backup no doubt.

That being said, if i had the opportunity to get both Naanee and Vick I would have done it. Maybe......just MAYBE Vick will be a great QB and use the weapons he has. He didnt have these weapons in Atlanta. I expect Kolb to get his job back though and if Vick does well they may use both guys making them both fantasy useless.

Drafted Kolb and Flacco, dropped Kolb this week for Vick. I'll be starting Vick this week for sure. I'm praying he has another great week and makes it tough on the Iggles to give Kolb the job back. If the job goes back to Kolb though, I'll just roll with Flacco til Big Ben gets back and then hopefully grab him from FA.

I'm rolling with Vick over Brady in a league that heavily rewards QB rushing yards and QB rushing touchdowns. Probably wouldn't do in anything that resembles standard scoring.

I'm rolling with Vick over Brady in a league that heavily rewards QB rushing yards and QB rushing touchdowns. Probably wouldn't do in anything that resembles standard scoring.

I am playing matchup, so I picked up vick and will start him.

Eagles fan here and Vick is a terrific play this week. He'll probably rush for 40-50 and in most scoring formats that's the equivalent of 125 passing yards. If you figure he throws for even 150 and figures into 1-2 touchdowns you're looking at around 15-20 points minimum. There's always the chance he kills you with INTs or a few fumbles but I'd say he's a pretty high floor start for teams that don't have a better option.

That said, there is NO WAY ON EARTH Vick continues to start when Kolb gets healthy, which should be the following week or the week after that at latest. Vick could go throw for 400 yards and 4 scores this week and the next and Andy Reid would still put Kolb back in when he's ready because Kolb's younger, the team has been grooming him for years, Vick's contract is up at the year, the Eagles gave Kolb a pricey extension, and the head coach is stubborn as a mule.

Start Vick this week, don't count on starting him for many more games unless you're banking on Kolb having 4-5 disasterous games in a row when he gets back, because that's what it will take for Kolb to lose the starting job.

Me, my other QBs (14 team league) are Kolb and Stafford. :pointstosky:

I'm right there with ya on this one. Lol, kind of have to start him.

I have Favre as my starter and am a little nervous with him going forward. Do you think Vick could be a good alternative?

That's a tough call. Normally, I'd go with Favre, but the MN passing offense had a sandlot quality against NO. Vick is somebody to be nervous about too, though. He rarely throws more than 1-2 TDs, so he will need to run to rack up fantasy points. If forced to choose, I'd probably go with Favre and hope a WR steps up.

Reid will not install Vick as the starter. PHI would have to retool its entire offense to suit Vick's unique skills--and deficiencies. People are too excited about Vick after one good partial game, and too down on Kolb after his lame cameo in Week 1. The best Vick can hope for is that another team desperate for a starter will inquire about him.

That said, there is NO WAY ON EARTH Vick continues to start when Kolb gets healthy, which should be the following week or the week after that at latest. Vick could go throw for 400 yards and 4 scores this week and the next and Andy Reid would still put Kolb back in when he's ready because Kolb's younger, the team has been grooming him for years, Vick's contract is up at the year, the Eagles gave Kolb a pricey extension, and the head coach is stubborn as a mule.

I agree, and I probably should have touched on that in the OP.

This is a one week deal, I'm not dropping my backup to replace him with Vick, and wouldn't recommend that at all. I just dropped my lowest RB (Huggins) - unless my luck is horrible and Caddy blows a knee this weekend, I feel safe that I can drop Vick and get him back next weekend.

I was planning on using Kolb until Roethlisberger came back, so I picked up Vick this week and will likely just play the waiver wire game until Big Ben returns.

Moi aussi. The only other choices are Orton and Ryan who both have juicy matchups this week.

Eagles fan here and Vick is a terrific play this week. He'll probably rush for 40-50 and in most scoring formats that's the equivalent of 125 passing yards. If you figure he throws for even 150 and figures into 1-2 touchdowns you're looking at around 15-20 points minimum. There's always the chance he kills you with INTs or a few fumbles but I'd say he's a pretty high floor start for teams that don't have a better option.

Start Vick this week, don't count on starting him for many more games unless you're banking on Kolb having 4-5 disasterous games in a row when he gets back, because that's what it will take for Kolb to lose the starting job.

I know a lot of fantasy football guys want Vick in there, but this is right on. It wouldn't surprise me if it took more than 5 games. If it got that ugly, the playoffs could be out of reach and Andy will let Kolb continue to learn. Merrill Reese had a great comment on the wildcat prior to Sunday's game and I think it applies here "Andy Reid would rather be smart than right". Reid is commited to Kolb and I don't think he changes his mind on it.

Me too I am a Kolb and Favre owner who picked Vick off the wavier wire this week.

We had our draft before the first pre-season game and I am regretting my pick of Kolb.

I hope Kolb stays out for a long long time so I can roll with Vick, until Favre gets Vincent Jackson to throw to or Rice comes back.

Because Kolb looks really bad.

This week's Starting Line up for my ten team PPR league:

Vick - QB

Rice - RB

Gore - RB

Matthews - Flex

Austin - WR

Gonzalez -TE

Tynes - K

Ravens - D

:banana:

Me too I am a Kolb and Favre owner who picked Vick off the wavier wire this week.

We had our draft before the first pre-season game and I am regretting my pick of Kolb.

I hope Kolb stays out for a long long time so I can roll with Vick, until Favre gets Vincent Jackson to throw to or Rice comes back.

Because Kolb looks really bad.

This week's Starting Line up for my ten team PPR league:

Vick - QB

Rice - RB

Gore - RB

Matthews - Flex

Austin - WR

Gonzalez -TE

Tynes - K

Ravens - D

:banana:

2 RB, 1 WR, 1 Flex?

2 RB, 1 WR, 1 Flex?

Yes in our league instead of having to start two RB and WRs you can start one RB or WR and Flex.

So you can start:

2 RBs and 2 WRs or 1 RB and 2 WRs and Flex a WR or 2 RBs and 1 WR and Flex a RB.

Strange, I know. but it is rules we play by.

ten team league of friends.

I drafted Kolb and Stafford. What a kick to the nuts.

Trolled the WW and did get Vick and Derek Anderson (dropped Stafford, kept Kolb).

I am excited to have the run and gunner starting this week.

I'm at least the third guy rolling with Vick over Schaub in Week 2.

BUT - I am staying with SD QB P. Rivers over Vick, for my other team.