Phurfur

Is anyone else getting the annoying pop ups?

Guys,

Advertising is a key component in keeping FFToday financially viable. Trust me, if we could do away with all the ads and find a less-intrusive revenue stream I would do it in a heartbeat. I don't like them for a number of reasons but there a necessity at this point in time.

That being said, I understand the annoying nature of the pop-ups and I've put in a request with our ad provider to have these style of ads removed from the site. If you continue to see them after Friday please send me an email and let me know.

Thanks

Thanks Mike. I would never complain about advertisements in general. My lively hood is based on serving online ads.

Guys,

Advertising is a key component in keeping FFToday financially viable. Trust me, if we could do away with all the ads and find a less-intrusive revenue stream I would do it in a heartbeat. I don't like them for a number of reasons but there a necessity at this point in time.

That being said, I understand the annoying nature of the pop-ups and I've put in a request with our ad provider to have these style of ads removed from the site. If you continue to see them after Friday please send me an email and let me know.

Thanks

Well, at least she could be topless or something. Then I could deal with the annoyance. :pointstosky:

Hell I couldn't tell you what she looks like, I'm to busy freakin out making a run for the volume knob, and definitely not worth it considering I couldn't tell you what the add was.

Guys,

Thanks

Cool. Got no problem with normal ads. Have even clicked on them and shopped sponsors of this site before. But pop-ups were starting to become a deterrent to even visiting, as this site has a couple that blow through my browser's normal protections.

Actually I am more annoyed by the dumb azz posts on this board than the advertisements.

You've been here a long time. Looks like you have learned some degree of tolerance.

Click the link below and then click on the little red arrow to the right of the pictures to see more pictures of her. Close as you can get.

http://www.mpactorlando.com/2009/04/lauren-thompson/

Good find, image 6 of 8.

I don't get the pop-ups, so clearly you guys need to move to Canada and visit the site from this side of the border. Problem solved.

Good find, image 6 of 8.

I don't get the pop-ups, so clearly you guys need to move to Canada and visit the site from this side of the border. Problem solved.

Image 6? Clearly you didnt see image 8! :thumbsup:

I use Firefox and I get that girl sometime pop in on the front page. Makes me jump every time!

As to the OP who would consider moving on due to that......see ya!

Says the passive consumer who just puts up with everything and anything. :lol:

I suppose you represent the new consumer in this country. You know, the ones that give all their power to the marketers and corporations.

Says the passive consumer who just puts up with everything and anything. :lol:

I suppose you represent the new consumer in this country. You know, the ones that give all their power to the marketers and corporations.

Says the guy supporting Microsoft's web browser. :P

I cant understand what advertiser in their right mind would approve of a pop up that starts screaming at you. Do these people realize that just maybe people peruse the internet at work and really don't want it broadcasted?

I cant understand what advertiser in their right mind would approve of a pop up that starts screaming at you. Do these people realize that just maybe people peruse the internet at work and really don't want it broadcasted?

i have my work computer on mute always.

where this stupid pop up gets ME is if i want to look at some ffball stuff first thing in the am and the rest of my family is asleep. that screaming lady REALLY aggravates me then :thumbsdown:

I couldn't tell you what those assholios are selling because out of principle I don't pay attention to advertising like that.

Any ad which tries to steamroll me in such unwelcome, annoying fashion gets ignored immediately and permanently.

Image 6? Clearly you didnt see image 8! :thumbsup:

I approve both images :)

Never had a pop-up on this site. I know basic computer skills though. :cheers:

You are prolly using that unreliable, worthless firefox though. This ad doesn't bother me nearly enough to start using that disastrous browser again.

Me and my ADVANCED computer skills will stick with chrome. :overhead:

You are prolly using that unreliable, worthless firefox though. This ad doesn't bother me nearly enough to start using that disastrous browser again.

Me and my ADVANCED computer skills will stick with chrome. :overhead:

Wrong, I browse telepathically. Silly human.

The fact that Mike listens to feedback like this without being an ass or crying or banning us is what makes this EASILY the best fantasy football forum on the internet and why I don't post anywhere else (besides TDZ, which is the same thing anyway). :thumbsup:

Also we need more emoticons. :lock: :lock: :lock:

Can we do away with the snapdragon ad that's popping up as a box every time we open a thread @Mike FF Today ?

Tia

• Like 1

i have found my own solutions.

1.  open less threads.

2. come here less often.

tia

Somebody has to pay the bills, so I've never minded ads. Lose the one on the bottom of the page, & I'll disable ad blocker when I visit.