Sign in to follow this  
Borat33

Moreno Out for Week 3

Knowshon Moreno out vs. Indy Week 3

Posted Fri Sep 24th by Kyle

Knowshon Moreno has sustained an injury in practice this week that will keep him out against the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday, Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels just announced.

McDaniels said he expects recently acquired running backs Laurence Maroney and Andre Brown to aid Correll Buckhalter and contribute in the running game.

Nice I was going against him.

From Rotoworld:

"In a stunning development, Knowshon Moreno has been ruled out for Week 3 due to an undisclosed injury.

Moreno was not on the Week 3 injury report until now, so the assumption is he got injured in practice. "He sustained a little something he will not be able to play through this week," said Josh McDaniels. The second-year coach named Laurence Maroney, who is now healthy, and Andre Brown as candidates to pick up the slack. He interestingly did not single out Correll Buckhalter, who is averaging just 2.0 yards per carry. Maroney figures to draw the start against a weak Indianapolis run defense."

What my source Kyle isn't good enough for you? :banana:

News: Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno has been ruled out for Week 3 against the Colts with an undisclosed injury.

Analysis: The Broncos will have to disclose the nature of this injury on their report later Friday, so we'll find out soon enough what sort of ding Moreno sustained in practice. It might be a re-occurrence of his hamstring injury that plagued him all camp, or it could be a new issue. Whatever his problem is, Moreno should obviously be benched in all Fantasy formats at this time for Week 3. He would have been a solid starting Fantasy option in all leagues for this matchup.

Who picks up the better FF numbers - Buckhalter or Maroney?

Buckhalter seems like the right target, but Maroney may have Coach's mindshare...

I picked up buckhalter....figure he knows the plays better and has been there longer.

Maroney is the add here is he's somehow available in your league.

This focks me. I was on the verge of trading McCoy/Bowe for Andre Johnson in a league that I'm stacked at RB (still would have Forte, DMac, Matthews/Tolbert) and the guy I was going to trade with has only Bradshaw, Forsett, R. Bush and focking Maroney. He was in need for another RB, but once he sees this news, he will probably just stick with Bradshaw and Maroney. My WRs would've been R. Moss, Megatron and A. Johnson. Worst timing ever.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

I would drop Sproles in a heartbeat. Buckhalter is old, injury prone and not very good anymore. Maroney is in his prime and knows McDaniels' system.

As for Orton, I don't think this alters his value. Maroney is probably just as capable as Moreno running the ball. Moreno is a 3-down back in that offense since he can catch the ball. Maroney's never been a big pass catcher so Buckhalter will probably see reps in passing downs.

Yikes... looks messy-- at least for this week.

Sux for Moreno owners. Moreno by the way is a freaking nightmare! Glad I do NOT have him in any leagues!

CBS sportline also says that C-Buck gets the start-- NOT Maroney.

News: With Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno ruled out for Week 3 with an undisclosed injury, RB Correll Buckhalter will now get the start against the Colts, who have looked rough against the run so far in 2010. RB Laurence Maroney could well see a good amount of carries in relief, however.

Analysis: Indianapolis ranks dead last against the run this season, so Buckhalter might well be worth a look in Week 3 as a flex option in deeper leagues if you can grab him or already have him on your bench. Of course, the presence of Maroney makes the exact amount of carries Buckhalter will get a little questionable, so start him at your own risk.

I have seen Maroney run. I don't know that I would drop Sproles for him. :lol:

Is there a reason Patriots fans seem to universally hate Maroney? In the three "full" seasons he's played there he carried the ball 554 times for 2,337 yards (4.2 per carry) and scored 21 TDs. That's in 42 games. Seems pretty productive to me.

CBS sportline also says that C-Buck gets the start-- NOT Maroney.

News: With Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno ruled out for Week 3 with an undisclosed injury, RB Correll Buckhalter will now get the start against the Colts, who have looked rough against the run so far in 2010. RB Laurence Maroney could well see a good amount of carries in relief, however.

Analysis: Indianapolis ranks dead last against the run this season, so Buckhalter might well be worth a look in Week 3 as a flex option in deeper leagues if you can grab him or already have him on your bench. Of course, the presence of Maroney makes the exact amount of carries Buckhalter will get a little questionable, so start him at your own risk.

Jay Glazer is saying Maroney. I'd take Glazer over the "experts" at CBS any day.

per rotoworld

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports that Knowshon Moreno pulled his hamstring in Friday's practice.

Moreno, who's been ruled out for Week 3, reportedly did not pull the same hamstring that he partially tore in training camp. There's no way to tell know long he'll be out, but Laurence Maroney might be the favorite for carries in Denver's backfield going forward. Correll Buckhalter is the veteran of the group, but is playing poorly. Andre Brown doesn't figure to be a big factor. Sep. 24 - 2:08 pm et

Is there a reason Patriots fans seem to universally hate Maroney? In the three "full" seasons he's played there he carried the ball 554 times for 2,337 yards (4.2 per carry) and scored 21 TDs. That's in 42 games. Seems pretty productive to me.

Maroney was marginally effective when he was not "the guy" and he played on a powerful offense. His problem is that he dances at the line rather than hitting the hole decisively. He could take a 4 yard gain and make it a loss because of that. In his last two seasons, he did not average 4 ypc. He also had a hard time staying on the field. For a first round pick, he was a bust.

Wow the Moreno owner is going to hate my guts thinking I tried to screw him. I just traded away Moreno for Matthews this morning. The guy was desperate to have somebody he could start, now my trade is looking even better. Moreno had not really looked that impressive so far anyways, this really hurts him if it ends up being something that will linger. Maroney is probably about the same level of runner as Moreno, boring and lack-luster.

I just hope Matthews has a starting job when he gets back, or I will look like the dumb-ass.

The Moreno owner in my league, who I am playing, has 1 rb left in Chris Johnson. He drafted Grant, Moreno and Reggie Bush as his other rb', and he has not made any moves to sure up his team. Dude is snakebit.

I just added Buckhalter. I have seen some experts recommend Maroney, but I've made my own decisions since an "expert" advised me that Mewelde Moore, not Mendenhall, would replace Willie Parker. Really, DEN may go with whoever the hot hand is.

I went with Buckhalter over Lynch, Fred Jackson, Maroney and Keiland Williams.

I was trying to decide between Lynch, Maroney, and Williams, so I added all 3, dropped Huggins and Amendola and am rolling with only 2 WR's for now. I let the rb situation sort it self out and trade one for a WR later if needed

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=183257

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Knowshon Moreno's strained hamstring will cost him "probably two weeks." Keep in mind that Mort said this in reply to a Twitter question, so it's not an official "report." However, Mortensen has been on the story from the get-go, and was the first to report that the injury happened in Friday's practice. Laurence Maroney is tentatively expected to lead the Broncos in carries while Moreno is out, but we'll know more about the backfield distribution after Week 3. Correll Buckhalter and Andre Brown are also in the mix. Sep. 24 - 9:55 pm et

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

According to SI.com, the Denver Broncos will start Correll Buckhalter at tailback against the Colts on Sunday. Buckhalter will get the start for the injured Knowshon Moreno, who will miss the next few weeks with a pulled hamstring. There has been some speculation that newly acquired Laurence Maroney might get the start.

We anticipate that the Broncos will try to run the ball often against the Colts in hopes of controlling the clock and keeping Manning off the field, making Buckhalter a decent flex play in 12 and 14 team leagues. Look for 15-20 touches from Buckhalter, with the remaining carries shared between Maroney and Brown.

Uh, nah bro. You see, those threads are about Moreno being injured, Then much speculation ensued about who would be starting this week. This thread is about sources stating the starter will be Buckhalter, which is valuable information seeing as it was not clear immediately following the injury, Troll on sir, troll on.

:cheers:

Thanks bud.