Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Jahvid Best is fools gold

I just have a gut feeling his 2 weeks of fame is going to come crashing down real soon. He is either going to get hurt or defenses are going to start keying on him. Trade him now for high value or watch your team sink like the Titanic.

I just have a gut feeling his 2 weeks of fame is going to come crashing down real soon. He is either going to get hurt or defenses are going to start keying on him. Trade him now for high value or watch your team sink like the Titanic.

That will be the day when I start basing my fantasy decisions off your gut feeling. :rolleyes:

It's riveting analysis like this that keeps me hooked to this board. If I would have read this post a month ago I would never have drafted him. Dang it!

Wow, really going out on a limb the week he plays the Vikings :rolleyes:

I would be happy with 70 yds and 4 or 5 receptions for 30 / 40 yds this week. So far nothing but 4th Round GOLD for me baby :headbanger:

While the OP may have been near worthless, it leads to an interesting point. If defenses start keying on Best, you should have Calvin as well. One of 'em will go off - defenses will have to pick their poison.

He'll have his ups and downs but there's a lot to like there. primary ball carrier, check. goal line work, check. involved in the pass game, check. Big play potential, check.

Obviously you didn't follow him in college. The reason why he entered in the draft is he didn't want to risk getting hurt again. In his time at California, he suffered some freak injuries: a hip injury that ended his freshman season early, a dislocated elbow while landing wrongly causing him to miss one game his sophomore year, and a concussion in his junior year that benched him again for the rest of the year. All of these injuries happened in the frickin Pac-10? Wait till he gets body slammed like Roland McClain did Danny Amendola or Harrison flipped Vince Young. He will be on IR before week 8.

Obviously you didn't follow him in college. The reason why he entered in the draft is he didn't want to risk getting hurt again. In his time at California, he suffered some freak injuries: a hip injury that ended his freshman season early, a dislocated elbow while landing wrongly causing him to miss one game his sophomore year, and a concussion in his junior year that benched him again for the rest of the year. All of these injuries happened in the frickin Pac-10? Wait till he gets body slammed like Roland McClain did Danny Amendola or Harrison flipped Vince Young. He will be on IR before week 8.

Heard the same thing about Adrian Peterson. :cheers:

I wish I had him to trade.

Couldn't get anyone in your league to trade him to you, huh?

dooshe

Trade him now for high value or watch your team sink like the Titanic.

If you drafted your initial team in any league around Jahvid Best, you should have just set your money on fire beforehand. Or in your case just baked your sister the cookies early.

If you drafted your initial team in any league around Jahvid Best, you should have just set your money on fire beforehand. Or in your case just baked your sister the cookies early.

Exactly, he is my third back behind Sjax and Mendy. I also have Dmac backing him up. So I ask you why the hell would I trade him. I think I feel pretty good about taking my chances with this guy. Even as a RB2 for people he isn't gong to sink somebodys team if he stumbles at some point. I don't think people expect him to match his current pace. I was going to be happy with 1000 yds and 5 Tds, the rest is gravy baby.

if you made this post in the off-season I would agree with you 100%, (next offseason). However hes not fool's gold this year, cause most of us who drafted him took him either in the 3rd or 4th as a RB2/Flex guy. He will continue to at least post rb2+ points as long as hes healthy. You cant predict injuries, and there is no such thing as injury prone. Next year when he is ranked in the top 5 then I will proclaim him fool's gold. Unless of course his numbers continue like his current pace.

I see him at least Ray Rice this year and next

Who else will get hurt this year for an extended period of time? I'll start looking to trade them right away.

When the biggest problem a player has is the possibility of injury, you know he's valuable. Sounds like he got taken the pick before you were going to take him in your draft.

Now, as for actual discussion on him in the future, I think he will be fine. Obviously he won't keep up the pace he's on now, but I would be hard-pressed to pick 12 backs I think will finish ahead of him. Yes, defenses will start to pay more attention to him, but it's not like they ignored him before. He wasn't some unknown player that came out of nowhere; he was a first round draft pick. I guarantee the Eagles practiced defending screens/stretches/sweeps with Best in mind all week leading up to the game.

My prediction for his end of season stats: 950 rushing yards, 450 receiving yards, 9 TDs.

My prediction for his end of season stats: 950 rushing yards, 450 receiving yards, 9 TDs.

Soooo....... 4 more tds with 14 games remaining? I highly doubt that. I'm thinking 15 :ninja:

I will agree with the yardage totals. But I don't get the TDs. He is the goal line back and a big play threat. Yet, you only have him getting 4 more TDs the rest of the season. He should easily have 9 TDs by mid way of the season. It would make sense if you were saying he will get hurt and not play the full season but then he wouldn't have those yardage totals.

I know he won't continue on the same pace but you are saying a guy will go from averaging 2.5 TDs a game down to 1 every 4 games. You need to give some reasoning for that dropoff especially when you say he will still get the yards.

Anyone can get hurt, even someone like Tom Brady who has a three yard no fly zone around him. I don't have Best because I try to stay away from players on bad teams, but now I wish I did have him. He looks like the real deal, sort of like Chirs Johnson or ADP did their first year.

That's funny. Just because I refused the trade you offered of Curtis Martin, doesn't mean you should arrive here all butthurt. :D

I will agree with the yardage totals. But I don't get the TDs. He is the goal line back and a big play threat. Yet, you only have him getting 4 more TDs the rest of the season. He should easily have 9 TDs by mid way of the season. It would make sense if you were saying he will get hurt and not play the full season but then he wouldn't have those yardage totals.

I know he won't continue on the same pace but you are saying a guy will go from averaging 2.5 TDs a game down to 1 every 4 games. You need to give some reasoning for that dropoff especially when you say he will still get the yards.

I sort of forgot how high his TDs are right now :ninja: pretty big error on my part. It was late when I made that post. He should get 13-16 TDs this year.

Couldn't get anyone in your league to trade him to you, huh?

dooshe

That's funny. Just because I refused the trade you offered of Curtis Martin, doesn't mean you should arrive here all butthurt. :D

I traded him already for CJ Spiller :headbanger:

Lions RB Jahvid Best left Week 3 at Minnesota in the second quarter with a toe injury. His last carry came with just over 11 minutes to go in the second quarter. He mysteriously disappeared from the game and it wasn't until the third quarter that the team announced anything about his injury. Best had seven carries for 26 yards and two catches for 13 yards before exiting the game.

You heard it here first! He will have a career worst than Fragile Fred. His new name is Broken Best. I guess I can put away my voodoo doll now.

:overhead: :P :lol: :wave: :cheers:

Good Call Fanfootballtn, most people on this board have no ideas of there own!! I traded him knowing his value would never be higher. Most people fall in love with a guy cause they grabbed him in the 3rd or 4th and he has has 2 good weeks.. P.S. Don't ever listen to Turducken.

Good Call Fanfootballtn, most people on this board have no ideas of there own!! I traded him knowing his value would never be higher. Most people fall in love with a guy cause they grabbed him in the 3rd or 4th and he has has 2 good weeks.. P.S. Don't ever listen to Turducken.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Two of the dumbest guys on the board celebrating an injury??? enjoy the rest of the games I'll go back to Teabagging your mother :cheers:

Im talking about trading guys at their highest value and your talking about tea bagging moms? Im sure your advise is priceless..

Im obviously no Fantasy Football "expert" but i could not understand why some sites had him ranked so high this week?? Did the Vikings run defense all of a sudden disappear?

Im obviously no Fantasy Football "expert" but i could not understand why some sites had him ranked so high this week?? Did the Vikings run defense all of a sudden disappear?

because of his receiving skills, figured hed be good for 5-50 and maybe get a td thru the air

Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports Jahvid Best sprained ligaments in his right big toe in the first half of Sunday’s 24-10 loss to the Minnesota Vikings. He carried one time in the second half and finished with just 26 yards rushing.

“He sort of had one a couple weeks before; it really hadn't been much of an issue,” Schwartz said. “He went and had a great game the next week, and we’ll see going forward how that affects him. But we had a hard time running the ball without him, because, again, the dimension he gives is a little bit different.”

Best said Sunday he could not put any pressure on his toe. Schwartz did not put a timetable on Best’s return, but nfl.com categorized the injury as “day-to-day.” Best could play this weekend against the Green Bay Packers.

Best missed some practice time in Week 1 with a sore toe, but he said this was a new injury.

"Totally new," he said. "I got tackled on a pass I caught over the middle (it was actually a run). I got up, and my toes wasn't feeling right. I played one play after that and it wasn't the same, so I didn't think I could go."

Minneapolis -- Perhaps it's a good sign the Vikings game-planned for Lions rookie Jahvid Best as if he was Saints multi-threat Reggie Bush.

"We had a great plan," Vikings coach Brad Childress said. "We kind of wanted to surround him. He's a 'Where's Waldo' kind of guy. They play him a lot like Brian Westbrook and split him at the widest part of the field. We had an idea what they wanted to do with him, the same mentally as when you play against Reggie Bush."

:wave: