Sign in to follow this  
belichick's hoody

Week 5 DST Matchups

I am sitting on ATL's D @ Cle, which is OK enough, but after last night's showing, I'm tempted to add Carolina DST vs. the Bears.

Also, don't laugh because I'm in a 2 pt per sack league, but I'm considering the Lions' D at home vs. the Rams.

More conventional options include Indy vs. KC and NYG @ Hou, although the G-Men should be a hot waiver pickup.

Picked up San Diego last week for the Arizona match up (that worked out nicely), they have @ Oakland and @ St. Louis coming up. Put Seattle on your week 6 radar: @ Chicago, Arizona, then @ Oakland after their bye.

Tough call. Cincinnati had a lackluster game against Cleveland and I think the Bucs' plan will be similar--ball control, ball control, ball control, and not a lot of opportunities to make mistakes. Dallas is available on my wire, but the Titans run the ball so much and Vince Young isn't making a lot of mistakes outside of week 3. That Carolina matchup vs. the Bears might actually be all right, but the Carolina offense is so bad that the defense may get worn out late and give up some easy points. Ho hum. I'd probably lean Carolina at this point in leagues where teams like SD aren't available.

I'll "take the other side" and take the Chicago defense against Carolina!!

What's not to like about this matchup? Better than Carolina against the Bears IMO.

What's not to like about this matchup? Better than Carolina against the Bears IMO.

Bears D more then likely isnt a streaming option

San Diego (@oak)

New Orleans (@ariz)

Dallas (tenn)

St. Louis (@det)

Cincy (tb)

also would consider SF (phil) with vick out.

would definitely not consider the colts. too many injuries on that def and kc hasn't been a good team to start a def against anyway.

Would I be crazy to pick up the Chiefs and ride them here on out? I mean, I know they have Indy and Houston up next, but after that there isn't a whole lot of scary out there (unless you think Denver and San Diego will pick up steam and roll through the second half of the season). I'm wondering how much the ST part of the DST can carry that team, and if their quickness can continue to get turnovers.

(Ok, yeah, I know it's crazy, but the homer in me really wants to believe.)

I don't know how much I trust the Chargers. Looking at their FF point totals the past four weeks, they stunk pretty hard on their away games, and though Oakland and St. Louis might look tasty, they're both away. Not saying that the Chargers can't put up decent points, just wondering how fluky the home/away stats might be.

Picked up San Diego last week for the Arizona match up (that worked out nicely), they have @ Oakland and @ St. Louis coming up. Put Seattle on your week 6 radar: @ Chicago, Arizona, then @ Oakland after their bye.

Seattle DEF is HORRID except AT Seattle. A lot of guys were calling for them this past week vs St. Louis but it was AT St. Louis. They are not an option in two of those 3.

I'm rolling with Chicago. Their next four matchups are pretty good.

@ Carolina

Hosting Seattle (hint Seattle sucks away from home)

Hosting Washington

bye

@ Buffalo

What would you do: My options are:

Eagles DST @ SF

Falcons DST @ Cle

Bengals DST vs. TB

Indy shore as fock didn't work out last week for me

Indy cost me my game this week. They lost another safety for the year. Looking to maybe pick-up St. Louis Dst.

Eagles DST @ SF

Falcons DST @ Cle

Bengals DST vs. TB

Bengals

Atlanta and KC have some of the sweetest schedules going forward. I gave the Cincy DST a go last week and I won't trust them again. The Giants are available in my league and looked off the charts against the Bears but they have a nightmare schedule ahead. I personally would not go with Carolina, they generate NO pressure on the opposing QB. KC to me is a bargain especially your league counts kickoff/punt return TDs and especially yardage because McCluster and Arenas are killing it on special teams.

Would I be crazy to pick up the Chiefs and ride them here on out? I mean, I know they have Indy and Houston up next, but after that there isn't a whole lot of scary out there (unless you think Denver and San Diego will pick up steam and roll through the second half of the season). I'm wondering how much the ST part of the DST can carry that team, and if their quickness can continue to get turnovers.

(Ok, yeah, I know it's crazy, but the homer in me really wants to believe.)

I drafted the KC defense from the get-go and have started them all 3 weeks,not because I'm a KC homer but because when I heard Romeo was the new D coordinator I was elated.So far it's worked out even better than I imagined,the next 2 weeks though will be the real test but with Romeo's history vs. Manning(13 INT's in 7 games) I'm riding them again week 5.

I drafted the KC defense from the get-go and have started them all 3 weeks,not because I'm a KC homer but because when I heard Romeo was the new D coordinator I was elated.So far it's worked out even better than I imagined,the next 2 weeks though will be the real test but with Romeo's history vs. Manning(13 INT's in 7 games) I'm riding them again week 5.

Gah! Maybe I should do it. It seems ballsy to me, with other "better" waiver wire DSTs out there, and it's Manning (and Schaub/Foster next). And not just Manning, but Manning in Indy! I still need to think some more. They are FA in both my main leagues, so I have some time to figure it out.

i have Tenn but i may roll with Atlanta this week. Atlanta definitely steps it up at home but I am willing to take them on the road at Cleveland. Hillis may do some damage but overall Cle should be contained

even though on road, if you have NO have to roll with them vs rookie QB making first start, especially after pitiful Arizona performance last week. Chicago avail for streaming in my league, if i had a roster spot would take them as well. no Steve Smith on putrid Carolina offense.

Gah! Maybe I should do it. It seems ballsy to me, with other "better" waiver wire DSTs out there, and it's Manning (and Schaub/Foster next). And not just Manning, but Manning in Indy! I still need to think some more. They are FA in both my main leagues, so I have some time to figure it out.

You have that luxury playing in a league like that,my league(12 man) requires we carry 2 defenses at all times so there's only 8 left and if we add/drop it's $5 per transaction.

Is the S.O.S reliable at all?? If so it means I should be picking up Oakland (hosting SD) this week.... Considering the D has scored a grand total of 13 points this year it seems like a terrible option.

Currently rollling with Minnesota, opportunity to pick up Cincy, Tennessee, NYG, etc etc. And Oakland <_< <_<

Can anyone talk more about how Atl D has looked? I still think that Clev is one of the few teams where you want to start the opposing D!?!? I've been getting good production from Tenn D, albeit somewhat surprising, but with Dallas coming out of a bye, I'm not too sure I want to roll with em this week...

Also, don't laugh because I'm in a 2 pt per sack league, but I'm considering the Lions' D at home vs. the Rams

LOL - I don't even consider the Lions the top D to play in this game. The Rams have had a top 10 D all year and could be a sneaky play. The Lions give up too many yards/points and are prone to making boneheaded mistakes. I think the talent on the Lions D is vastly improved but you never know when they are going to start to gel and the Rams look surprisingly good on offense. That's my $.02.

STL homer here, and I can say all the talk this early season has been on how well the DST has gelled in Year Two of Coach Spag's defensive scheme. And boy have they looked hungry. Can they give up the big play to Megatron? Sure, but what DST doesn't? The trick, I think, is getting the turnovers, and the Rams are doing that nicely with 4 INTs and 6 fumble recoveries in the past four games.

49ers were a big buzz D going into the year. Obviously they have been a huge disappointment on all levels. However, I am giving them a start this week as the Vickless Eagles come across country with Kolb looking like Shat and the McCoy hurting as well. Win #1 for San Fran and a dominate performance by the D.

Eagles DST @ SF

Falcons DST @ Cle

Bengals DST vs. TB

Cinci or Hotlanta..I have the same choice right now and am leaning towards Cinci

I may have said this already, but in case I haven't, the issue I see with Cincy is their lack of turnovers, and what I suspect will be a very controlled game by the Bucs. Freeman doesn't turn the ball over, and I don't see Cincy being a real get after the runner/cause a fumble Defense. Their strength is in the pass defense where they already have 6 INTs (4 of them thanks to Flacco's meltdown). Against Cleveland, the freakin' Browns!, they gave up 23 points and only 1 INT. Do I think the Bucs will score 23? Maybe not, but I also don't see a lot of opportunities for big plays from the Cincy D.

I'm hoping my opponent starts NYG vs. HOU thinking that they'll put up 10 sacks again. Yeah. NYG is an average D. The Bears O-line is just horrid and was finally exposed.

49ers were a big buzz D going into the year. Obviously they have been a huge disappointment on all levels. However, I am giving them a start this week as the Vickless Eagles come across country with Kolb looking like Shat and the McCoy hurting as well. Win #1 for San Fran and a dominate performance by the D.

yea i feel the same way about the niners this week. i just don't know if i can start them. i have the gmen and the bengals on my team already. i really want to add the niners and drop the bengals, but they have such a good matchup this week. i know (as the guy above me pointed out) that cincy doesn't cause too many turnovers, but i disagree that freeman doesn't make turnovers. he is young and he WILL throw some picks in this game. the game against the browns was a bit of a fluke as they're in state rivals and always play each other tough. idk, i might just roll with the gmen.

You have that luxury playing in a league like that,my league(12 man) requires we carry 2 defenses at all times so there's only 8 left and if we add/drop it's $5 per transaction.

Ouch, that's steep. Both my leagues are more laid back than that.

For what it's worth I picked up KC DST for my family league. I know it's a gamble, but it'll be fun. Here's hoping they put up some points, even if Manning throws 3 TDs.

And in my friends/competitive league, I dropped Cincy and added the Rams. Just a gut feeling here.

Thoughts on CHI DST this week? As mentioned above I'm picking them up anyway because the schedule coming up is very nice but I'm starting to love the matchup this week vs rookie QB with no Steve Smith. Also the chance Hester or the defense returns one to the house as the Bears will need points somehow without Cutler. I think I might roll with them over San Diego. :unsure: